FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 120 of 244 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 243 244 >
Topic Options
#1528720 --- 04/20/19 10:51 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca County
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-says-132825361.html

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano took a sharply critical view of President Trump after the release of the Mueller report on Thursday, saying that the evidence in the report “might be enough to prosecute” him and that even if not, there was abundant evidence that Trump has behaved in a less than presidential manner.

“Depending on how you look at them, there might be enough to prosecute, but the attorney general has decided it’s not enough to prosecute,” Napolitano said during a monologue on his Fox Nation series “Judge Napolitano’s Chambers.” “But it did show a venal, amoral, deceptive Donald Trump, instructing his aides to lie and willing to help them do so. That’s not good in the president of the United States.”

“On obstruction of justice … the president is not exactly cleared,” Napolitano continued, noting how the report detailed “eleven instances” of times Trump had attempted to impede the Special Counsel probe.

FingerLakes1.com
#1528721 --- 04/20/19 11:38 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/politics/mueller-report-donald-trump-sarah-sanders/index.html

The Mueller report -- the result of a 22-month investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election -- didn't end the debate over whether President Donald Trump obstructed justice or acted inappropriately while in office. But there's one thing it proved beyond any debate: The President lies with remarkable ease and cajoles those around him to do the same.

The examples of Trump's willingness to bend the truth to breaking documented by special counsel Robert Mueller are legion. Here are just a few:

Trump told White House counsel Don McGahn to deny that Trump had ordered him to fire Mueller in the summer of 2017 following media reports that detailed the episode. McGahn refused to lie, insisting that his memory of the incident was correct.
Trump told the media that he had fired FBI director James Comey because of a memo written by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein detailing the ways in which Comey broke the chain of command during the 2016 election. The Mueller report notes that Trump had made the decision to fire Comey before Rosenstein ever put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

Trump denied any significant involvement in the construction of Donald Trump Jr.'s statement in the wake of New York Times reporting about a June 2016 meeting between, among others, the President's eldest son and several Russians. According to the Mueller report, Trump specifically requested a line be deleted that acknowledged that one of the purposes of the meeting was in hopes of gathering dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Trump's dim view of the value of telling the truth rolls downhill in his administration. Again, the Mueller report documents a series of instances where the President's advisers lie either because they believe that's what he wants them to do or because he has normalized it to the point that they no longer feel as though it's even the wrong thing to do.

Undermining, but protective: How Trump's staff's insolence may have saved him

The most glaring of these distortions came out of the mouth of White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, who, in May 2017, said this in the wake of the firing of Comey:
"The President, over the last several months, lost confidence in Director Comey. The DOJ [Department of Justice] lost confidence in Director Comey. Bipartisan members of Congress made it clear that they had lost confidence in Director Comey. And most importantly, the rank and file of the FBI had lost confidence in their director."
Pressed by reporters on that that last comment -- about the "rank and file" losing confidence in Comey -- suggesting that the rank and file were supportive of Comey, Sanders responded this way: "We've heard from countless members of the FBI that say very different things."

It turns out that, well, wasn't true. Here's what Mueller wrote about the episode:
"Sanders told this Office that her reference to hearing from 'countless members of the FBI' was a 'slip of the tongue.' She also recalled that her statement in a separate press interview that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in Comey was a comment she made 'in the heat of the moment' that was not founded on anything."
On Fox News Channel Thursday night, Sanders explained that discrepancy this way: "I acknowledge that I had a slip of the tongue when I used the word 'countless,' but it's not untrue ... that a number of both current and former FBI agents agreed with the President."

#1528723 --- 04/20/19 11:57 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Ted Lieu Verified account @tedlieu 10 hours ago

#ResignSarahSanders is trending worldwide ... to the surprise of absolutely no one.

#1528725 --- 04/20/19 12:17 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Fiercemama and 42 others follow
Jon-Christopher Bua @JCBua 12 hours ago

Question? What Will Happen To All The President’s Fools?

#1528727 --- 04/20/19 12:24 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Yamiche Alcindor Verified account @Yamiche 23 hours ago
More Yamiche Alcindor Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Pres Trump now saying the Mueller Report is “total bullshit” after earlier praising it for exonerating him. Yesterday, the president and WH aides were saying yesterday was the best day of his presidency. Now it seems Trump is watching TV and not liking detailed Mueller reporting.

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

...agreed to testify, it was not necessary for me to respond to statements made in the “Report” about me, some of which are total bullshit & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad). This was an Illegally Started Hoax that never should have happened, a...

#1528729 --- 04/20/19 04:51 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Scott Dworkin Verified account @funder 1 hour ago

Sarah Sanders literally lied about the FBI, to the international press, from inside the White House, from the podium, with a straight face. And as confirmed in the Mueller report, she admitted she completely made up the FBI story. Her career should be over. #ResignSarahSanders

#1528732 --- 04/20/19 04:57 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Charlie Sykes Verified account @SykesCharlie 3 hours ago

Now we know why the pre-spin was so important for Trump World. ...the report is frankly, devastating: its narrative exposes a cascade of lies, coverups, and corruption...

#1528735 --- 04/20/19 07:08 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

David Corn Verified account @DavidCornDC 7 hours ago

Trump lied & covered up his deal in Russia.

Trump lied & covered up his campaign’s contact with a Russian emissary representing a secret Russian effort to help Trump.

Trump lied & helped Putin’s regime cover up its attack on the 2016 election.

The scandal: Lies & betrayal.

#1528737 --- 04/20/19 07:24 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-time-short-apos-why-170010797.html

The Russians’ methods may have been new. But their goal was not.

Since the Cold War, Russia has worked to create a fractious West that no longer poses an existential threat.

Their success in 2016, experts warn, virtually guarantees they’ll try again.

“We’ve been focused on what has happened. We’ve focused almost nothing on how to prevent it in the future,” said Michael McFaul, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Russia under President Barack Obama.

“I think those are things we need to look at hard,” McFaul said. “Because time is short.”

#1528739 --- 04/20/19 07:36 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-mueller-report-lashes-out_n_5cbb58c7e4b06605e3ef4034

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is lashing out at current and former aides who cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, insisting the deeply unflattering picture they painted of him and the White House was “total bullshit.”

In a series of angry tweets from Palm Beach, Florida, Trump laced into those who, under oath, had shared with Mueller their accounts of how Trump tried numerous times to squash or influence the investigation and portrayed the White House as infected by a culture of lies, deceit and deception.

“Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry Democrat Trump Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue,” Trump wrote Friday, adding that some were “total bullshit & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad).”

The attacks were a dramatic departure from the upbeat public face the White House had put on it just 24 hours earlier, when Trump celebrated the report’s findings as full exoneration and his counselor Kellyanne Conway called it “the best day” for Trump’s team since his election. While the president, according to people close to him, did feel vindicated by the report, he also felt betrayed by those who had painted him in an unflattering light — even though they were speaking under oath and had been directed by the White House to cooperate fully with Mueller’s team.

The reaction was not entirely surprising and had been something staffers feared in the days ahead of the report’s release as they wondered how Mueller might portray their testimony and whether the report might damage their relationships with Trump.

#1528741 --- 04/20/19 08:22 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/heres-t...e-lives-infamy/

President Donald Trump has not been shy about expressing his admiration for his attorney and political fixer Roy Cohn, who was 59 when he died of AIDS-related causes in 1986 and went down in history as one of the vilest 20th Century figures in U.S. politics. Trump considers Cohn a mentor and an inspiration, and he may have found his 2019 version of Cohn in Attorney General William Barr: Cohn was a top fixer in business and right-wing politics in his day, and Barr served as a fixer for Trump when he offered a vigorous defense of the president during a morning press conference on Thursday (the day Barr officially released a redacted version of the final report for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation).

Cohn, born in New York City in 1927, achieved infamy as Sen. Joseph McCarthy’s chief counsel during the Red Scare in the early 1950s. McCarthy, a Wisconsin Republican, conducted a ruthless anti-communist witch hunt—and he did so with Cohn’s help and guidance. Enthusiastically encouraged by Cohn, McCarthy believed in a guilty-until-proven-innocent approach when it came to alleged communist connections in the government.

Cohn was also a key figure in the Lavender Scare, an anti-gay campaign of the 1950s. Gays, according to Cohn, posed a security threat because they were susceptible to blackmail—and Cohn, along with McCarthy and FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, was responsible for mass firings of gays from the U.S. government during the 1950s. Although Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower would be way too moderate for the Republican Party of 2019, he caved into the anti-gay hysteria and, in 1953, signed into law Executive Order 10450—which barred gays from working in the federal government.

Despite his anti-gay activities, Cohn was widely believed to be a closeted gay man. Vanity Fair’s Marie Brenner, in an in-depth 2017 piece on Cohn, noted that “in lavender Washington, Cohn was known as both a closeted homosexual and homophobic.”

In a March 1988 Life Magazine article, Nicholas von Hoffman quoted Robert Blecker (who had ghost-written one of Cohn’s books) as saying that when he was dying of AIDS-related causes, Cohn claimed to have liver cancer—not AIDS. Von Hoffman’s article quotes Blecker as saying he was among the few people with whom Cohn had been “open about being gay.”

After McCarthy faced a major backlash during the 1950s, Cohn’s legal and political career should have ended. But in the early 1970s, Cohn found a protégé: a young real estate developer from Queens named Donald J. Trump. Cohn represented Trump when, in 1973, the U.S. Justice Department accused him of violating the Fair Housing Act of 1968 in 39 of his buildings by showing racial bias—and the attorney filed a $100 million countersuit against the federal government, calling the accusations against Trump “irresponsible and baseless.”

Long-time Trump ally Roger Stone has articulated how influential Cohn was in Trump’s life. Stone, in a 2018 interview, explained, “You don’t fight on the other guy’s ground. You define what the debate is going to be about. I think Donald learned that from Roy. I learned that from Roy.”

Cohn’s life is the subject of director Matt Tyrnauer’s documentary, “Where’s My Roy Cohn?” Trump has used the title’s exact words: in 2017, after Mueller took over the Russia investigation, a frustrated Trump remarked, “Where’s my Roy Cohn?”

In a piece for The Nation published on Thursday, journalist Joan Walsh asserts that previously, she thought that perhaps Trump had found his modern-day Roy Cohn in former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (one of Trump’s most ardent defenders). But Walsh now says she was “wrong” and that Barr—not Giuliani—has become Trump’s 2019 Roy Cohn, writing that Barr “sat on” Mueller’s “400-page report for three weeks, while quickly releasing a four-page letter exonerating Trump on charges of colluding with Russia and obstructing justice.”

Cohn is mentioned more than once in Mueller’s final report for the Russia investigation. White House Counsel Don McGahn reportedly faced Trump’s wrath when Attorney General Jeff Sessions had recused himself from the investigation. Mueller’s report says that Trump “brought up Roy Cohn, stating that he wished Cohn was his attorney. McGahn interpreted this comment as directed at him, suggesting that Cohn would fight for the president, whereas McGahn would not.”

And former White House Press Secretary Reince Priebus “recalled that when the president talked about Cohn, he said Cohn would win cases for him that had no chance, and that Cohn had done incredible things for him.”

In one of the most amusing parts of Mueller’s report, the special counsel describes a meeting in which Trump wanted to know why McGahn was taking notes, saying, “I never had a lawyer who took notes.”

McGahn, according to Mueller’s report, said “he keeps notes because he is a ‘real lawyer.’” He added that “notes create a record and are not a bad thing.”

And Trump told McGahn, “I’ve had a lot of great lawyers, like Roy Cohn. He did not take notes.”

Trump and Cohn enjoyed so close a relationship that in 1980, Trump commented that Cohn had “been vicious to others in his protection of me.” To be sure, the word “vicious” describes Cohn.

Now 72, Trump still considers Cohn his mentor—and that is nothing to be proud of.

#1528743 --- 04/20/19 08:34 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Brian Krassenstein @krassenstein 24 minutes ago

I call on Nancy Pelosi to IMPEACH Donald J. Trump Immediately for Obstruction of Justice!

Please RETWEET to @SpeakerPelosi

Impeachment would put this lying, pathetic, criminal under oath on live TV before the American people.

#1528765 --- 04/20/19 10:19 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Jackson Steele @askboomer1949 2 hours ago

I am not it a good place today
I spent a good amount of time yesterday reading Trump's timeline and, well, I ended up in a panic attack
YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME THERE
I have worked with large numbers of people all my life
I know DANGEROUS insanity when I see, hear and feel it

#1528770 --- 04/20/19 10:46 PM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Mayday Mindy &#127754; @maydaymindy9 8 hours ago

How fast after trump leaves office do you think Melania will file for divorce?

#1528772 --- 04/21/19 07:04 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Laurence Tribe Verified account @tribelaw 8 hours ago
More Laurence Tribe Retweeted Mimi Rocah

Good call, @Mimirocah1. 18 USC §1513: one of my favorite federal laws! Of course Trump will claim he’s immune and Barr will back him up. But that doesn’t bind Congress in impeachment proceedings, where a pattern of such abuses of power can be a “high Crime and Misdemeanor.”

Mimi Rocah Verified account @Mimirocah1

18 USC Section 1513: It’s a crime to “knowingly, with the intent to retaliate” take “any action harmful to any person, including interference with the lawful employment or livelihood of any person, for providing...truthful information to law enforcement.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/19/trump-campaign-mcgahn-1283545

#1528774 --- 04/21/19 07:31 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Kyle Griffin Verified account @kylegriffin1 5 hours ago

Elizabeth Warren has promised to sign an executive order on her first day as president, if elected, to end drilling offshore and on public lands, a move that would reverse Trump's most notable energy policies.

#1528776 --- 04/21/19 07:42 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

More Col. Morris Davis Retweeted Catherine Rampell

Seems the bone spur and the anal cyst that kept this 2 patriots from kicking ass in Vietnam have miraculously healed ... it’s truly a miracle!

Catherine Rampell Verified account @crampell

Trump played golf with Rush Limbaugh today. White House released this photo.

#1528778 --- 04/21/19 07:50 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Jazzbo99 @Jazzbo99 19 minutes ago

Trump lashes out at Romney. What a tiresome, exhausting weakling! When he's not whining and playing victim, he's attacking like a 5th grader. I'm so fed up with his batty, demented, old a$$

#1528780 --- 04/21/19 08:56 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Even if you don't have a subscription to the Finger Lakes Times, you should be able to go here and see all 448 pages of the Mueller Report. I have a subscription but I did not log in and I could see the whole report. I had to refresh the screen a second time to bring it up. It is right below all the photos.

https://www.fltimes.com/

The Mueller Report

A look at a redacted version of the long anticipated investigative report.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Remember that AG Barr read all this in less than 48 hours and wrote a four page summary of it!

#1528835 --- 04/22/19 06:49 AM Re: Trump Impeachment [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Tea Pain @TeaPainUSA 5 hours ago

If we weigh our decision about impeachment based merely on political outcomes, we have automatically established the power of politics is greater than the rule of law.

We must examine all the evidence and let the law, not politics, guide our path forward.

Page 120 of 244 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 243 244 >