FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1525996 --- 03/16/19 04:42 PM Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things
pingu Offline

Loc: Right here.
http://fingerlakes1.com/2019/03/14/fresh-start-at-ontario-county-humane-society/

I put this up here because after watching the events unfold I have to say that a good auditing firm would help find out some of the financial and legal issues with the Humane Society and Ontario County running this shelter. There are a lot of smart folks trying to do what the County claims has been done over the past years yet it looks more like tax dollars have been received for little or no results.

As of now, the two top people have left and another one may have quit as well. When people quit good paying jobs you have to wonder how bad are things for them to jump ship like that.

There are a lot of volunteers out there trying to improve the situation. When you see a county agency doing basically nothing with a BIG budget, any rational person starts to ask questions.

Funny how so many exited after people started questioning how things were run.

Edited by pingu (03/16/19 04:43 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1526882 --- 03/25/19 11:20 PM Re: Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things [Re: pingu]
pingu Offline

Okay, guess there will be a meeting Tuesday evening at the Sons of Italy to talk about the issues with the Ontario County shelter. With all the money spent by taxpayers for pretty much no results you would think there would be more concern.

#1527826 --- 04/07/19 06:58 AM Re: Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things [Re: pingu]
justacitizen Offline

So what is happening at the humane Society since that meeting in Geneva?

#1528242 --- 04/12/19 07:48 PM Re: Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things [Re: pingu]
pingu Offline

Not much from the reporting standpoint. I'll have to reach out to my other furry friends and see what they have to say.

#1528248 --- 04/12/19 09:57 PM Re: Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things [Re: pingu]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
My furry friends advise that the advocates are engaged in fact finding about compliance of the society and the licensing municipalities with applicable laws and rules, finances, and city, town and county and state oversight of operations.

I am sure you will be hearing more when all the facts are assembled.

Edited by all seeing eye (04/12/19 09:58 PM)

Harry S. Truman

#1528307 --- 04/13/19 03:53 PM Re: Ontario Humane Society: Time to Fix Things [Re: pingu]
pingu Offline

Good for them. Hope that they get to the complete and truthful picture of what has been going on over there. On the surface it seems like a shelter that never really made any effort because no one pushed them to.

My guess is that if someone really knows where to look that the operation will have lots of 'auditing' issues with procedures, bookkeeping, certifications, etc. Again, if no one is really supervising the operation things can get sloppy.

In the end my hope is that something good will come of all this and Ontario County can operate a truly effective shelter and help take some of the burden from the other non-profits in the area.