FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1524630 --- 02/17/19 08:29 PM Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly

Published: 02/17/2019 @ 06:16 pm

Lodi village mayor Francis Steverson resigned Thursday.

His seat on the three-member Village Board will be filled temporarily by deputy mayor and trustee Mike Huff.

There will be a village board election March 19th.

Trustee Kyle Barnhart filed petitions to run for mayor. Huff also filed petitions to seek re-election to his trustee seat.

After the election, someone will have to be appointed to fill Barnhartís trustee seat once he becomes mayor.

Harry S. Truman

FingerLakes1.com
#1524931 --- 02/25/19 04:03 AM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: all seeing eye]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
2 resign from the Seneca Falls Town Board in 2016, 2 won't run for re-election in 2019, One won't run for re-election in Waterloo. Both major parties are having a hard time finding people to run. We are seeing a trend locally and nation wide. Do you think this might be because of people like you ?

Edited by Hello_Governer (02/25/19 04:07 AM)

#1524932 --- 02/25/19 06:12 AM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: Hello_Governer]
Betty. Offline

Loc: LA
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
2 resign from the Seneca Falls Town Board in 2016, 2 won't run for re-election in 2019, One won't run for re-election in Waterloo. Both major parties are having a hard time finding people to run. We are seeing a trend locally and nation wide. Do you think this might be because of people like you ?

It's more likely that they step down because they want to have things their way, and are not happy that the people who elected them want them to actually follow the voters' wishes.

#1524937 --- 02/25/19 01:55 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: Hello_Governer]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
You forgot to mention all the people who have announced to run for office in Seneca Falls. So maybe the trend is over?

Harry S. Truman

#1524940 --- 02/25/19 07:18 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: Betty.
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer

It's more likely that they step down because they want to have things their way, and are not happy that the people who elected them want them to actually follow the voters' wishes.
from the town law manual
(3) Some kind of study or report should be prepared by an expert in the subject matter of the hearing, which person can be present to testify in favor of the proposal. If the town board has received a petition asking the board to act on the subject matter of the hearing, then, by all means, the signers of the petition should be contacted and requested to attend the hearing and speak up. These techniques are suggested because often the only people who attend a town hearing are those "opposed." It is tough to approve a proposal when the only people who spoke on it at the hearing were those opposed.

#1524941 --- 02/25/19 08:12 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: all seeing eye]
John Q Public Offline

Loc: NY
Chuckie, and then there are those that turn things upside down and then abruptly resign. You know what I mean?

#1524942 --- 02/25/19 08:18 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Betty.

Gov, do you believe she actually said that ? She obviously didn't think before she wrote that. What would the world be like if politicians " actually follow the voters' wishes."

#1524943 --- 02/25/19 08:20 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: John Q Public]
scwoodchuck Offline

You and Betty are 2 peas in a pod. crazy a perfect example as to why New York is in decline.

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/25/19 08:22 PM)

#1524953 --- 02/26/19 06:32 PM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
You forgot to mention all the people who have announced to run for office in Seneca Falls. So maybe the trend is over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouCnm5HV83s&t=373s

#1524955 --- 02/27/19 06:39 AM Re: Mayor resigns in Lodi unexpectedly [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouCnm5HV83s&t=373s
How many times does Avery have to do a 180 before people catch on ?