FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1519848 --- 10/01/18 05:40 PM Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows

Published: 10/01/2018 @ 01:00 pm | Updated: 10/01/2018 @ 03:02 pm

FingerLakes1 News

Is it time for a new deal in Seneca Falls?

Documents purporting to be the outline of a new host agreement between the Town of Seneca Falls and Seneca Meadows Landfill show major changes from the 2007 agreement currently in place.

It assumes the passing of a new local law, which would keep Seneca Meadows operating through the end of 2037.

In the agreement, the Town would receive $3.5 million upon adoption. The new agreement would have payments of no less than $5 million annually coming to the Town, which would match a 5.5 percent share of the landfill’s gross revenues.

If the Town’s 5.5 percent share of gross revenues exceeds $5 million, then a secondary payment would have to be made to the Town at the start of the following year.

The agreement would increase the 5.5 percent marker to 6 percent in 2022; and then 6.25 percent in 2025. By 2028, the baseline annual payment would hit 6.5 percent of gross revenues. These percentages would work as a baseline in the new agreement.

The Town would also be compensated by Seneca Meadows, up to $100,000 for legal and engineering fees caused by landfill-operation related issues.

The agreement sets a closure date for 2037, at which point the landfill says it would stop accepting solid waste. It also notes that DEC permit requests would be limited to the timeline between present day and 2037.

Another major change in the agreement would be the promise to ‘not challenge’ a new local law, which would replace the one passed by the Town Board in 2016 – setting closure of the landfill on December 31, 2025.

The new local law would use the updated host agreement as its guideline, and assume a closure date of 2037.

The host agreement also promises that the current Town Board will not oppose infilling operations south of Salcman Road. This is the site of the former Tantalo landfill.

Officials have not commented on the document’s authenticity, and denied the possibility that the item would be on Tuesday’s agenda.

READ THE DOCS

Edited by all seeing eye (10/01/18 05:52 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1519850 --- 10/01/18 06:04 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

Is this an irrevocable Contract? If the present board gets voted out, I hope it can be reversed.

#1519851 --- 10/01/18 08:47 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

Originally Posted By: Gdog
Is this an irrevocable Contract? If the present board gets voted out, I hope it can be reversed.

The present board would have to adopt it, first. And, if they do, I don't think it can be reversed.

It appears that the board as a whole never authorized a settlement and were surprised last week. Sounds like approval may be iffy:

LANDFILL MAKES OFFER THEY CAN’T REFUSE — OR CAN THEY? Seneca Meadows Sweetens the Pot to Buy 12 More Years of Life — Until 2037

"But the three other members of the five-member board — Vittorio “Vic” Porretta, Douglas Avery and Dave DeLelys — have staunchly supported Local Law 3, which set the December 2025 closing date.

Porretta voted for the law when it was enacted in 2016. Avery and DeLelys won elections last November after running campaigns that stressed their support for the controversial law.LandfillREADY

In interviews today, all three voiced skepticism of the landfill’s proposal to push back the mandatory closing date by 12 years.

“I don’t like it,” DeLeLys said. “That’s too far out….It will be a ‘no’ vote tomorrow.”

Avery said that he understood supporters of the deal had lobbied DeLelys and Porretta but hadn’t actively courted his vote. “They just know I’m a hopeless case,” Avery said.

Porretta said he was carefully studying the proposal, but leaning against giving it his support. “My stance is what it has been in the past,” he said. “I don’t anticipate changing my view,” he said. "

Full article at:

Waterfrontonline.blog

#1519852 --- 10/01/18 11:00 PM SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

#1519853 --- 10/01/18 11:50 PM Re: SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

And money prevails, Not environment, people, or the future. Good job!!!

#1519869 --- 10/02/18 04:42 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.
Opposing board members speak out

Regarding the updated deal, Councilor David DeLelys told Peter Mantius, of the Water Front, "I don't like it. That's too far out ... It will be a 'no' vote [tonight]."

Councilor Vic Porretta was also courted for a 'yay' vote at tonight's meeting. But told Mantius that he was 'leaning against' supporting it. "My stance is what it has bee in the past. I don't anticipate changing my view."

Councilor Doug Avery, who has been loudly opposed to Seneca Meadows says officials did not attempt to win over his vote.

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/02/seneca-falls-town-board-october-2018/

#1519870 --- 10/02/18 05:26 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

Host Agreement wiped from agenda

In a surprising move, Supervisor Lazzaro moved to remove all host agreement and SMI related items from the agenda; and without any fanfare it was seconded and unanimously approved.

Supervisor Lazzaro said that he was advised to do so by his attorney. The motion passed unanimously.

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/02/seneca-falls-town-board-october-2018/

#1519871 --- 10/02/18 05:49 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Festus]
all seeing eye Offline

Which attorney? Foster? Hou? Or a personal attorney?

#1519872 --- 10/02/18 05:53 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Which attorney? Foster? Hou? Or a personal attorney?

Probably a town attorney and probably because they don't want to get accused of any more SEQR violations.

#1519874 --- 10/02/18 06:30 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

He didn't have the votes to pass it.

#1519875 --- 10/02/18 06:47 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Festus]
all seeing eye Offline

Good answer. You are probably right.

#1519958 --- 10/08/18 08:52 PM Seneca Falls Town Board orders rigorous defense of Local Law 3, standing by 2025 closure of SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

Seneca Falls Town Board orders rigorous defense of Local Law 3, standing by 2025 closure of SMI

A three-member majority of the Seneca Falls Town Board instructed town attorneys today to immediately begin a rigorous legal defense of Local Law 3, which requires Seneca Meadows Inc. landfill to close by December 2025...

Those same three — Douglas Avery, Vic Porretta and Dave DeLelys — insisted today that town attorneys turn their effort toward defending Local Law 3 rather than negotiating behind the scenes.

Seneca Meadows sued the town and its board last November, challenging the validity of Local Law 3, which Avery, Porretta and DeLelys support.

But the town has never filed a response brief to the landfill’s original complaint, and the case has been postponed five different times at the request of attorneys for both sides.

Town Attorney David Lee Foster and outside attorney David Hou of the Boylan Code law firm haven’t mounted any legal defense. Rather they have been working to structure a deal that could win a majority of board support, in keeping with the goals of Lazzaro, Ferrara and Kyle Black, the landfill’s manager.

In a Sept. 28 email, Hou shared with Foster last minute tweaks to the landfill’s plans and his hopes “we can get a majority.”

The message included the following: “Please take a look at my revision to section 2c, to ensure that it is in accord with your discussions with Kyle (Black, manager of Seneca Meadows). Assuming we can get a majority, I envision the process being…”

Avery, Porretta and DeLelys, who had been excluded from those negotiations, today instructed Foster to direct Hou to promptly launch a legal defense of Local Law 3. Avery said Lazzaro expressed objections to. Ferrara was not present.

“My concern is that (the legal defense) not be done in a half-hearted manner,” Avery said. “We are not interested in further commentary on this.”

The meeting was not public because it was limited to attorney-client matters

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/08/sene...closure-of-smi/

#1519980 --- 10/11/18 05:26 AM Re: SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: Gdog]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: Gdog
And money prevails, Not environment, people, or the future. Good job!!!
If the town accepts the landfill's offer actually quite the opposite is true.

#1520105 --- 10/16/18 06:38 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Mr. Bruce Bonafiglia is fully against any future expansions. If he has spoke out before about this issue, I wasn't aware of it. This is a huge step in the right direction for the Waterloo and Seneca Falls area.

You can read his letter here:
https://ia801509.us.archive.org/22/items...-2018-10-05.pdf

#1520113 --- 10/17/18 07:14 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
His daughter has, many times ! BIG DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF HE IS SO CONCERNED WHY DOESN'T HE GET TOGETHER WITH LUTZ AND PAY THE TOWN NOT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE LANDFILL..

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/17/18 07:16 AM)

#1520114 --- 10/17/18 10:46 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
IF HE IS SO CONCERNED WHY DOESN'T HE GET TOGETHER WITH LUTZ AND PAY THE TOWN NOT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE LANDFILL..

That sounds unethical.

Shows where your moral compass is pointed.

#1520129 --- 10/18/18 01:09 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
I see the same losers are still trolling on this forum in support of their beloved trash heap. After all these years...

Sad.

#1520131 --- 10/18/18 07:03 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall

That sounds unethical.

Does Bonadent receive a PILOT or other tax break and, if so, could that be what he's referring to when he says Bruce could pay additional money to offset lost landfill revenue?

#1520132 --- 10/18/18 07:32 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Hot Burrito]
scwoodchuck Offline

Bonadent got HUGE TAX BREAKS.

#1520143 --- 10/18/18 06:48 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Hot Burrito]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito

That sounds unethical.

Does Bonadent receive a PILOT or other tax break and, if so, could that be what he's referring to when he says Bruce could pay additional money to offset lost landfill revenue?

That's not what he said or even hinted too.

Sounded like he meant Bruce should buy off the town board like the dump is doing with their 2 puppets. . .Lazzaro and DeLelys.

#1520144 --- 10/18/18 06:50 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Bruce added jobs. Rehabbed a building that would have been abandoned and this could be the biggest one. . .

HE DOESN'T MAKE THE AREA SMELL LIKE THE DUMPSTER OF THE NORTH EAST!

and can you prove he received any PILOT agreements?

You say you are pro-business in Seneca County but it sounds like the only business you support is the Big Dump!

#1520145 --- 10/18/18 06:59 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
Crabby Offline

Loc: In the wind

Bruce added jobs. Rehabbed a building that would have been abandoned and this could be the biggest one. . .

HE DOESN'T MAKE THE AREA SMELL LIKE THE DUMPSTER OF THE NORTH EAST!

and can you prove he received any PILOT agreements?

You say you are pro-business in Seneca County but it sounds like the only business you support is the Big Dump!

Danaren incentive package draws no comments

By DAVID L. SHAW dshaw@fltimes.com Aug 30, 2017 0

SENECA FALLS — Danaren Dental Laboratory of Seneca Falls is exploring three options to expand its manufacturing space and remain competitive in the marketplace.

The options are to expand its current operations in Seneca Falls by building a 7,500-square-foot addition to its existing facilities at the north end of the BonaDent facility, the former Wal-Mart building on Routes 5&20.

Another option is to relocate Danaren to one of BonaDent’s other manufacturing locations in Florida or South Carolina, which are offering incentives to move there.

Or they could outsource production to China or India, as other American dental labs do.

Danaren officials have applied to the Seneca County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) for financial assistance to help them make the decision to stay in Seneca Falls, retaining 29 current employees and adding up to 30 new employees over the next five years.

The IDA has proposed a land-lease agreement with BonaDent so it can:

• Offer a Payment In Lieu Of Taxes (PILOT) agreement in the form of an amendment to the current PILOT agreement between the IDA and BonaDent to include the 7,500-square-foot addition.

• An exemption from paying sales tax on building materials, supplies and equipment purchased for the expansion.

• An exemption from paying the mortgage recording tax when the lease ends.

No one showed up Tuesday to comment either for or against the proposed financial aid package. That means the IDA Board of Directors will likely vote to offer the package to the family-owned Seneca Falls company at its Sept. 7 meeting.

In its application, Danaren Vice President Danielle Bonafiglia Wirth said the company “has positioned itself within the dental lab industry as a cost-effective option for dentists looking for low-cost restorations.”

“We compete directly with laboratories in China, India and Mexico, along with American laboratories who currently outsource their work to those countries. Danaren has outgrown its current manufacturing space,” she said.

Danaren is proposing to lease a 10,000-square-foot parcel of property on the north end of BonaDent’s current facility. The company would build the addition on that parcel.

The expansion project has a price tag of $1.19 million. Documents submitted with the application state the company plans to mortgage the project for $952,000 and use $238,000 in equity to finance the project. The PILOT is projected to save the company $80,025. The mortgage tax exemption will save the company $13,600 and the sales tax exemption will save an estimated $56,800.

Having the expansion take place in Seneca Falls is projected to generate $4.6 million in income tax revenue, $26,402 in PILOT revenue and $2.39 million in sales tax revenue over 14 years. Sharing in the PILOT payments would be the town of Seneca Falls, Seneca County and the Waterloo school district.

#1520146 --- 10/18/18 07:32 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Crabby]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Crabby

Danaren incentive package draws no comments

By DAVID L. SHAW dshaw@fltimes.com Aug 30, 2017 0

SENECA FALLS —
The IDA has proposed a land-lease agreement with BonaDent so it can:

• Offer a Payment In Lieu Of Taxes (PILOT) agreement in the form of an amendment to the current PILOT agreement between the IDA and BonaDent to include the 7,500-square-foot addition.

• An exemption from paying sales tax on building materials, supplies and equipment purchased for the expansion.

• An exemption from paying the mortgage recording tax when the lease ends.

No one showed up Tuesday to comment either for or against the proposed financial aid package. That means the IDA Board of Directors will likely vote to offer the package to the family-owned Seneca Falls company at its Sept. 7 meeting.

Nice. I'd rather see a legit company get it versus the NorthEast's biggest toxic Dump.

The BIG DUMP. Stank Meadow's new slogan. . . 'Takin' a Dump on the People in Seneca County one #2 at a time!'

#1520147 --- 10/18/18 08:52 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

#1520166 --- 10/19/18 10:36 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Solid argument.

#1520167 --- 10/21/18 05:31 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

My response makes more sense than this;

" Nice. I'd rather see a legit company get it versus the NorthEast's biggest toxic Dump.

The BIG DUMP. Stank Meadow's new slogan. . . 'Takin' a Dump on the People in Seneca County one #2 at a time!' "

#1520189 --- 10/23/18 03:00 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

My response makes more sense than this;

" Nice. I'd rather see a legit company get it versus the NorthEast's biggest toxic Dump.

The BIG DUMP. Stank Meadow's new slogan. . . 'Takin' a Dump on the People in Seneca County one #2 at a time!' "

What part of that confused you?

#1520220 --- 10/25/18 09:51 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
John Q Public Offline

Loc: NY
Town Board Meeting tomorrow. What's it about?

#1520223 --- 10/26/18 05:38 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: John Q Public]
Crabby Offline

Loc: In the wind
Originally Posted By: John Q Public
Town Board Meeting tomorrow. What's it about?

FLTimes.com

SENECA FALLS — The Town Board will meet in another special session at 3:30 p.m. Friday inside the Ovid Street municipal building.

The purpose: to consider approving a resolution instructing the Boylan Code law firm of Rochester to "aggressively" defend the town from the Article 78 proceeding initiated by Seneca Meadows over Local Law 3 of 2016. That legislation calls for the landfill by Dec. 31, 2025, and bans any new waste-disposal facilities from being built in the town.

The landfill has challenged its legality on several procedural points.

Board member Doug Avery said the board — except for Lou Ferrara, who was absent — met Oct. 8 with town Attorney David Foster. Attorney David Hou of Boylan Code was available by telephone.

Avery said the purpose of the Oct. 8 session was to determine whether to accept an offer from Seneca Meadows to drop its lawsuit in exchange for a significant increase in the amount of money it gives the town through a Host Community Agreement, as well as allowing the landfill to operate until Dec. 31, 2037. Avery said the board decided to reject the offer and begin the defense of the lawsuit.

When there was a request that a public vote be taken, Avery and fellow board member David DeLelys submitted a letter to Supervisor Greg Lazzaro asking for the public meeting that is scheduled Friday.
— David L. Shaw”

#1520235 --- 10/26/18 07:51 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Crabby]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Avery wouldn't dare to put the landfill issue to a public vote.

#1520241 --- 10/26/18 10:38 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Hello_Governer]
all seeing eye Offline

Are you saying the dump is so popular that the public would support it in a referendum? Or that he wouldn't dare have the Board vote in public?

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
Avery wouldn't dare to put the landfill issue to a public vote.

#1520244 --- 10/26/18 01:33 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
FLHTCUI-XL1200R Offline

Loc: Fingha Lakes
Err Umm they voters already voted. They elected people who want to dump the dump. Thats how it works

#1520266 --- 10/27/18 11:20 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

AGGRESSIVE’ DEFENSE APPROVED: SF moves toward showdown in court over landfill law as residents voice spectrum of concerns
Published: 10/27/2018 @ 09:56 am

http://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/27/aggre...um-of-concerns/

#1520282 --- 10/27/18 07:44 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

The vocal minority wins another one.
BUT, BUT, BUT, didn't Avery run for office claiming the town didn't need landfill money ?

#1520291 --- 10/28/18 09:29 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
I keep reading & hearing about money & increase taxes....what about HEALTH concerns?? I have lived in Seneca Falls over 40 yrs. I lost count of family & friends with cancer, who have died or have survived. The podcast with Mr. Black & his PR person, keep saying the are "good neighbors". To me "good neighbors" do not pollute, their neighbors. Mr. Black referenced Love Canal (Buffalo/Niagara Area). It was Hooker Chemical, in the '60s, then changed Occidental Chemical Corp. They didn't & shouldn't be near populated areas. Landfills aka Dumps should not be near populated areas. If smells were from rotten food "stuffs", only OK. However we know the smells are generated from food, chemicals & who knows what? And we know long term the liners will leak or fail. I say close the Dump Monday 10/29/2018!!! The sooner the better. If loosing $100 million, saves lives, I say do it!!! PS - I lived in the Buffalo area, during Love Canal...it wasn't pretty.

#1520292 --- 10/29/18 06:18 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Lee Alias]
scwoodchuck Offline

Not that lame argument again ! To this very day they are still trying to find someone who was actually harmed by Love Canal, but have never proved anything. Do you see landfill employees running around in hazmat suits ? NO. Do you get evacuation notices when it stinks ? NO. You are a conspiracy nut who thinks the government is out to kill you and you obviously know absolutely nothing about cancer.

#1520296 --- 10/29/18 10:40 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Not that lame argument again ! To this very day they are still trying to find someone who was actually harmed by Love Canal, but have never proved anything. Do you see landfill employees running around in hazmat suits ? NO. Do you get evacuation notices when it stinks ? NO. You are a conspiracy nut who thinks the government is out to kill you and you obviously know absolutely nothing about cancer.

Lame argument?

Why are you so concerned about what a resident of the area feels is a health hazard. You don't even live in the area.

Maybe you can ask your heroes at the dump for some asbestos soil to grow a garden. Then you can hand out all the 'fresh' vegetables to your friends and family. Using asbestos soil for a garden is safe right?

Stank Meadows - Giving Seneca County a bigger dump, one dump at a time!

#1520297 --- 10/29/18 11:00 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

You just prove every time that you post that you can't be taken as a credible source.

First, the dump is toxic. I don't care what any dump supporter says.

Second, maybe you should do some research on the Love Canal. There is documented research that is 6 million times more credible than you could ever wish to be that proves how toxic that area is. The birth defects and miscarriages are not coincidental.

#1520298 --- 10/29/18 12:25 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

https://www.princeton.edu/~ota/disk3/1983/8309/830906.PDF

You probably won't understand a word of this because you have proven your inability to comprehend anything that you read.

One problem they had was that when comparing the health problems at Love Canal to other parts of the city the results were almost exactly the same.
Dr. John Doull of the University of Kansas Medical Center said in his written opinion that he would ''not advise residents of this area (Love Canal) to move out of the area, but neither would I encourage new residents to move into this area.''

And Dr. Robert Tardiff of the National Academy of Sciences said that from the data available, ''it is not possible for me to conclude that health hazards of such unusual proportions exist to make this area uninhabitable.'' But he added that ''societal and legal considerations'' should be taken into account.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/29/18 12:39 PM)

#1520308 --- 10/29/18 02:27 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

https://www.princeton.edu/~ota/disk3/1983/8309/830906.PDF

Dr. John Doull of the University of Kansas Medical Center said in his written opinion that he would ''not advise residents of this area (Love Canal) to move out of the area, but neither would I encourage new residents to move into this area.''

Nice quote. Sounds like what Bruce was saying. He says it's hard to find potential job candidates to move to the area. Yea, who wants to move into an area that stinks 24/7/365 and where the town officials (2 of them anyways) pray to the dump gods on a daily basis.

So guess what, as the older generation dies off, you're not replacing those people and tax dollars. Further pushing the town's dependency on trash cash. Not a good cycle, at all.

#1520309 --- 10/29/18 02:32 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Woodchuck,

Would you allow someone to dump asbestos soil on your property along with batteries, lead paint, human waste, heavy metals, and anything else a person wants to throw on your property?

Do you think your property value will increase?

#1520322 --- 10/29/18 05:03 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Do you have any idea what people did with their trash before dumps were created ? Do you have any idea what is in your backyard ? Actually all kinds of trash float up out of the soil on my property. The only real concern is the sharp objects like glass and metal.

By the way there is really no such thing as "HEAVY METALS"

You, AGAIN, either didn't read the article about Love Canal or didn't fully understand it.

https://genevahistoricalsociety.com/organizations/garbage/

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/29/18 05:13 PM)

#1520324 --- 10/30/18 06:59 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Do you have any idea what people did with their trash before dumps were created ?

Yea, what's your point?

It doesn't mean Seneca County and the Finger Lakes area has to be the DUMP for the northeast.

#1520325 --- 10/30/18 07:02 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Actually all kinds of trash float up out of the soil on my property. The only real concern is the sharp objects like glass and metal.

Your property?

The nursing home? Or that was just another lie that you wanted everyone to believe. And that you're 98.

Less credibility every post.

#1520326 --- 10/30/18 07:44 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Maybe you should inform all the scientist and biologist working on Onondaga Lake of your theory on heavy metals.

#1520333 --- 10/30/18 08:10 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
cwanky Offline

Loc: new york
if we can smell the stink we should get the stinky cash.
Take the money..... yes the mountain could be causing all kinds of ills today and into the future. So if it stopped tomorrow what changes? The stink, the environmental impact, the payoffs , the ripoffs and the things nobody saw will go on forever.

Trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube is a cursade of stupidity. If you lay down with dogs the itch from the fleas goes on forever. Get the stink money,we ae all already butchin' and itchin'. besides the town will just blow it on something stupid anyway but at least we all will have something else to gripe about..

#1520334 --- 10/30/18 10:53 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Actually all kinds of trash float up out of the soil on my property. The only real concern is the sharp objects like glass and metal.

Your property?

The nursing home? Or that was just another lie that you wanted everyone to believe. And that you're 98.

Less credibility every post.
actually I don't turn 98 till 11/11/2018 . When you have money you can be in a nursing home and still have property.

#1520335 --- 10/30/18 10:54 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Maybe you should inform all the scientist and biologist working on Onondaga Lake of your theory on heavy metals.
LOOK IT UP, KNOW IT ALL

#1520336 --- 10/30/18 11:04 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: cwanky]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: cwanky
Take the money..... yes the mountain could be causing all kinds of ills today and into the future. So if it stopped tomorrow what changes? The stink, the environmental impact, the payoffs , the ripoffs and the things nobody saw will go on forever.

Trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube is a cursade of stupidity. If you lay down with dogs the itch from the fleas goes on forever. Get the stink money,we ae all already butchin' and itchin'. besides the town will just blow it on something stupid anyway but at least we all will have something else to gripe about..
Hell NO ! Give the money back and try to shut them down. That's what you want, so "DO IT", you people have a habit of screwing up every opportunity that comes along anyway.

#1520337 --- 10/31/18 02:50 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

LOOK IT UP, KNOW IT ALL

That's a great argument right there. When proven wrong like the clown you are, you retort with a "LOOK IT UP!" Typing it all caps doesn't actually make you any less wrong, BM.

#1520338 --- 10/31/18 06:24 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Freaking out about heavy metals in your food? Here's what you should ...
https://www.popsci.com/heavy-metals-baby-food
Aug 17, 2018 - Baby food is just the latest product to be found containing potentially hazardous levels of heavy metals. But what are heavy metals anyway, and ...

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...logical_Systems

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/31/18 06:36 AM)

#1520340 --- 10/31/18 06:53 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Aug 17, 2018 - Baby food is just the latest product to be found containing potentially hazardous levels of heavy metals. But what are heavy metals anyway, and ...

In one post you state there's no such thing as 'heavy metals' and in a few posts later you link articles that discuss 'heavy metals' in great detail.

You really need to have someone monitor your meds.

#1520342 --- 10/31/18 07:22 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Hell NO ! Give the money back and try to shut them down. That's what you want, so "DO IT", you people have a habit of screwing up every opportunity that comes along anyway.

'opportunity'

Hahaha. Yea, when someone offers you an 'opportunity' to a lower quality of life you should accept it with open arms.

Why do you hate the Waterloo, Seneca Falls, and Finger Lakes area so much that you think it should be the dumping grounds of the northeast.

#1520377 --- 10/31/18 08:06 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

In one post you state there's no such thing as 'heavy metals' and in a few posts later you link articles that discuss 'heavy metals' in great detail.

You really need to have someone monitor your meds.
Again, would you please learn to read.

The definition of ‘‘heavy metals’’ seems very simple on a
first glance: a heavy metal is a metal having high specific
weight. This physical property, however, is quite mean-
ingless for plants as well as for other living organisms.
Metals are not accessible for plants and are available in
solution for them only after chemical reactions have
changed the oxidation state. Once a chemical compound
has been formed (e.g. salt) the density of the metal does not
play any role. We do not know any correlation between the
density of a metal and its physiological or toxicological
effects. This means we need a different definition that is
more unequivocal and should be based on the periodic
system of elements

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/31/18 08:09 PM)

#1520378 --- 10/31/18 08:19 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

'opportunity'

Hahaha. Yea, when someone offers you an 'opportunity' to a lower quality of life you should accept it with open arms.

Why do you hate the Waterloo, Seneca Falls, and Finger Lakes area so much that you think it should be the dumping grounds of the northeast.

Why is it that you would have the garbage dumped on someone else ? I seem to remember some people, in the area, making huge sums of money off that dump and those same people were held in high esteem ( respect and admiration ),by the locals. If people wouldn't exaggerate about the dump, most people wouldn't think twice about it.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/31/18 08:20 PM)

#1520438 --- 11/03/18 10:03 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
cwanky Offline

Loc: new york

'opportunity'

Wake up pal WE ARE THE DUMPING GROUNDS for the Northeast, too late, the stink is in the groung and the money is still in the pockets of the people who put it there. you can unscrew a light bulb buy you can't unscrew what is so perfectly screwed up as the trash capital of the northeast. So plug your nose, take the cash and save that stink money to buy yourself a nice condo in the towns where the trash is coming from . Give them back some of what they are giving us!

#1520445 --- 11/05/18 12:10 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Deepblue5562 Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
Question-who designated us the trash receptacle of the Northeast? Where has all this money gone? Has anyone's taxes in Seneca Falls gone down? Why does just Seneca Falls have say in any of this when it affects the entire county?

#1520460 --- 11/06/18 07:57 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
SF Proud Offline

Loc: Beautiful Seneca Falls

#1520466 --- 11/06/18 01:44 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: SF Proud]
scwoodchuck Offline

looks like Shaw might have gotten the time wrong AGAIN ! In the past when there is a public hearing the meeting starts at 5:30

Avery"s facebook page says 5:15

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/06/18 01:47 PM)

#1520478 --- 11/07/18 12:57 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

'opportunity'

Why is it that you would have the garbage dumped on someone else ? I seem to remember some people, in the area, making huge sums of money off that dump and those same people were held in high esteem ( respect and admiration ),by the locals. If people wouldn't exaggerate about the dump, most people wouldn't think twice about it.

I didn't say it should be dumped on someone else. It's more about that everyone should be accountable for the waste they produce. The current situation makes people believe that the trash just disappears at the curb.

#1520479 --- 11/07/18 12:59 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: SF Proud]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: SF Proud

Looks like more people of power are speaking out on what a detriment the DUMP is to attracting a qualified work force to the area.

#1520480 --- 11/07/18 01:06 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Deepblue5562]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Deepblue5562
Question-who designated us the trash receptacle of the Northeast? Where has all this money gone? Has anyone's taxes in Seneca Falls gone down? Why does just Seneca Falls have say in any of this when it affects the entire county?

About 20 years ago the town board of Seneca Falls thought it would be a good idea to let Stank Meadows go higher, wider, and increase their tons per day - tpd. So, the answer is that the old town board of Seneca Falls is to blame for making the area the dumping grounds off the north east.

The DUMP got so used to the town being puppets that as soon as they hear NO, they are taking legal action against the town instead of accepting the fact that the people of the area don't want to be bullied into being the trash can of the north east anymore. So much for being good neighbors. Stank Meadows is more like the neighborhood bully. Their way or else.

The town used to pay zero TOWN taxes because of the dump. When the village and town merged, the old town had to start paying taxes and the old village taxes went down. School taxes remained the same (the dump never had anything to do with school taxes). Instead of the town having a reasonable budget, they counted on the dump money and you can see the terrible situation that has gotten SF into today.

#1520563 --- 11/14/18 05:44 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

Is CircularEnerG still trying to force more trash onto the residents of Seneca County??

I see even Cuomo said this was a bad idea. Lots of reps against this one.

#1520565 --- 11/14/18 10:20 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
all seeing eye Offline

As of right now they have begun the approval process under Article 10 and are pursuing two lawsuits against the Town. No indication they are backing off at all. And no decision from the judge yet.

Is CircularEnerG still trying to force more trash onto the residents of Seneca County??

#1520566 --- 11/14/18 02:38 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

As of right now they have begun the approval process under Article 10 and are pursuing two lawsuits against the Town. No indication they are backing off at all. And no decision from the judge yet.

That's the problem with these companies that have millions behind them. They waste so much time and money of small communities and then try to beat them into submission. Then, they turn around and give money back to make themselves look like hero's. Bullies.

They don't care about what the community wants. They only care about their bottom line and making more money.

Stank Meadows uses the same tactic. If the town doesn't do what they want, they bring them to court. Sad.

#1520567 --- 11/14/18 03:45 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
all seeing eye Offline

We still don't know where the money is from. I do think the lawyers are billing by the word.

They are certainly making money on the applications and lawsuits.

That's the problem with these companies that have millions behind them. They waste so much time and money with small communities and beat them into submission.

They don't care about what the community wants. They only care about their bottom line and making more money.

Stank Meadows uses the same tactic. If the town doesn't do what they want, they bring them to court. Sad.

Edited by all seeing eye (11/14/18 04:04 PM)

#1520569 --- 11/14/18 08:40 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

AH, did you two just figure all this out ?

#1520585 --- 11/15/18 07:41 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
Seneca Falls Town Board met for a special session - Pretty obvious Greg & Lou are agreement on everything. Do you think they talk outside the meeting? I never met Doug, however I agree on his thoughts on the IT Position & the attorney. And Lou's argument about law firms doing hand offs to others; how does it differ from what Foster does now. I still don't understand why we hire from outside the town. At least stay in the county. A YES vote on the budget was the right vote. It shows MOST believe Seneca Meadows is not "A Good Neighbor."

#1520586 --- 11/15/18 08:34 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Raising taxes at the pace they are going shows that they can't manage the situation.

#1520601 --- Yesterday at 12:08 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Lee Alias]
scwoodchuck Offline

explain just how you would force someone to take the job as town attorney ? Keep in mind that the Seneca Falls Environmental Action Committee wanted the last town attorney to resign. Must be you people in Seneca Falls think the town attorney can change the law. Wouldn't it be a good idea to find replacements for the IT and attorney BEFORE you eliminate them ? Wouldn't a part time attorney " HAND OFF " more than a full time attorney ? This is pure politics. Obviously you think the supervisor shouldn't talk to the deputy supervisor, WOW !

#1520602 --- Yesterday at 12:13 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Raising taxes at the pace they are going shows that they can't manage the situation.
Why do you think they dissolved the village ? The situation hasn't been MANAGED in decades and the State is going to manage it for you if something isn't done soon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >