FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1520479 --- 11/07/18 12:59 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: SF Proud]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Originally Posted By: SF Proud

Looks like more people of power are speaking out on what a detriment the DUMP is to attracting a qualified work force to the area.

FingerLakes1.com
#1520480 --- 11/07/18 01:06 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Deepblue5562]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Deepblue5562
Question-who designated us the trash receptacle of the Northeast? Where has all this money gone? Has anyone's taxes in Seneca Falls gone down? Why does just Seneca Falls have say in any of this when it affects the entire county?

About 20 years ago the town board of Seneca Falls thought it would be a good idea to let Stank Meadows go higher, wider, and increase their tons per day - tpd. So, the answer is that the old town board of Seneca Falls is to blame for making the area the dumping grounds off the north east.

The DUMP got so used to the town being puppets that as soon as they hear NO, they are taking legal action against the town instead of accepting the fact that the people of the area don't want to be bullied into being the trash can of the north east anymore. So much for being good neighbors. Stank Meadows is more like the neighborhood bully. Their way or else.

The town used to pay zero TOWN taxes because of the dump. When the village and town merged, the old town had to start paying taxes and the old village taxes went down. School taxes remained the same (the dump never had anything to do with school taxes). Instead of the town having a reasonable budget, they counted on the dump money and you can see the terrible situation that has gotten SF into today.

#1520563 --- 11/14/18 05:44 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

Is CircularEnerG still trying to force more trash onto the residents of Seneca County??

I see even Cuomo said this was a bad idea. Lots of reps against this one.

#1520565 --- 11/14/18 10:20 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
As of right now they have begun the approval process under Article 10 and are pursuing two lawsuits against the Town. No indication they are backing off at all. And no decision from the judge yet.

Originally Posted By: hearallseeall
Is CircularEnerG still trying to force more trash onto the residents of Seneca County??

#1520566 --- 11/14/18 02:38 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
As of right now they have begun the approval process under Article 10 and are pursuing two lawsuits against the Town. No indication they are backing off at all. And no decision from the judge yet.

That's the problem with these companies that have millions behind them. They waste so much time and money of small communities and then try to beat them into submission. Then, they turn around and give money back to make themselves look like hero's. Bullies.

They don't care about what the community wants. They only care about their bottom line and making more money.

Stank Meadows uses the same tactic. If the town doesn't do what they want, they bring them to court. Sad.

#1520567 --- 11/14/18 03:45 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
We still don't know where the money is from. I do think the lawyers are billing by the word.

They are certainly making money on the applications and lawsuits.

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye

That's the problem with these companies that have millions behind them. They waste so much time and money with small communities and beat them into submission.

They don't care about what the community wants. They only care about their bottom line and making more money.

Stank Meadows uses the same tactic. If the town doesn't do what they want, they bring them to court. Sad.

Edited by all seeing eye (11/14/18 04:04 PM)

#1520569 --- 11/14/18 08:40 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
AH, did you two just figure all this out ?

#1520585 --- 11/15/18 07:41 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
Seneca Falls Town Board met for a special session - Pretty obvious Greg & Lou are agreement on everything. Do you think they talk outside the meeting? I never met Doug, however I agree on his thoughts on the IT Position & the attorney. And Lou's argument about law firms doing hand offs to others; how does it differ from what Foster does now. I still don't understand why we hire from outside the town. At least stay in the county. A YES vote on the budget was the right vote. It shows MOST believe Seneca Meadows is not "A Good Neighbor."

#1520586 --- 11/15/18 08:34 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Raising taxes at the pace they are going shows that they can't manage the situation.

#1520601 --- Yesterday at 12:08 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Lee Alias]
scwoodchuck Offline

explain just how you would force someone to take the job as town attorney ? Keep in mind that the Seneca Falls Environmental Action Committee wanted the last town attorney to resign. Must be you people in Seneca Falls think the town attorney can change the law. Wouldn't it be a good idea to find replacements for the IT and attorney BEFORE you eliminate them ? Wouldn't a part time attorney " HAND OFF " more than a full time attorney ? This is pure politics. Obviously you think the supervisor shouldn't talk to the deputy supervisor, WOW !

#1520602 --- Yesterday at 12:13 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Raising taxes at the pace they are going shows that they can't manage the situation.
Why do you think they dissolved the village ? The situation hasn't been MANAGED in decades and the State is going to manage it for you if something isn't done soon.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4