FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1519848 --- 10/01/18 05:40 PM Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows

Published: 10/01/2018 @ 01:00 pm | Updated: 10/01/2018 @ 03:02 pm

FingerLakes1 News

Is it time for a new deal in Seneca Falls?

Documents purporting to be the outline of a new host agreement between the Town of Seneca Falls and Seneca Meadows Landfill show major changes from the 2007 agreement currently in place.

It assumes the passing of a new local law, which would keep Seneca Meadows operating through the end of 2037.

In the agreement, the Town would receive $3.5 million upon adoption. The new agreement would have payments of no less than $5 million annually coming to the Town, which would match a 5.5 percent share of the landfill’s gross revenues.

If the Town’s 5.5 percent share of gross revenues exceeds $5 million, then a secondary payment would have to be made to the Town at the start of the following year.

The agreement would increase the 5.5 percent marker to 6 percent in 2022; and then 6.25 percent in 2025. By 2028, the baseline annual payment would hit 6.5 percent of gross revenues. These percentages would work as a baseline in the new agreement.

The Town would also be compensated by Seneca Meadows, up to $100,000 for legal and engineering fees caused by landfill-operation related issues.

The agreement sets a closure date for 2037, at which point the landfill says it would stop accepting solid waste. It also notes that DEC permit requests would be limited to the timeline between present day and 2037.

Another major change in the agreement would be the promise to ‘not challenge’ a new local law, which would replace the one passed by the Town Board in 2016 – setting closure of the landfill on December 31, 2025.

The new local law would use the updated host agreement as its guideline, and assume a closure date of 2037.

The host agreement also promises that the current Town Board will not oppose infilling operations south of Salcman Road. This is the site of the former Tantalo landfill.

Officials have not commented on the document’s authenticity, and denied the possibility that the item would be on Tuesday’s agenda.

READ THE DOCS

Edited by all seeing eye (10/01/18 05:52 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1519850 --- 10/01/18 06:04 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

Is this an irrevocable Contract? If the present board gets voted out, I hope it can be reversed.

#1519851 --- 10/01/18 08:47 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

Originally Posted By: Gdog
Is this an irrevocable Contract? If the present board gets voted out, I hope it can be reversed.

The present board would have to adopt it, first. And, if they do, I don't think it can be reversed.

It appears that the board as a whole never authorized a settlement and were surprised last week. Sounds like approval may be iffy:

LANDFILL MAKES OFFER THEY CAN’T REFUSE — OR CAN THEY? Seneca Meadows Sweetens the Pot to Buy 12 More Years of Life — Until 2037

"But the three other members of the five-member board — Vittorio “Vic” Porretta, Douglas Avery and Dave DeLelys — have staunchly supported Local Law 3, which set the December 2025 closing date.

Porretta voted for the law when it was enacted in 2016. Avery and DeLelys won elections last November after running campaigns that stressed their support for the controversial law.LandfillREADY

In interviews today, all three voiced skepticism of the landfill’s proposal to push back the mandatory closing date by 12 years.

“I don’t like it,” DeLeLys said. “That’s too far out….It will be a ‘no’ vote tomorrow.”

Avery said that he understood supporters of the deal had lobbied DeLelys and Porretta but hadn’t actively courted his vote. “They just know I’m a hopeless case,” Avery said.

Porretta said he was carefully studying the proposal, but leaning against giving it his support. “My stance is what it has been in the past,” he said. “I don’t anticipate changing my view,” he said. "

Full article at:

Waterfrontonline.blog

#1519852 --- 10/01/18 11:00 PM SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

#1519853 --- 10/01/18 11:50 PM Re: SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

And money prevails, Not environment, people, or the future. Good job!!!

#1519869 --- 10/02/18 04:42 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.
Opposing board members speak out

Regarding the updated deal, Councilor David DeLelys told Peter Mantius, of the Water Front, "I don't like it. That's too far out ... It will be a 'no' vote [tonight]."

Councilor Vic Porretta was also courted for a 'yay' vote at tonight's meeting. But told Mantius that he was 'leaning against' supporting it. "My stance is what it has bee in the past. I don't anticipate changing my view."

Councilor Doug Avery, who has been loudly opposed to Seneca Meadows says officials did not attempt to win over his vote.

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/02/seneca-falls-town-board-october-2018/

#1519870 --- 10/02/18 05:26 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

Host Agreement wiped from agenda

In a surprising move, Supervisor Lazzaro moved to remove all host agreement and SMI related items from the agenda; and without any fanfare it was seconded and unanimously approved.

Supervisor Lazzaro said that he was advised to do so by his attorney. The motion passed unanimously.

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/02/seneca-falls-town-board-october-2018/

#1519871 --- 10/02/18 05:49 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Festus]
all seeing eye Offline

Which attorney? Foster? Hou? Or a personal attorney?

#1519872 --- 10/02/18 05:53 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Which attorney? Foster? Hou? Or a personal attorney?

Probably a town attorney and probably because they don't want to get accused of any more SEQR violations.

#1519874 --- 10/02/18 06:30 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

He didn't have the votes to pass it.

#1519875 --- 10/02/18 06:47 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Festus]
all seeing eye Offline

Good answer. You are probably right.

#1519958 --- 10/08/18 08:52 PM Seneca Falls Town Board orders rigorous defense of Local Law 3, standing by 2025 closure of SMI [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

Seneca Falls Town Board orders rigorous defense of Local Law 3, standing by 2025 closure of SMI

A three-member majority of the Seneca Falls Town Board instructed town attorneys today to immediately begin a rigorous legal defense of Local Law 3, which requires Seneca Meadows Inc. landfill to close by December 2025...

Those same three — Douglas Avery, Vic Porretta and Dave DeLelys — insisted today that town attorneys turn their effort toward defending Local Law 3 rather than negotiating behind the scenes.

Seneca Meadows sued the town and its board last November, challenging the validity of Local Law 3, which Avery, Porretta and DeLelys support.

But the town has never filed a response brief to the landfill’s original complaint, and the case has been postponed five different times at the request of attorneys for both sides.

Town Attorney David Lee Foster and outside attorney David Hou of the Boylan Code law firm haven’t mounted any legal defense. Rather they have been working to structure a deal that could win a majority of board support, in keeping with the goals of Lazzaro, Ferrara and Kyle Black, the landfill’s manager.

In a Sept. 28 email, Hou shared with Foster last minute tweaks to the landfill’s plans and his hopes “we can get a majority.”

The message included the following: “Please take a look at my revision to section 2c, to ensure that it is in accord with your discussions with Kyle (Black, manager of Seneca Meadows). Assuming we can get a majority, I envision the process being…”

Avery, Porretta and DeLelys, who had been excluded from those negotiations, today instructed Foster to direct Hou to promptly launch a legal defense of Local Law 3. Avery said Lazzaro expressed objections to. Ferrara was not present.

“My concern is that (the legal defense) not be done in a half-hearted manner,” Avery said. “We are not interested in further commentary on this.”

The meeting was not public because it was limited to attorney-client matters

https://fingerlakes1.com/2018/10/08/sene...closure-of-smi/

#1519980 --- 10/11/18 05:26 AM Re: SUPERVISOR LAZZARO: Seneca Falls needs to ’embrace’ proposed deal with SMI [Re: Gdog]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: Gdog
And money prevails, Not environment, people, or the future. Good job!!!
If the town accepts the landfill's offer actually quite the opposite is true.

#1520105 --- 10/16/18 06:38 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Mr. Bruce Bonafiglia is fully against any future expansions. If he has spoke out before about this issue, I wasn't aware of it. This is a huge step in the right direction for the Waterloo and Seneca Falls area.

You can read his letter here:
https://ia801509.us.archive.org/22/items...-2018-10-05.pdf

#1520113 --- 10/17/18 07:14 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
His daughter has, many times ! BIG DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF HE IS SO CONCERNED WHY DOESN'T HE GET TOGETHER WITH LUTZ AND PAY THE TOWN NOT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE LANDFILL..

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/17/18 07:16 AM)

#1520114 --- 10/17/18 10:46 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
IF HE IS SO CONCERNED WHY DOESN'T HE GET TOGETHER WITH LUTZ AND PAY THE TOWN NOT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THE LANDFILL..

That sounds unethical.

Shows where your moral compass is pointed.

#1520129 --- 10/18/18 01:09 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: all seeing eye]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
I see the same losers are still trolling on this forum in support of their beloved trash heap. After all these years...

Sad.

#1520131 --- 10/18/18 07:03 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: hearallseeall]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall

That sounds unethical.

Does Bonadent receive a PILOT or other tax break and, if so, could that be what he's referring to when he says Bruce could pay additional money to offset lost landfill revenue?

#1520132 --- 10/18/18 07:32 AM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Hot Burrito]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Bonadent got HUGE TAX BREAKS.

#1520143 --- 10/18/18 06:48 PM Re: Town could vote on new host agreement with Seneca Meadows [Re: Hot Burrito]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall

That sounds unethical.

Does Bonadent receive a PILOT or other tax break and, if so, could that be what he's referring to when he says Bruce could pay additional money to offset lost landfill revenue?

That's not what he said or even hinted too.

Sounded like he meant Bruce should buy off the town board like the dump is doing with their 2 puppets. . .Lazzaro and DeLelys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >