FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1517917 --- 07/27/18 11:19 AM Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
New York Sewage Pollution Right to Know
UPDATED

Issued: 07-27-2018, 05:19:59
Affects: New York - Seneca - Seneca Falls

The Seneca Falls (T) WWTP, NY0033308 is issuing this notification.

Discharge location: 9.5 Seneca St, Seneca Falls, NY

Location details: Wastewater Plant Head works

Waterbody affected: Seneca/cayuga canal

Discharge description: Equalization tank leaks at base

Potentially impacted public areas: Fishing Area, Unknown - Seneca / cayuga canal

Discharge date and time: 07-26-2018 at 05:29:00

Discharge duration: on going estimated 24 hrs Hours Ongoing

Discharge reason: Weather Conditions - Equalization tank leaks

Steps taken to contain discharge: Draining Equalization tank

Volume/rate of discharge: 10 Gallons per Minute Estimated

Treated state of discharge: Untreated

Additional information:

For more information on the Sewage Pollution Right to Know Act visit SPRTK.

FingerLakes1.com
#1517940 --- 07/27/18 01:26 PM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: all seeing eye]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
2nd time in a month.....Uh, going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps someone a bit higher up the chain should be looking into and dealing with this....like yesterday.

#1517963 --- 07/27/18 04:09 PM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: DR. D]
all seeing eye Offline

Why isn't DEC doing anything? Seems to me this plant is a real problem.

It is actually the THIRD notice since June 21, a little over 5 weeks:

Issued: 07-02-2018, 17:35:12
Affects: New York - Seneca - Seneca falls

The Seneca Falls (T) WWTP, NY0033308 is issuing this notification.

Discharge location: 9.5 seneca, Seneca falls, NY

Location details: Wastewater Plant

Waterbody affected: Seneca cayuga canal

Discharge description: Plant bypass overflow outfall 002 caused by power outage and high flows

Potentially impacted public areas: Fishing Area, Other - Canal waterway

Discharge date and time: 07-02-2018 at 17:00:00

Discharge duration: On Going Hours Ongoing

Discharge reason: Power Outage, System Capacity, Weather Conditions - Heavy rain fall and wind causing power outage

Steps taken to contain discharge: arranging back up generator. awaited power to be restored

Volume/rate of discharge: 750 Gallons per Minute Estimated

Issued: 06-21-2018, 08:08:30
Affects: New York - Seneca - seneca falls

The Seneca Falls (T) WWTP NY0033308, NY0033308 is issuing this notification.

Discharge location: 0 water st, seneca falls, NY

Location details: corner

Waterbody affected: Canal

Discharge description: Broken low pressure sewer main 6" discharging to storm sewer

Potentially impacted public areas: Boat Launch, Fishing Area, Unknown - Rec Center

Discharge date and time: 06-21-2018 at 08:00:08

Discharge duration: ? Hours

Discharge reason: Pipe Break - Broken forced sewer main

Steps taken to contain discharge: excavating and repair

Volume/rate of discharge: 10 Gallons per Minute Estimated

Edited by all seeing eye (07/27/18 04:18 PM)

#1517997 --- 07/28/18 06:46 AM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: DR. D
2nd time in a month.....Uh, going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps someone a bit higher up the chain should be looking into and dealing with this....like yesterday.
Blame the former village officials. A former mayor actually admitted negligence on his part at a meeting a couple of years ago. That's why the town supervisor changed his position on the landfill. The town is going to need landfill money way beyond 2025 to fix all the things that were neglected for decades.

#1518005 --- 07/28/18 08:44 AM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Wow, this is one of your best. The Village was dissolved in 2012....how long do you think they should be blamed for problems? I think after 6 years the Town should have some solutions.

And you twisted it to support the dump.

Bravo!

(PS, Seneca Falls apparently isn't concerned about DEC coming in and imposing corrective action on a problem that is actually polluting, so why is the County concerned about a problem to meet future discharge standards?)

(PS Dump money cannot be used to repair sewage plants, that has to be paid for by the users.)

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Originally Posted By: DR. D
Blame the former village officials. A former mayor actually admitted negligence on his part at a meeting a couple of years ago. That's why the town supervisor changed his position on the landfill. The town is going to need landfill money way beyond 2025 to fix all the things that were neglected for decades.

#1518045 --- 07/29/18 04:28 PM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Are you kidding ? This town board has only been in control for 2-1/2 years and had to pay for that stupid town office. There are no restrictions on how landfill money can be used unless there is a local law. Fixing the sewage treatment plant has been talked about for at least 15 yeah as I recall.

#1518053 --- 07/29/18 08:12 PM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Actually, what the State Law says is that sewer districts have to be paid for by the "benefited users," in other words, the funding has to come from district customers. You can't use other money. Especially money from a host agreement designed to benefit the entire town, not just those in the sewer district.

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Are you kidding ? This town board has only been in control for 2-1/2 years and had to pay for that stupid town office. There are no restrictions on how landfill money can be used unless there is a local law. Fixing the sewage treatment plant has been talked about for at least 15 yeah as I recall.

#1518065 --- 07/30/18 08:00 AM Re: Sewage Overflow Seneca Falls WWTP into the Canal and fishing are [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

WRONG !