FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1519118 --- 08/18/18 09:42 AM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
You're still making stuff up as you go along. Why would he be required to train anyone ? Doesn't the county have an engineer ? Doesn't the Village of Waterloo maintain the water lines now ? Don't the towns work together on water and sewer ? You sure don't know how things work !! Does your mommy still help you dress ?

FingerLakes1.com
#1519119 --- 08/18/18 10:20 AM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: scwoodchuck]
Gdog Offline

Well, This is fact! the cost of a new service is $1500. Why would you have to locate anything. You are paying for a tap from the water main to your property. Get real. Look for a hydrant. Go to the new Rt. 89 water district in Varick. They have very few hydrants along that new water system.

#1519128 --- 08/18/18 02:23 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: Gdog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Aren't we brilliant, hydrants have to be a certain distance apart if you find 2 there is most likely a pipe in between.

Fire hydrants shall be provided for detached one- and two-family dwellings in accordance with both of the following: (1) The maximum distance to a fire hydrant from the closest point on the building shall not exceed 600 ft (122183 m). (2) The maximum distance between fire hydrants shall not exceed 800 ft (244 m).
NFPA 1 Fire Code

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/18/18 02:27 PM)

#1519132 --- 08/18/18 02:58 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Aren't we brilliant, hydrants have to be a certain distance apart if you find 2 there is most likely a pipe in between.

Fire hydrants shall be provided for detached one- and two-family dwellings in accordance with both of the following: (1) The maximum distance to a fire hydrant from the closest point on the building shall not exceed 600 ft (122183 m). (2) The maximum distance between fire hydrants shall not exceed 800 ft (244 m).
NFPA 1 Fire Code
BUT, it is Varick

#1519139 --- 08/18/18 04:39 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Online   content

Loc: Seneca Lake
The water lines that go through Kendaia were installed by the Army to supply water to the Depot from the lake pump station.

Why would you think the ARMY would install hydrants, especially to serve buildings on non Army property? Or follow a VOLUNTARY Fire Code?

I think you will find that in most rural districts, hydrants are few and far between and I doubt there are hydrants in Kendaia.

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

NFPA 1 Fire Code

#1519141 --- 08/18/18 04:59 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

there are hydrants in a few spots on the transmission line for flushing purposes. But there are also 3 abandon water transmission line in the same area. There are still hydrants that are abandon and out of service the government never removed. I know the facts.

#1519142 --- 08/18/18 05:47 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Online   content

Loc: Seneca Lake
much better explanation than mine.

#1519143 --- 08/18/18 06:03 PM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Well we all know the Army is fire proof, with all the tons of fuel and explosives laying around and trucks and trains going in and out they couldn't experience a brush fire. I suppose the Army would never feel it was necessary to be prepared.
Voluntary ? Oh OK.
https://www.dos.ny.gov/dcea/

I would think abandoned hydrants would have to be marked as such.
But it is Varick

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/18/18 06:08 PM)

#1519149 --- 08/19/18 01:04 AM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

Lets look at the nuts and bolts of this department. When the County Engineer ran the water and sewer, He had to take and pass a civil service exam to hold that position. Which he did do. The County water/sewer maintenance supervisor also was required to take and pass a civil service exam to hold that position. WHY do the current employees in this department not required to take and pass these exams??? The answer is easy, THEY CAN PASS THEM!!!This is the crooked politics in Seneca County Government!!

#1519150 --- 08/19/18 07:43 AM Re: Heads Up, Seneca County Sewer District #1 and #2 Customers [Re: Gdog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Gdog
Lets look at the nuts and bolts of this department. When the County Engineer ran the water and sewer, He had to take and pass a civil service exam to hold that position. Which he did do. The County water/sewer maintenance supervisor also was required to take and pass a civil service exam to hold that position. WHY do the current employees in this department not required to take and pass these exams??? The answer is easy, THEY CAN PASS THEM!!!This is the crooked politics in Seneca County Government!!
What ? I think you need to stop posting at 1am.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5