FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1512430 --- 01/14/18 04:32 AM Re: Fake News [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
One of the biggest cost saving measures here in education is sports. Example, if you want your kid to play soccer it costs you $6,000 and you get them to where they need to go and back on your own dime.
OMG. Really? Is that true of other high school sports like football or basketball too? So only kids from upper middle class families get to play sports?

FingerLakes1.com
#1512431 --- 01/14/18 06:44 AM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
Fake news, every school district's has a spending budget which includes items as sports and other extracurricular activities like musical band, field trips, skiing etc. You're absolutely correct that only upper middle class could afford said school district if this were the actual scenario. There's a possibility that his narrow mindset would only make "certain" kids qualified for such an affair. Let's also remember that Tennessee has one of the poorest schools in regard to SAT grades and graduation rates.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

#1512433 --- 01/14/18 12:00 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
Originally Posted By: kyle585
One of the biggest cost saving measures here in education is sports. Example, if you want your kid to play soccer it costs you $6,000 and you get them to where they need to go and back on your own dime.
OMG. Really? Is that true of other high school sports like football or basketball too? So only kids from upper middle class families get to play sports?
Well it appears that the schools join the Secondary Schools Sports Association and the association runs the programs and it includes all sports. http://tssaa.org/ It is not tax funded. One of the main requirements is that students have to have good grades. There may be ways to cover funding for poor families but I know what my next door neighbor pays.

Yes 10% appears to be a lot but it’s only 2 cents on the dollar more than New York and much less than the $4,000 a year in school taxes I was paying.

#1512434 --- 01/14/18 12:24 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I just know that I can buy three packs of my pipe tobacco for less than it used to cost to buy one.
TN grows tobacco so the tax is less on this disgusting cancer-causing product.

#1512438 --- 01/14/18 02:51 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Former: The wall will pay for itself in reduced costs of welfare, education and crime all of which were increased under Obama along with a ten trillion dollar debt.

There are several ways to recoup the money from Mexico. Raise tariffs which may result in Mexico removing 101 billion in tax benefits to foreign investors and make them reconsider relocating back, tax the 25 billion a year being wired back to Mexico by taxing wire transfers, levying a "border adjustment" tax. Imports would be taxed but not exports. A 20% tax, given the $60bn trade deficit with Mexico, would raise $12bn a year. Mexico could do little, the Washington Post reports, because border adjustments would apply to all US trading partners and would not therefore be seen as a singling out Mexico. Increasing travel visa and border crossing fees targeting countries that have a bad record on illegal immigration, including Mexico, for higher visa fees with increasing the fees on cars and individual people crossing the border it would raise revenue.

Of course most of these possibilities would require the cooperation of Congress and the media hoopla about the wall fails to recognize that it was a Democrat Congress which first voted to build it.

Wow! Where to Start??? shocked

This has to be one of the silliest, least nuanced collection of inaccuracies you've ever had the nerve to post.

Over 70% of the debt increase under Obama was the direct result of W's unfunded, illegal wars ( 5 trillion $ MINIMUM) and tax breaks to the wealthy (3.5 Trillion $). Another 8% was already earmarked and committed through previous legislation that would have actually increased the debt even further, had they been suspended. The violent crime rate has actually decrease or remained virtually unchanged during his tenure in office. Most detailed estimates report a decrease of violent crime of around 16%.

The "wire transfers" to Mexico that you single out are only the tiniest fraction of a percent when compared to that of corporate tax subsidies, shell-games and overseas tax havens for the super wealthy. Border "adjustment" fees would not only set off worldwide retaliation, but would realize very small returns.

Mexico's Trade deficit with the US is actually immensely beneficial to the US. In fact, as with all national trade, the wealthier they become, the more they buy from the US.

And you want to start an all but certain trade war.
eek

Perhaps Republicans lawmakers shouldn't have secretively stripped Clinton's Extensive Fair-Trade Protections from NAFTA at the last hour. smirk

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...rder-wall-2006/
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-08/trade-deficit-with-mexico-is-good-for-amer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...f8e62f113d65ica
https://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/obamas-numbers-october-2016-update/
https://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510491692/the-america-donald-trump-is-inheriting-by-the-numbers
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ddle-east-wars/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_tax_cuts

Nice going, Richie. Once again you've proven that you've never met a "fact" that you couldn't mangle to fit some contemptible narrative.

#1512440 --- 01/14/18 03:24 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Formermac]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Hello Sparky: I see Ashland got cited by the FDA back in 2014 the year after I sold my tree farm and moved. I wasn’t aware that they sold it though. It’s humorous that you haven’t got a clue.

#1512444 --- 01/14/18 06:47 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Timbo, where to start? I see how wars started under Bush are considered Bush’s fault but after Obama got elected partly to slow things down he actually attacked three more countries than bush did plus continued the Bush wars. After eight years under Obama continuing past policy, that can hardly be described as a Bush fault. No, they were Obama wars. Obama gunrunning weapons to the enemy didn’t help any.

https://www.poynter.org/news/fact-checking-war-comparisons-between-obama-and-bush

The New Madrid fault line in Tennessee is about as close to what one could refer to as Bush’s fault.

Corporation breaks are a point to note. Several were bailed out but not all were successful. A half a billion or $535 million to Solyndra in taxpayer money down the tubes after they gave a generous donation to Obama’s campaign. President Obama lied when defending his administration’s approval of a $535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra, a now-defunct solar company. Obama referred to Solyndra’s loan at an Oct. 6 press conference as “a loan guarantee program that predates me.” That’s not accurate. It’s true that the Energy Policy Act of 2005 created a loan guarantee program for clean-energy companies developing “innovative technologies.” But Solyndra’s loan guarantee came under another program created by the president Obama’s 2009 stimulus for companies developing “commercially available technologies.”

The feds lost $11.2 billion in the GMC bailout.

Obama’s regulations cost corporations $488 Billion and the feds spent $93 Billion enforcing their own regs.

Yes, corporations get tax breaks and the maximum was lowered, but the GOP had originally intended to abolish the AMT. But on Friday, with the clock running out — and money running short — Senate Republicans put the AMT back into their bill. Unfortunately for McConnell, they forgot to lower the AMT after doing so.

This is a big problem. The Senate bill brings the normal corporate rate down to 20 percent — while leaving the alternative minimum rate at … 20 percent. The legislation would still allow corporations to claim a wide variety of tax credits and deductions — it just renders all them completely worthless. Companies can either take no deductions, and pay a 20 percent rate — or take lots of deductions … and pay a 20 percent rate.

With this blunder, Senate Republicans have achieved the unthinkable: They’ve written a giant corporate tax cut that many of their corporate donors do not like. As The Wall Street Journal reports:

Then there was Moochelle’s friend who spent half a billion dollars err 400 million creating an Obamacare web site that didn’t work.

$105 million in Obama’s travel costs

I agree the crime rate has decreased consecutively for many years coinciding with record gun sales. However illegal immigrants who comprise only 3.5 percent of our nation’s population, are convicted and sentenced for the crime of murder at a rate of three times that of their American citizen and legal immigrant counterparts.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/cr...anctuary-cities
Cost to incarcerate in federal prison those caught is $1.2 Billion which does not include the justice system costs.

Total government expenditures on illegal immigration: $134.9 billion per year
Total federal costs: $45.9 billion
&#9679; Education costs: $1.7 billion
&#9679; Medical costs: $17.1 billion
&#9679; Justice system costs: $13.1 billion
&#9679; Welfare programs: $5.9 billion
&#9679; General expenditures: $8.1 billion
Total state and local costs: $89 billion
&#9679; Education costs: $44.4 billion
&#9679; Medical costs: $12.2 billion
&#9679; Justice system costs: $10.9 billion
&#9679; Welfare costs: $2.9 billion
&#9679; General expenditures: $18.6
Cost to educate illegal aliens is $5.4 Billion a year
A billion here and a billion there and pretty soon you’re talking about real money.

The only positive thing Obama ever did was the cash for clunkers because it got so many Obama bumper stickers off the road.

Yes, the wall will pay for itself.

#1512449 --- 01/14/18 09:55 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Hello Sparky: I see Ashland got cited by the FDA back in 2014 the year after I sold my tree farm and moved. I wasn’t aware that they sold it though. It’s humorous that you haven’t got a clue.

Funny how you must have lost sleep over a supposed fake notification
I have only to look up past invoices son to make a serious liar out of you but lets be fair, 2014 as you've noted is past my need to play cat and mouse with you, so continue to keep up the charade, I'm retired and moved on.....how about you?????? As you've stated, it is very humorous to observe someone that claims fake new and no clue but display a serious need to vindicate themselves. wink

#1512467 --- 01/15/18 06:32 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Formermac]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

I have nothing to vindicate. Your own fake posts are as clueless as the fake news as you follow my cousin. At least you’re on the right thread.

#1512469 --- 01/15/18 08:08 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, if it's your "cousin" , then you have nothing to speak of, so why the response son? More accurately, it appears that you're the "clueless" individual to keep up the bantering when previously warned of your infraction.Sound just like Trump when caught read handed.....deny...deny...deny.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politics/donald-trump-dick-durbin-oval-office-meeting/index.html

#1516310 --- 07/03/18 01:58 PM Re: Fake News [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

DavKat and 36 others follow

Barrack Obama &#9676;
&#8207;

@ObamaHitsBack
20h20 hours ago
More Barrack Obama &#9676; Retweeted Indivisible Network
I wish @MichelleObama would look at me like @mike_pence looks at @realDonaldTrump.

Just kidding. She does.

But seriously, Mike may need to think about getting some gay therapy
.Barrack Obama &#9676; added,

0:59
Indivisible Network

@IndivisibleNet
Thinking someone is in love? &#10084;&#65039;

18 replies 39 retweets 217 likes
Reply 18 Retweet 39 Liked 217 Direct message

#1516311 --- 07/03/18 02:00 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Lee in Iowa Retweeted

Sean
&#8207;
@ThePsion5
39m39 minutes ago
More
My dearest Clara,

We engaged one of the Incel divisions today. Combat was fierce at first, but an assault consisting entirely of women frightened them so much as to be immediately routed. We are running low on kale and carbon-neutral wine. Please send more #SecondCivilWarLetters

#1516312 --- 07/03/18 02:02 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

&#5261;E&#5511;&#5397;EY&#5205;&#5511;&#5609;IG Retweeted

Sam Bova
&#8207;

@sam_bova
2h2 hours ago
More
Dear Mom and dad,

The war is going well. The MAGA’s launched a barrage of red hats at us yesterday, but we retaliated by making them read books. They’ve created an image of strength but are very weak. We will win.

Send my love to Roscoe.

Love,
Sam

#SecondCivilWarLetters

#1516416 --- 07/05/18 08:20 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Christine Clauser liked

Kurt Eichenwald
&#8207;
Verified account

@kurteichenwald
9m9 minutes ago
More
As long as Trump is attacking anonymous sources: he was also one of mine - as with most biz reporters. But I was taught by my editor that when trump said “off the record” it meant “I’m gonna start lying now.” So I never used anything he said anonymously without 2 more sources.

#1516417 --- 07/05/18 08:23 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

EMRegan AuntyKarma liked

Dr. DaShanne Stokes
&#8207;
Verified account

@DaShanneStokes
8m8 minutes ago
More
It speaks volumes that Bill Shine, accused of covering up sexual harassment at Fox News, will now lead the communications team of an admitted sexual predator who has silenced women.

#resist #trump #billshine #metoo #StormyDaniels

#1516487 --- 07/07/18 08:59 PM Re: Fake News [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

But But Trump just said the world now loves America again. What a joker he is.

(((DuneMyThang™))) Retweeted

Kyle Griffin
&#8207;
Verified account

@kylegriffin1
2h2 hours ago
More
Magid Magid, a British-Somali activist and the Lord Mayor of Sheffield, says he's banning Trump from his city.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4