FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1516325 --- 07/03/18 04:51 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
[quote=all seeing eye]

PS, how's the daycare coming? When will it open?[Quote]

the application is still being reviewed by the State

FingerLakes1.com
#1516327 --- 07/03/18 09:54 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Keep us posted.

PS who is applying? The county? Del Lago?

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
[quote=all seeing eye]

PS, how's the daycare coming? When will it open?[Quote]

#1516333 --- 07/04/18 07:31 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Quit trying to change the subject :-P

#1516340 --- 07/04/18 10:46 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

I heard that the water district owes Varick over $80,000 in back water bills. I also heard the district cant even make payroll. This is a self supporting entity. or not???

#1516348 --- 07/04/18 05:30 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: Gdog]
scwoodchuck Offline

OR does Varick owe the water district $80,000

#1516351 --- 07/04/18 06:36 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

I don't begin to understand the whole thing with Varick, but according to the Finger Lakes Times:

Supervisors approve compromise settlement of water billing dispute with Varick

By DAVID L. SHAW dshaw@fltimes.com Feb 15, 2018 0

WATERLOO — The town of Varick believes Seneca County Water District No. 1 owes the town-run Seneca Lake Water District $107,648 for the purchase of water.

The Board of Supervisors believes that actual amount owed is $71,789.

The board voted 9-3 Tuesday to offer Varick the $71,789 in hope that town officials will accept it and end the dispute.

The Seneca Lake Water District sells water it buys from the village of Waterloo to the county water district, which serves parts of the south end of the county. The cost is supposed to be determined by a meter. But that meter malfunctioned in 2016, leading to the dispute for water sales for the period of July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017.

The agreement would provide the $71,789 with these conditions:

• The new, calibrated water meter now in use will be used to monitor water usage by the county district from Aug. 8, 2017, to Aug. 16, 2018.

• The daily average of water usage that resulted from that period would be used for the period of Dec. 31, 2015, through June 30, 2017, to determine whether any additional amounts are due the Seneca Lake Water District by the county water district.

• The parties agree to accept the results and waive any right that they may have to seek further compensation resulting from any claim that the meter malfunctioned between 2015 and 2017.

• The Varick Town Board, the governing board of the Seneca Lake Water District, will rescind its resolution demanding additional compensation under threat of an increase in water rates and agrees to subject any further increases to the procedure specific to the existing contract between the two districts.

“The amount the county owes could be adjusted after a year of monitoring with the new meter,” said County Manager John Sheppard.

The motion now goes to the Varick Town Board for approval.

Voting for the offer were board members Don Trout, Michael Reynolds, Greg Lazzaro, Cindy Lorenzetti, Ernest Brownell, Lisa Hochadel, Walt Prouty, David Kaiser and Ralph Lott.

Opposed were Lee Davidson, Ronald McGreevy and Bob Shipley. Board members Bob Hayssen and Paul Kronenwetter were absent.

Based on the above, the dispute is over July 2016 through June 2017 and should be resolved shortly, and the dispute may have been the cause of the recent fee increase to the County Water District customers.

Why the county would not be paying Varick for water currently is a mystery.

Wow, can't make payroll? One of the supervisors said at the last Board meeting that no income had been posted for the year to date. That may explain it.

Originally Posted By: Gdog
I heard that the water district owes Varick over $80,000 in back water bills. I also heard the district cant even make payroll. This is a self supporting entity. or not???

#1516353 --- 07/04/18 08:36 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

I'm going to assume sewer district 2 is footing the payroll, This is total mismanagement. Water district is in shambles, Sewer 1 is broke and is in need of major improvements. I hope someone is gonna finally say enough is enough!!!

Edited by Gdog (07/04/18 08:46 PM)

#1516355 --- 07/04/18 10:42 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

And who do you think that would do that?

Our only hope is the state as the County BOS and government apparently don't care.

I'm going to assume sewer district 2 is footing the payroll, This is total mismanagement. Water district is in shambles, Sewer 1 is broke and is in need of major improvements. I hope someone is gonna finally say enough is enough!!!

Edited by all seeing eye (07/04/18 10:44 PM)

#1516360 --- 07/05/18 07:01 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

The state is just going to tell the county to "FIX IT !!! "
Besides who is going to believe Varick's accounting after the issue with the town court :-)

Edited by scwoodchuck (07/05/18 07:12 AM)

#1516362 --- 07/05/18 08:36 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

I would hope a supervisor would finally see the train is off the track.

#1516365 --- 07/05/18 08:51 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

I don't think so. The County Manager proposed about $200,000 in repairs for the STATE OWNED FIVE POINTS SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT. The state wasn't even told it had been done.

And the BOS approved it. Never noticed.

#1516367 --- 07/05/18 09:04 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

And the master plan is to close sewer 2 and pump all the sewer to Willard? Who is getting the kickback from the engineers doing all the work?

#1516368 --- 07/05/18 09:29 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
MCK Offline

Loc: SF
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Keep us posted.

PS who is applying? The county? Del Lago?

[quote=scwoodchuck][quote=all seeing eye]

PS, how's the daycare coming? When will it open?
Quote:

Obviously neither of you know the story of what's happening/ happened with the day care or any idea who's running it. I don't know the back story with the two of you, nor do I care, but it's scheduled for September and being run by a licensed day care provider.

Edited by MCK (07/05/18 09:56 AM)

#1516374 --- 07/05/18 10:41 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: MCK]
all seeing eye Offline

Doesn't the BOS have to approve the deal? When is it going on the agenda? Obviously it will be good to rent out the space and get income.

Originally Posted By: MCK

Obviously neither of you know the story of what's happening/ happened with the day care or any idea who's running it. I don't know the back story with the two of you, nor do I care, but it's scheduled for September and being run by a licensed day care provider.

#1516375 --- 07/05/18 10:59 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

I don't think so. The County Manager proposed about $200,000 in repairs for the STATE OWNED FIVE POINTS SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT. The state wasn't even told it had been done.

And the BOS approved it. Never noticed

But didn't the DEC tell them they were in violation ?

Edited by scwoodchuck (07/05/18 11:00 AM)

#1516376 --- 07/05/18 11:04 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Doesn't the BOS have to approve the deal? When is it going on the agenda? Obviously it will be good to rent out the space and get income.

Originally Posted By: MCK

that's ok you don't have to admit that you we're wrong. Everyone knows that you are always wrong because you try to twist everything against the county manager.

#1516377 --- 07/05/18 11:33 AM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

The State owns the plant, if repairs were required by the DEC, then the State should have paid for them. In fact, if other upgrades are needed at that plant to meet DEC requirements, then the State would have to pay for them.

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

And the BOS approved it. Never noticed

But didn't the DEC tell them they were in violation ?

#1516378 --- 07/05/18 12:51 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Gdog Offline

I think the district set a precedent by paying for all repairs and upgrades from when it was turned over to the County district(town of Romulus) then.

#1516384 --- 07/05/18 01:41 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: all seeing eye]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.

#1516403 --- 07/05/18 04:12 PM Re: ‘A SAD DAY’: Director Taylor on ‘paid leave’ in Seneca County, BOS members react [Re: Gdog]
all seeing eye Offline

Actually, that is not true. Capital projects, including the repairs of the after a welder caused a huge fire, are engineered and paid for by New York State.

I think the district set a precedent by paying for all repairs and upgrades from when it was turned over to the County district(town of Romulus) then.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >