FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1517466 --- 07/22/18 07:16 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
rock 963 Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
I think there should be meet and greets just like what's being done for the police chief candidate. Mike Passalacqua is the candidate who's been promoted from "within," isn't Sage a candidate from "within"? People were up in arms that the proper procedure wasn't being followed for the chief selection process, are we certain the proper procedure is being followed for the next city manager? Why are these candidates not going through the same process as Mike? If people are so concerned for the future of Geneva, why aren't they having these candidates go out and talk with the people they could potentially be serving? Pretty hypocritical in my opinion. I like Sage and would have no issue with her being the next city manager, but what's fair is fair.

FingerLakes1.com
#1517467 --- 07/22/18 08:24 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: ruby2]
Geneva Believer Offline

Originally Posted By: ruby2
GB, What's the point of continuing to dog Rick Finn.  He's out of the running now in Geneva.  Let him go.

My sources tell me he's working in Watertown as their city manager.  Watertown took him on.  What's the point of your continuing to harass him.  He's not relevant anymore to Geneva's search.  Let him live his life.

Rick Finn was city council's top candidate for the job. I think that's disturbing and that city council needs to explain themselves. And people need to keep asking why the process resulted in Finn and Murphy in the top two.

The fact that you're trying to stick up for Rick Finn, but have never once even acknowledged his shortcomings in this thread, is quite telling.

It's weird that you accuse me of "continuing to harass" Rick Finn, considering that I've never harassed him.

#1517468 --- 07/22/18 09:03 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
ruby2 Offline

Oh, stop it man!   Im not sticking up for anybody. Im just saying let Finn live his life.  Your quarrel is with the city. 

My sources tell me Finn has defended himself very well against accusers.   Watertown has taken him on to serve their city.  Let it go.  Gnaw on the leg of the city if you must. But stop stalking this fellow.   It's nasty what you're doing.  He's gone from here.  Let it go.

That's enough of you for me today.  You are annoying in a sick and unproductive way.  You want to see this man hurt.  You're bad news.

#1517469 --- 07/22/18 09:42 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
FLaker Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
Initially, I shared concerns that other posters mentioned about what could be interpreted as biased one-sided coverage in Geneva Believer's blog.

After reading articles such as this, I am grateful these issues have been raised: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news0...p;template=mwdt

#1517479 --- 07/22/18 12:25 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: Geneva Believer]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: Geneva Believer
Originally Posted By: bluezone

are you saying that if a councilor releases CONFIDENTIAL information talked about in an executive session you do NOT consider that an ETHICS VIOLATION?

That would depend on the information released. If the information should not have been withheld from the public and discussed in executive session, I would not see it as an ethics violation. Also, if the information could cause harm to the city by being withheld, I wouldn't consider that an ethics violation either.

I hope this helps you to understand better.

it does help understand you better, you don't know anything about executive session, period. Unless you are playing your usual game of misleading the public.

#1517482 --- 07/22/18 01:17 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: ruby2]
Geneva Believer Offline

Oh, stop it man!   Im not sticking up for anybody. Im just saying let Finn live his life.  Your quarrel is with the city. 

My sources tell me Finn has defended himself very well against accusers.   Watertown has taken him on to serve their city.  Let it go.  Gnaw on the leg of the city if you must. But stop stalking this fellow.   It's nasty what you're doing.  He's gone from here.  Let it go.

That's enough of you for me today.  You are annoying in a sick and unproductive way.  You want to see this man hurt.  You're bad news.

I'll say it again in case you missed it the last time:

Rick Finn was city council's top candidate for the job. I think that's disturbing and that city council needs to explain themselves. And people need to keep asking why the process resulted in Finn and Murphy in the top two.

#1517483 --- 07/22/18 01:18 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Geneva Believer Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
it does help understand you better, you don't know anything about executive session, period. Unless you are playing your usual game of misleading the public.

Can you be specific and tell me what I'm missing regarding executive session?

#1517540 --- 07/23/18 10:09 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
NYtoFL Offline

Loc: Ontario,NY
Questions:

How does anyone know who the "frontrunners" are?
What specifically has the one candidate done? Accused is different then proven.
Is the committee done with their work(interviews, etc.)?

#1517549 --- 07/23/18 12:13 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: Geneva Believer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
GB, You're exhausting!  I fear I've fallen into that bed of seaweed you live in.  I must go now if i hope to save myself from your relentless onslaught of almost-true, but really not-quite-true facts, accusations and taunts.  I have no more interest in this subject at present.  You have drained my blood of interest.

Ah, I see you're using the old "accuse the other person of half-truths and taunts and then feign disinterest when you find yourself losing ground in a debate" ploy.

Yeah, I think it's best you step away from this one now, but if you'd like to have an actual discussion, I'm always around.

Sadly, time and time again, this is Ruby's predictable go-to response when called upon to defend his/her own arguments. Ruby demands courtesy and respect, but can't be bothered to reciprocate.

An odd set of debate skill to be sure.

#1517558 --- 07/23/18 01:54 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
ruby2 Offline

Timbo, I take it you don't approve of me and my online ways?  Wishing perhaps I were more like you!    The guy was on a long self-absorbed babble fest, and was putting words in my mouth, things i didnt say.  I didnt feel the need to hop too and answer any question he put to me.  It wasn't about me really, he just wanted to get his thing out there and show some dominance ... a clever relevant man with sources.

That exchange between he and I speaks for itself.  Reread it if you dare and you will see.  I wish I could say I'm sorry I don't measure up to your standards, or expectations of me, but you also have your online ways, and you have never been a role model for me.  if you are disappointed in me, it is to be expected.

#1517584 --- 07/23/18 07:18 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
rock 963 Offline

Timbo is a douche who happens to know how to use a thesaurus. Careful you don't choke on those big words. Dink.

#1517589 --- 07/24/18 02:18 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: ruby2]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Timbo, I take it you don't approve of me and my online ways?  Wishing perhaps I were more like you!    The guy was on a long self-absorbed babble fest, and was putting words in my mouth, things i didnt say.  I didnt feel the need to hop too and answer any question he put to me.  It wasn't about me really, he just wanted to get his thing out there and show some dominance ... a clever relevant man with sources.

That exchange between he and I speaks for itself.  Reread it if you dare and you will see.  I wish I could say I'm sorry I don't measure up to your standards, or expectations of me, but you also have your online ways, and you have never been a role model for me.  if you are disappointed in me, it is to be expected.

Don't give me that crap. You were asked a simple question to bolster your argument. You bolted the debate when confronted by a perfectly legitimate question concerning your position.

You are a fraud and hypocrite. End of debate.

#1517590 --- 07/24/18 02:23 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: rock 963]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: rock 963
Timbo is a douche who happens to know how to use a thesaurus. Careful you don't choke on those big words. Dink.

Ah yes, the classic "berate someone for knowing more than I do" maneuver.

Simply brilliant!
crazy crazy crazy

#1517591 --- 07/24/18 02:30 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: Geneva Believer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

Can you be specific and tell me what I'm missing regarding executive session?

Wont happen, because like bluezone and ruby, the woodchuck never holds himself to the same standard of debate accountability that he demands of those he engages.

Feckless debate cowards all.

#1517609 --- 07/24/18 06:21 AM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: justacitizen]
rock 963 Offline

You just sound like a tool is all. What was your high school superlative, "best online debator in a dying online forum discussing the goings on of a small city?" You've really carved a niché for yourself. Grow up man.

#1517703 --- 07/24/18 09:29 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: rock 963]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: rock 963
You just sound like a tool is all. What was your high school superlative, "best online debator in a dying online forum discussing the goings on of a small city?" You've really carved a niché for yourself. Grow up man.

As compared to what... posting in a dying discussion forum, baseless ad-hominem attacks in absence of an actual argument?

God, I love situational irony!
grin

#1517706 --- 07/24/18 09:41 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: pingu]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: pingu
Thank you for your reply. It speaks volumes.

Would you please elaborate?

#1517707 --- 07/24/18 09:43 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: pingu]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo

The fact that someone has people 'campaigning' for them is completely irrelevant to their qualifications. If you have an issue with lack of transparency, then someone 'leaking' information seems the perfect antidote.
wink

Originally Posted By: pingu
This isn't campaigning at all.

See Irony Punctuation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

#1517708 --- 07/24/18 09:54 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: loyal]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: loyal
I believe each council member recommended people in their district to be on the selection committee. They then worked with their ideas. I would hope that they do not vote on how they feel but on the input they have received from the committee and their constituents.

And what better way for a constituent to express their opinions on the subject than to create a popular blog in which to draw the most attention to the subject?

Kudos G.B.!

#1517709 --- 07/24/18 10:01 PM Re: Who's in Charge here??? [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
Then you should be upset at the complete lack of transparency in the city manager search process. City officials claimed that they were using the same process they used in 2009 to select Matt Horn, but that turned out to be a lie.

did the process in 2009 release the names of the candidates prior to any selection?

As was already pointed out, there was a clear deception. Any
alleged 'issue' of the release of candidates names is ultimately immaterial.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >