FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 149 of 185 < 1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 184 185 >
Topic Options
#1535026 --- 10/18/19 07:17 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/world/middleeast/trump-erdogan-turkey-syria-kurds.html

Yet quite successful on the house side.
A stern warning to say the least, remember as well son if we do come down to impeachment, Trump's only safe haven is a few Republican hold outs in the Senate and I'll say, those overwhelming number from both sides can make a man very nervous..

FingerLakes1.com
#1535027 --- 10/18/19 07:25 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Lets see
Quid Pro and leaving the Kurd defenseless is enough to not worry about a Senate's inability to vote against admonishing Trump, he has enough going against him to wreck any credibility for re election...well...with the exception of the 30 percentage who will suffer embarrassment and defeat immensely when it's all said and done.

Tell you what son, instead of focusing on Trump's defense, list the accomplishments he's carried out since in office, that alone should be enough to garner him a win without the benefit of stealing another race by means of cheating.

#1535028 --- 10/18/19 07:36 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Chuck Schumer's bid to rebuke Trump over Syria fails in Senate
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, October 17, 2019

Senators fought Thursday over how to try to patch up the mess in Syria, but it quickly became clear that beyond being frustrated with President Trump, there’s little unity on what, exactly, the U.S. should do.

Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, tried to force a symbolic rebuke of Mr. Trump, saying it would send a signal that might make the president reverse his decisions and send U.S. troops back in, but that was blocked by Sen. Rand Paul.

The Kentucky Republican said not only has Congress never authorized going to war in Syria, but sending troops back would mean putting them in between Turkey and the Kurds, both U.S. allies but who are now battling each other.

He suggested another option: halting U.S arms sales to Turkey, which he said would be a serious blow, rather than a symbolic rebuke.

That was blocked by Sen. James Risch, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, who told all sides to cool it and wait for his bill, which he said he’s about to introduce to deal with all sides of the situation.

“We have a comprehensive piece of legislation,” he said.

President Trump made a surprise decision last week to withdraw U.S. troops from their position in Syria,

What I meant to say

#1535031 --- 10/18/19 08:07 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
You just can't make this stuff up. They are entertaining

Hillary Clinton suggests Russians are "grooming" a 2020 Democratic candidate
BY GRACE SEGERS

OCTOBER 18, 2019 / 2:03 PM / CBS NEWS

Hillary Clinton suggested that Russians are "grooming" a 2020 Democratic candidate, implicitly referencing Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard without directly naming her. Gabbard has often been criticized for her seeming support for Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, including meeting with him and openly questioning U.S. intelligence conclusions that Assad carried out chemical weapons attacks on his own people.

Clinton spoke with David Plouffe, the campaign manager for President Obama's 2008 campaign, for his podcast Campaign HQ. She discussed Russian interference in the 2016 election and likely intrusion into the 2020 election.

"They're also going to do third party again. And I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who's currently in the Democratic primary. And they're grooming her to be the third party candidate," Clinton said presumably about Gabbard, referring to Russian efforts to support third party candidate Jill Stein in 2016.

"She's the favorite of the Russians, they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far, and - that's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not, because she is also a Russian asset — yeah, she's a Russian asset! I mean totally!" Clinton continued. Clinton supporters have alleged that Stein served as a spoiler in the 2016 election.

"They know they can't win without a third-party candidate. And so, I don't know who it's gonna be, but I can guarantee they'll have a vigorous third party challenge in the key states that they most need it," Clinton said about the Russians.

The Hawaii congresswoman's campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Gabbard has pushed back against accusations that she supports Assad. Although she met with Assad in 2017, and she has said in the past that Assad is "not the enemy of the United States," she called him a "brutal dictator" on CNN in August.

However, during the Democratic debate on Tuesday, Gabbard repeatedly referred to a "regime change war" in Syria, which is a common talking point for Assad. She accused members of the media of "championing and cheerleading this regime change war."

"The New York Times and CNN have also smeared veterans like myself for calling for an end to this regime change war. Just two days ago, The New York Times put out an article saying that I'm a Russian asset and an Assad apologist, and all these different smears," Gabbard said. The Times article she referenced noted that Gabbard is a popular figure on Russian state media, but did not suggest she was a Russian asset.

Gabbard also criticized CNN during the debate, in tones that would imply that she would greatly disagree with Clinton's assessment of her campaign.

"This morning, a CNN commentator said on national television that I'm an asset of Russia. Completely despicable," Gabbard said.

Gabbard has also said she would support the eventual Democratic nominee, and ruled out a third party bid.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am ruling out a third-party run," Gabbard told reporters in August.

#1535036 --- 10/19/19 10:52 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö
Originally Posted By: Formermac
What? No citation from NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Post Standard?
You need not wonder why most people construe you as a joke.

Fronting an all to familiar White House flip-flop. Our forum psychobilly sounds desperate.

Trump can’t fire Mulvaney because nobody else wants to be his chief of staff: report

October 18, 2019
By Bob Brigham

White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney will likely stay on at the White House despite his public confession of a quid pro quo in the Ukraine scandal at the center of the impeachment inquiry, The New York Times reported Friday.

“But Mr. Mulvaney’s job has been anything but normal since the news conference on Thursday at which he seemingly undermined the Trump administration’s strategy for avoiding impeachment by acknowledging that Mr. Trump had sought a quid pro quo for providing Ukraine with American aid,” the newspaper reported. “In the chaotic aftermath, the president’s Republican allies are questioning Mr. Mulvaney’s savvy and intelligence even as the Trump campaign is defiantly turning one of his lines from the news conference into a T-shirt.”

Even if Trump wanted to, there are two reasons he might not be able to use his “you’re fired” catch-phrase from his reality TV show career.

The first is that nobody else is interested in the job.

“His relationship with the president runs hot and cold, depending on the day, though never quite cold enough for Mr. Trump to fire him.That is in part because it’s unclear who might be willing to take a job that Mr. Trump struggled to fill when it last came open,” The Times reported.

The other reason is that Mulvaney would know where any bodies were buried.

“The underlying tether that Mr. Trump is using to keep Mr. Mulvaney close, some advisers and former aides say, is a recognition that his scorched-earth farewells to other senior officials have left a number of them willing to tell secrets about what they saw while they served him,” The Times noted.

Read the full report: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/us/politics/defiant-mulvaney-ukraine.html

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-c...f-staff-report/

#1535048 --- 10/20/19 07:14 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Ben444 Online   content
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca County
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-f...ple-are-fed-up/

Trump faces furious State Dept. revolt for trashing career diplomats on Ukraine: ‘People are fed up’

#1535050 --- 10/20/19 11:37 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Online   content
Silver Member

According to the NY Times, Trump has insulted 598 people and places on twitter among them are many Republicans and some of those Republicans have lost their jobs due to Trump’s insulting them on twitter, the reason many current office holders republicans are scared to speak against Trump wrong doing with the exception of Mitt Romney.

#1535053 --- 10/21/19 06:46 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Online   content
Silver Member

Wow. OMG.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/politics/lindsey-graham-mitt-romney-impeachment-trump/index.html

Lindsey Graham does not rule out the possibility of Trump impeachment if new evidence emerges

#1535054 --- 10/21/19 08:25 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö
Originally Posted By: Ben444
Wow. OMG.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/politics/lindsey-graham-mitt-romney-impeachment-trump/index.html

Lindsey Graham does not rule out the possibility of Trump impeachment if new evidence emerges

Agreed.

'Voices' down the hall. 'Writing' on the wall. It's Testimony Season.

When it comes to his political principles, Lindsay Graham will be no one's fool.

Lindsey Graham, one of Trump's staunchest GOP allies, called the president a 'handful' and suggested he may support impeachment if new evidence comes out
https://www.businessinsider.com/lindsay-...vidence-2019-10

#1535177 --- 10/24/19 12:42 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1535178 --- 10/24/19 12:45 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://biztimes.com/wisconsin-lost-1400...tinues-to-slow/

While Trump continues to lie his way through insurmountable damning evident against him, he tends to forget the messes he's created just months ago.

#1535179 --- 10/24/19 12:52 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201...rkers/38693221/

Why do Trump host so many rallys? He knows that his supporters are ill bread in regard to doing research for themselves and these rallys tend to distract from reality in their narrowed mindset. While Trump touts racism and adolescent bullying, thousands of people are losing their jobs.

#1535202 --- 10/24/19 04:53 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Formermac
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201...rkers/38693221/

Why do Trump host so many rallys? He knows that his supporters are ill bread in regard to doing research for themselves and these rallys tend to distract from reality in their narrowed mindset. While Trump touts racism and adolescent bullying, thousands of people are losing their jobs.

#1535203 --- 10/24/19 05:07 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Susan Rice has Lindsey Graham pegged:

Her thoughts:

#1535211 --- 10/24/19 06:14 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Graham to unveil measure slamming impeachment inquiry as Trump praises GOP efforts to fight back.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., is expected to unveil a resolution Thursday condemning House Democrats' impeachment inquiry and their decision to conduct the initial investigation behind closed doors.

Story:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-i...fforts-n1071326

#1535543 --- 11/04/19 01:19 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY

#1535545 --- 11/04/19 01:25 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Yet 70 percent of Americans outside of the racist Trump support are asking you, who are the Americans you refer to seeing that Trump hate Blacks, Puerto Rican, Mexicans, Jews, Muslims etc. All who are Americans.

#1535548 --- 11/04/19 01:29 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

I love when a racist confirms their narrow mindless with poignant conviction.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

#1535549 --- 11/04/19 01:32 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

grin grin grin grin grin

#1535551 --- 11/04/19 01:37 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Lets see if the Buffoon gets it. I ask Cwjga if Trump desires to bring industry back to America, he can set the precedent by bringing his own clothing factories back from the sweat shops over in Asia. "Surprisingly" no response as of yet.

Page 149 of 185 < 1 2 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 184 185 >