FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1514950 --- 05/23/18 02:49 PM Dem Reaction to Sandy Hook
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
Here's how the compassionate and caring left reacted to the tragedy that was Sandy Hook. It's all about the optics, "never let a crisis go to waste".

At 6:57PM EST on December 16, 2012, Duncan wrote to Emanuel in a message titled “CT shootings.”

Duncan asked the Chicago mayor, “What are your thoughts?”

Five minutes later, Emanuel responded, “Go for a vote this week before it fades. Tap peoples emotion. Make it simple assault weapons.”

Duncan responded immediately, “Yup- thanks.”

It was two days after the shooting, when Emanuel and Duncan collaborated on a message.

“When I did brady bill and assault weapons for clinton we always made it simple. Criminals or war weapons,” Emanuel said in the email to Duncan.

“Gun show loophole?” Duncan responded. “Database? Cop-killer bullets? Too complicated?” he said.

“Cop killer maybe,” Emanuel responded. “The other no.”

The exchange ended when Duncan concluded with, “Got it.”

Two days after the Sandy Hook massacre, the former education secretary and the sitting mayor of Chicago were already discussing a national strategy.

Full article:

http://thebaltimorepost.com/former-white...hool-tragedies/

FingerLakes1.com
#1514953 --- 05/23/18 07:14 PM Re: Dem Reaction to Sandy Hook [Re: luckyduck]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
It speaks a whole lot about your demeanor and personality when one has need to politicize the killing of our American children. Since Sandy Hook, how many killings have taken place? By now, it evident that nothing of substance will take place until politic is overtaken by love and compassion...nothing else until your grandchild,son, daughter etc. becomes the next victim, what are the odds that you'll want something done, beside coming here speaking of a killing being superseded by many more since.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/us/politics/alex-jones-trump-sandy-hook.html

BTW, I'm a human first, family man and a good neighbor who fears God, my political stance takes a back seat to any of the above, how about you? I'll make this one unproven assumption about you, in the last 20 years, I've voted, Democratic, Republican and lastly in 2016, voted Independent, what are the chances that you can always be dependent upon to give your vote to a Republican irrespective of qualification, once again, common sense, compassion and country as a whole, not just a White/Black America but a total America, completed with every ethnicity imagine but what is being ushered in by the likes of Trump supporters, are those who seem to have forgotten about our future generation of children having safe schools whether in the inner city or rural localities....you know...a place where they can learn and not fear a war zone.

#1514968 --- 05/24/18 07:51 AM Re: Dem Reaction to Sandy Hook [Re: Formermac]
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Formermac
It speaks a whole lot about your demeanor and personality when one has need to politicize the killing of our American children.

I agree. Exactly why I posted the above emails between Emanuel and the then secretary of education.

#1514969 --- 05/24/18 09:56 AM Re: Dem Reaction to Sandy Hook [Re: luckyduck]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I was talking locally, you in particular, seeing that I'm relegated to "Standing in line and taking a number in regard to getting a voice with Capital Hill" here, I still have the Constitutional right to state my opinion regardless and that's even being compromised with the idiot in the White House. whistle