FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1514792 --- 05/16/18 03:29 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Chuck you obviously know nothing about libraries. Walk in to one and ask for the financial statement. I know for a fact Waterloo has their statement in a binder on a shelf.As far as Village and Town money, count it as zero. Ted won't donate to the library because the school stiffed him on rec center fees years ago. It has nothing to do with the library but he will tell you the library gets money that it doesn't receive. I think the town gives to the museum. Once again, you don't know. County taxes don't go to the library, that's why there is a line item for libraries on your tax bill. It is voted on by the constituency. Unless you have a problem with democracy it was the community's choice. Turning your back on a place of learning is a slippery slope. ignorant ain't cute.

FingerLakes1.com
#1514803 --- 05/17/18 05:51 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
What happened to you? There was a time when you sometimes knew what you were talking about. The libraries ask the county for money every year. Ted pays the utility bill for the Memorial Day Museum. The town of Waterloo gives at least $5,000 a year to the library. You sir, have lost it. Or maybe you are getting your information from the WLHS's financial report where it says they don't get funding from government bodies. Ted has said many times he doesn't like the fact that there is a library tax and then they ask the village, county and town for money.

Edited by scwoodchuck (05/17/18 05:58 AM)

#1514817 --- 05/17/18 11:53 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

You are the one listening to Ted and telling me I'm out of my mind. The village isn't paying for anything that I'm aware of for at least 5 years. You might want to check the town number you quoted. You might be a little low.

But what do I know? I'm not a Ted cronie.

#1514844 --- 05/17/18 03:49 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Dr. Who]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
LIBRARY (AND ALL NON-PROFIT) ANNUAL TAX RETURNS ARE AVAILABLE FROM:

GUIDESTAR

NYS CHARITIES BUREAU

Originally Posted By: Dr. Who
Libraries are a public service and deserve to be publicly funded.

#1514847 --- 05/17/18 05:23 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Dog
You are the one listening to Ted and telling me I'm out of my mind. The village isn't paying for anything that I'm aware of for at least 5 years. You might want to check the town number you quoted. You might be a little low.

But what do I know? I'm not a Ted cronie.
WOW, you just contradicted your self, AGAIN .
seneca county board of supervisors - The County of Seneca
https://www.co.seneca.ny.us 2014/11
Item 10 - 101 support of full funding to the Seneca County Libraries. .... resolution (1 ) changing the meeting time to 5:30 p.m. for the last board meeting of the year ...
1 of 16 Seneca County Board Of Supervisors Ovid Meeting October 14, 2014 Call to Order Chairman Hayssen called the meeting to o
https://www.co.seneca.ny.us 2015/03
All members of the Board of Supervisors answered roll call. Pledge of .... From the five public libraries in Seneca County, a request for 2015 funding for $50,594.
Seneca County Board Of Supervisors Ovid Meeting November 11, 2014 Call to Order Chairman Hayssen called the meeting to orde
https://www.co.seneca.ny.us 2015/03
All members of the Board of Supervisors answered roll call. Pledge of ..... From the five public libraries in Seneca County, a request for 2015 funding for $50,594.
Board of Supervisors

#1514848 --- 05/17/18 05:25 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

But tax returns are just a generalization and tell you almost nothing !

#1514849 --- 05/17/18 07:46 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

This is what you posted:

When have you ever seen a library in Seneca County make their financial records public ?

You didn't say that libraries don't post financial information that satisfies you.

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
[color:#FF0000][/color]

#1514853 --- 05/18/18 05:54 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye

This is what you posted:

When have you ever seen a library in Seneca County make their financial records public ?

You didn't say that libraries don't post financial information that satisfies you.

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
[color:#FF0000][/color]
are you happy with the information Trump has made public ? The devil is in the details ! Non-profit organizations are required to have independent audits when they receive over a certain amount, have you ever seen one ? Do you remember when Ted asked the WLHS for their financial records and they refused ? That's when Ted refused to give them money. I don't agree with almost everything Ted does but that one I do agree with.

Edited by scwoodchuck (05/18/18 06:00 AM)

#1514856 --- 05/18/18 08:05 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

50 grand to 5 libraries is fully supporting?

It is nice to NOT be a person that kisses Ted's butt. Have fun with that.

I can't believe we are arguing over whether we should support libraries in our communities. When did being stupid become ok? Election time?

#1514867 --- 05/18/18 08:23 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

I didn't start this library thing !

Waterloo just voted to increase the library TAX.One would assume that if more money was need the library could ask for more. Why ask for less than you need and then go begging for more ? Do you 2 know anything ?

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
When I posted the original information about the use of the del Lago money to remodel the County Office Building (IMHO unnecessarily in many cases) instead of enhancing services around the County or expanding programs or reducing taxes.

For example, the only Senior Services held in the South County is a coffee hour Wednesday 8-9 am. Transport to the activities and meals at the Bonadent Building is only available to "North County" residents. Farmer's Markets are in Seneca Falls only. Additional support could be provided to libraries and historical societies. More services could be provided to veterans.

I had expected suggestions to share the money with the Towns and Villages.

Instead, this has become a defense of the purchase of the Bonadent Building, including the opening of a (imaginary -to date) - day care. This has nothing to do with my original post. I fell into the trap and I will not continue.

I guess the Seneca county viewers oppose using the del Lago money to expand services, support the towns and villages, and build a reserve for a rainy day. Instead spend it on paint, wallpaper and new electronics for the BOS meeting room which is used 2 days a month.

I am not going to respond to any posts that do not provide thoughtful ideas and suggestions.

Originally Posted By: Kells
Jesus, the drama in Seneca County never ends.

#1514868 --- 05/18/18 10:17 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
all seeing eye Offline

I think the libraries deserve MORE money than they get, rather than new desks for the BOS to use twice a month.

50 grand to 5 libraries is fully supporting?

It is nice to NOT be a person that kisses Ted's butt. Have fun with that.

I can't believe we are arguing over whether we should support libraries in our communities. When did being stupid become ok? Election time?

#1514871 --- 05/19/18 06:50 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: all seeing eye]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
My math may be a little off, but I figure the Waterloo library tax has gone up 500% in the last ten years or so. With all the employee theft in the news I would think it would be wise to keep a watchful eye on everything.

#1514886 --- 05/20/18 06:21 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Hello_Governer]
Top Dog Offline

Prove it.

#1514887 --- 05/20/18 11:28 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
Hello_Governer Offline

Prove it.
OK - when you prove anything you say. But we all know " prove it " is a line used when you can't win the argument.

#1514888 --- 05/20/18 01:33 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Hello_Governer]
Top Dog Offline

Page 1 of the 2007 Form 990 reports Direct Public Support of $149,504.

Page 9 of the 2015 Form 990 reports $195,500.

You know for a fact what? 500%?

Make comments when you actually know the facts and know what you are talking about.

Anyone that wants to see more, Google "Waterloo Library and Historical Society Form 990".

#1514893 --- 05/20/18 08:56 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
Hello_Governer Offline

2007 Schedule A, page 4, line 20
2015 Schedule A page 3, line 4 and explain line 2

Edited by Hello_Governer (05/20/18 09:13 PM)

#1514896 --- 05/21/18 05:58 AM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Hello_Governer]
scwoodchuck Offline

KNOCK IT OFF ! that's one of our " SACRED COWS "

Edited by scwoodchuck (05/21/18 05:59 AM)

#1514910 --- 05/21/18 03:09 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Hello_Governer]
Top Dog Offline

I'm 500% sure you can call them and ask. I'm not here to figure it out for you.

You lied and that is all there is to it.

Hi Ted.

#1514912 --- 05/21/18 03:41 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Hello_Governer]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
2007 Schedule A, page 4, line 20
2015 Schedule A page 3, line 4 and explain line 2

2007. Blank so I don't know why you are asking.
2015 line 4. Blank so I don't know why you are asking.
2015 explain line 2. It is the total of all the gross receipts received. This isn't tax. Tax is found in Part VIII under "Property Tax Revenue" (go figure) and it is listed as.....$195,500.
Like I already stated.

#1514917 --- 05/21/18 08:17 PM Re: How the County Board of Supervisors is Spending the "Del Lago" Money [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

crazy

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4