FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1513721 --- 03/17/18 10:05 AM Reveille Between the Lakes
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Anyone notice that, since the sale, they just aren't the same paper.

Very little news that isn't a press release from the Sheriff, Kolb or Helming; blurry white deer pics; week old obituaries and the same "pets in need of adoption" article since November or December?

That, and different cut and paste fonts in every article?

What's the problem?

FingerLakes1.com
#1513731 --- 03/17/18 07:14 PM Re: Reveille Between the Lakes [Re: Hot Burrito]
DeReRustica Offline

Loc: Boondox, Seneca Co.
I'm concerned as well. No aspect of the paper is at the standard it needs to be. I don't see it surviving if this continues. The new owners are in the printing business, so they should be deeply familiar with fonts, resolution, aspect ratio, spell check. Why doesn't any of that show? A some actual reporting will be needed as well.

I thought they had some emergency situation with the first issue, but this craziness just keeps coming.

#1513733 --- 03/18/18 09:46 AM Re: Reveille Between the Lakes [Re: Hot Burrito]
FingerLakesGuy Offline

Loc: FingerLakes
Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito
Anyone notice that, since the sale, they just aren't the same paper.

That, and different cut and paste fonts in every article?

What's the problem?

First, best of luck to the new owners, but, respectfully they need some help with the spell checking and layout!

The spelling errors are really bad, for example the plural of 'resident' is NOT residence. There have been some real doozies in the past several editions. It's all very avoidable.

In some strange way, the fonts are getting distorted and the inserted images in the text need a wraparound gap setting to avoid the overlaps.

Again, best of luck to the staff, but they need some help.