FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1513151 --- 02/09/18 10:32 AM Wegmans home delivery
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
the geneva wegmans may have home delivery thru instacart

has anyone used the service?

will instacart deliver any product offered in the geneva store or is the selection limited to only a few items for delivery?

FingerLakes1.com
#1513155 --- 02/09/18 12:58 PM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: bluezone]
FLaker Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
The Instacart website lists the available products for Wegmans and Tops. It's a large selection.

#1513885 --- 03/29/18 05:01 PM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: FLaker]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: FLaker
The Instacart website lists the available products for Wegmans and Tops. It's a large selection.

one must enter their email in order to see the products offered

was just wonder if anyone has used the service and if they were happy with the deliver?

is there a one time yearly fee and what is the cost per delivery?

recieved different answers from different consumer reps of instacart

#1513917 --- 03/31/18 01:00 PM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: bluezone]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
I used this service to send food to a friend in the area who needs it just now, although I used the Tops service. I was please with how promptly the groceries were delivered and the quality of the food (as reported to me by my friend).

I paid about $5 for delivery and added a tip because...well because that's what I do.

#1514014 --- 04/06/18 06:50 AM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: HeavenlyPlaces
I used this service to send food to a friend in the area who needs it just now, although I used the Tops service. I was please with how promptly the groceries were delivered and the quality of the food (as reported to me by my friend).

I paid about $5 for delivery and added a tip because...well because that's what I do.

does instacart charge a yearly fee?

one customer representative said there was a yearly fee of about $150 and another customer representative said there was not a yearly fee

both said that orders over $35 are deilvered without any charge

if there is not a yearly fee then it is confusing how the orders can be 'free' if a person orders over $35 worth of items

it would seem that instacart would not make any money if a person orders $35 worth of items each time and not pay a yearly fee

tips aside

- by your post it would appear they only charge a delivery fee when a person uses their service

thought that instacart may charge a person the $150 yearly fee if they do not order enough items in a years time and the $150 yearly charge may later be reflected on their credit card bill after that year has pasted

#1514023 --- 04/06/18 09:25 AM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

called the local wegman and top stores but they were unable to provide a complete answer as they operate independent of the stores

#1514031 --- 04/07/18 12:42 AM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: bluezone]
ruby2 Offline

Bluezone, if possible I would recommend you download their App.  Everything is explained there.  There's a delivery fee, a service fee, and tax.  I ordered $40 and paid $51 ($6 delivery, $4 service, some pennies in tax). Plus I gave delivery person $5 tip.  Costly, for sure.  I estimate at least $15 - $20 over a trip to store on my own.  However, in this instance, I was willing to pay as I was too ill with flu to drive anywhere. 

I will use it again, but not on regular basis due to the high cost.  Using Instacarts App it is a simple procedure.   They kept me updated on my order via text messages.  They do offer a yearly deal, but it didn't interest me so I know nothing about it.  I will only be using service occasionally.

The high cost is the only negative.  I used it a 2nd time after the one I outlined above and had the same favorable experience.  Even the delivery people are a cut above the usual slugs one meets these days.

A simple easy to use App, I shopped on app, put items in my "cart" and when finished pushed "checkout" button, looked over my order, pushed the order button and that was it.  If you use the App you can do a trial run for yourself to see cost, go all the way to checkout-- just don't push order.  There are no tricks on App to get customers to push wrong button.  It's very straightforward.  From me, A+ on everything but cost.

#1514045 --- 04/08/18 06:51 AM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: ruby2]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: ruby2
I ordered $40 and paid $51 ($6 delivery, $4 service, some pennies in tax).

the information you offered was helpful for anyone interested in how the service operates

three customer reps from instacart said orders over $35 the delivery fee is waived

the 'express' membership is about $150 per year

the standard membership has a monthly $14.99 charge

delivery and service fees apply to both membership options

the service fee increases with the amount of your order

the service fee can be waived if the customer gives the instacart shopper a tip

the delivery fee increases with your order

be aware of your charges

it seems to be a beneficial option if one has limited time to go shopping

#1514127 --- 04/12/18 03:05 PM Re: Wegmans home delivery [Re: ruby2]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: ruby2
if possible I would recommend you download their App. 

A simple easy to use App,

was looking for information for those that have used it locally

reading reviews on the internet of different locations placed doubt how it operated