FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1512496 --- 01/17/18 04:07 AM Where do we go from here?
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
We have maxed out garbage and gambling in this wonderful town. The only profitable thing left is sex. What do you think? There’s a lot of space to lease downtown!

FingerLakes1.com
#1512497 --- 01/17/18 04:18 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: antnee]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
1) Gambling is not in this wonderful town. OTB is gone. Unless you are referring to the lottery.
2) We have a law against adult entertainment in downtown.

The real crime is how the money is handled. We do nothing to build for the future.

#1512504 --- 01/17/18 07:48 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
FLHTCUI-XL1200R Offline

Loc: Fingha Lakes
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
1) Gambling is not in this wonderful town. OTB is gone. Unless you are referring to the lottery.
2) We have a law against adult entertainment in downtown.

The real crime is how the money is handled. We do nothing to build for the future.

What !!!! I thought SF was business friendly, and would not exclude businesses.

#1512506 --- 01/17/18 10:55 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: antnee]
Get Real Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
If I remember correctly years ago someone wanted to put in a "adult store/Strip club" near downtown.. that was shot down but they were told it could be out near where the HUD building is on Cayuga St or something like that

#1512507 --- 01/17/18 11:26 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE

Can't get re-elected if you raise taxes, so nobody has the guts to do so. It's not how the money is handled that is the problem. To realistically prepare for the future taxes should be 2 or 3 times higher than what they are now. In time the tax rate will be around $20 per thousand. Just elect a few more like Avery and it could get above $20 real soon.

#1512508 --- 01/17/18 02:45 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: antnee]
Top Dog Offline

Hey Chuck,

Avery can play the fiddle while Rome burns like Nero. He will get a dose of reality in the coming weeks/months just like all that came before him.

I don't agree about needing a huge tax hike. The town has received tens of millions. Some say close to 50 million. I could give that to you and ask you to come up with a plan. I am pretty sure things would be better around here.

In the meantime, we have town employees enjoying free membership to BJ's.

Maybe they could pick up a snow shovel while they are there for downtown?

#1512512 --- 01/17/18 05:49 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

50 million over a 20 year or more time frame while town property owners paid zero tax. Now you seem to think the town has 50 million to bail out the problems that were created by the ineptitude of the former village officials. Are you a Democrat by chance ? You sound a lot like Churchill !

I think you are wrong about Avery, he will never admit he was wrong but I don't think he is smart enough to ever realize it in the first place.

Edited by scwoodchuck (01/17/18 05:54 PM)

#1512513 --- 01/17/18 06:01 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: antnee]
Top Dog Offline

Don't get your diapers in an uproar.

If you want to feel good about giving someone 50 million over 20 years and having a mess at the end, get your head examined.

#1512516 --- 01/18/18 06:03 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Common core math ?

The MESS didn't come at the end, it always existed. I would like to quote Trump right now but the mods wouldn't like it. They deleted one of my posts yesterday. Just because the village was dissolved doesn't mean the mess didn't exist. Thank the former village officials for the mess that got dumped on the town.

#1512522 --- 01/18/18 07:41 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
I would like to quote Trump right now but the mods wouldn't like it.
What has happened to our nation that we can't even quote our president any more? Has he destroyed our moral fiber?

#1512526 --- 01/18/18 11:52 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
I would like to quote Trump right now but the mods wouldn't like it. They deleted one of my posts yesterday.

Which obviously says something about Trump's statements and your posts. whistle

#1512529 --- 01/18/18 12:08 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
What has happened to our nation that we can't even quote our president any more? Has he destroyed our moral fiber?
Boy are you living in a fantasy land or what !!!! I could get get banned for quoting any one of our presidents, especially Clinton and Obama. In fact quoting the Pope could get me banned.

#1512530 --- 01/18/18 12:11 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
I would like to quote Trump right now but the mods wouldn't like it. They deleted one of my posts yesterday.

Ever heard of selective enforcement ? I remember getting banned for quoting you.

#1512531 --- 01/18/18 12:27 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Timbo

Ever heard of selective enforcement ? I remember getting banned for quoting you.

My money's on the fact that it most likely either wasn't an accurate quote, you selectively edited it, or used it completely out-of-context.

Sounds as if the problem rests with you, as you point out, it appears to be an ongoing issue.

Just sayin'.
whistle

#1512534 --- 01/18/18 12:56 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Boy are you living in a fantasy land or what !!!! I could get get banned for quoting any one of our presidents, especially Clinton and Obama. In fact quoting the Pope could get me banned.
What? I can't think of anything Clinton, Obama, or the Pope said would get you banned if you quoted it! I think you and Trump must both be in the fantasy land. No president has ever used the nasty, gross, and obscene language like Trump. He is disgusting beyond belief. I am really at a loss to see how anyone can support him anymore. During the campaign one TV commentator said Hillary may be our worst president ever but Trump may be our last president as he destroys America. I hope he wasn't correct.

#1512550 --- 01/18/18 04:55 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Look it up "Top 16 foul-mouthed politicians
By Ed Hornick, CNN"

#1512552 --- 01/18/18 06:40 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

By Ed Hornick, CNN"
They quoted Trump from 2011. He cusses using stronger words and more in the open then the others I think. And certainly much much more often. It is a daily thing with Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/29/politicians.swear.list/index.html

Top 16 foul-mouthed politicians
By Ed Hornick, CNN
April 30, 2011 1:34 p.m. EDT

2010: The BP oil spill took an emotional toll on everyone -- from those living along the Gulf of Mexico to politicians in Washington.
tzleft.obamaswear.jpg

President Obama was not immune.

In a June 8, 2010, NBC "Today" show interview, Obama said, "I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose a-- to kick."

Donald Trump

2011: Donald Trump, the real estate mogul and potential presidential candidate, gave a profanity-laced speech to Republican supporters in Las Vegas on Thursday night.

"They (OPEC) want to go in and raise the price of oil because we have nobody in Washington that sits back and says you're not going to raise that f------ price, you understand me?" he said.

And when it came to Iraq, Trump said, "We build a school, we build a road. They blow up the road. They blow up the school. We build another school, we build another road, they blow them up. We build again, in the meantime we can't get a f------ school built in Brooklyn."

#1512553 --- 01/18/18 07:04 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

Common core math ?

The MESS didn't come at the end, it always existed. I would like to quote Trump right now but the mods wouldn't like it. They deleted one of my posts yesterday. Just because the village was dissolved doesn't mean the mess didn't exist. Thank the former village officials for the mess that got dumped on the town.

This is odd. I am in agreement but you seem to be arguing with me. I am aware of the mess that the village was in. I'm choosing to not discuss what I know.

Not a big Churchill fan, and he owns that. He isn't a big fan of me. My feeling that 50 million should amount to something isn't meant to sound like him. If it does, so be it.

The mess has always existed. The 50 million came over twenty years. One would think there would be visible improvement along the way, let alone at the end.

#1512563 --- 01/19/18 10:32 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Why can't you understand that the village was separate from the town and didn't benefit from the landfill money. Now the town has taken over the village 5 years ago and Village taxes went down but enjoy the same services 2 or 3 million doesn't accomplish much. Let's try this, you go to McDonalds with $10.00 and you can get a meal. Now take 5 other people with you and you can all get an order of fries.( maybe) but it's still 10 bucks crazy

#1512580 --- 01/19/18 09:00 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

The village of Seneca Falls had a tax rate of $16.93 per thousand before dissolution.

https://www.dos.ny.gov/lg/publications/LGEProjectReports/2008/SenecaFallsDissPlan.pdf

#1512604 --- 01/20/18 05:52 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

By Ed Hornick, CNN"
They quoted Trump from 2011. He cusses using stronger words and more in the open then the others I think. And certainly much much more often. It is a daily thing with Trump
Oh man, I knew you would try to cover up the Clintons on this issue. grin

#1512617 --- 01/21/18 06:23 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: antnee]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: antnee
We have maxed out garbage and gambling in this wonderful town. The only profitable thing left is sex. What do you think? There’s a lot of space to lease downtown!

the movie 'its a wonderful life' with the main character as george bailey also had mr potter who wanted to control the entire town

WELCOME TO POTTERVILLE

so very sad

the director mr frank capra would be heart broken to see what has happened to his beloved small town

#1512627 --- 01/21/18 04:41 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

Why can't you understand that the village was separate from the town and didn't benefit from the landfill money. Now the town has taken over the village 5 years ago and Village taxes went down but enjoy the same services 2 or 3 million doesn't accomplish much. Let's try this, you go to McDonalds with $10.00 and you can get a meal. Now take 5 other people with you and you can all get an order of fries.( maybe) but it's still 10 bucks crazy

Are you speaking to an imaginary friend? Where am I confusing the village with the town?

#1512634 --- 01/22/18 07:36 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Thick or what ! The town got landfill money and the town tax payers paid ZERO TAX. One just offset the other why would you expect to see any improvement ? Millions of landfill money minus millions of tax payer money equals ZERO IMPROVEMENTS.

#1512656 --- 01/22/18 07:25 PM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

Of course. The town offset the need to tax residents with revenue from the landfill.

Then the town moved swiftly to attract outside investment in the community, creating jobs and opportunity for many. It worked to improve infrastructure, which attracted job growth to it's shovel ready sites allowing for economic investment that found a town tax free environment attractive. This created opportunity for right now and a legacy for future generations to appreciate the town's vision.

Or it didn't. For those of us that don't get it, the prior paragraph is sadly sarcasm. It didn't do a freaking thing except spend a half million more than the insurance policy paid to build a palace for town hall. Then it raised taxes.

Still trying to figure out why you are drooling out something about the village.

#1512666 --- 01/23/18 05:30 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Obviously you think you are the only one reading this. My posts are addressing the accusations from the Seneca Falls Environmental Action Committee. If you were to watch the video of the Town Board meetings you might get the connection. My intention is to point out the fact that Mr. Avery has been lying from day one and trying to create problems for the current board members. Even your rant about the new town office building has nothing to do with the current board, the people responsible for that fiasco were voted out. This board has to deal with the mistakes of the previous board and previous village officials.

Edited by scwoodchuck (01/23/18 05:38 AM)

#1512668 --- 01/23/18 09:00 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

You specifically replied to me stating that I do not understand the difference between the town and the now shut down village. That has nothing to do with discussing which board or members were/are at fault.

#1512672 --- 01/23/18 10:02 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Don't get your diapers in an uproar.

If you want to feel good about giving someone 50 million over 20 years and having a mess at the end, get your head examined.

#1512673 --- 01/23/18 10:10 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

1)

#1512675 --- 01/23/18 10:20 AM Re: Where do we go from here? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Top Dog Offline

You really should bow out of this one. You don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >