FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 60 of 83 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1511871 --- 01/03/18 09:51 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
There is no honor among thieves or between these two jokers.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ste...kushpmg00000009

Steve Bannon suggested President Donald Trump was aware of Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with Russian operatives at Trump Tower in June 2016 &#8213; because he met with them that day, too, according to an explosive new book by acclaimed journalist Michael Wolff.

The former White House strategist was quoted by Wolff as saying there was “zero” chance Trump Jr. didn’t walk the Russian meeting attendees “up to his father’s office on the 26th floor.”

Peter Alexander
&#10004;
@PeterAlexander

SIREN: "Steve Bannon was certain that after the (July 2016 Trump Tower) meeting, Trump, Jr. had taken the participants to see his father," per excerpts from new Michael Wolff book, "Fire & Fury."
Trump has claimed he was unaware any meeting with Russians took place.
11:34 AM - Jan 3, 2018

462 462 Replies
5,077 5,077 Retweets

Peter Alexander
&#10004;
@PeterAlexander

NEW: Here's the Bannon quote regarding the July 2016 Trump Tower meeting: "The chance that Don Jr. did not walk these Jumos up to his father’s office of the 26th floor is zero,” per "Fire & Fury." (pg. 255)
11:43 AM - Jan 3, 2018

FingerLakes1.com
#1511884 --- 01/04/18 09:56 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-dicker...o-your-ex-wife/

CBS News' chief Washington correspondent and anchor of "Face The Nation" John Dickerson spoke to CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor to discuss the fallout.

"That start of the statement that starts by saying Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my presidency, this is like saying you're not married to your ex-wife," said Dickerson. "It's true at the moment, but doesn't erase the marriage."

#1511905 --- 01/04/18 07:04 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
The conversation is about cutting the government,

Bernie Sanders
&#8207;Verified account @SenSanders
1h1 hour ago

When Republicans want to add some $100 billion to military spending over the next two years we will not turn our backs on working families, the elderly, the children, the sick and the poor. We must have parity between defense and non-defense spending.
257 replies 928 retweets 3,224 likes

#1512029 --- 01/06/18 08:57 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening
Man Goes To Pay For Lunch With This $20 Bill – What Happened Next Is Downright Hilarious…

I went with several friends to a restaurant in Texas and after the meal went to pay. Unknowingly, the $20 bill I had in my wallet had “Trump Lives Here” written in permanent marker on The White House. The cashier looks at it and says I can’t take this money its invalid because it’s been defaced.

I’m like you gotta be shittin' me ? The kid holds his ground and says you have to give me some other form of payment like a credit card or something. I said I can’t this is all I got, and he tells me then you need to go to an ATM and get valid currency. I went with “nope, the money works you can take it.” Kid goes, 'but I’m not going to'... so I called the cops.

By now several people had gathered around the register and when the cops arrive the standard.... “what seems to be the trouble here?”

Before I can say anything the kid says “this man is attempting to pass counterfeit currency which has been defaced and I’m not accepting it.”

Cop says "let me see the bill”.

Upon examination the cops says “Son, there are millions of bills with writing on them and it is valid currency so kindly take it and give the gentleman his change.”

Kid says “Nope I’m not taking it.” Cop says "why not ?” Rubber hits the road and the kid says “Because anything with Trump’s name on it disgusts me, he’s not my President.”

Cop pauses for a second, looks down and proceeds to say “Ok here’s the deal, take the money and give the gentleman his proper change or his lunch is free today because he’s trying to pay you for the meal.”

The kid still refused, and the cop tells me “Have a nice day sir, you are free to go" Then looks at the kid and says "I guess when word gets out that meals are free if Trump’s name is written on a $20 bill on The White House this place will get swamped with people wanting to eat for free."

Thank you, Merry Christmas and God Bless Y’all. smile

Credit to @david j. Hill

#1512038 --- 01/06/18 10:08 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I went with several friends to a restaurant in Texas and after the meal went to pay. Unknowingly, the $20 bill I had in my wallet had “Trump Lives Here” written in permanent marker on The White House.
Not much longer it appears.

http://www.businessinsider.com/will-trump-finish-his-term-25th-amendment-steve-bannon-2017-10

Steve Bannon reportedly thinks Trump only has a 30% chance of finishing his term

#1512040 --- 01/06/18 10:15 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Mr. Bannon is a disgruntled employee.

#1512043 --- 01/06/18 10:22 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Yes, disgruntle ,brutally and embarrassingly honest, which makes for a disgruntle and embarrassed Trump.
Ever hear of the good ole boys club son? piss an insider off and all loyalty and secrets are off.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...with-anger-over

#1512050 --- 01/06/18 10:52 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Yes, disgruntle ,brutally and embarrassingly honest, which makes for a disgruntle and embarrassed Trump.
Ever hear of the good ole boys club son? piss an insider off and all loyalty and secrets are off.

Mr.Bannon has got nothing! He's out of a job, and with a little investigation work, he'll end up in jail with Mr. Comey for leaking those secrets!

#1512053 --- 01/06/18 11:07 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

One problem Tommy, being that you reside in upstate NY and the investigation is being held in DC, your lil ole opinion won't amount to a grain of sand as to who goes to jail and who is exonerated.

#1512055 --- 01/06/18 11:15 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac

Mr.Bannon has got nothing! He's out of a job, and with a little investigation work, he'll end up in jail with Mr. Comey for leaking those secrets!
He will end up in jail with Flynn and Manafort unless he starts talking to Mueller.

#1512056 --- 01/06/18 11:21 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

LOL, amazingly Tommy loves to indict people he don't like but never consider that old pendulum of justice which somehow nailed his buddy,the man screaming the loudest at a few rallies "lock her up"

#1512061 --- 01/07/18 12:21 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Mr. Bannon is a disgruntled employee.
You are right about that.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/06/jack-shafer-swamp-diary-trump-bannon-216252

Week 33: Trump Blistered by Bannon’s Inside Job

The president still hasn’t found a lawyer who can protect him from his enemies and himself.

By JACK SHAFER January 06, 2018

As cunning as a raccoon, author Michael Wolff walked in the front door of the White House early last year and has returned with a book, Fire and Fury, that cements Donald Trump’s image as a shallow, narcissistic, dim, post-literate, impulsive, temperamental and doddering buffoon who blusters and lurches from crisis to crisis. For most of a holiday-shortened week, excerpts from the book published in New York and the Hollywood Reporter predicted that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III would “crack Don Junior like an egg,” that Trump thought he would lose the 2016 election, that the Constitution was more difficult for him to understand than quantum physics.

These hot licks temporarily elbowed Mueller’s Russia investigation out of the spotlight until Thursday evening when the New York Times delivered a report that added a layer of patina to the obstruction of justice case Mueller is thought to be building. According to the Times’ Michael Schmidt, last March Trump had his top White House lawyer lobby Attorney General Jeff Sessions to keep him from recusing himself in the growing Russia investigation.

#1512067 --- 01/07/18 01:13 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Saturday, January 6, 2018
Brett Decker: ‘Trump in One Year Is Already Better Than 16 Years’ of Bush, Obama ‘Put Together’

Robert Kraychik6 Jan 20181,982
“Trump in one year is already better than sixteen years of [George W. Bush and Barack Obama] put together,” said former Wall Street Journal editor Brett M. Decker, pointing to a current 17-year high in consumer confidence.

Decker, an expert on Asia and the bestselling author of Bowing to Beijing: How Barack Obama Is Hastening America’s Decline and Ushering a Century of Chinese Domination, joined Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight with Breitbart News’s Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon and Senior Editor-at-Large Rebecca Mansour.

“The leading indicator, when you dig into the data on why consumer confidence is high, is because people are anticipating higher wages,” said Decker. “The economy and consumer, they work logically. … What you’re seeing [are] the consequences of positive policy.”

President Donald Trump’s economic policies incentivize economic investment in America, said Decker, noting the mobility of capital in the modern era. “Businesses and consumers are [responding] logically” to the Trump administration’s economic policies, he added.

Decker rejected narratives crediting former President Barack Obama’s economic policies with recently developing economic figures during Trump’s presidential tenure, framing such assertions as “absolutely crazy”: “You look at the unemployment numbers, and it’s 4.1 percent. I look at Obama and Bush kind of combined, when I look at their block of sixteen years. Anyone that says this is inheriting some kind of Obama economy, he had eight years, and in 2010, the unemployment rate was 9.6 percent, absolutely crazy. … This idea that it has anything to do with Obama is absolutely crazy.”

Dropping unemployment rates, said Decker, will not be welcomed by all persons or interests. “Big business” interests, he said, prefer higher rates of unemployment given their depressive effects on wages. He also praised Trump’s emphasis on expanding domestic manufacturing. “When there are fewer people looking for jobs, you have to pay those few people more to take those jobs. What scares me about this is big business … seeing the unemployment numbers go down, and they’re like, ‘Oh, no. We’re going to have to pay these people more. We better call Paul Ryan and get him to flood us with cheap immigrant labor.’ So not everybody who looks at these numbers gets excited. There are different kinds of reactions.”

Decker went on to say that “one of [his] favorite things that Trump has done [was when] he was with some of the automakers, and he pointed to the head of Toyota of America, he said, ‘You have to build plants here.’ Within a short period of time, Toyota canceled a factory they were building in Mexico and said they were going to put it in the U.S., instead. What is that, a few thousand extra manufacturing jobs?”

Decker added, “Trade policy, I think, is one of the clearest areas where, if you look at the deindustrialization of America, how much government policy matters. The period between 1994, when NAFTA was passed, and 2014, a 20-year period … our trade deficit with [Canada and Mexico] went up 430 percent. … We get zero benefit out of these trade deals.”

America’s hemorrhaging of manufacturing jobs to other countries, said Decker, was economically disadvantageous: “Fundamentally, I think most people know in their heart of hearts, you can’t just be a consumer economy. If you want to consume anything, you have to make something. We’ve had decades of policy where we just decided we didn’t have to make anything anymore.”

Neo-conservative predictions of China’s political liberalization resulting from its deeper integration into the global economy had not borne out, said Bannon and Decker, with the former describing it as “one of biggest strategic mistakes” of modern Western political leadership.

Decker said, “This idea that you see among the neo-con right is, if you make [China] richer, eventually they’re gonna get more economic freedom. People are gonna demand more political freedom.” Bannon responded, “Oops. That was a miss,” and Decker agreed. “That was one of the biggest strategic mistakes,” said Bannon, adding, “When they look back at the history of this thing a hundred years from now, the Clinton and Bush administrations, the strategic miscalculation about China will go down in history as one of the greatest failures of the elites and the leadership of this country – the mid-nineties to up until, really, President Trump came on the scene, the whole ‘China’s gonna change.’”

Breitbart News Tonight airs Monday through Friday on SiriusXM’s Patriot channel 125 from 9:00 p.m. to midnight Eastern (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Pacific).

#1512074 --- 01/07/18 01:35 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Saturday, January 6, 2018
Brett Decker: ‘Trump in One Year Is Already Better Than 16 Years’ of Bush, Obama ‘Put Together’
Beitbart. LOL
https://thegrio.com/2018/01/06/fox-news-admits-job-growth-stronger-obama-trump/

Fox News admits job growth was stronger under Obama than Trump

President Donald Trump does a lot of talking about how great he has been for job growth and how he has been breaking records and doing better than Obama at, well everything. The problem is that’s not actually true.

The official monthly jobs report for this past December was a let down with the Labor Department estimating that the economy added only 148,000 jobs in the last month of 2017. It doesn’t end there either.

When you look at the big picture the average monthly job growth in 2017 was just 171,000 jobs per month, way down from the 187,000 jobs that were added each month in 2016 when Obama was still President.

The tweet was met with silence from Trump supporters but it certainly didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of social media with plenty of people mocking Fox for actually acknowledging something that is true. While it must be hard for Trump to have it pointed out that job growth in Obama’s last six years was far better, it must have been just as painful for many Fox News correspondents as well.

#1512078 --- 01/07/18 01:48 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Trump is such a fool. All he knows how to is start fights by throwing his weight around.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politics/s...ouse/index.html

Source: Bannon was going to defend Trump until Trump attacked him
Jeremy Diamond 2017

By Jake Tapper and Jeremy Diamond, CNN Updated 7:28 PM ET, Sat January 6, 2018

Steve Bannon was only minutes away from attacking "Fire and Fury" author Michael Wolff over quotes attributed to the former White House chief strategist, but he decided not to do so after President Donald Trump attacked him after the release of excerpts from the book, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The statement was drafted, but Bannon had not yet made up his mind about whether to release it before the President released his own scathing statement about his former chief strategist, a second Bannon ally said. In that statement, Trump blasted Bannon and alleged he had "lost his mind."

#1512163 --- 01/08/18 08:10 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

CNN
&#8207;Verified account @CNN
2h2 hours ago

President Trump's "very stable genius" tweet shows he isn't http://cnn.it/2qxxNqI | Analysis by Chris Cillizza

#1512164 --- 01/08/18 08:17 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

CNN Breaking News Retweeted
CNN Politics
&#8207;Verified account @CNNPolitics
18h18 hours ago

Rep. Adam Schiff: "I don't think there's anyone in Congress, frankly, of either party who does not concur at least privately with those observations and concerns" about Trump's fitness to serve #CNNSOTU
CNN

#1512165 --- 01/08/18 08:18 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Note Mr. Painter was a lawyer for George W. Bush

"Donald Trump is a very dangerous man. He does not belong in the presidency. ... I'm not going to support any member of the House or Senate who continues to support this President." - Richard Painter, former White House lawyer for George W. Bush http://cnn.it/2qx6zR8

#1512166 --- 01/08/18 08:21 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/..._president.html

Rep. Adam Schiff on Sunday's edition of CNN's 'State of the Union': "I don't think anyone is particularity surprised by what has been revealed in the Wolff book, in terms of what people closest with Trump have about his capacity to do the job. I don't think there's anyone in Congress, frankly of either party, who does not concur at least privately with those observations and concerns. Certainly very few are willing to express it publicly in Congress -- to the detriment of our institution."

"The big question for us though is: We have a seriously flawed human being in the oval office. Will those flaws be allowed to permeate the whole of government?"

#1512220 --- 01/09/18 08:59 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fir...t-order-n835821

The publisher of Michael Wolff's explosive new book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” delivered a message Monday to the White House: We won't back down.

Leaders of the publishing company said they have no intention of honoring the cease-and-desist order that President Donald Trump's lawyer fired off to derail publication of the book that has roiled Washington and infuriated the commander in chief and his supporters. The book was published by Henry Holt and Co., which is owned by Macmillan Publishing.

“The president is free to call news ‘fake’ and to blast the media,” wrote John Sargent, Macmillan's CEO. “That goes against convention but is not unconstitutional. But a demand to cease and desist publication — a clear effort by the President of the United States to intimidate a publisher in halting publication of an important book on the workings of the government — is an attempt to achieve what is called prior restraint."

“That,” Sargent wrote, “is something that no American court would order, as it is flagrantly unconstitutional.”

Framing this as a First Amendment fight and buttressing his argument with landmark free-speech opinions by Supreme Court Justices William Brennan and Warren Burger, Sargent declared this was “about much more than 'Fire and Fury.'”

“There is no ambiguity here,” he wrote. “This is an underlying principle of our democracy. We cannot stand silent. We will not allow any president to achieve by intimidation what our Constitution precludes him or her from achieving in court.”

Sargent said the company was resisting the demand not just on behalf of “Wolff and his book, but also for all authors and their books, now and in the future.”

Page 60 of 83 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82 83 >