FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1510632 --- 12/11/17 07:08 AM Bullying
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...g-a8102886.html

Who's at fault here? In reality, most will say that it's the parent's fault but where are we as a society, when athletes will physically go after one another, our United States president will call people childish names & talk about women in demeaning manners. On social media such as here, we hide behind monikers masking our true identities thus allowing ourselves the liberty of showing our racism, hatred and any other vile behavior we do not show publicly. Case in point, when was the last posting offering a great day toward anyone but more focused only on our "friends" This particular article nearly brought me to tear but even as our young people attempt suicide, what is our current administration doing about it?....focusing on getting a child molester re elected. Answer to my question, who's at fault? Me, you, President Trump and any vile person that makes light of this particular post.

FingerLakes1.com
#1510633 --- 12/11/17 08:08 AM Re: Bullying [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Great posting Formermac. grin

#1510634 --- 12/11/17 08:57 AM Re: Bullying [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Does this mean you will STOP BULLYING?

#1510635 --- 12/11/17 09:32 AM Re: Bullying [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Does this mean you will STOP BULLYING?

Just like smoking vile vermin out of an infested house, mention anything of logic and getting along with one another and the vermin typically will be the first of come out of their rat hole. Thank you for supporting and confirming my thesis.

#1510636 --- 12/11/17 09:37 AM Re: Bullying [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...g-a8102886.html

Who's at fault here? In reality, most will say that it's the parent's fault but where are we as a society, when athletes will physically go after one another, our United States president will call people childish names & talk about women in demeaning manners. On social media such as here, we hide behind monikers masking our true identities thus allowing ourselves the liberty of showing our racism, hatred and any other vile behavior we do not show publicly. Case in point, when was the last posting offering a great day toward anyone but more focused only on our "friends" This particular article nearly brought me to tear but even when our young people attempt suicide, what is our current administration doing about it?....focusing on getting a child molester re elected. Answer to my question, who's at fault? Me, you, President Trump and any vile person that makes light of this particular post.

Fools never consider the consequences of their actions, they only insist on telling us just how much of a fool they really are.....Thomas, calm down, you've already convinced us, we hear you. wink

#1510637 --- 12/11/17 11:50 AM Re: Bullying [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
It is a shame that this nation seems to be divided into two waring tribes and that compromise is a dirty word. And anything that we don't agree with 100% is fake news. The end result of this could be another civil war.

#1510693 --- 12/12/17 07:23 AM Re: Bullying [Re: kyle585]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
Kyle I agree that compromise has been considered bad. Be it state or federal, the legislatures work more for the majority and minority leaders than their own constituents. Opposing views give a small balance and arenít always 100% fake but the media, all media, has been caught repeatedly publishing fake news that gets repeated.

#1510712 --- 12/12/17 01:05 PM Re: Bullying [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
Kyle I agree that compromise has been considered bad. Be it state or federal, the legislatures work more for the majority and minority leaders than their own constituents. Opposing views give a small balance and arenít always 100% fake but the media, all media, has been caught repeatedly publishing fake news that gets repeated.

Just as long as we remain cogent of the fact that opposing views do not necessarily warrant equal consideration. Fairness is one thing, balance is something altogether different. Nor do "Bad" views deserve balanced considerations. Sometimes compromise is one-sided in the interest of serving the greater good.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that errors in reporting are NOT fake news. Repetition of such errors are the product of lazy or careless journalism and lazy consumers of news. "Fake News" is, by definition, intentional and the "media" is not to be compared to legitimate news outlets. NOT "all" news services disseminate "fake news" as you appear to be suggesting (nor does all 'media' for that matter).