FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1510493 --- 12/08/17 08:11 AM Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters

by Penny Starr 7 Dec 2017

A Rasmussen poll released on Wednesday shows first lady Melania Trump’s approval ratings among likely voters has risen to 53 percent. That’s up from 45 percent of voters who felt favorably toward her just after her husband, Donald Trump, was elected president.

Rounding out the poll: 36 percent hold an unfavorable view and 11 percent are undecided on how they feel about first lady Melania Trump, according to a Newsmax report on the poll.

In Barack Obama’s final year as president, voters held a similar favorability rating of first lady Michelle Obama. However, 75 percent had a favorable opinion of Laura Bush at the end of her husband, George W. Bush’s, presidency, despite his poor approval ratings.

The poll also shows that 81 percent of Republicans view the first lady favorably, while 57 percent of Democrats have an unfavorable opinion about her, according to Newsmax.

advertisement

The survey of 1,000 likely U.S. voters was conducted on November 28-29. The margin of error is plus or minus three percentage points, with a 95 percent level of confidence, Rasmussen reported.

FingerLakes1.com
#1510522 --- 12/08/17 02:06 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
I notice you have no comment on Trump's miserable rating, the worst of any president at this stage of his presidency since they started polling.

#1510523 --- 12/08/17 02:24 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: kyle585
I notice you have no comment on Trump's miserable rating, the worst of any president at this stage of his presidency since they started polling.

Did the list have the categories in which she was rated? With all due respect, as a kid, I construed Jackie Kennedy as a great first lady and very beautiful but in all honesty, she never effected any measures to help the cause of Women,poor or downtrodden people. In her later years, she was more vocal and entrenched in policies to help people but she was no Laura Bush or Michelle Obama. Lets be honest, Hillary Clinton as a First Lady was very instrumental in pushing healthcare, particularly for children. Let the Republicans have their Melania, but as we stated, a former pinup girl posing in a $4000 suits, is somewhat a low bar in terms of what a First Lady should do to help her country.

#1510526 --- 12/08/17 06:03 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Fake news!

#1510527 --- 12/08/17 06:26 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac

Did the list have the categories in which she was rated? With all due respect, as a kid, I construed Jackie Kennedy as a great first lady and very beautiful but in all honesty, she never effected any measures to help the cause of Women,poor or downtrodden people. In her later years, she was more vocal and entrenched in policies to help people but she was no Laura Bush or Michelle Obama. Lets be honest, Hillary Clinton as a First Lady was very instrumental in pushing healthcare, particularly for children. Let the Republicans have their Melania, but as we stated, a former pinup girl posing in a $4000 suits, is somewhat a low bar in terms of what a First Lady should do to help her country.

master For...., President Trump is erasing Mr. Obama's legacy as we speak. When President Trump is finished with his second term, Mr. Obama's legacy will be gone! smirk smirk smirk

#1510535 --- 12/09/17 02:49 AM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Fake news!

... said the legless shoemaker. crazy

#1510536 --- 12/09/17 03:24 AM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Fake news!
How come you believe the polls about Melina Trump but not about Donald Trump? Huh? You only believe the polls you like.

#1510541 --- 12/09/17 09:58 AM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

master For...., President Trump is erasing Mr. Obama's legacy as we speak. When President Trump is finished with his second term, Mr. Obama's legacy will be gone! smirk smirk smirk

Remember the statements in regard Roy Moore? let the people speak....well the fact that Obama was elected twice and if the Constitution would have allowed, guess who would served a third term? History is written in stone and not according to your narrowed minded way of thinking. Tell us son, what was Obama's approval rating during and at the end of his second term?....Trump in no way eradicate that no matter how hard it is for him to follow up from a previously great act.

#1510546 --- 12/09/17 11:16 AM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Anyone who uses "fake news" unironically is beyond help.

#1510553 --- 12/09/17 03:48 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Remember the statements in regard Roy Moore? let the people speak....well the fact that Obama was elected twice and if the Constitution would have allowed, guess who would served a third term? History is written in stone and not according to your narrowed minded way of thinking. Tell us son, what was Obama's approval rating during and at the end of his second term?....Trump in no way eradicate that no matter how hard it is for him to follow up from a previously great act.

[quote ]History is written in stone[/quote]

No it isn't! History is written by whoever is in power, and your side isn't in power now! whistle

#1510554 --- 12/09/17 04:47 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

History is written by whoever is in power, and your side isn't in power now! whistle
Unfortunately history is often written by dictators and thugs like Hitler, Stalin, Putin and now Trump. You are known by the company you keep.

#1510555 --- 12/09/17 04:49 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Fake news!
How come you believe the polls about Melina Trump but not about Donald Trump? Huh? You only believe the polls you like.
No answer? I am not surprised.

#1510556 --- 12/09/17 04:49 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Wolf King]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf King

Listen to you! A liberal anti-dumper, spouting off. To be flat out honest with you, I really don't care, what you say, nor am I concerted, what your opinion is.

#1510559 --- 12/09/17 05:08 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

Listen to you! A liberal anti-dumper, spouting off. To be flat out honest with you, I really don't care, what you say, nor am I concerted,concerned what your opinion is.

Funny, if you weren't Concerted concerned, why did you reply in the first place. ?
the fact that you DO care is the reason you'll always respond, otherwise you would ignore him.

#1510560 --- 12/09/17 05:09 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

History is written by whoever is in power, and your side isn't in power now! whistle
Unfortunately history is often written by dictators and thugs like Hitler, Stalin, Putin and now Trump. You are known by the company you keep.

Quote:
You are known by the company you keep.

I know, all you have to do is look at the Democrats and Republicans. They are all the scum of the earth!

#1510561 --- 12/09/17 05:11 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Listen to you! A liberal anti-dumper, spouting off. To be flat out honest with you, I really don't care, what you say, nor am I concerted,concerned what your opinion is.

Funny, if you weren't Concerted concerned, why did you reply in the first place. ?
the fact that you DO care is the reason you'll always respond, otherwise you would ignore him.

Oh well!

#1510562 --- 12/09/17 05:12 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

Thus the reason Trump is president, all the scum worked with Russia but all those voters didn't anticipate things getting THIS bad. wink

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-touts-approval-ratings-212642282.html

#1510564 --- 12/09/17 05:15 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

LOL, I love all the thoughtful & intelligent responses you offer.

#1510566 --- 12/09/17 05:58 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Wolf King]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

smirk

#1510567 --- 12/09/17 06:05 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

History is written in stone
No it isn't! History is written by whoever is in power, and your side isn't in power now! whistle

Wrong. History simply "is". What you're referring to, is pigheaded revisionism. And as a rabid Trump loyalist, you're no doubt well-versed in its unrelenting application.

#1510568 --- 12/09/17 06:12 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

I know, all you have to do is look at the Democrats and Republicans. They are all the scum of the earth!

Coming from an admitted white supremacist fascist, such sentiments by you should surprise no one.

#1510570 --- 12/09/17 06:17 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: kyle

Quote:
You are known by the company you keep.
So who do you support? The communists or the fascists? Or maybe the anarchists?

#1510604 --- 12/10/17 01:29 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Wolf King Offline

I love how he uses "anti-dumper" like it's an insult. As if fighting on behalf of a foreign landfill of other people's garbage is in any way honorable...LOL.

#1510608 --- 12/10/17 02:45 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Wolf King]
ThomasDecker Offline

I love how he uses "anti-dumper" like it's an insult. As if fighting on behalf of a foreign landfill of other people's garbage is in any way honorable...LOL.

Quote:
As if fighting on behalf of a foreign landfill

Were do you fight?

#1510610 --- 12/10/17 02:57 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

I know, I heard President Trump has opened the FEMA Camps, and he's started housing "Snowflakes" at the facilities... all I can say is be careful snowflakes. whistle

#1510613 --- 12/10/17 03:27 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-u-diplomat-quits-fiery-152640626.html

A distinguished U.S. diplomat who was seen as a rising star at the State Department resigned after writing a searing letter to Secretary Of State Rex Tillerson, accusing him of gutting the department and damaging America’s standing across the world.

Elizabeth Shackelford, who served as a political officer based in Nairobi for the U.S. mission to Somalia, lamented in a Nov. 7 letter obtained by Foreign Policy the “stinging disrespect” President Donald Trump’s administration had shown the diplomatic corps and how it was “driving” the department’s most experienced staff away in growing numbers.

“The cost of this is visible every day in Mission Somalia, my current post, where State’s diplomatic influence, on the country and within our own interagency, is waning,” Shackelford wrote.

She said she was “shocked” when Tillerson, who stepped down as ExxonMobil CEO to serve as Trump’s secretary of state, told department employees that advancing human rights across the globe “creates obstacles to our ability to advance our national security interests.“

If Tillerson is unable to “stem the bleeding” and preserve the department’s mission, she added, “I would humbly recommend you follow me out the door.”

#1510614 --- 12/10/17 03:35 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/trumps...lection-n828141

Donald Trump’s presidential win was a boon for the Republican Party in Washington, consolidating the GOP’s control of the Oval Office, Senate and House of Representatives. But beyond the Beltway, poll data suggests the election has had the opposite effect on the party, pushing voters away.

From November 2016 to November 2017 there was a 5-point drop in the number of people who call themselves Republicans, from 42 percent to 37 percent, according to Gallup. In that same time, the number of people identifying as Democrats stayed flat at 44 percent.

#1510615 --- 12/10/17 03:58 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The calls are growing louder and more numerous.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cor...kushpmg00000009

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is calling on President Donald Trump to resign over the more than a dozen sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Booker made the comments Saturday during a campaign event in Alabama to support Doug Jones, the state’s Democratic candidate for Senate. Jones is engaged in a tight race against embattled Republican candidate Roy Moore, whose campaign has been dogged by sexual misconduct accusations.

Booker told VICE News that the sexual harassment allegations against Trump are “far more damning” than the claims against Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who on Thursday announced his resignation from office after multiple women accused him of groping them.

“I just watched Al Franken do the honorable thing and resign,” Booker said. “My question is — why isn’t Donald Trump doing the same thing? Who has more serious allegations against him, with more women who have come forward.”

While Trump has been quick to call out other high-profile men accused of sexual misconduct in recent weeks, including Franken and Matt Lauer, who was fired from NBC’s “Today” show over sexual assault allegations, he’s refrained from applying the same level of scrutiny to his own behavior.

At least 19 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct, including forcible kissing and groping, since the 1980s. He even bragged about grabbing women “by the pussy” in 2005 on the now-infamous “Access Hollywood” tape.

Trump denied the allegations throughout his 2016 presidential campaign and dismissed the “Access Hollywood” recording as merely “locker room talk.” In October, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggested all the women accusing Trump of sexual harassment were lying.

Booker’s comments follow a call by Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) that Trump should resign.

“The president should resign because he certainly has a track record with more than 17 women of horrific conduct,” Merkley said on Thursday.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) tweeted on Thursday that Trump should “think about resigning,” a point he reiterated on Sunday during NBC’s “Meet The Press.”

#1510616 --- 12/10/17 04:10 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

From Breitbart news!

http://www.breitbart.com/

#MeToo Shock: Nikki Haley Throws Trump Under Bus

#1510617 --- 12/10/17 04:14 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Fake news!
Thomas Decker. I made you look like a food, didn't I?

#1510627 --- 12/10/17 09:27 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
Wolf King Offline

All he can do is spout personal insults as lazy and generic as "snowflakes". Not worth it.

#1510644 --- 12/11/17 12:38 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Wolf King]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rnc-officia...linkId=45773176

An official has quit the Republican National Committee over the GOP's support of Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who faces accusations of sexual assault and harassment.

Joyce Simmons, the GOP national committeewoman from Nebraska, emailed the 168-member governing body Monday to inform them that she had tendered her resignation. She writes: "I strongly disagree with the recent RNC financial support directed to the Alabama Republican Party for use in the Roy Moore race."

Simmons adds that she wishes she could have continued her service "to the national Republican Party that I used to know well."

#1510647 --- 12/11/17 01:18 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Fake news!

Quote:
Thomas Decker. I made you look like a "food", didn't I?

Sure you did brainiac. whistle whistle laugh laugh laugh

#1510648 --- 12/11/17 01:25 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Wolf King]
ThomasDecker Offline

All he can do is spout personal insults as lazy and generic as "snowflakes". Not worth it.

I'm okay with, "not worth it".

#1510651 --- 12/11/17 01:32 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Fake news!
Quote:
Thank you for admitting the obvious.

#1510654 --- 12/11/17 01:35 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

[quote=kyle585]I notice you have no comment on Trump's miserable rating, the worst of any president at this stage of his presidency since they started polling.
Fake news!
Quote:
Thank you for admitting the obvious. [/quote]

That you're a fool!

#1510656 --- 12/11/17 01:44 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rnc-officia...linkId=45773176

An official has quit the Republican National Committee over the GOP's support of Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who faces accusations of sexual assault and harassment.

Joyce Simmons, the GOP national committeewoman from Nebraska, emailed the 168-member governing body Monday to inform them that she had tendered her resignation. She writes: "I strongly disagree with the recent RNC financial support directed to the Alabama Republican Party for use in the Roy Moore race."

Simmons adds that she wishes she could have continued her service "to the national Republican Party that I used to know well."

LOL, I hate when intelligent and news worthy articles are wasted on dullard who have not the common sense to offer opposing intelligent links but rather respond with smiley faces and 2nd grade antics.

Great post Kyle.

#1510658 --- 12/11/17 01:58 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

#1510665 --- 12/11/17 02:59 PM Re: Melania Trump’s Favorable Rating Shoots Up to 53% Among Likely Voters [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Good job Fox news!

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/1...217287?lo=ap_a1

Democrat Doug Jones has a 50 percent to 40 percent lead over Republican Roy Moore in a new Fox News poll released Monday morning — his biggest lead in any public survey of Alabama's special Senate election.

The poll found 8 percent of likely voters were undecided, and 2 percent were supporting another candidate. Fox News' last poll, conducted last month, gave Jones a 50 percent to 42 percent lead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >