FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24
Topic Options
#1510375 --- 12/06/17 07:37 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Great article, as I listen to Kelly Conway this morning the thought came mind, my God!!!!!! this is one ugly women (yes I said it) with an ugly disposition , the emphasis being her charming personality. It's incredulous how much we have to lower our moral and legal standards to fit the narrative of our Republican brethren.President Obama and Hillary were held to level of accountability and morality yet we get to witness the GOP version3 with many bugs within it. Trump is now deemed a great man but by old standards, he was a wife(married 3 times) cheater, a liar, sexually harassed women, cheat on his taxes, name call similar to a child.....and these are his positive attributes but Obama was scrutinized over a period of 8 years and at best the Republicans could come up is criticize his policies.(Believe you me, they dug deep for something) Note no scandals, wife cheating, submitted his tax returns, went to a prestigious college along with his wife Michelle and both were prominent lawyers. Now this where it gets fuzzy, the Conservative's attempt to compare the Obama s to the Trumps....no comment needed based on the arrests thus far within the cabinet and the low popularity numbers which are dropping rapidly.

BTW, these new recruits will be protecting our nation.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army...mental-illness/

FingerLakes1.com
#1510409 --- 12/06/17 02:37 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
The support of Russia by Trump and his associates is disgusting beyond words.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/w...rity/index.html

Whistleblower: Flynn told colleague Russia sanctions would be 'ripped up'

By Manu Raju and Katelyn Polantz, CNN

CNN Digital Expansion DC Manu Raju

By Manu Raju and Katelyn Polantz, CNN

Updated 2:42 PM ET, Wed December 6, 2017

As President Donald Trump delivered his inaugural address, incoming-national security adviser Michael Flynn texted his former business colleague about a plan to join Russia and build nuclear reactors in the Middle East: The project was "good to go," he told them, according to a summary of a whistleblower's account provided by a lawmaker.

The business colleague who texted with Flynn later recounted that he also suggested sanctions against Russia would be "ripped up" as one of the administration's first acts, according to the whistleblower.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, on Wednesday released his summary of the whistleblower's account detailing Flynn's conversations with colleagues as the Trump administration took power. The account provides the strongest claim yet that the administration was focused on unraveling the sanctions that President Barack Obama had just put in place and that Flynn had a personal motivation for doing so.

#1510410 --- 12/06/17 02:48 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I think 58 votes for impeachment is a start.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...m_medium=social

The House overwhelmingly voted Wednesday to kill a resolution from a liberal Democratic lawmaker to impeach President Donald Trump as most Democrats joined Republicans in opposing the move.

Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, said Trump had associated his presidency with causes rooted in bigotry and racism. To back his claim accusing Trump of high misdemeanors, Green cited incidents such as Trump's blaming both sides for violence at a deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, and his recent sharing of hateful, anti-Muslim videos posted online by a fringe British extremist group.

After his resolution was read aloud, the House voted 364-58 to table the resolution.

https://www.needtoimpeach.com/sign-the-petition/

#1510412 --- 12/06/17 03:38 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I am sure Trump is envious of his friend Putin who just makes his opponents disappear.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/putin-inches-declaring-election-bid-51611079

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday he would seek re-election next year in a race he is poised to win easily, putting him on track to become the nation's longest-serving ruler since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.

#1510428 --- 12/06/17 07:10 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

#1510456 --- 12/07/17 02:19 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Bernie Sanders&#8207;Verified account @SenSanders
3h3 hours ago

We have a president who acknowledged on tape that he assaulted women. I would hope that he pays attention to what's going on and think about resigning.

4,022 replies 22,264 retweets 72,956 likes

#1510471 --- 12/07/17 06:01 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Pew Poll: Trump Approval at New Low of 32 Percent

By Jason Devaney

Thursday, 07 Dec 2017 05:50 PM

President Donald Trump's approval rating fell to a new low in the latest Pew Research Center poll.

Key results from the survey of U.S. adults, conducted from Nov. 29-Dec. 4:

32 percent approve of the job Trump is doing, down from 39 percent in a February Pew poll.
76 percent of Republicans or people who lean toward Republican politics approve of Trump, down from 84 percent in February.
7 percent of Democrats or people who lean toward Democratic politics approve of Trump's job performance, down one percentage point from February.
Trump has the lowest approval rating of any president dating back to Ronald Reagan at this point in their presidencies. Bill Clinton has the closest approval number to Trump after one year, 48 percent in 1993.
A combined 59 percent said senior Trump officials either "definitely did" or "probably did" have improper contact with Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign.

RealClearPolitics calculated Trump's most recent approval rating average at 39 percent based on the results of several polls.

#1510479 --- 12/08/17 02:38 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy...kushpmg00000009

Roy Moore Believes America Was Great During Slavery. Twitter Users Detonate.
“Families were united” then, the Senate candidate actually told an African-American person.

GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore stunned some listeners when he said he thought America was “great” during the era of slavery. Though he made the comments at a campaign rally in Florence, Alabama, more than two months ago, they’ve re-emerged in a viral tweet just days before the election.

Back in September, one of the few African-Americans in the crowd asked the candidate when he thought was the “last time” America was great.

Others pointed out that the years before the Civil War were hardly a time of “united families” as enslaved black families were often broken up and members auctioned off individually to other slave owners.

#1510600 --- 12/10/17 12:35 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/12/10/adam-schiff-russian-collusion-damning-sot-sotu.cnn

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) says the signs of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign are damning.

#1510601 --- 12/10/17 12:38 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I wish Senator Shelby had come out with this a couple of weeks ago. It might of made a big difference. I assume Senator Shelby is held in high regard by Alabama Republicans.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/richard-shelby-roy-moore-sotu-cnntv/index.html

Sen. Richard Shelby says he wants a Republican elected to the Senate on Tuesday to represent Alabama, but that he didn't vote for GOP candidate Roy Moore in the special election.
The Alabama Republican said he's already cast his ballot, and that he chose a write-in candidate.

"I'd rather see the Republican win, but I'd rather see a Republican write-in. I couldn't vote for Roy Moore. I didn't vote for Roy Moore," Shelby told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

#1510628 --- Yesterday at 01:30 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nob...kushpmg00000009

Total nuclear destruction is “only one impulsive tantrum away,” this year’s Noble Peace Prize winner warned while accepting the award for an international anti-nuclear weapons campaign.

“The threat is real. We have avoided nuclear war not through prudent leadership but good fortune. Sooner or later, if we fail to act, our luck will run out,” Beatrice Fihn, executive director of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), said during a ceremony in Oslo on Sunday.

“The risk for nuclear weapons use is even greater today than at the end of the Cold War. But unlike the Cold War, today we face many more nuclear armed states, terrorists and cyber warfare,” she said. “A moment of panic or carelessness, a misconstrued comment or bruised ego, could easily lead us unavoidably to the destruction of entire cities.”

In a speech on Sunday, Berit Reiss-Andersen, chair of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, stressed that the nuclear weapons that instantly killed at least 140,000 people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki &#8213; and later many more by radiation &#8213; are not as destructive as the ones we have today.

“A nuclear war could kill millions of people, dramatically alter the climate and the environment for much of the planet, and destabilize societies in a way never before seen by humanity. The notion of a limited nuclear war is an illusion,” she said.

#1510641 --- Yesterday at 12:30 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Sometimes I have a fleeting moment when I hope he wins just to see the fireworks that are certain to result.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy...kushpmg00000009

NEW YORK &#8213; As accused molester Roy Moore heads into a special election for a U.S. Senate seat this week, Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) is taking steps to protect the teenagers in the Senate Page Program from predatory members.

The congresswoman asked the Senate Sergeant at Arms in a letter on Monday to “take steps to prepare the Page Program for the possible election of Roy Moore,” the Alabama Republican accused of pursuing sexual relationships with girls as young as 14. The 30 Senate pages, who are essentially interns, are mostly rising high school juniors and seniors, some as young as 16.

“I write you today to share my urgent concern regarding the threat to the safety of the young men and women working in the United States Senate Page Program if Roy Moore becomes the U.S. senator to Alabama,” Rep. Moore wrote.

“The nature of life on Capitol Hill necessitates long hours in close proximity to lawmakers and staff that can create power dynamics of which young people are not fully aware,” she added.

The congresswoman noted that in 2006, then-Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla.) resigned from Congress after it came out that he had sent sexually suggestive texts and emails to teenage boys in the Congressional Page Program.

Roy Moore denies having sexually pursued teenage girls, but at least 10 accusers have come forward so far to make claims against him. Polls still show him leading his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, in Alabama’s special election.

Gwen Moore’s office said she is waiting to hear what steps the Sergeant at Arms will take to protect the pages, and then she will work with child abuse experts and social workers to determine whether those measures are adequate.

“It would be unconscionable for Congress not to be vigilant and proactive in taking precautions to safeguard these children given the well sourced allegations against Moore,” she wrote.

#1510642 --- Yesterday at 12:34 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

RESIGN TRUMP RESIGN

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/women-wh...-155315955.html

Women who have accused President Trump of sexual harassment held a press conference on Monday morning to ask Congress to investigate his alleged misconduct.

Held by Brave New Films, a nonprofit producer of documentaries based in Los Angeles, the press conference united three of Trump’s accusers for the first time to share “disturbing allegations [that] came to light before the post-Weinstein era of accountability for sexual misconduct and the rise of the #MeToo movement,” a statement noted.

The production company released a video in November called 16 Women and Donald Trump that uses documentary footage. It’s since been viewed more than 2 million times on Facebook.

“Our elected officials, no matter their party affiliation, should act,” said Brave New Films founder and CEO Robert Greenwald.

Sharing their stories at the press event were former Miss USA contestant Samantha Holvey; former Trump Tower receptionist Rachel Crooks; Jessica Leeds, who claims Trump harassed her on a flight; and Lisa Boyne, an entrepreneur who says she attended a dinner party in the ’90s and witnessed “misogynistic behavior” on the part of Trump.

Holvey, Miss North Carolina 2006, said that Trump, the former owner of the Miss USA pageant, lined her up with fellow participants and looked them over “like they were pieces of meat.” Trump also allegedly went into the backstage area while Holvey “sat naked under a robe as he walked around looking at us like we were his property before he moved into the dressing room.”

She now wants “this man to be held accountable for his actions so that future generations of women can fulfill their dreams without worry of anyone treating them like they are less-than because they are a woman.”

Crooks, the former receptionist, claims Trump forcibly kissed her. “Unfortunately, this behavior isn’t rare in our society, and people of all backgrounds can be victims,” she said. “The only reason I’m here today is because this offender is now the president of our country.”

While Crooks shared her story in October 2016, she said, it seemed to fall on deaf ears. On Monday, she noted, “Recently, the #MeToo movement has gained momentum, and women have found strength in one another and the courage to come forward, leading many powerful men to suffer the consequences of their actions. Trump, however, has escaped this path unscathed — but over a dozen women have come forward about his sexual misconduct.” She added that she wants to believe that Americans can “put aside our political inclinations” and “hold Mr. Trump to the same standard as Harvey Weinstein and the other men who were held accountable for their reprehensible behavior.”

Leeds alleged that Trump “decided he was bored and he wanted some entertainment” on a flight in the 1970s. She managed to get away from him, but she ran into him again and, she claims, he remembered her. “I think Trump will eventually be forced to quit, resign,” she said. “I unfortunately feel that the sexual aggression issue is kind of low on the list of things wrong with Trump, but it’s important enough to me to bring this up and hope that we can get some sort of change in our culture that will improve the situation going forward.”

As for Boyne, who spoke out last November about “Trump’s cringeworthy upskirt leering” in a video shared by attorney Lisa Bloom, “no one really cared about my story for 25-plus years,” she said, and that it wasn’t until the Access Hollywood tape was released that she was taken seriously.

Boyne has called on Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, as well as her representative, Jim Himes — both Democrats — to demand “that Donald Trump goes down like Al Franken,” because what he’s done is “a thousand times worse.”

Holvey, Crooks and Leeds were interviewed by Megyn Kelly on Monday morning. A White House spokesperson responded to NBC with a statement saying, “These false claims, totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts, were addressed at length during last year’s campaign, and the American people voiced their judgement by delivering a decisive victory. The timing and absurdity of these false claims speaks volumes and the publicity tour that has begun only further confirms the political motives behind them.”

#1510653 --- Yesterday at 01:35 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.thedailybeast.com/condoleezza-rice-on-roy-moore-reject-bigotry-sexism-and-intolerance

Ahead of tomorrow’s special Senate election in her home state of Alabama, Condoleezza Rice on Monday implored voters to reject Roy Moore—without explicitly naming him. In a statement to AL.com, the Birmingham-born ex-secretary of state called the election between Republican and accused pedophile Moore and Democratic nominee Doug Jones as “one of the most significant in Alabama’s history.” She added: “I encourage you to take a stand for our core principles and for what is right. These critical times require us to come together to reject bigotry, sexism, and intolerance.”

While continuing to not name Moore, Rice further swiped at him by telling voters that “It is imperative for Americans to remain focused on our priorities and not give way to side shows and antics. I know that Alabamans need an independent voice in Washington. But we must also insist that our representatives are dignified, decent, and respectful of the values we hold dear.”

#1510661 --- Yesterday at 02:26 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

#1510664 --- Yesterday at 02:50 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/trump-resign-gillibrand-sexual-assault/index.html

Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York told CNN on Monday that President Donald Trump should resign over allegations of sexual assault.

"President Trump has committed assault, according to these women, and those are very credible allegations of misconduct and criminal activity, and he should be fully investigated and he should resign," Gillibrand told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview.

"These allegations are credible; they are numerous, " said Gillibrand, a leading voice in Congress for combating sexual assault in the military. "I've heard these women's testimony, and many of them are heartbreaking."

If he does not "immediately resign," she said, Congress "should have appropriate investigations of his behavior and hold him accountable."

Responding to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley saying Sunday that Trump's accusers "should be heard," Gillibrand said, "Not only should women be heard, but they should be believed."

#1510692 --- Today at 07:11 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

What has happen to the Republican party?

Our old friend and Hollywood hero turned President must be rolling in his grave to see the condition of a party that use to looked out for it's people in terms of social welfare, health care and the economy. Today, this very same party has seen a degradation of character, humanity and honesty by cheating the voters back in 2000 & 2004 by tactics of "CHADS" and electoral manipulations. Once in office we realized greed which falsely made claims of Weapon of Mass destruction and sent 7 thousands men and women to their deaths, not to mention the thousands suffering as we speak from injuries. We witnessed a thriving economy turned into a recession but as of now, a party who has turns a blind eye to doing nothing for healthcare, taking money from the middle class and sending said finances to the rich and powerful. lastly we have a party with no moral backbone by supporting pedophilia and sexual harassment by stating that it's party over morality......If Ronald Reagan was living today, what are the chances that he would denounce the party of deviates? 100%

#1510699 --- 49 minutes 0 seconds ago Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline

I will go out on a limb and suggest that Alabama's Senate race will see another Republican win tonight, this race isn't about retaining a seat but more a moratorium on politics,race, religion and ethics. We have before us a Liberal candidate running in a Conservative state and an it's an uphill battle to run against racism and Conservatism in a state which backs a Republican child predators, speaks for itself, but you never know,maybe the Red state may garner some diversity and open mindedness.

Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24