Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Agreed. eek

#1509630 --- 11/23/17 08:23 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I just remembered an incident up in your area several years ago, didn't a Geneva cop shoot a kid for refusing to get out of a car? Hopefully he left the force.

#1509631 --- 11/23/17 08:24 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: WWG1WGA
A homeless man spent his last $20 to keep her safe. She’s raised $34,000 to repay him

By AMANDA HOOVER

The Associated Press

LinkedIn
Google+
Pinterest
Reddit
Print
Order Reprint of this Story

November 22, 2017 12:45 PM

UPDATED November 22, 2017 04:52 PM
FLORENCE, N.J.

Kate McClure didn’t expect to run out of gas on her drive to Philadelphia last month.

And she definitely didn’t expect that her misfortune would give her the opportunity to change someone else’s life.

Pulled over on the side of I-95, McClure, 27, was approached by a homeless man named Johnny. She was apprehensive at first, but Johnny told her to get back into her car and to lock the doors while he walked to get her help. He went to a nearby gas station, used his last $20 fill a can and brought it back to fill up her car.

Grateful, but without a dollar to repay him, McClure promised she would come back with something.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article186044173.html#fmp#storylink=cpy

#1509632 --- 11/23/17 08:26 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
I just remembered an incident up in your area several years ago, didn't a Geneva cop shoot a kid for refusing to get out of a car? Hopefully he left the force.

Yup. And he was "exonerated". Wrongfully in the opinion of many in the local community and in my opinion, as well.

#1509633 --- 11/23/17 08:29 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I lived in the Fingerlakes up to 2013 and knew all so well the racism & subtle connotations that existed.
Do you note the "intruder" here? 364 days of racism, negative and hate and hilariously chooses to paste a couple Thanksgiving memes, sheerly for one purpose....well we knew all that before today.

Edited by Formermac (11/23/17 08:32 AM)

#1509634 --- 11/23/17 08:32 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#1509635 --- 11/23/17 08:37 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

The unique thing is the fact that I grew up in a rural setting where my family was truly a minority but my life was relatively peaceful but heard the name calling and racism directed at the Army Depot because they had "Minorities" there...the same young men that served their country while their kids intergrated with us at.

#1509640 --- 11/23/17 09:59 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Formermac

Yup. And he was "exonerated". Wrongfully in the opinion of many in the local community and in my opinion, as well.
He should of been exonerated because he was innocent! This kid was another dirt bag from Geneva reaching under the seat! How did the cop know he wasn't reaching for a gun?

#1509641 --- 11/23/17 10:04 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Yes they do! You liberals love to play the race card! It's your answer for everything that goes wrong! Maybe you should promote kids staying in school,getting a job and staying away from crime & drugs and they wouldn't have problems with the police!

#1509645 --- 11/23/17 10:15 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

What's the chance that you're a 50 plus year old White person? The reason I ask, contrary to all your garbage, I do in fact own a business and have in my possession several pickup,tractors air compressors etc. Why must I deal with ignorant cops that assume to know what a thief look like? I love it when I "blow" their ignorance by taking them to my place of business and tell them,yes this is ALL mines and have proof of every possession. I love it when White ignorance avails itself but before you get ahead of yourself, 70% of my friends are White and the emphasis is they are true friend based on their ability to accept me as a friend and not a "Black man" laugh

#1509648 --- 11/23/17 10:21 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

So with your so called prosperity what have you done to address the problems in the black community such as low graduation rates,crime,drugs to try and break the repeated cycles of generation after generation turning out the same?

#1509651 --- 11/23/17 10:27 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I've raised two precious young adults, on the school board, go to the trade schools offering future employment, on the board of director to the local Boys and Girls club, donate time to the local human rights commission, I'm sure that you give equally in your time. laugh

#1509653 --- 11/23/17 10:29 AM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Sorry! I have to work for a living! Doesn't look like your efforts are paying off!

#1509685 --- 11/23/17 12:54 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

President Donald Trump’s 2017 Thanksgiving Proclamation
U.S. military
NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP/Getty Images

by Charlie Spiering23 Nov 20176,785
President Donald Trump issued his Thanksgiving proclamation, urging Americans to thank God for all of their many blessings.

Read the full text of the proclamation below:

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

On Thanksgiving Day, as we have for nearly four centuries, Americans give thanks to Almighty God for our abundant blessings. We gather with the people we love to show gratitude for our freedom, for our friends and families, and for the prosperous Nation we call home.

In July 1620, more than 100 Pilgrims boarded the Mayflower, fleeing religious persecution and seeking freedom and opportunity in a new and unfamiliar place. These dauntless souls arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts, in the freezing cold of December 1620. They were greeted by sickness and severe weather, and quickly lost 46 of their fellow travelers. Those who endured the incredible hardship of their first year in America, however, had many reasons for gratitude. They had survived. They were free. And, with the help of the Wampanoag tribe, and a bountiful harvest, they were regaining their health and strength. In thanks to God for these blessings, the new governor of the Plymouth Colony, William Bradford, proclaimed a day of thanksgiving and gathered with the Wampanoag tribe for three days of celebration.

For the next two centuries, many individual colonies and states, primarily in the Northeast, carried on the tradition of fall Thanksgiving festivities. But each state celebrated it on a different day, and sometime on an occasional basis. It was not until 1863 that the holiday was celebrated on one day, nationwide. In the aftermath of the Battle of Gettysburg, of one of the bloodiest battles of our Nation’s Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed that the country would set aside one day to remember its many blessings. “In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity,” President Lincoln proclaimed, we recall the “bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come.” As President Lincoln recognized: “No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy.”

Today, we continue to celebrate Thanksgiving with a grateful and charitable spirit. When we open our hearts and extend our hands to those in need, we show humility for the bountiful gifts we have received. In the aftermath of a succession of tragedies that have stunned and shocked our Nation — Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria; the wildfires that ravaged the West; and, the horrific acts of violence and terror in Las Vegas, New York City, and Sutherland Springs — we have witnessed the generous nature of the American people. In the midst of heartache and turmoil, we are grateful for the swift action of the first responders, law enforcement personnel, military and medical professionals, volunteers, and everyday heroes who embodied our infinite capacity to extend compassion and humanity to our fellow man. As we mourn these painful events, we are ever confident that the perseverance and optimism of the American people will prevail.

We can see, in the courageous Pilgrims who stood on Plymouth Rock in new land, the intrepidness that lies at the core of our American spirit. Just as the Pilgrims did, today Americans stand strong, willing to fight for their families and their futures, to uphold our values, and to confront any challenge.

This Thanksgiving, in addition to rejoicing in precious time spent with loved ones, let us find ways to serve and encourage each other in both word and deed. We also offer a special word of thanks for the brave men and women of our Armed Forces, many of whom must celebrate this holiday separated from the ones for whom they are most thankful. As one people, we seek God’s protection, guidance, and wisdom, as we stand humbled by the abundance of our great Nation and the blessings of freedom, family, and faith.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 23, 2017, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all Americans to gather, in homes and places of worship, to offer a prayer of thanks to God for our many blessings.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this seventeenth day of November, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

DONALD J. TRUMP

#1509690 --- 11/23/17 07:21 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

Yes they do! You liberals love to play the race card! It's your answer for everything that goes wrong! Maybe you should promote kids staying in school,getting a job and
staying away from crime & drugs and they wouldn't have problems with the police!

The difference is,
when the white, suburban and rural boys do it (and they definitely DO),
it's usually a VERY DIFFERENT story. And the facts fully support that statement.

African-Americans don't use drugs at a higher level than whites but "wind up going to prison six times more."
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/sta...t-rates-blacks/

African Americans are only 13% of the American population but a majority of innocent defendants wrongfully convicted of crimes and later exonerated. They constitute 47% of the 1,900 exonerations listed in the National Registry of Exonerations.
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

#1509691 --- 11/23/17 07:32 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Oh, Puke!!!

What a steaming pile of trite, jingoistic, historically inaccurate claptrap.

Trump hasn't have first clue as to the meaning of the word "heretofore".

#1509699 --- 11/23/17 07:51 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Oh, Puke!!!

What a steaming pile of trite, jingoistic, historically inaccurate claptrap.

Trump hasn't have first clue as to the meaning of the word "heretofore".

Maybe next time you could get elected President, and write your Thanksgiving Proclamation, Master Timbo.

#1509700 --- 11/23/17 07:53 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Yes they do! You liberals love to play the race card! It's your answer for everything that goes wrong! Maybe you should promote kids staying in school,getting a job and
staying away from crime & drugs and they wouldn't have problems with the police!

The difference is,
it's usually a VERY DIFFERENT story. And the facts fully support that statement.

African-Americans don't use drugs at a higher level than whites but "wind up going to prison six times more."

African Americans are only 13% of the American population but a majority of innocent defendants wrongfully convicted of crimes and later exonerated. They constitute 47% of the 1,900 exonerations listed in the National Registry of Exonerations.
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf
They are the least educated and highest per capita for government handouts! Highest crime level per capita but you ignore those facts because you can't defend them!

#1509701 --- 11/23/17 07:53 PM Re: ThanksGiving [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

The difference is,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >