FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#1510845 --- 12/14/17 09:41 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
So the only way to make this right is that everyone needs to move out of the United States except anyone that meets the minimum indian blood requirements.

It's the only way this will be solved.

The 600+ tribes can then decide on how to divide the land, deal with nuke threats, and fight off other countries that might attempt to take control of the land.

Should be interesting.

FingerLakes1.com
#1510848 --- 12/14/17 10:41 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall
So the only way to make this right is that everyone needs to move out of the United States except anyone that meets the minimum indian blood requirements.

It's the only way this will be solved.

The 600+ tribes can then decide on how to divide the land, deal with nuke threats, and fight off other countries that might attempt to take control of the land.

Should be interesting.

What a bunch of absurd, tone-deaf, self-seeking assumptions. If you don't care what happened 200+ years ago, then why should anyone care what you think today? At what point is a thing too far in the past for intelligent considerations? 100 years? 50 years? Five years? You're making up rules as you go along.

There's a well-established cause-and-effect that you clearly refuse to take into account. You're demonstrating the very same selfish, Eurocentric greed that created the greatest genocide in the planet's history, and now you have the audacity to accuse these victims of unimaginable barbaric acts for using the very laws brutally laid down upon them. You're basically telling them to "go to hell" while expecting them to look forward to trip.

Not only has white man ruthlessly dictated their laws, but now you're grousing about natives playing by precisely those same rules. Whatever 'revenue' issues you may be unhappy with, are the direct result of white efforts to foist their dominance over the indigenous peoples while sidestepping constitutional/treaty rights that would otherwise have provided legal guarantees contained within both. You need to better educate yourself on this issue.

Why do you expect them to have the same needs, desires or interests as those of their conquerors/oppressors? It's precisely the same presumptive, expectation that the oppressed should willingly lap-up whatever leftover gruel is force fed to them, as that of their original subjugators. The only difference is that today you employ lawyers instead of bullets. The results however, remain utterly unchanged.

To argue semantic BS over Reservation/Tribal status simply ignores white man's replete history of violating treaty and law. And in light of that history, to accuse N.A.s of being greedy is unspeakably obscene and despicable.

#1510849 --- 12/14/17 10:53 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

How does giving money to native Americans alive today make anything right that happened 200 years ago?

How does punishing someone alive today that had nothing to do with what happened 200 years solve anything?

How do you think the 600 tribes will decide who should be in control?

#1510850 --- 12/14/17 11:03 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

How does giving money to native Americans alive today make anything right that happened 200 years ago?

How does punishing someone alive today that had nothing to do with what happened 200 years solve anything?

1) In exactly the same way that one's estate can legally sue another's estate (and prevail) for past (and ongoing) damages. There is absolutely no fundamental difference between the two.

2) You're not being punished. You're a part of society that has long ago established a system of fairness and recompense, and you benefit today in countless ways by the horrors suffered in the past by the actions of your ancestors. In the absence of you recognizing that undeniable fact, you may feel free to move back to whatever country of origin you derive. See how that works?

3) It's none of my business OR yours, as to how Native Americans choose to govern themselves.

I help pay for YOUR kids to go to school and for your traffic convictions, medical treatments and so on. You seem to believe that you possess no collective community obligations to protect society's members while still reaping all he benefits. I'm telling you that you DO. If that still doesn't meet you approval then you may want to put down stakes in Somalia where no such expectations are to be had.

#1510851 --- 12/14/17 11:09 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
I am not against making good on promises made. Although any effort to personally talk was shoved back years ago. So be it.

If a militia is arming itself, that is much different. That is my/our business.

#1510853 --- 12/14/17 11:32 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

1) In exactly the same way that one's estate can legally sue another's estate (and prevail) for past (and ongoing) damages. There is absolutely no fundamental difference between the two.

2) You're not being punished. You're a part of society that has long ago established a system of fairness and recompense, and you benefit today in countless ways by the horrors suffered in the past by the actions of your ancestors. In the absence of you recognizing that undeniable fact, you may feel free to move back to whatever country of origin you derive. See how that works?

3) It's none of my business OR yours, as to how Native Americans choose to govern themselves.

I help pay for YOUR kids to go to school and for your traffic convictions, medical treatments and so on. You seem to believe that you possess no collective community obligations to protect society's members while still reaping all he benefits. I'm telling you that you DO. If that still doesn't meet you approval then you may want to put down stakes in Somalia where no such expectations are to be had.

First, nobody pays anything of mine. A third of my check is out the window every pay day for fed and state taxes, SS, and health insurance. I pay for my own health insurance. Not you or anybody else. Plus, I don't get anything back for income taxes. Must be nice to suck off the system and not contribute nothing to it.

That's what CIN is doing. They want no 'collective community obligations' but want to reap all the benefits. They want the roads paved and maintained, their kids educated, water lines to their properties, trash picked up, fire protection, police protection, and I'm sure a most are taking welfare benefits. Not to mention the ones that aren't exactly role model citizens in Seneca Falls and Union Springs.

They can't even decide who should be in charge. Big cluster.

I understand what you're saying. You're saying everybody should feel guilty for events that had nothing to do with them. You feel that instead of earning something, it should be given to you because of your ancestry. You feel that if you are white I should be happy that my paycheck funds the dysfunction that happens amongst the tribes such as CIN. My ancestors were not here 200 years ago. Nobody alive today was here 200 years ago. Anything that is received today that had nothing to do with them is exploitation. They are exploiting their ancestors by demanding money and land.

#1510868 --- 12/14/17 03:18 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

First, nobody pays anything of mine. A third of my check is out the window every pay day for fed and state taxes, SS, and health insurance. I pay for my own health insurance. Not you or anybody else. Plus, I don't get anything back for income taxes. Must be nice to suck off the system and not contribute nothing to it.

That's what CIN is doing. They want no 'collective community obligations' but want to reap all the benefits. They want the roads paved and maintained, their kids educated, water lines to their properties, trash picked up, fire protection, police protection, and I'm sure a most are taking welfare benefits. Not to mention the ones that aren't exactly role model citizens in Seneca Falls and Union Springs.

They can't even decide who should be in charge. Big cluster.

I understand what you're saying. You're saying everybody should feel guilty for events that had nothing to do with them. You feel that instead of earning something, it should be given to you because of your ancestry. You feel that if you are white I should be happy that my paycheck funds the dysfunction that happens amongst the tribes such as CIN. My ancestors were not here 200 years ago. Nobody alive today was here 200 years ago. Anything that is received today that had nothing to do with them is exploitation. They are exploiting their ancestors by demanding money and land.

No, you're categorically wrong and you clearly have no idea as to what I'm saying.

If you have children, I foot part of their bill for education and childcare since I have no children. If you've EVER had a a ticket or an accident, I payed increased rates to the insurance pool as a result. Health insurance rates too are subsidized by those with the fewest claims. All insurance, all taxes work in exactly the same manner. You're simply WRONG. So spare everyone your false outrage. Your taxes cover the costs of roads, hospitals, agriculture, medicine, science research, education, civic planning and ALL infrastructure, so don't be obtuse and claim that you get nothing in return. That's a bald-faced lie. Those taxes don't belong to you and they never did. You're "rendering unto Caesar". Read a book for God's sake.

It has nothing to do with guilt, and everything to do with the facts of history. So, you can stow your nonsensical BS about NAs getting something for nothing. Their entire peoples have been forced into their positions of dependance by white man. The rules of social benefits were established by Congress and the US Constitution. They were given no choice in the matter. They neither asked to be assimilated, nor do most want to be. On the contrary. Those of European descent currently benefit ENTIRELY from the sacrifices, and horrors committed on them. To deny that fact only establishes your own greed and selfishness. Talk about sucking off the system. If you don't like the system as it is, go tell it to the white taskmasters that created the system.

How they choose to respect their culture, traditions and forbearers, is absolutely NONE of your (or anyone else's) stinking business.

#1510873 --- 12/14/17 05:20 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
It's none of my business

they sided with the british and lost

do you forget what you type after you type it?

Quote:

the Cayuga land claims

"In the 205 years the Cayuga Indians have been paid 1.63 million dollars. Factoring reasonable interest and inflation these payments have a current equivalent value somewhere between 150 million - 1 billion dollars.

You are your OWN self-fullfilling prophecy. You have no one to blame but yourself.

What a pity.

CHEROKEES and CREEKS (among others TRIBES) in the southern interior and most Iroquois nations in the northern interior provided crucial support to the British war effort. With remarkably few exceptions, Native American support for the British was close to universal.

The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779.

As a Wea Indian complained about the failed military alliance with the British, "In endeavoring to assist you it seems we have wrought our own ruin."

Relying on support from SPANISH COLONISTS in New Orleans as well as assistance from the British at FORT DETROIT, varied native groups continued to resist Anglo-American incursions late into the 19th century.

Most fought with the British, but all lost in the Peace which followed. The Preliminary Articles of Peace of 1782 did not mention the Native Americans at all. Brant was outraged that the British were selling out the tribes.The British failed to set aside areas which were promised by Treaties they had made with the tribes.

Originally Posted By: secure white guy
No Empire lasts forever

Evolve or die

it's irrelevant what the courts decide.

#1510874 --- 12/14/17 05:38 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

I think most wanted to assimilate. Are we forcing them to drive cars, use electric, use computers, use the U.S. justice system, go to colleges and universities on American land, or barter with the U.S. dollar?

Most do so very willingly. Heck, some don't even want to live on the rez.

#1510877 --- 12/14/17 08:01 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Top Dog]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
My out-of-town chief has been been mopping up your messes for too long. Paying for that is the real waste of money.

I am not in any way associated with the CIN. I am 100% European descent, friendo. Keep that hate coming.

#1510878 --- 12/14/17 08:04 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
I think most wanted to assimilate. Are we forcing them to drive cars, use electric, use computers, use the U.S. justice system, go to colleges and universities on American land, or barter with the U.S. dollar?

You are painfully oblivious to reality, history and present.

#1510903 --- 12/15/17 07:46 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Wolf King]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf King

So we are making them assimilate?

So you feel a group like CIN should be able to buy businesses that followed every applicable law and then start making their own rules after they purchase the business?

If these tribes want true sovereignty then they need to stop demanding dirty American money thru lawsuits and welfare. We also need to start enforcing border laws to travel into reservations. Better have a passport to come back into the United States of America. And if you get killed or assaulted. . .oh well. You're not on American soil while visiting the rez.

I wasn't here 200 years ago and nobody here today was either. So, I'm not going to listen to a story of a story of another story told through 200 years of story telling.

#1510918 --- 12/15/17 08:42 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: newsman38]
FLHTCUI-XL1200R Offline

Loc: Fingha Lakes
Sherrill vs Oneida

Opinion of the Court[edit]
Justice Ginsburg delivered the opinion of the Court, reversing and remanding.[1]

Without overturning the Second Circuit's finding that the lands qualified as Indian Territory, Justice Ginsburg held that the Oneida purchase of the land did not revive the tribal sovereignty over the land. Because there was a period of about 200 years during which the tribe had allegedly not sought to regain title, the Court opined that it was too long out of Oneida Nation control to reassert their tribal immunity over those lands as an automatic mechanism.

In addition, since non-Indians now lived on the land, it would pose problems for those people. Justice Ginsburg concluded that the proper way for the Oneida Nation to reassert its immunity over those re-acquired lands was to place the land in US trust under the Department of the Interior, as authorized by the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934. Justice Ginsburg reasoned that the mechanisms behind the IRA would address issues of checker-board jurisdictions and other pertinent issues.[1]

#1510920 --- 12/15/17 08:56 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA

Quote:
50 YEARS PAST THE DEADLINE. . .
WHY ARE INDIAN TRIBES STILL SUING OVER ANCIENT TREATIES?

By Randy V. Thompson, Esq.
Stapleton, Nolan, MacGregor & Thompson
St. Paul, Minnesota
and Brandon Thompson

A Goal Unrealized
This August 13th marks the 50th anniversary of the deadline set by Congress for Indian tribes to sue the United States for grievances arising prior to 1946. Nevertheless, Indian tribes continue to file claims for loss of their treaty rights, loss of land, and other claimed injustices. The special law that allowed Indian tribes to file all claims and then closed the chapter on this part of America's history is now largely forgotten by the courts and the public.
On August 13th, 1946, President Harry S. Truman signed into law the Indian Claims Commission Act. Perhaps one of the most unique tools for judicial intervention in history, this Act created a special judicial body before which American Indian tribes could file claims of all kinds against the United States government. Any claim that any Indian tribe had against the United States, extending back to the American Revolution, could be brought before the Commission. In order to be valid, however, the claims had to be brought within five years of the passage of the Act. Any claims not brought before August 13th, 1951 would be forever barred by the statute. Despite the passage of the deadline, claims that arose from events prior to 1946 continue to be brought by Indian tribes. Congress passed the ICCA in order to allow Indian tribes the opportunity to "have their day in court," but that day has long since passed. The important goal of the Indian Claims Commission has been largely forgotten or ignored, as courts persist in allowing tribal suits. As Congress itself pointed out, the purpose of the Act was to "bring this practice to an end and to settle once and for all every claim [Indian tribes] could possibly have under the categories set forth in the law." Today, a half-century later, the Act's purpose still stands unrealized

#1510923 --- 12/15/17 10:28 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
It's none of my business

they sided with the british and lost

do you forget what you type after you type it?
Quote:
the Cayuga land claims

"In the 205 years the Cayuga Indians have been paid 1.63 million dollars. Factoring reasonable interest and inflation these payments have a current equivalent value somewhere between 150 million - 1 billion dollars.
You are your OWN self-fullfilling prophecy. You have no one to blame but yourself.

What a pity.

CHEROKEES and CREEKS (among others TRIBES) in the southern interior and most Iroquois nations in the northern interior provided crucial support to the British war effort. With remarkably few exceptions, Native American support for the British was close to universal.[/quote[quote=Timbo]
The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779.
As a Wea Indian complained about the failed military alliance with the British, "In endeavoring to assist you it seems we have wrought our own ruin."

Relying on support from SPANISH COLONISTS in New Orleans as well as assistance from the British at FORT DETROIT, varied native groups continued to resist Anglo-American incursions late into the 19th century.
Most fought with the British, but all lost in the Peace which followed. The Preliminary Articles of Peace of 1782 did not mention the Native Americans at all. Brant was outraged that the British were selling out the tribes.The British failed to set aside areas which were promised by Treaties they had made with the tribes.
Originally Posted By: secure white guy
No Empire lasts forever
Evolve or die

it's irrelevant what the courts decide.

Still scraping the tundra for scraps of relevancy, I see...

That a girl! Never let your handicap get in the way of your psychosis.
smirk

#1510924 --- 12/15/17 10:40 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

So you feel a group like CIN should be able to buy businesses that followed every applicable law and then start making their own rules after they purchase the business?

If these tribes want true sovereignty then they need to stop demanding dirty American money thru lawsuits and welfare. We also need to start enforcing border laws to travel into reservations. Better have a passport to come back into the United States of America. And if you get killed or assaulted. . .oh well. You're not on American soil while visiting the rez.

I wasn't here 200 years ago and nobody here today was either. So, I'm not going to listen to a story of a story of another story told through 200 years of story telling.

Why not? they've had to put up with 200 years of genocide, broken treaties and forced assimilations.

Indeed, I DO believe that they should be able to conduct business in precisely the same manner as any sovereign people.

And yes, they most definitely are being forced to assimilate, even today. Multiple recent attempts to remove children from tribal families are just one many examples. It's also a fundamental component to Genocide.

Not listening is so very convenient, isn't it? Does it help you sleep at night?

#1510928 --- 12/15/17 11:50 AM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

Why not? they've had to put up with 200 years of genocide, broken treaties and forced assimilations.

Indeed, I DO believe that they should be able to conduct business in precisely the same manner as any sovereign people.

And yes, they most definitely are being forced to assimilate, even today. Multiple recent attempts to remove children from tribal families are just one many examples. It's also a fundamental component to Genocide.

Not listening is so very convenient, isn't it? Does it help you sleep at night?

I'm listening. I'm just not buying what you're putting out there. Like I said, it sounds like you want every person of European descent to feel guilty for living here today. I'm saying that I will never feel guilty and I do take offense to my money going towards people that choose to segregate themselves from the melting pot. I also take offense to a woman who chooses to use her uterus as a money making machine by having more kids than she could ever afford. She knows that with every kid she will receive bigger and better incentives. Really no incentives to not become a baby maker and suck the system dry.

You're telling me dirty Europeans forced Indians to buy 2 gas stations in SF and Union Springs? You're telling me they are forced to drive cars and receive education from public schools.

Furthermore, we are all forced to assimilate to some degree if you don't want to get left in the past. Sure, you can live like the Amish and not embrace change, modern technology, and ways of living. You can choose to hold onto the values that you cherish. I don't see the white man forcing the Amish to assimilate. They are living their quiet lives without making a big deal about how they are being forced to do things they don't want to do. Good for them and God bless them.

This is why Trump won. Because people are so sick of all these whiners saying everything is racist and going the extra mile to rewrite history. In Syracuse, a bunch of babies/teachers/professors are crying about how Columbus Day is so offensive. Maybe they should be more worried about graduating more than half the class.

At Oberlin College, you have baby administrators and college kid libs that are offended that a bakery owner is trying to reduce theft. The college turned that into a racist story because the 4 black kids assaulted the employee when they were caught stealing. They wanted the bakery to contact the school before pursuing criminal charges. People like you are the reason why people have no respect anymore. They feel they can use their ancestry or skin color to skirt the law. They know there's people out there who support that type of behaviour and will endorse their mediocrity at best.

#1510931 --- 12/15/17 12:25 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
You keep on going and I will post Star Wars spoilers

#1510933 --- 12/15/17 12:53 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: hearallseeall]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

I'm listening. I'm just not buying what you're putting out there. Like I said, it sounds like you want every person of European descent to feel guilty for living here today. I'm saying that I will never feel guilty and I do take offense to my money going towards people that choose to segregate themselves from the melting pot. I also take offense to a woman who chooses to use her uterus as a money making machine by having more kids than she could ever afford. She knows that with every kid she will receive bigger and better incentives. Really no incentives to not become a baby maker and suck the system dry.

You're telling me dirty Europeans forced Indians to buy 2 gas stations in SF and Union Springs? You're telling me they are forced to drive cars and receive education from public schools.

Furthermore, we are all forced to assimilate to some degree if you don't want to get left in the past. Sure, you can live like the Amish and not embrace change, modern technology, and ways of living. You can choose to hold onto the values that you cherish. I don't see the white man forcing the Amish to assimilate. They are living their quiet lives without making a big deal about how they are being forced to do things they don't want to do. Good for them and God bless them.

This is why Trump won. Because people are so sick of all these whiners saying everything is racist and going the extra mile to rewrite history. In Syracuse, a bunch of babies/teachers/professors are crying about how Columbus Day is so offensive. Maybe they should be more worried about graduating more than half the class.

At Oberlin College, you have baby administrators and college kid libs that are offended that a bakery owner is trying to reduce theft. The college turned that into a racist story because the 4 black kids assaulted the employee when they were caught stealing. They wanted the bakery to contact the school before pursuing criminal charges. People like you are the reason why people have no respect anymore. They feel they can use their ancestry or skin color to skirt the law. They know there's people out there who support that type of behaviour and will endorse their mediocrity at best.

Which only confirms my statement that you're in fact, NOT listening, since I already explained matter-of-factly that it has absolutely nothing to do with guilt. It has to do with the facts. And facts are what they are, whether or not you buy [believe] them. Therefore, any notions of 'guilt' or 'dirt' are yours, and yours alone. But hey, you're the one "selling" the fairy tale, so make it as BIG as you want. whistle

Anyone who still believes that "baby-making" in any way, shape or form remotely provides incentive to remain on the doles, is woefully out of touch with current social welfare programs (as if this subject had a damned thing to do with the discussion).

You grouse that NAs don't fall in line, while at the same time complain that they use the tools of 'the system'. Pick a side and stick to it, would you? The Federal government created the current system. If you don't like that system, take it up with them and quite blaming those whom it was forced upon. Bottom line, you're blaming the wrong guys. Plain and simple. You even have the audacity to discount NA history while simultaneiously excusing the history of the European settler's actions. That makes you a bald-faced hypocrite.

Whatever the hell Trump or Oberlin college or uteruses have to do with this issue is anybody's guess, other than the fact that like yourself, most Trump voters are emotionally delicate, uneducated, angry, misogynistic bigots who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions or to base their decisions on compassionate, logical rationalism instead of selfish greed and nationalistic ideology.

And FYI: The Amish are white, they weren't slaughtered to the tune of hundreds of millions of innocent lives, didn't have their land taken away and weren't the indigenous peoples of this continent. You'll also note that they are not required to serve in the military among many other special accomodations provided them. Not to worry though, no one expects YOU to make sense of such nuanced thought.
crazy

#1510937 --- 12/15/17 01:34 PM Re: Cayugas create private police [Re: Timbo]
hearallseeall Offline

Alright. Back to square one.

In order to make this right. Everyone with a European descent needs to move back to where their filthy roots came from.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >