FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1509291 --- 11/19/17 07:48 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
I think that project is all smoke and mirrors. SMI is all setup for it, it just depends on the incinerator ban Seneca Falls has on their books. This may be where Avery joins the 180 Club.

FingerLakes1.com
#1509292 --- 11/19/17 07:49 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Originally Posted By: gassy one
Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Why are landfill alternatives currently being implemented in numerous other nations? Why are we still viewing other people's filth as a source of profit? There are many alternatives, as stated numerous times, but you and your dump chose to ignore them, as they contradict their bottom line.
So are you backing the project at the Depot which is an alternative to landfilling?

Will it close down the dump? Will it stop them from importing other people's rotting filth into that dump? If it would, then yes. But it won't. It's simply another garbage artery for your employer.

#1509293 --- 11/19/17 07:53 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

Why are landfill alternatives currently being implemented in numerous other nations? Why are we still viewing other people's filth as a source of profit? There are many alternatives, as stated numerous times, but you and your dump chose to ignore them, as they contradict their bottom line.
So are you backing the project at the Depot which is an alternative to landfilling?

Will it close down the dump? Will it stop them from importing other people's rotting filth into that dump? If it would, then yes. But it won't. It's simply another garbage artery for your employer.
Sorry! I have no connection to SMI! So you are a hypocrite! You only support alternatives to landfilling when it's in your best interests!

#1509294 --- 11/19/17 07:53 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

LIFE. Screw this capitalist crapshow. Money is an invention of pigs and villains. Love and life are all free. The best things in life are free. You'd sell your own children for a few gold coins. Pathetic.
Try convincing your momma of that. Life ain't free unless you don't eat. So, hotshot give me all your money!

#1509297 --- 11/19/17 07:56 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer

LIFE. Screw this capitalist crapshow. Money is an invention of pigs and villains. Love and life are all free. The best things in life are free. You'd sell your own children for a few gold coins. Pathetic.
Try convincing your momma of that. Life ain't free unless you don't eat. So, hotshot give me all your money!

I have feeling I already do through my tax dollars.

#1509301 --- 11/19/17 07:58 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Sorry! I have no connection to SMI! So you are a hypocrite! You only support alternatives to landfilling when it's in your best interests!

Yeah, I'm sure you don't. Just like I'm sure that project doesn't. If you believe that facility would shut down the dump you're asleep at the wheel.

#1509302 --- 11/19/17 07:58 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

Do the math the incinerator has a capacity of about 1 million tons a year, SMI is permitted for 1.8 million tons per year. So even if they couldn't find new customers they wouldn't close.

Edited by Hello_Governer (11/19/17 07:59 PM)

#1509305 --- 11/19/17 08:03 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

Yeah, I'm sure you don't. Just like I'm sure that project doesn't. If you believe that facility would shut down the dump you're asleep at the wheel.

Never said it would! SMI will be done in ten years! The more alternative projects such as the Depot the less need for landfilling!

#1509319 --- 11/19/17 08:20 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Hello_Governer]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
I am amazed how this discussion about a solid waste to energy plant at the Depot was hijacked by a discussion and name calling about Seneca Meadows.

Let's get back to the issue, "as good and as needed as this project is, is the hamlet of Romulus the right place for it; what are other possible locations, what will the impacts on tourism, wineries and economic development when the trains start?"

#1509321 --- 11/19/17 08:24 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]
Hello_Governer Offline

Well why don't you start at the beginning. You may find the second post has an alternative location. Then read what was just said, SMI is all set up for an incinerator.

#1509322 --- 11/19/17 08:30 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]
gassy one Offline

I think it is the perfect place for it! If it can generate steam and produce low cost power that would be a big plus for jobs and economic growth at the Depot! The garbage would come in sealed containers and look no different than box cars. I would like to see if they are pulling out the recyclables before they burn it or not! Burning without the recyclables in would be much cleaner! Unfortunately there is no profits to be made in recyclables right now!

#1509323 --- 11/19/17 08:32 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Hello_Governer]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Aw, come on Gov, do you really expect people to read all this stuff ? Everybody likes to jump in anywhere and show how smart they are.

#1509325 --- 11/19/17 08:34 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

I think it is the perfect place for it! If it can generate steam and produce low cost power that would be a big plus for jobs and economic growth at the Depot! The garbage would come in sealed containers and look no different than box cars. I would like to see if they are pulling out the recyclables before they burn it or not! Burning without the recyclables in would be much cleaner! Unfortunately there is no profits to be made in recyclables right now!

No such thing as "sealed" containers. I've smelled those trains. They REEK.

#1509327 --- 11/19/17 08:36 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Hello_Governer Offline

What would be cool is when all the empty containers go through Seneca Falls and then the people can see how much money they missed out on.

#1509328 --- 11/19/17 08:36 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

No more than a pig or dairy farm!

#1509329 --- 11/19/17 08:40 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

No such thing as "sealed" containers. I've smelled those trains. They REEK.
You watch too many videos, you haven't really seen the containers.

#1509331 --- 11/19/17 08:53 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Hello_Governer]
gassy one Offline

He's only in favor of alternatives if they meet his own personal agenda!

#1509332 --- 11/19/17 09:26 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
all seeing eye Offline

They are pulling metals after the incinerator.

Nothing in the permit application about pre-sort.

#1509334 --- 11/19/17 09:30 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
all seeing eye Offline

Sorry, the rural roads and rails through tourism, wineries and other high value economic projects make this site problematic. If waste could magically appear, I might agree with you....but this is not the place.

#1509338 --- 11/19/17 10:26 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: Top Dog

Hey nice language. Won't miss you when you are gone.

As usual, no plan. Think before you post.

Aww, poor thing. Did my language offend you? Sorry, snowflake. You don't have a right to not be offended.

Keep it up with the foul language. You will be out of here soon.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >