FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1509184 --- 11/18/17 06:00 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Hey, Chacho, one community having no repercussions for the waste they create and another community being burdened with it all dumped on them is immoral and unjust. And I don't care about most of the landfills. We're talking about the Seneca Meadows landfill which i not owned by the municipality. Not even close. As for the Ontario County dump, it may be owned by the county, but it's still operated by a private company. So get used to my FACTS because the only one I see whining like a lonely old man with nothing better to do is YOU.

FingerLakes1.com
#1509188 --- 11/18/17 07:42 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Wrong again. I, and many others, have offered alternatives for years and years. We have even laid them plain in step-by-step, workable plans. Problem is people don't want to hear them. They are not profitable to the dump interests and place people and families over the interests of the trash overlords. So they pretend they never did. Angry old men like you two would rather sit on these forums 24/7 and fart and complain and defend the status quo. The alternatives we offer require a change of this outdated, wasteful, and altogether miserable mindset so many of you types have. It requires communities being held responsible for their own garbage. It requires people with education in the field to be responsible for overseeing decisions, not retired barbers and jail guards, and construction laborers. It requires getting off the teet of your dump pimp.

Long story short, the alternatives we offer are beyond your ability to comprehend.
The alternatives you and other so called activist offer are not workable and stupid at best! If you think Zero waste plans are workable you're in fantasy land! People aren't going to recycle! To lazy and don't care! Their mindset is out of sight out of mind!

#1509189 --- 11/18/17 07:43 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

Hey, Chacho, one community having no repercussions for the waste they create and another community being burdened with it all dumped on them is immoral and unjust. And I don't care about most of the landfills. We're talking about the Seneca Meadows landfill which i not owned by the municipality. Not even close. As for the Ontario County dump, it may be owned by the county, but it's still operated by a private company. So get used to my FACTS because the only one I see whining like a lonely old man with nothing better to do is YOU.
I don't think you know what a fact is! Most activists have no clue!

#1509206 --- 11/18/17 08:41 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Sure, but there are 30 trains cars/day with 4 trailer sized "sealed" containers coming in, along Seneca Lake probably from Geneva.

Moving to train transport simply shifts the objections.

This proposal irritates residents on both sides of the Depot and, potentially, both sides of the lake, depending on where the trains originate.

I would rather see garbage transported by rail than truck! 30 railcars a day is nothing!

#1509209 --- 11/18/17 10:03 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Wrong again. I, and many others, have offered alternatives for years and years. We have even laid them plain in step-by-step, workable plans. Problem is people don't want to hear them. They are not profitable to the dump interests and place people and families over the interests of the trash overlords. So they pretend they never did. Angry old men like you two would rather sit on these forums 24/7 and fart and complain and defend the status quo. The alternatives we offer require a change of this outdated, wasteful, and altogether miserable mindset so many of you types have. It requires communities being held responsible for their own garbage. It requires people with education in the field to be responsible for overseeing decisions, not retired barbers and jail guards, and construction laborers. It requires getting off the teet of your dump pimp.

Long story short, the alternatives we offer are beyond your ability to comprehend.
The alternatives you and other so called activist offer are not workable and stupid at best! If you think Zero waste plans are workable you're in fantasy land! People aren't going to recycle! To lazy and don't care! Their mindset is out of sight out of mind!

And therein lies the problem. Great for your dump's bottom line, terrible for the community.

#1509210 --- 11/18/17 10:04 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Sure, but there are 30 trains cars/day with 4 trailer sized "sealed" containers coming in, along Seneca Lake probably from Geneva.

This proposal irritates residents on both sides of the Depot and, potentially, both sides of the lake, depending on where the trains originate.

I would rather see garbage transported by rail than truck! 30 railcars a day is nothing!

You'd rather snap to attention like a good little boy every time your dump snap's its fingers. Jump, boy. DO IT, BOY.

#1509211 --- 11/18/17 10:12 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Name calling and ridicule. That's a pleasant change.

The alternative plan is?

#1509212 --- 11/19/17 01:12 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Top Dog]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Dog

The alternative plan is?

Oh, get a life. That's all these two or three posters do is name-call and belittle others on these forums. You know how many times Gov and Woodchuck have called me "idiot"? Yet when someone gives them a shot of their own medicine it's "Whaaaaa stop calling me names!" You wanna dish it you better have the cojones to take it. Talk about "snowflakes". Check out a mirror.

People have given the alternative plan countless times over the years. Don't ask for the alternative if you plan on immediately sticking your head up your ass when it's told to you.

#1509223 --- 11/19/17 04:27 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
sky's the limit Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
I see a lot of bickering in this and other landfill threads (which eventually all threads it seems turns into), why is it ok for 1 group of people to push their views and not the other? Seems to me this forum is about being able to voice each one person(s) opinion is what it was built for, so why all the name calling and education level bashing? I have my opinions, and most of the time I keep them to myself, rather than be the object of some other peoples ridicule and forth coming nonsense.

Why not just take a step back look around? I see valid points from both sides, maybe if we take all the VALID arguments to the table and hash them out in a productive manner this would get better between the two (or more) sides. As I see it, none of this name calling and other nonsense has worked thus far, why not try a different approach? JMO

#1509224 --- 11/19/17 05:30 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: sky's the limit]
scwoodchuck Online   content

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
The problem here is that some people refuse to acknowledge that recycling has been mandatory for decades. Composting is really easy to do but it is inconvenient and time consuming. Composting is also unsanitary and a serious health risk when not done properly. The landfill has been accused of causing health problems which has never been proven. Also all the propaganda about contamination is totally false. So the argument has shifted to unsightly mountains, truck traffic and a community being dumping ground for other people's garbage. All of which is going to happen someplace else no matter what. Someone needs to admit that they are wrong and that will never happen. Without personal accountability(using real names) that is highly unlikely.

The name-calling and bickering usually starts with the anti-landfill crowd because they are loosing.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/19/17 05:34 AM)

#1509227 --- 11/19/17 05:49 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog

Hey nice language. Won't miss you when you are gone.

As usual, no plan. Think before you post.

#1509265 --- 11/19/17 06:50 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

You'd rather snap to attention like a good little boy every time your dump snap's its fingers. Jump, boy. DO IT, BOY.
That's why people like you have no credibility! The facts aren't in your favor and you know it so the only thing you can resort to is attack the messenger!

#1509266 --- 11/19/17 06:54 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

GTT

The alternative plan is?

Oh, get a life. That's all these two or three posters do is name-call and belittle others on these forums. You know how many times Gov and Woodchuck have called me "idiot"? Yet when someone gives them a shot of their own medicine it's "Whaaaaa stop calling me names!" You wanna dish it you better have the cojones to take it. Talk about "snowflakes". Check out a mirror.

People have given the alternative plan countless times over the years. Don't ask for the alternative if you plan on immediately sticking your head up your ass when it's told to you.
The problem is your so called alternative plans have no chance of working and aren't supported by facts! People like you just throw ideas out there and hope they stick!

#1509267 --- 11/19/17 06:58 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

The alternative plan is?

People have put a real alternative to landfilling with the Depot proposal but you know the anti landfill people are going to jump all over it!

#1509279 --- 11/19/17 07:24 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Top Dog]
Wolf King Offline

Hey nice language. Won't miss you when you are gone.

As usual, no plan. Think before you post.

Aww, poor thing. Did my language offend you? Sorry, snowflake. You don't have a right to not be offended.

#1509280 --- 11/19/17 07:26 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Why are landfill alternatives currently being implemented in numerous other nations? Why are we still viewing other people's filth as a source of profit? There are many alternatives, as stated numerous times, but you and your dump chose to ignore them, as they contradict their bottom line.

#1509284 --- 11/19/17 07:37 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Why are landfill alternatives currently being implemented in numerous other nations? Why are we still viewing other people's filth as a source of profit? There are many alternatives, as stated numerous times, but you and your dump chose to ignore them, as they contradict their bottom line.
Name one thing that comes without a pricetag.

#1509286 --- 11/19/17 07:42 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

So are you backing the project at the Depot which is an alternative to landfilling?

#1509287 --- 11/19/17 07:45 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

You obviously haven't read my posts from many years on here have you? I have never been in favor of landfilling! Garbage is to valuable of a commodity to bury in the ground!

#1509289 --- 11/19/17 07:48 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
Name one thing that comes without a pricetag.

LIFE. Screw this capitalist crapshow. Money is an invention of pigs and villains. Love and life are all free. The best things in life are free. You'd sell your own children for a few gold coins. Pathetic.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >