FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1509008 --- 11/16/17 10:32 PM alternative to landfilling
gassy one Offline

This is what should be done with garbage instead of burying it!

http://fingerlakes1.com/2017/11/16/romul...of-possibility/

FingerLakes1.com
#1509016 --- 11/17/17 07:10 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
scwoodchuck Online   content

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Gee, wonder where that idea came from ?

https://youtu.be/-Hrn76I9I3M

The anti-landfill people can't come up with a realistic alternative to landfills but smart people realize zero waste is a pipe dream. Instead of hating New York City we should follow their lead.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/17/17 07:15 AM)

#1509050 --- 11/17/17 10:20 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]

Seneca Meadows has been fighting the local law because it has a BAN on all solid waste facilities. Seneca Falls may miss out on a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.

#1509069 --- 11/17/17 03:17 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
the sound was too garbled to understand. What is NYC doing that is so good?

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

The anti-landfill people can't come up with a realistic alternative to landfills but smart people realize zero waste is a pipe dream. Instead of hating New York City we should follow their lead.

#1509071 --- 11/17/17 03:39 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
crazy

#1509077 --- 11/17/17 05:56 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest

Realistic alternatives to landfills have been posted on this forum for years and years. You choose to ignore them. And don't even pretend like you don't hate "liberal" NYC anyway.

#1509080 --- 11/17/17 06:33 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Listened again and could understand.

I have to agree that this is a good technology....the location stinks. Route 96 and the rinky dinky railway from Geneva to the Depot are not made for this traffic.

Saying they are used to the volume from 17 years ago when the Depot was open simply ignores the reality that those tracks are not suited.

Also, when the project is fully implemented, the trash is coming by truck, according to the proposal, and will be transloaded to trains at a customer service center....but where?

So let's move it to some place more suitable.

#1509084 --- 11/17/17 07:41 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]
gassy one Offline

The way I read it is once the rail infrastructure is in place the trucks will be minimal!

#1509093 --- 11/17/17 08:03 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]

Originally Posted By: gassy one
The way I read it is once the rail infrastructure is in place the trucks will be minimal!
the trucks will most likely be local from short distance locations. Besides there is no way the thing is going to that location because they would have bought the depot a long time ago. Remember when they tried to use it for Hurricane sandy in 2012

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/17/17 08:09 PM)

#1509095 --- 11/17/17 08:06 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: scwoodchuck]
gassy one Offline

When I worked for Casella we did a lot of work on gasification! Last I knew there was a million dollar gasifier in storage at the Ontario County landfill!

#1509098 --- 11/17/17 08:17 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: all seeing eye]

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye

I have to agree that this is a good technology....the location stinks. Route 96 and the rinky dinky railway from Geneva to the Depot are not made for this traffic.

Saying they are used to the volume from 17 years ago when the Depot was open simply ignores the reality that those tracks are not suited.

Also, when the project is fully implemented, the trash is coming by truck, according to the proposal, and will be transloaded to trains at a customer service center....but where?

read the comments at the bottom of the video, he said he goofed and meant to say Route 14 at Route 318 at the Geneva Thruway exit. The railroad is right there.

#1509106 --- 11/17/17 08:45 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
all seeing eye Offline

Sure, but there are 30 trains cars/day with 4 trailer sized "sealed" containers coming in, along Seneca Lake probably from Geneva.

Moving to train transport simply shifts the objections.

This proposal irritates residents on both sides of the Depot and, potentially, both sides of the lake, depending on where the trains originate.

#1509107 --- 11/17/17 08:49 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Sorry, I thought he said 414 at 318. We are (amazingly) in agreement after all these years. That's a good spot that does not impact residents. Ontario county will love it.

Originally Posted By: all seeing eye

read the comments at the bottom of the video, he said he goofed and meant to say Route 14 at Route 318 at the Geneva Thruway exit. The railroad is right there.

#1509109 --- 11/17/17 09:21 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one

And I have ocean front property on Salcman Road to sell you. You believe that, you'll believe anything. It's just another artery for stinking filth, plain and simple.

#1509111 --- 11/17/17 10:41 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

You are the king of stupid remarks! You are critical of everything but offer no alternatives! Probably because you have no clue what you are talking about! Just another idiot!

#1509121 --- 11/18/17 05:11 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]

Wolfy is just another fool pretending he knows how to SAVE THE PLANET. He should realize that it is the people who were trying to save the planet that came up with mega landfills in the first place. grin

#1509144 --- 11/18/17 11:54 AM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Wrong again. I, and many others, have offered alternatives for years and years. We have even laid them plain in step-by-step, workable plans. Problem is people don't want to hear them. They are not profitable to the dump interests and place people and families over the interests of the trash overlords. So they pretend they never did. Angry old men like you two would rather sit on these forums 24/7 and fart and complain and defend the status quo. The alternatives we offer require a change of this outdated, wasteful, and altogether miserable mindset so many of you types have. It requires communities being held responsible for their own garbage. It requires people with education in the field to be responsible for overseeing decisions, not retired barbers and jail guards, and construction laborers. It requires getting off the teet of your dump pimp.

Long story short, the alternatives we offer are beyond your ability to comprehend.

#1509149 --- 11/18/17 01:51 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
I suppose you think Chuck and I should go bowling or something. None of the alternatives you offer are safe, easy, sanitary or economically feasible. Go plant a tree.

#1509177 --- 11/18/17 04:40 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

They are. Just not to your employer. Problem is you have to place people above profit, and you and your ilk are utterly incapable of such a feat.

#1509179 --- 11/18/17 05:26 PM Re: alternative to landfilling [Re: Wolf King]

Originally Posted By: Wolf King
They are. Just not to your employer. Problem is you have to place people above profit, and you and your ilk are utterly incapable of such a feat.
Hey, Chico, today's LANDFILLS are a direct result of the Environmental movement of the 60s and 70s. They are designed and operated the way the EPA & DEC require by law. And in case you didn't know the laws were written by environmental lawyers like Robert Kennedy Jr. Most of these landfills are owned by municipalities, like Ontario County. So quit your WHINING.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >