FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1508975 --- 11/16/17 11:38 AM Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

By Leeann Tweeden

In December of 2006, I embarked on my ninth USO Tour to entertain our troops, my eighth to the Middle East since the 9/11 attacks. My father served in Vietnam and my then-boyfriend (and now husband, Chris) is a pilot in the Air Force, so bringing a ‘little piece of home’ to service members stationed far away from their families was both my passion and my privilege.

Also on the trip were country music artists Darryl Worley, Mark Wills, Keni Thomas, and some cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys. The headliner was comedian and now-senator, Al Franken.

Franken had written some skits for the show and brought props and costumes to go along with them. Like many USO shows before and since, the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.

Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldn’t kiss me on the lips.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

FingerLakes1.com
#1508977 --- 11/16/17 11:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

UPDATE: Al Franken issues statement on groping allegation

Los Angeles radio host says it happened on 2006 USO tour.
Posted: Nov. 16, 2017 10:22 AM
Updated: Nov. 16, 2017 11:47 AM
Posted By: Mike Bunge
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A Los Angeles radio host says Democratic Sen. Al Franken forcibly kissed her during a 2006 USO tour. The host says Franken posed for a photo with his hands on her breasts as she slept.

Leeann Tweeden accuses Minnesota's Franken in an essay on the website of California radio station KABC, where she anchors a morning talk show. Tweeden says Franken wrote a skit for the pair during a 2006 USO tour to the Middle East and insisted they practice a kiss during rehearsal.

Tweeden says she tried to resist but says Franken forced himself on her and stuck his tongue in her mouth.

Senator Franken issued the following statement in response.

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

“While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

“I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

“And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”
http://www.kimt.com/content/news/Woman-accuses-Al-Franken-of-groping-her-458001163.html

This scumbag needs to Resign!

#1508978 --- 11/16/17 12:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/1...oped-her-244976

Franken apologized. Will Moore apologize? Will Trump apologize to the 16 women that accused him?

#1508980 --- 11/16/17 12:19 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Trump is the biggest scumbag and sexual pervert in government! And he is supposed to be setting the example for our country! He should be the moral leader of our county. Instead he is the most immoral president we have ever had. I find it hard to believe that all Americans cannot see that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/36033...trump-of-sexual

McConnell dodges on if he believes women who accused Trump of sexual harassment

By Rebecca Savransky - 11/14/17 03:05 PM EST

Trump said last month the allegations against him — many of which emerged during the campaign after the leak of a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape in which he is heard making lewd comments about women — are "made-up stuff."

"All I can say is it's totally fake news — just fake," he said. "It's fake, it's made-up stuff. And it's disgraceful what happens."

At least 11 women came forward to accuse Trump of unwanted touching and kissing last year.

Edited by kyle585 (11/16/17 03:13 PM)

#1508982 --- 11/16/17 01:57 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

If someone is a rapist, and if said rapists apologizes, it’s okay with you.

#1508984 --- 11/16/17 02:14 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I love the spin on your consistent hypocrisy, a rapist,pedophile or unwanted groping is wrong but your ignorance makes the attempt to focus on what you choose to see and accept. Tell us now son, is Roy Moore a pedophile? Your lack of a pointed response speaks volumes as to why you're a lying hypocrite. grin

#1508985 --- 11/16/17 02:19 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

We all know why the village idiot they call POTUS fails to weigh in on the topic, another sexual predator with a sordid past which can instantly resurface at the drop of a hat if he opens his ignorant mouth.

#1508990 --- 11/16/17 03:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
We all know why the village idiot they call POTUS fails to weigh in on the topic, another sexual predator with a sordid past which can instantly resurface at the drop of a hat if he opens his ignorant mouth.
I would love to see some of the 16 accusers of Trump put out a statement now saying Trump isn't speaking out about Roy Moore because what he did to us is very similar to what Roy Moore did. Trump said he was going to sue us all after he became president but that isn't happening. That should tell you something.

#1508992 --- 11/16/17 03:54 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...p-a7353876.html

Ivanka host the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, he turned to the then-Miss Universe and asked: “Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?”

That anecdote, told to the New York Times by Brook Antoinette Mahealani Lee, appears to be the first recorded incident of the Republican presidential candidate and reality TV star making comments about his daughter’s body which those present have deemed inappropriate.

In the almost 20 years since, Mr Trump has called his eldest daughter “voluptuous”. He’s said it’s OK to describe her as “a piece of ass”, though she is a senior executive in his business empire. And he’s said that, if she wasn’t his daughter, “perhaps [he’d] be dating her”.

On the Dr Oz show, September 2016

The Republican was discussing long-awaited details about his health, and was joined on stage for the pre-record by Ivanka. After they kissed, the host commented: “It’s nice to see a dad kiss his daughter.”

According to several studio witnesses, Mr Trump replied that he kisses Ivanka “with every chance [he] gets”. The comment was apparently edited out of the final cut of the show when it went to air.

#1508993 --- 11/16/17 04:32 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-accused-rape-attempted-rape-162434352.html

Former Alabama judge Roy Moore appears to be losing his shot at a seat in the U.S. Senate that was previously a near-guaranteed win. This follows numerous accusations of inappropriate behavior, including making sexual advances on a 14-year-old girl.

The allegations arrived during a watershed moment in the country, as victims speak out in droves against powerful and dangerous offenders. But one man apparently slipped through the cracks just before America began this reckoning. Despite facing a flurry of allegations, Donald Trump became president.

Trump has been accused of rape and attempted rape a total of three times, once involving an alleged victim who was a year younger than Moore's accuser.

In 1994, Trump took a 13-year-old girl to a party with Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire who was a notorious registered sex offender, and raped her that night in what was a "savage sexual attack," according to a lawsuit filed in June 2016 by "Jane Doe." The account was corroborated by a witness in the suit, who claimed to have watched as the child performed various sexual acts on Trump and Epstein even after the two were advised she was a minor.

"Immediately following this rape Defendant Trump threatened me that, were I ever to reveal any of the details of Defendant Trump’s sexual and physical abuse of me, my family and I would be physically harmed if not killed," Jane Doe wrote in the lawsuit, filed in New York.

The lawsuit was dropped in November 2016, just four days before the election, with Jane Doe's attorneys citing "numerous threats" against her.

During a court deposition, Ivana Trump—Donald's first wife and mother to Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka—accused the president of raping her in 1989. The private account was described in former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III’s 1993 book, Lost Tycoon. It details the alleged "violent assault," in which Trump pulled out fistfuls of his ex-wife’s hair after receiving a painful operation on his scalp.

"He jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months," Hurt wrote. "Ivana is terrified.… According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidants, 'he raped me.'"

Ivana walked back her allegations against Trump after his lawyers insisted she write the following statement at the beginning of her book, according to The New York Times: "During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

A former Trump business associate, Jill Harth, claimed in a 1997 lawsuit the New York real estate mogul “attempted rape” and groped her without her consent on various occasions. In the suit, Harth described a violent encounter at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, in which Trump allegedly threw her against the wall of one of his children’s bedrooms before lifting up her dress.

"It was a shocking thing to have him do this, because he knew I was with George [her partner], he knew they were in the next room," she recalled in an October 2016 interview with The Guardian. "How could he be doing this when I'm there for business?"

In the pre-election interview, Harth maintained her allegations against Trump despite having withdrawn her lawsuit against him after he settled a separate suit her partner filed over a business dispute.

Trump has denied all three of these accusations. He said that Harth’s claims were "meritless" and that accusations of him raping a minor were "categorically false" and "politically motivated." Michael Cohen, his former lawyer and top aide, defended him against Ivana Trump’s claims, saying, "By the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

The president has also been accused of sexual harassment or assault by at least 16 women.

Trump has continued his denials in office, with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee repeatedly telling reporters every accusation against him is a flat-out lie. He’s also used a press conference in the White House Rose Garden to lambast his accusers, saying in October, "All I can say is it’s totally fake news."

He added, "It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff. It's disgraceful what happens, but that happens in the—that happens in the world of politics."

#1508994 --- 11/16/17 04:42 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pentagon-retweet-call-trump-resign-was-accidental-n821556

WASHINGTON — Oops! The Pentagon says it accidentally retweeted a tweet that urged President Donald Trump to resign.

Without mentioning the content of the original tweet, a Pentagon spokesman, Col. Rob Manning, said it "would not be endorsed by the Department of Defense."

The tweet was posted Thursday by a person whose Twitter handle is @ProudResister. It said, "The solution is simple. Roy Moore: Step down from the race. Al Franken: Resign from congress. Donald Trump: Resign from the presidency. GOP: Stop making sexual assault a partisan issue. It's a crime as is your hypocrisy."

#1508998 --- 11/16/17 07:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle? Remember master kyle, this is accuser number two.

BREAKING: Second Frankel Accuser Comes Forward; Libs DEMAND His Resignation

November 16, 2017 By Calvin Freiburger

As you’ve no doubt heard by now, the big news of the day is that Democrat Minnesota Senator and former far-left “comedian” Al Franken allegedly sexually assaulted Los Angeles News anchor Leeann Tweeden during a 2006 USO tour. Like in the Roy Moore case, we don’t have proof that Franken grabbed her for an unwanted kiss, but unlike the Moore case, Tweeden produced a photograph of Franken groping her breasts while she was asleep.

Franken has responded by apologizing for the photo, claiming not to remember Tweeden’s other allegations, welcoming an ethics investigation into the matter, and swearing that he’s still totally an “ally and supporter” of women. (Because to the Left, “supporting women” doesn’t actually mean treating them with dignity; it just means abortion.)

But his problems may just be beginning, because there’s already a second accuser following Tweeden’s lead. Media Equalizer co-founder Melanie Morgan is accusing Franken of harassing her.
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaki...and-resignation

Edited by ThomasDecker (11/16/17 07:18 PM)

#1508999 --- 11/16/17 07:27 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
I would love to see some of the 16 accusers of Trump put out a statement now saying Trump isn't speaking out about Roy Moore because what he did to us is very similar to what Roy Moore did. Trump said he was going to sue us all after he became president but that isn't happening. That should tell you something.

Thus the reason Trump is so quiet but unfortunately a few dullards here wish to deflect from the main issue, a dysfunctional President who has systemically caused an avalanche of dirt digging on both sides of the aisles and once the dirty laundry is exposed, Trump and his surrogates will be taken down, along with any other entity guilty of any inappropriate actions.

Only fools such as Tommy boy continues the childish Liberal/Conservative nonsense.

#1509000 --- 11/16/17 07:41 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle? Remember master kyle, this is accuser number two.
Oh I think he should resign. Right after Trump resigns with his 16 accusers.

#1509001 --- 11/16/17 07:45 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

But his problems may just be beginning,because there’s already a second accuser following Tweeden’s lead. Media Equalizer co-founder Melanie Morgan is accusing Franken of harassing her.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaki...and-resignation
Are you sure there is a second accuser? Your link doesn't work.

#1509002 --- 11/16/17 07:45 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Resign before impeachment? laugh

#1509003 --- 11/16/17 07:48 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1509004 --- 11/16/17 08:07 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Oh I think he should resign. Right after Trump resigns with his 16 accusers.

HMMMM 15 minutes while repairing his link, he's quiet...I guess if Franken goes to jail, automatically the same verdict falls on Trump and Moore

#1509009 --- 11/17/17 01:53 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/trump-roy-moore-scandal-245559

Donald Trump loves nothing more than a good controversy. But the president isn’t touching the Alabama Senate race, the biggest talker in American politics right now.

Resisting the entreaties of GOP leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Trump has steered conspicuously clear of the firestorm surrounding Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate accused of pursuing, and in some cases harassing, teenage girls.

Trump’s absence from the race has compounded GOP worries the party is about to lose a seat it has no business relinquishing to Democrats. Republicans say a denunciation of Moore from Trump, a beloved figure in Alabama despite his problems elsewhere, offers the only hope of keeping the seat in the party’s hands.

But Trump sees nothing but negatives in getting involved, according to three White House aides, who say they consider the options laid out by McConnell and his team far-fetched. Many Alabama Republicans are also beginning to view the race as a referendum on McConnell and the Republican establishment more broadly, and Trump’s advisers say they fear any White House intervention is likely to backfire.

At the same time, Trump’s refusal to confront the disaster playing out in his own party is not without risk, and the president may face accusations that he abdicated his authority at a critical time for the GOP, which faces an uphill battle in next year’s midterm elections.

The tension between the White House and Republican leadership has underscored the desperate nature of the situation. Moore has refused to step aside even as accusations of sexual impropriety pile up against him. The Alabama Republican Party has stuck by him, and the state’s governor isn’t providing any relief to frustrated D.C. Republicans, either.

“I think the president is rightly being advised to stay out of this for now,” said a source close to the president and familiar with White House thinking.

“The president believes that these allegations are troubling and should be taken seriously, and he thinks that the people of Alabama should make the decision on who their next senator should be,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters Thursday.

Trump’s reluctance stems in part from the fact that, from the White House’s perspective, they are confronting a host of bad options. McConnell and his aides on Thursday were furiously assembling a memo for White House chief of staff John Kelly laying out various avenues for legal recourse to pre-empt the Dec. 12 runoff between Moore and Democrat Doug Jones — or to keep Moore out of the Senate if he wins that race, which GOP leaders consider an increasingly remote possibility.

Trump’s advisers view many of these options with skepticism. Beyond that, White House advisers have come to believe that the involvement of Washington Republicans has become counterproductive.

“This is a guy where, the more people do in D.C., the less of a desired outcome one has a chance of getting,” said a senior White House aide.

Sanders said Thursday that the president finds the allegations against Moore “disturbing.”

“If those do happen to be true, then he should step aside,” Sanders said, adding that the president supported the Republican National Committee’s decision to sever its joint fundraising agreement with the Moore campaign.

But the president himself has studiously avoided the matter.

The latest option floated by McConnell and his team to push Moore out of the race is for interim Alabama Sen. Luther Strange to step down. They say that would trigger trigger a new special election that would pre-empt the Moore-Jones contest next month.

But Strange and state officials in Alabama rejected that idea out of hand. “I don’t think that’s even an option,” Strange said. “Not legal, and the governor said she wouldn’t move [the election] anyway.”

Alabama officials also waved off the possibility, saying that, were Strange to resign, his replacement would serve only until the Dec. 12 election. According to Alabama secretary of state Jim Merrill, “The person that succeeded him would have six or seven weeks to serve in that role. He was not elected by the people, he was appointed as the temporary successor.”

On Thursday, McConnell and his aides were scrambling to identify other options available to Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, though local officials dismissed the idea that she would employ them.

Under Alabama law, the governor has the power to call a special election, and legal experts disagree about whether she could call another special election while the current one is ongoing — though it may not matter.

Ronald Krotoszynski Jr., a professor of law at the University of Alabama, said Ivey has the power to delay the special election until a date of her choosing. But Ivey was unlikely to move the election, he said, because she is running for reelection and faces a primary in which many of Moore’s supporters will vote.

“I think her options legally are pretty wide,” he said. But, he noted, Ivey is “on the ballot in the late spring of 2018, and she’s going to face these same Republican voters.”

And local officials say Ivey is not considering postponing the election. “I can tell you that is not a discussion that will receive any more attention for the rest of this cycle,” said Merrill, the secretary of state.

Ivey has already shown reluctance to intervene in the race, which has become a source of frustration for McConnell and his team.

“The election date is set for Dec. 12. Were he to resign I would simply appoint somebody to fill the remaining time until we have the election on Dec. 12,” Ivey told AL.com in response to an inquiry about how she would respond were Strange to resign.

The Alabama Republican Party continues to stand by Moore even as national Republicans have abandoned him en masse. The party’s steering committee met Wednesday evening and said in a statement afterward that the party “trusts the voters as they make the ultimate decision in this crucial race.”

A Fox News poll released Thursday evening showed Jones with an 8-point lead over Moore.

White House aides have dismissed the options presented by McConnell and the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Last week, Vice President Mike Pence and his chief of staff, Nick Ayers, as well as congressional liaison Marc Short and presidential adviser Kellyanne Conway, were seriously weighing the idea of a write-in candidacy.

But they have since concluded the idea — which would have required the resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the only Alabama Republican with the name ID to launch a write-in campaign — is not feasible.

“McConnell has pushed for a lot of things that have not turned out to be based in fact or law,” said the senior White House aide.

#1509010 --- 11/17/17 02:07 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-r...4b0162c043a7212

A Running List Of The Women Who’ve Accused Donald Trump Of Sexual Assault

All their stories in one place.
By Catherine Pearson, Emma Gray, and Alanna Vagianos

#1509019 --- 11/17/17 07:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle?
I bet most of the 16 women Trump abused think he should step down.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/al-franken-acc...topstories.html

Tweeden said she was inspired by Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., sharing her account of sexual assault as a young congressional aide.

“That happened to me...that was my sign. I think if I don't speak up now, I'm going to forever hold that and keep it with me forever. That was my moment to speak up,” Tweeden said.

She went on, “I didn't do this to have him step down. I think Al Franken does a lot of good things in the Senate.

#1509020 --- 11/17/17 08:02 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-tweet-condemning-al-085949308.html

Trump's Tweet Condemning Al Franken Assault Allegations Backfires Spectacularly
HuffPost Rebecca Shapiro,HuffPost 4 hours ago

President Donald Trump, who was infamously caught on tape bragging about groping women, was attacked on Twitter Thursday night over his criticism of Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who is facing allegations of sexual assault.

Anchorwoman Leann Tweeden said on Thursday that Franken groped and kissed her without her consent during a USO tour in 2006.

Responses piled up within seconds, calling the president a hypocrite for attacking Franken while more than a dozen women have accused Trump himself of sexual assault. Critics also took issue with the president’s condemnations in the face of his silence on Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing mounting allegations that he preyed on underage girls when he was in his 30s.

Edited by kyle585 (11/17/17 08:02 AM)

#1509021 --- 11/17/17 08:03 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Arindrajit Dube @arindube

Groper-in-chief offers us his expert opinion about the dynamics of groping. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931357870024687616
10:55 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509022 --- 11/17/17 08:04 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Judd Legum
✔
@JuddLegum

Ninni Laaksonen
Jessica Drake
Karena Virginia
Cathy Heller
Summer Zervos
Kristin Anderson
Jessica Leeds
Rachel Crooks
Mindy McGillivray
Natasha Stoynoff
Jennifer Murphy
Cassandra Searles
Temple Taggart McDowell
Jill [url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW][url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW][url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW]Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW[/url][/url][/url]

#1509023 --- 11/17/17 08:05 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Ezra Klein
✔
@ezraklein

Trump has more than a dozen, on-the-record, allegations of sexual assault against him, and was caught on tape bragging about committing sexual assault. This is a dangerous game for him to play. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616
10:12 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509024 --- 11/17/17 08:06 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Reza Aslan
✔
@rezaaslan

You should probably just shut the hell up about this topic - you know, being an accused rapist and confessed sexual predator and all. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616
10:14 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509025 --- 11/17/17 08:07 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

oy Reid
✔
@JoyAnnReid

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931360196554821632
10:21 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509028 --- 11/17/17 09:12 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Most of these women are following the money trail!

#1509051 --- 11/17/17 10:51 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Most of these women are following the money trail!
I do not believe that for a minute. Most of them will gain noting from this. They are 50-60 years old. They do not want their daughters and granddaughters to go through what they went through. I have asked women I know. Have you asked any?

#1509088 --- 11/17/17 07:52 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Don't you find it interesting that all these women were quiet for years and now they can get 5 minutes of fame & possibly a payday they all come out at once! Just ask Al Franken!

#1509115 --- 11/18/17 03:05 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Don't you find it interesting that all these women were quiet for years and now they can get 5 minutes of fame & possibly a payday they all come out at once! Just ask Al Franken!
No. Man you are thick. I have tried to explain it to you a half dozen times already on here. And I can quote numerous sources that explain it. It is hardly worth the trouble.

#1509127 --- 11/18/17 06:06 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle?
I bet most of the 16 women Trump abused think he should step down.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/al-franken-acc...topstories.html

Tweeden said she was inspired by Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., sharing her account of sexual assault as a young congressional aide.

“That happened to me...that was my sign. I think if I don't speak up now, I'm going to forever hold that and keep it with me forever. That was my moment to speak up,” Tweeden said.

She went on, “I didn't do this to have him step down. I think Al Franken does a lot of good things in the Senate.

Hey you Big Dummy, this tread is about Mr. Franken! Go start your own thread on President Trump, and STOP DERAILING THREADS!

#1509129 --- 11/18/17 06:44 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Hey you Big Dummy, this tread is about Mr. Franken! Go start your own thread on President Trump, and STOP DERAILING THREADS!

Sorry Tomboy, you gave up the right to sit in judgement of thread highjacking a Loooong time ago. Besides, what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Especially in light of Trump's own comment ABOUT Franken.

You don't get to apply hypocritical standards whenever it suits your flaky little mind.

Walk the Talk, Pal.

#1509134 --- 11/18/17 07:44 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Sorry Tomboy, you gave up the right to sit in judgement of thread highjacking a Loooong time ago. Besides, what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Especially in light of Trump's own comment ABOUT Franken.

You don't get to apply hypocritical standards whenever it suits your flaky little mind.

Walk the Talk, Pal.

Like I said before master timbo.

Quote:

#1509135 --- 11/18/17 08:35 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/why-trump-attacked-franken/index.html

When it comes to making sense of President Donald Trump's public statements, especially his tweets, the first rule is to not think too hard. Trump is not operating out of a secret genius playbook. There is no game theory reasoning in effect here.

So when Trump, silent for so long on Roy Moore, piped up late Thursday to attack Minnesota Sen. Al Franken over revelations of sexual misconduct, the simplest explanation was this: He wanted attention.

Good, bad, whatever; the tweets guaranteed that we would be talking -- and here, writing -- about the President. After nearly 10 months in office, most every day of it in the headlines, there was a possibility that, on Friday, Trump might wake up to find his name a secondary concern. And that, it seems, was too much to bear. (No, it didn't hurt that Franken is a Democrat.)

That the tweets would inevitably rekindle chatter about his own history -- the Access Hollywood tape, in which he speaks at length about sexually assaulting women, and the unresolved allegations made against him during the campaign, to name a few -- was an afterthought.

Not that Trump hadn't thought about this before. It's been more than a week since Moore's accusers first spoke out and turned the Alabama Senate race on its ear. The now-familiar charges against the Republican nominee: molesting a 14-year-old; "dating" teenagers; and the sexual assault of a 16-year-old in his car.

Republican leadership in Washington, after some consideration, all but dropped Moore, cutting off funding to his campaign. House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called on him to quit the race.

But over at the White House, there has been something close to silence. Words, yes, but a clear position? Nope. (Apart from a statement last week from the press shop saying that Trump "believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside," a sentiment reiterated by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Thursday, there's been nothing. Trump has not tweeted a word about it.)

Why the unusual quiet? A Republican close to the White House told CNN this week that Trump was concerned that getting involved in the Moore situation would provoke another look at his own past.

It's as good an explanation as any. But the game plan, as it were, unraveled a little after 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, when Trump sent out the Franken tweets.

So much for keeping his head down and hoping for the controversy to pass him by. Trump simply couldn't help himself. As predicted, the tweets set off a cascade of reminders. But they also guaranteed the President his place in the news. And as the growing ranks of armchair Trumpologists should know by now, that is the point.

#1509145 --- 11/18/17 12:44 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/why-trump-attacked-franken/index.html

When it comes to making sense of President Donald Trump's public statements, especially his tweets, the first rule is to not think too hard. Trump is not operating out of a secret genius playbook. There is no game theory reasoning in effect here.

So when Trump, silent for so long on Roy Moore, piped up late Thursday to attack Minnesota Sen. Al Franken over revelations of sexual misconduct, the simplest explanation was this: He wanted attention.

Good, bad, whatever; the tweets guaranteed that we would be talking -- and here, writing -- about the President. After nearly 10 months in office, most every day of it in the headlines, there was a possibility that, on Friday, Trump might wake up to find his name a secondary concern. And that, it seems, was too much to bear. (No, it didn't hurt that Franken is a Democrat.)

That the tweets would inevitably rekindle chatter about his own history -- the Access Hollywood tape, in which he speaks at length about sexually assaulting women, and the unresolved allegations made against him during the campaign, to name a few -- was an afterthought.

Not that Trump hadn't thought about this before. It's been more than a week since Moore's accusers first spoke out and turned the Alabama Senate race on its ear. The now-familiar charges against the Republican nominee: molesting a 14-year-old; "dating" teenagers; and the sexual assault of a 16-year-old in his car.

Republican leadership in Washington, after some consideration, all but dropped Moore, cutting off funding to his campaign. House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called on him to quit the race.

But over at the White House, there has been something close to silence. Words, yes, but a clear position? Nope. (Apart from a statement last week from the press shop saying that Trump "believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside," a sentiment reiterated by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Thursday, there's been nothing. Trump has not tweeted a word about it.)

Why the unusual quiet? A Republican close to the White House told CNN this week that Trump was concerned that getting involved in the Moore situation would provoke another look at his own past.

It's as good an explanation as any. But the game plan, as it were, unraveled a little after 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, when Trump sent out the Franken tweets.

So much for keeping his head down and hoping for the controversy to pass him by. Trump simply couldn't help himself. As predicted, the tweets set off a cascade of reminders. But they also guaranteed the President his place in the news. And as the growing ranks of armchair Trumpologists should know by now, that is the point.

Start your own thread you big dummy!
mad mad mad

#1509155 --- 11/18/17 02:27 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Start your own thread you big dummy! mad mad mad
LOL grin

#1509195 --- 11/18/17 08:13 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

#1509213 --- 11/19/17 02:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

From your link:

Trump has said that he wants Clinton to run against him again in 2020, but she claims that her career "as an active politician" is "over."

Trump's latest attack against his former opponent comes just hours after Clinton slammed Trump for not taking responsibility for sexual assault allegations made against him.

She said that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) had taken "accountability" for his actions after a TV host accused him of forcibly kissing and groping her.

"I don't hear that from Roy Moore or Donald Trump," Clinton said in an interview Friday, referring to the Republican Senate candidate in Alabama. "Look at the contrast between Al Franken, accepting responsibility, apologizing, and Roy Moore and Donald Trump who have done neither."

#1509270 --- 11/19/17 07:04 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

He accepted responsibility to try and save his butt and senate seat! If he was really accepting responsibility he would resign!

#1509290 --- 11/19/17 07:48 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

He accepted responsibility to try and save his butt and senate seat! If he was really accepting responsibility he would resign!
Yes I don't doubt that. There was a little talk of him being a presidential candidate in 2020. That is now done. He might of saved his senate seat but there is a big difference between what he did and what Moore or Trump are accused of doing. Huge difference.

#1509300 --- 11/19/17 07:57 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

No difference on accusations! Only difference is political party affiliation!

#1509310 --- 11/19/17 08:06 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

No difference on accusations! Only difference is political party affiliation!
Wow. How blind can you be?

#1509312 --- 11/19/17 08:11 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Not looking at it politically like you Kyle!

#1509348 --- 11/20/17 04:12 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/mueller-interviews-white-house-officials/index.html

Investigators working for special counsel Robert Mueller are scheduled to interview additional senior White House officials in the coming weeks, adding to their list of high-profile interviews and pushing the investigation closer to President Donald Trump and his family.

On the slate are White House communications director Hope Hicks, White House counsel Don McGahn and Josh Raffel, a communications aide to White House senior adviser Jared Kushner. Other staff are also expected to be interviewed.

#1509349 --- 11/20/17 04:16 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic...in-very-n822206

Republican Sen. Susan Collins said Sunday that the sexual misconduct, harassment and assault allegations from more than a dozen women against President Donald Trump “remain very disturbing” as a wave of women continue to come forward with claims against powerful men.

When asked on ABC’s “This Week” about Trump’s claims that his accusers were all lying, the senior senator from Maine said that she did not support Trump in part because of those very allegations against him.

"He did say that [all the women are lying] and President Trump was not my choice for the Republican nominee for president and I did not support him in part because of the way that all of these reports about how he was treating women,” she said.

Collins has previously said that she wrote in Rep. Paul Ryan's name for president when she voted in 2016.

But "[Trump] is president now and I am working with him on some issues but those allegations remain very disturbing,” she added.

#1509415 --- 11/21/17 12:05 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Senator Frankengroper gropes Arianna Huffington

November 21, 2017 BFH Uncategorized 10

The photographer on a shoot where Franken groped Arianna Huffington remembers Huffington being disturbed.

NY Post-

“Franken was clowning around, but it really isn’t funny,” said a source from the shoot. “That’s his tactic, pretend like it’s all a big joke. Arianna was pushing his hands away. He was groping her. There was some fun attached to it, but she wasn’t enjoying it. She definitely told him to stop and pushed him away.”

The creepy pol — who on Monday was accused of squeezing a constituent’s butt during a photo op in 2010 and who was caught posing with his mitts over a sleeping ex-Playboy model’s breasts in a 2006 snap — was hardly hiding his hands-on approach, according to the source.

“Franken stood there with his hand on her bottom for a long time, because there are numerous frames, each taken seconds apart, and his hand was there the whole time — his hand wasn’t just there for a quick moment,” the source said.

Huffington dismisses it-

Huffington, however, denies anything was amiss — saying the touchy-feely photos were a nod to a TV sketch they did together in 1996.

The progressive Arianna admits to presenting groping as something that should be portrayed as “naugh-tee”, playful and something to be snickered about.

Out of context the pictures are a very teachable moment, are they?

#1509417 --- 11/21/17 12:13 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Not looking at it politically like you Kyle!

Yes, you're good at doing that when you mistakenly believe that it somehow helps your position(s).

#1509454 --- 11/21/17 10:14 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

If I was keeping count DUMBO the Democrats are winning in the pervert contest hands down! LOL!

#1509474 --- 11/22/17 02:55 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If I was keeping count DUMBO the Democrats are winning in the pervert contest hands down! LOL!
You don't count very well. The biggest pervert lives in the White House. You know the guy with the small hands. LOL

#1509491 --- 11/22/17 08:31 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1509492 --- 11/22/17 08:41 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

A conservative Republican is someone who gets violently angry when anyone tells the truth about our lying president.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

Donald Trump has repeatedly labeled his political opponents liars. He dubbed Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) Lyin' Ted when it became clear that Cruz was a serious rival for his nomination; he called Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) an "even bigger liar" than Cruz. He dubbed Dr. Ben Carson a "pathological liar" and said former Florida Governor Jeb Bush's lies were almost as bad as Cruz's. Trump has termed virtually every mildly adversarial media member a liar, too.

But there's only one truly massive liar in this race: Donald Trump. When Politico attempted to measure how many lies Trump told over the course of 4.6 hours of speeches, they found that he lied, on average, once every five minutes

#1509493 --- 11/22/17 08:48 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Harry Litman has a nice article in todays FL Times. I was researching his name and found this.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-...0714-story.html

Op-Ed Why did Don Jr.'s emails surface? Because Robert Mueller is already changing Washington's lying ways

For more than a year, the most senior officials in the Trump administration have adamantly, even scornfully, denied that there was any contact between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The bombshell report earlier this week of Donald Trump Jr.’s efforts to secure dirt on Hillary Clinton from Russian officials — and his June 9, 2016, meeting with the supposed purveyor of that dirt as well as then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his father’s aide Jared Kushner — has put the lie to those denials.

Why has the truth emerged now? A careful parsing of the events of the last few days points to the importance of the federal criminal investigation overseen by a stalwart special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. His behind-the-scenes work already has changed the rules of the game for the White House and contributed to a more accurate public accounting.

The New York Times, which broke the story, reports that it was Kushner’s legal team that recently discovered the now-infamous email chain in which Trump Jr. was told that a senior Russian government official had documents that “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” to which Trump Jr. quickly replied, “If it’s what you say I love it.”

And here is where Mueller’s investigation has rewritten the rule book for senior White House officials. To receive a security clearance, Kushner had to complete a form — the SF-86 — detailing, under penalty of perjury, every contact he had with foreign government officials in the last seven years. (I dealt with SF-86s as a deputy assistant attorney general at the Department of Justice.)

Prosecutions for lying on an SF-86 are rare, but they happen, and Kushner already has one strike against him: He first signed and submitted his SF-86 without listing more than 100 applicable contacts with foreign leaders or officials. His lawyer said the questionnaire was submitted prematurely; it took two tries to fully supplement it. The Trump Jr. emails reportedly surfaced when Kushner was going through his records as part of that process.

In a pre-Mueller world, Kushner might have approached the matter casually and, if anyone asked, pleaded ignorance and a busy schedule. That approach, however, is no longer feasible. In the midst of a wide-ranging criminal investigation, with multiple targets, the threat of a perjury prosecution is the sort of offense zealous and sophisticated federal prosecutors — and there is no doubt that Mueller’s team fits that description — could bring to bear.

All of this would lead a good Washington counsel — and Kushner’s lawyers, Jamie Gorelick initially, and then suddenly on Friday, criminal defense specialist Abbe Lowell, are among the best — to conclude that Kushner needed to “get ahead of the story” and turn over the emails (a development the Times learned from people “familiar with” Kushner’s application, who requested anonymity because the questionnaire is not a public document).

Absent the special counsel investigation and the potential legal jeopardy for Kushner, the email chain very possibly would never have seen the light of day. Indeed, President Trump and Trump Jr. at first decided to provide a dishonest account of the June 2016 meeting, omitting the offer of dirt on the Clinton campaign. It was only after further reporting in the New York Times and finally its plan to publish the actual emails that Trump Jr. fessed up.

The threats represented by the Mueller investigation are having additional consequences within the White House, familiar to veterans of previous scandals. Multiple accounts suggest that the Trump Jr. emails have given rise to a circular firing squad in the West Wing that we are told features widespread suspicions of Kushner. These kinds of effects will only get worse as Mueller’s work advances.

Perhaps no quality has more stunned and frustrated the president’s critics than his brazen willingness to lie. Trump frequently appears to have no independent regard for truth, to see veracity in purely expedient terms: What he can get away with in public debate. More dumbfounding, he and others in the White House do seem to get away with it, ridiculing plainly objective accounts as “fake news.”

But the prospect of genuine legal jeopardy upends the calculation, certainly for Trump’s subordinates, who have future careers to lose, families to raise and, unlike the president, no general insulation from criminal prosecution. It is probable that some powerful people will be going to jail as a result of the Mueller investigation. Among the likeliest candidates are those who don’t realize that the game has changed, and that in the ambit of the special counsel investigation, and the courts of law, a lie is a lie.

Harry Litman is a former U.S. attorney, appointed by President Bill Clinton, and deputy assistant attorney general. He teaches at UCLA School of Law and practices law at Constantine Cannon.

#1509539 --- 11/22/17 06:00 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Remember when Trump said he was only going to hire the best? What a steaming pile of bullcrap.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-wants-ivanka-jared-223010751.html

President Donald Trump has told his daughter Ivanka Trump, and her husband, Jared Kushner, to move back to New York, fueling rumors of a strained relationship between his son-in-law and senior adviser, according to a new report.

Trump is pressuring the couple to move back home to escape the negative press coverage, Vanity Fair reported Tuesday.

“He keeps pressuring them to go,” a source told the magazine.

#1509541 --- 11/22/17 06:05 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Baloney.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politics/texas-joe-barton-apology-graphic-picture/index.html

Texas Republican Rep. Joe Barton on Wednesday apologized for not using "better judgment" while separated from his wife and in consensual relationships with women.

The statement comes in response to an anonymous tweet that included a nude image of Barton. Sarah Dodd of Dodd Communications, who is helping Barton respond to the image, confirmed that the image is of him.

#1509548 --- 11/22/17 07:24 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

UH-OH: Just A Quarter of Minnesotans Say They Want To Keep Sen. Al Franken

ByEmily Zanotti
November 22, 2017
http://www.dailywire.com/news/23895/uh-oh-just-quarter-minnesotans-say-they-want-keep-emily-zanotti

Sen. Al Franken says he isn't interested in retiring, even though he's now been accused of sexual impropriety with two women — but his constituents may have other ideas.

According to a new poll from local Minnesota ABC affiliate, KSTP, only around 22% of Sen. Franken's constituents believe he should remain in office now that he's the subject of sexual harassment allegations. A full third of respondents say the Minnesota Senator should resign.

Thirty-six percent say they will wait until a Senate Ethics probe concludes its investigation to decide whether they'll support their embattled legislator.

Franken doesn't fare much better when respondents are sectioned out by party. Fourteen percent of Democrats want Franken to resign immediately and 46% say they'll wait out a Senate investigation. Only 33% of Democrats say they definitely want Franken to stay in office, regardless.

KSTP says it conducted the poll Monday night, just days after Leeann Tweeden revealed that Franken had forced her to kiss him during a USO tour of Iraq and Afghanistan in the early 1990s, then posed for a picture groping a sleeping Tweeden on the pair's journey back home. A second woman came forward over the weekend to say that Franken had squeezed her bottom as they two posed for a photo at the Minnesota State Fair.

The poll is bad news for Franken, who says he'll submit to a Senate Ethics probe but won't even consider dropping out of Congress unless he's pushed. Instead, Franken says, he'll spend his Thanksgiving break considering his actions and reflecting on how he should evolve as a human being.

#1509549 --- 11/22/17 07:32 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

That makes Franken's approval rating a little lower than Trumps approval rating but not by much.

#1509550 --- 11/22/17 07:33 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Yet, the disturbing fact here, we have 2 Republicans who possesses the propensity for being attracted to young girls....Moore and Trump
The more(no pun intended) they both are confronted, the anger comes out. So tommy, this being the case, Trump and Moore are RINOs

#1509551 --- 11/22/17 07:58 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Victims of a unethical man but Trumpites speak only of Conservative/liberal.......here comes another brick.

#1509555 --- 11/22/17 08:08 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1509556 --- 11/22/17 08:11 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching
One woman told HuffPost that Franken had grabbed her backside at an event honoring women.

By Jenavieve Hatch and Zachary Roth

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-franken-two-more-women-groping_us_5a15a455e4b09650540ec295

Two more women have told HuffPost that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) touched their butts in separate incidents. These are the third and fourth such allegations against Franken in the past week. Leeann Tweeden, a radio host, wrote last week that Franken had kissed and groped her without her consent during a 2006 USO tour. On Monday, Lindsay Menz accused Franken of groping her at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

The two additional women, who said they were not familiar with each others’ stories, both spoke on condition of anonymity. But their stories, which describe events during Franken’s first campaign for the Senate, are remarkably similar — and both women have been telling them privately for years.

#1509557 --- 11/22/17 08:25 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I won't attempt go tic for tat with you for one huge reason, idiocy prevents you from looking at things logically. Supposedly you are the party of greatness but who nearly bankrupt the country 9 years ago? Who bailed it out? Who has told 1700 blatant lies since his election? Who raped a few young girls before becoming president? Who married and cheated on all three of his wives? who brags about grabbing women by their P&%ssy? Who just endorsed a pedophile yesterday? Called war vets despicable? fights with a caustic father of a NCAA player while failing to mention the missing American downed plane? Did you forget the poor women of these perverts or is that another attribute of a Conservative? ignoring the obvious.

#1509559 --- 11/22/17 08:35 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Sounds like Bill Clinton! LOL!

#1509586 --- 11/22/17 09:51 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
ThomasDecker Offline

Sounds like Bill Clinton! LOL!

This is getting funnier by the day.

There's a Republican from Texas who's got a his picture of his little Willy floating around the internet.

And what get's me.

Why in the name of God, would you let someone photograph your willy.

Didn't your mother teach you anything about life, stuff like that comes back an bites you in the butt.

#1509598 --- 11/22/17 11:12 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
gassy one Offline

#1509603 --- 11/23/17 02:48 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

You suddenly like polls and links. Maybe I am teaching you something. grin

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/25/trump-approval-rating-fox-news-244181

Trump approval rating dips to new low in Fox News poll

By CRISTIANO LIMA

#1509614 --- 11/23/17 04:45 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/jared-kushner-horizons-are-collapsing-within-the-west-wing

It’s perhaps hard to remember now, but it wasn’t long ago when Trump handed Kushner a comically broad portfolio that included plans to reinvent government, reform the V.A., end the opioid epidemic, run point on China, and solve Middle East peace.

But since his appointment, according to sources, Kelly has tried to shrink Kushner’s responsibilities to focus primarily on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

And even that brief appears to be creating tensions between Kushner and Kelly. According to two people close to the White House, Kelly was said to be displeased with the result of Kushner’s trip to Saudi Arabia last month because it took place just days before 32-year-old Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman arrested 11 Saudi royals, including billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

The Washington Post reported that Kushner and M.B.S., as the prince is known, stayed up till nearly 4 a.m. “planning strategy,” which left Kelly to deal with the impression that the administration had advance knowledge of the purge and even helped orchestrate it, sources told me.

#1509615 --- 11/23/17 04:47 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Why in the name of God, would you let someone photograph your willy.
Maybe to prove that all those comments about your "small hands" are not true? grin

#1509658 --- 11/23/17 10:36 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Is that why you still live with your mother Kyle? LOL!

#1509666 --- 11/23/17 10:48 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Oh you are hilarious today. You know nothing about me.

#1509689 --- 11/23/17 05:57 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1509696 --- 11/23/17 07:44 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Are you sure about that! LOL!

#1510109 --- 11/30/17 03:16 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1510114 --- 11/30/17 03:25 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Blah Blah Can you afford decent wine or not?

#1510147 --- 12/01/17 09:10 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1510380 --- 12/06/17 09:53 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1510382 --- 12/06/17 10:22 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I love it, Trump's administration is in disarray and we get to see his ardent supporters mimic "your royal village idiot" Take a good look, Trump communicates by means of Twitter but in public he sounds like a clucks...with words like BIGGLY, here on the forum, same thing, they can't articulate but can sure as H&&^$ post some major memes and cartoons.

#1510386 --- 12/06/17 10:57 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/al-franken-democratic-senators-resign/index.html

John Conyer retired yesterday and It seems that the Democrats are showing some moral backbone, lets pray for our fellow Republicans who not only condone sexual harassment but endorses child molesters. Of course we know that Donald Trump dare not say anything in regard to the subject, that would make him a hypocrite seeing that he is a sexual predator and child molester.

#1510400 --- 12/06/17 02:05 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Good bye Conner and Franken. Hope that the votes in Alabama don't add another pervert to the payroll.

If we can move on from Trump, that would be BIGGLY.

#1510402 --- 12/06/17 02:16 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Top Dog]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Can you frickin believe this?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/con...kushpmg00000067

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway appeared on CNN’s “New Day” on Wednesday morning to defend Donald Trump’s endorsement of Roy Moore, hailing the president’s “tremendous moral standards” in backing the Alabama Senate candidate whom numerous women have accused of sexual assault and harassment.

#1510404 --- 12/06/17 02:23 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Chris Hayes Retweeted
Elliott Lusztig‏ @ezlusztig
2h2 hours ago

An honest question: Can anyone explain why it is even logically consistent to demand Franken should resign but not demand that Trump also resign? Never mind the partisanship, is that even a defensible position?
330 replies 1,230 retweets 3,080 likes

#1510405 --- 12/06/17 02:26 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The Daily Show‏Verified account @TheDailyShow
1h1 hour ago

.@realDonaldTrump, too bad you got snubbed on Time's Person of the Year, but CONGRATS on winning McDonald's Customer of the Year! #TIMEPOY

#1510406 --- 12/06/17 02:29 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, come now Kyle, he already told us that he humbly took a 'pass" this year. Stop laughing Sir.

#1510407 --- 12/06/17 02:31 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Sure beats calling someone Pocahontas

John McCain‏Verified account @SenJohnMcCain
23h23 hours ago

Deeply saddened by the passing of Navajo Code Talker George B. Willie Sr. I had the great honor of meeting this hero in Navajo Nation last year. His sacrifice - and that of all Code Talkers - for the cause of freedom will never be forgotten. http://bit.ly/2As1nBk

#1510408 --- 12/06/17 02:31 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

LOL, come now Kyle, he already told us that he humbly took a 'pass" this year. Stop laughing Sir.
Trump doesn't a humble or a decent bone in his whole stinking body. grin grin grin

#1510411 --- 12/06/17 03:13 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The Daily Show‏Verified account @TheDailyShow

Tonight at 11/10c, what kind of moral degenerate would endorse Roy Moore?

TRUMP: Hold my milkshake.

#1510810 --- 12/13/17 07:11 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1510828 --- 12/14/17 06:22 AM A time for unity? [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wire...mccain-51771082

There was a time when irrespective of party affiliation, great men garnered friendship on all sides but we have today, a president who is incapable of showing compassion or love toward anyone but his own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/us/politics/trump-widow-johnson-call.html

#1510830 --- 12/14/17 07:20 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

For Once, the Joke Is on Al Franken

December 14, 2017
https://townhall.com/columnists/salenazito/2017/12/13/for-once-the-joke-is-on-al-franken-n2421570

There is a strong argument to be made that Sen. Al Franken's central reason for resigning is he knew he would be reduced to being shunned by his peers and the press if he were to continue representing Minnesota in the congressional upper chamber. In short, he would have become a joke, an afterthought, a pariah, a no one.

For the egocentric Minnesotan who was courted by everyone in the Democratic Party to headline their fundraisers -- both for their re-elections as well as their state party's coffers -- and fawned over for his Hollywood pedigree and admired by progressives for his notorious grilling of Republican Trump Cabinet appointees, the mere thought of being reduced to zero status in American politics was a bridge too far.

In truth, it likely repulsed him. He is a man used to being center stage, needed, wanted, catered to, fawned over and courted.

If you have any doubt to the validity of this argument, consider his speech on the floor of the Senate last Thursday during which he announced he was resigning. He never once admitted doing anything wrong. He also never said he was sorry.

Franken said: "I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party."

This is not the mark of a leader, but candidly, was Franken ever elected to be a leader? He was a celebrity, a bulldog, a bully who was ironically heralded by feminists as a hero for women. But the truth is he never was a hero for women; that was just code for being staunchly pro-choice. And for many feminists, being staunchly pro-choice can cause them to overlook character flaws.

It is interesting how people have forgotten his first campaign for Senate in 2008. Voters knew he was coarse, vulgar and unapologetic for bad behavior and elected him anyway, narrowly in that election but overwhelmingly in 2014.

It's just like voters in Alabama know that senatorial candidate Roy Moore has his own set of disturbing issues but are considering electing him anyway. But it is important to look at Franken outside of Moore because these are two separate and different issues. Franken resigned because no one had his back anymore, and without that he would have become the David Vitter of the Democrat Party: the guy who did distasteful things no one wanted to be associated with again.

I often say we get the elections we deserve. We also get the candidates we deserve.

Minnesotans knew who they elected to the Senate: a former Hollywood writer and actor, former provocative talk-show host and satirist. His prominence in the Senate was pretty reflective of his previous life. There was a lot of noise, but according to research done by the Twin Cities Pioneer Press in 2014, his home state newspaper, his legislative career was weak. Of Franken's 141 pieces of legislation (85 bills, 47 amendments, and nine resolutions), none became law.

Americans don't just want members of Congress to be decent people; they want them to actually do things that benefit them, their communities and the country. They also don't want someone who solely uses their elected office as a springboard to more power.

When we decided 40 years ago -- at the beginning of the "me" generation -- to drop societal norms and boundaries, we gave people the OK to behave badly, especially men. It was cool to be naughty, and uncool to be respectful and gentlemanly.

It appears that storm is fading fast in the aftermath of the Harvey Weinstein scandal in both our culture and our politics. Politicians and aspiring politicians who had the wink, wink, nod, nod OK to do this while polite society looked the other way don't get any more winks or nods.

Maybe the best test of all for our country would have been Franken not resigning and instead facing the people who put him in office in the first place. In that moment we would know whether voters would bargain their values away in favor tribal of politics or, perhaps, see their way through to vote what was best for their lives, their communities and their country -- I suspect that as candidates line up to run in 2018, there will be some opportunities to test this.

Politics is always about the best calculation for your team. Voting is sometimes about what type of bargain you make when you pull the lever. Democrats calculated they'd gain more than they'd lose with Franken gone. A Democrat would replace him, at least initially, with Minnesota's Democratic governor putting a new Democrat in Franken's seat and the stain of the accusations ceding with him gone.

It leaves Democrats free to say they are the Party of moral authority but also leaves them with the image of a defiant, unapologetic man poking them in the eye as he walks out the door. It will be interesting to see what the long-term impact of that might be.

#1510831 --- 12/14/17 07:33 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, the joke is on you son. Al Franken is gone and a non factor but as of today, we have 4 Republicans in jail, a POTUS doing a dismal 32% approval rating, a racist Republican that was embarrassingly voted out Tuesday night, I just submitted a link which sadly stated that a Republican committed suicide due to sexual harassment...yes Sir, when one decides to offer one side fact, the opposing side somehow reveals itself as well. wink

#1510839 --- 12/14/17 08:23 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
Franken is NOT gone, and in fact has given no date for when he will be.

Moore was not "voted out Tuesday night", point in fact he was never voted in.

Meanwhile, there are four others who have been accused but are at this point refusing to resign their seats, three dems and one rep.

1. Democratic Nevada Rep. Ruben Kihuen has said he will at least remain in Congress through the end of his first term. Kihuen is accused of sexually harassing his campaign finance director, who quit during the primary after he allegedly demanded sex from her on multiple occasions and touched her thighs.

Pelosi stated Kihuen should resign, but he said he has no intention of doing so and accused Pelosi of being a hypocrite. Pelosi, Kihuen claims, knew about the harassment claims during the election and still supported his candidacy. Pelosi denied that claim.

2. Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold used $84,000 of taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit with a female staffer in 2014 after she complained about a hostile work environment, sexual harassment and gender discrimination. Farenthold and his current chief of staff, Bob Haueter, reportedly directed a constant stream of lewd and explicit comments at former spokeswoman Lauren Greene.

Farenthold fired Greene in retaliation after she complained about the alleged harassment, according to her lawsuit. The Office of Congressional Ethics cleared Farenthold of wrongdoing. He has pledged to repay taxpayers for the settlement.

3. Democratic Rep. Gregory Meeks is accused of firing a female staffer in retaliation for reporting a donor-related sexual assault. Meeks fired the staffer, Andrea Payne, just weeks after she filed a complaint with the Office of Compliance. Meeks admitted that Payne’s firing was unrelated to the quality of her work, according to her lawsuit.

The House used taxpayer funds in 2006 to settle the staffer’s accusations against the congressman. Meeks is under no pressure to resign and has given no indication that he plans to do so, but he did introduce a resolution calling for a congressional investigation of harassment accusations against President Trump.

4. Democratic Florida Rep. Alcee Hastings allegedly made sexual advances and harassed a committee staffer while he was chairman of that committee. American taxpayers shelled out $220,000 to settle sexual harassment accusations against Hastings in 2014. Hastings claimed he was falsely accused and had no knowledge of the settlement.

The congressman, who was cleared by a House Ethics Committee investigation in 2014, has received support from fellow Democratic Florida Reps. Lois Frankel and Frederica Wilson.

#1510930 --- 12/15/17 12:23 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, will drop out of US House race

By Lindsay Wise and Bryan Lowry

McClatchy Washington Bureau and The Kansas City Star

WASHINGTON

Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after the Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the case told The Star that the man reached a settlement with LabOne, the company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources. Court documents show that the man, Gary Funkhouser, and LabOne agreed to dismiss the case permanently after mediation in 2006.

Ramsey, a 56-year-old retired business executive from Leawood, was one of the Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in 2018 in Kansas’ 3rd District.

She was running with the endorsement of Emily’s List, a liberal women’s group that has raised more than a half-million dollars to help female candidates who support abortion rights.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article189931704.html#storylink=cpy

#1510936 --- 12/15/17 01:14 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

At the current rate, we'll see many more of these unfortunate situations being exposed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sexual...conduct-n827821

#1511034 --- 12/17/17 09:14 AM New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/nbc-ma...chris-matthews/
NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews

Two sources familiar with the situation told The Daily Caller that Matthews paid $40,000 to settle with an assistant producer on his show, “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” in 1999 after she accused him of harassment. An MSNBC spokesperson contested that claim to the Caller, saying the company instead paid significantly less as part of a severance package.

The woman complained to CNBC executives about Matthews making inappropriate comments and jokes about her while in the company of others.

The MSNBC spokesman said that they thoroughly reviewed the situation at the time and that Matthews received a formal reprimand. Based on people who were involved in matter, the network concluded that the comments were inappropriate and juvenile but were not intended to be taken as propositions.

#1511054 --- 12/17/17 12:06 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Thank God you've been allowed back on the forums after all the times YOU'VE been banned for making as many "inappropriate and juvenile" comments as you have.

How much money have you had to pay out as a result?
whistle smirk

#1511061 --- 12/17/17 12:22 PM Trump is biggest groper. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Tamara Hunter gave a very powerful interview on CNN this morning. It was shocking to say the least.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ex-fox-newse...-peoples-lives/

Ex-Fox Newser Tamara Holder Fires Back at Murdoch: ‘Fox News Ruined People’s Lives’
by Josh Feldman | 12:25 pm, December 17th, 2017

Former Fox News contributor Tamara Holder let loose this morning in response to Rupert Murdoch‘s comments about the sexual harassment scandals at Fox News.

Earlier this year, Fox News reached a settlement with Holder after she reported that an executive sexually assaulted her.

In a statement to The New York Times at the time, Fox News said, “Immediately after Ms. Holder notified Fox News of the alleged incident, the company promptly investigated the matter and took decisive action, for which Ms. Holder thanks the network. Fox News is grateful to Ms. Holder for her many contributions during her tenure at the network and wishes her continued success.”

Recently Murdoch was asked if the harassment claims had an impact on the business. Murdoch dismissively said that’s “nonsense” and made comments that led to a report for HuffPost by Yashar Ali about how current and former Fox News employees are “furious” over those remarks.

Holder went on the record for that report:

“You cannot rewrite history, Mr. Murdoch. The problem was not only with your chief executive. For example, one of your former executives trapped me in his office, pulled-out his penis and shoved my head on it. That’s not ‘nonsense.’ That’s criminal.”

“The culture at Fox News won’t change until you publicly accept that it has been a breeding ground for sexual misconduct over the past two decades,” Holder said.

And she appeared on CNN this morning to talk further with Brian Stelter about the issue.

“I want to be very clear here,” she began. “I would not have been able to be sitting here to say what I’m about to say if it wasn’t for Mr. Murdoch and what he said. Because my settlement, in exchange for money, I had to agree to be quiet, except if I was disparaged or maligned, and because Mr. Murdoch said what he said, that 60 seconds has allowed me to speak out.”

She continued:

“Fox News ruined people’s lives. He ruined my life. I don’t have a job in TV anymore, because the place that he has secured down like Fort Knox allowed abusive predators to prey on women who just wanted to work. That is not nonsense, this is people’s lives.”

Holder responded to “fake facts” from Murdoch and said none of this is about politics.

She told Stelter Murdoch was being remarkably dismissive in talking about “flirting”:

“Let me be clear. I had a man pull out his penis in his office and shove my head on it. That was not flirting, that was criminal. That was not sexual harassment, there were no gray areas… this is criminal. And I’m not the only case. There are just women who can’t speak out.”

Holder said at one point that Fox News would probably sue her, but again said, “what Mr. Murdoch said, in my opinion as a lawyer… gives me a legal right to respond.”

After HuffPost’s report, Mediaite received this statement from 21st Century Fox on Murdoch’s comments:

“Rupert never characterized the sexual harassment matters at FOX News as ‘nonsense.’ Rather, he responded negatively to the suggestion that sexual harassment issues were an obstacle to the Company’s bid for the rest of Sky. Under Rupert’s leadership and with his total support, the Company exited Roger Ailes, compensated numerous women who were mistreated; trained virtually all of its employees; exited its biggest star; and hired a new head of HR. By his actions, Rupert has made it abundantly clear that he understands that there were real problems at FOX News. Rupert values all of the hard-working colleagues at FOX News, and will continue to address these matters to ensure FOX News maintains its commitment to having a work environment based on the values of trust and respect.”

Holder added, “One of the other things that he did was get rid of all the women who were abused as well.”

#1511069 --- 12/17/17 02:17 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Thank God you've been allowed back on the forums after all the times YOU'VE been banned for making as many "inappropriate and juvenile" comments as you have.

How much money have you had to pay out as a result?
whistle smirk

You have me confused with someone else master Timbo!

#1511453 --- 12/22/17 03:11 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

SURPRISE: Senate Has A Secret Harassment Fund Too; Details…

December 22, 2017 By Robert Gehl

Late Thursday, the Senate tried to sneak under the radar by quietly releasing a report they hoped would go unnoticed.

It wasn’t. The bare-bones report simply titled “harassment settlement” admitted to the $1.5 million in hush money paid to victims of United States Senators over the last two decades.

The two-page released didn’t list any particular senators or victims. It did say that almost $600,000 went for “member-led” Senate offices and $853,000 was for “other” Senate offices, Fox News reports.

The Senate’s Rules and Appropriations committees released the information on the evening of Congress’ final work day this year. It came during a period that has seen several lawmakers resign or announce their retirements following sexual harassment accusations, and growing condemnation for the secrecy with which Congress has guarded information about such cases.

While the release called the information “harassment settlement data,” none of the terse descriptions of each case used those words. Four of the cases involved sex discrimination, including two that also involved “reprisal,” while most of the rest were for race, age or disability discrimination.

The single largest payout – $421,000 was simply listed as “race discrimination and reprisal.

Over in the house, similar numbers reveal $342,000 in taxpayer money was used to settle workplace discrimination cases involving House members between 2008 and 2012. That included almost $175,000 for sexual harassment and discrimination allegations.

“Harassment in the workplace should not be tolerated,” Rules Committee Chairman Richard Shelby, R-Ala., said in the statement, “particularly not in the United States Senate.” He said his panel wanted to release the information “in a transparent manner” but its priority was to protect victims “from further harm.”

Meanwhile, the House Ethics Committee’s investigation of Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) expanded beyond its initial inquiry of sexual harassment allegations to whether or not he lied to the panel.

The panel is reviewing whether he or someone acting on his behalf directed his congressional staff to work on his campaigns. House employees are free to work on campaign activities on their own time, but doing so at the direction of a lawmaker is an impermissible campaign subsidy.

Farenthold, who has announced he won’t seek re-election to a fifth term, is already the subject of an investigation into whether he sexually harassed a former member of his staff and retaliated against her for complaining of discriminatory conduct. The accusations against Farenthold first surfaced in 2014, when a former aide sued him over sexually suggestive comments and behavior, charging that she’d been fired after she complained.

Farenthold, a seven-year House veteran, had said he’d engaged in no wrongdoing when he settled the case in 2015. But after congressional sources said he’d paid a $84,000 settlement using taxpayers’ money, the House Ethics Committee said last week it would investigate him and public focus intensified, even though he said he’d reimburse the Treasury Department.

The Ethics panel also said Thursday it had created an investigative subcommittee to determine whether Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen of Nevada engaged in sexual harassment. Kihuen was already the subject of an ethics investigation, but the subcommittee’s formation is necessary for the most serious sanctions in ethics matters.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/surprise-senate-secret-harassment-fund-details

#1511455 --- 12/22/17 04:46 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/al-franken-uses-final-senate-052451296.html

Outgoing Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who resigned from office earlier this month amid sexual misconduct allegations, used his final speech from the Senate floor on Thursday to list President Donald Trump’s many lies. He urged his congressional colleagues on both sides of the aisle to “stand up for truth.”

The Democratic senator said Trump did not invent many of the lies he spread ― including false claims about widespread voter fraud, climate change science and the effectiveness of the Affordable Care Act, but the president was now leading the charge.

“As I leave the Senate, I have to admit that it feels like we are losing the war for truth,” he said. “Maybe it’s already lost.”

“So what is to be done?” Franken said. “Who will stand up and fight for a more honest debate — to insist that, even though we have a different set of opinions, we cannot honorably advance our competing agendas unless we use the same set of facts?”

#1511456 --- 12/22/17 04:49 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

That's not even a complete list. Trump's dishonesty is so awe-inspiringly pervasive that it would be nearly impossible to catalogue those lies in comprehensive fashion. But be assured: if Trump's talking, there's a solid shot he's not telling the truth.

#1511461 --- 12/22/17 07:02 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

That's not even a complete list. Trump's dishonesty is so awe-inspiringly pervasive that it would be nearly impossible to catalogue those lies in comprehensive fashion. But be assured: if Trump's talking, there's a solid shot he's not telling the truth.

Quote:
Trump's dishonesty

Your dishonesty Kyle!

#1511464 --- 12/22/17 08:11 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Trump's dishonesty

Your dishonesty Kyle!
LOL. Trump tells more lies than all other president put together and I am dishonest?

#1511467 --- 12/22/17 08:24 PM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Quote:
Trump's dishonesty

Your dishonesty Kyle!
LOL. Trump tells more lies than all other president put together and I am dishonest?

State your source.

#1511472 --- 12/23/17 01:51 AM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Trump's dishonesty
Your dishonesty Kyle!
State your source.
State my source? LOL Does Trump states his sources for his daily lies?

#1511473 --- 12/23/17 01:57 AM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

State your source.
Here is a source for you.

http://time.com/5048402/donald-trump-michael-flynn-russia-lies/

Spiro Agnew's Lawyer: Donald Trump’s Lies Are Fatally Wounding Our Democracy

Trump’s chief personal lawyer, John Dowd, now says that Trump himself did not write the tweet confessing he knew about Flynn’s lying to the FBI when he fired him. It was Dowd, not Trump, who wrote the Trump tweet after, the New York Times reports, being “in contact with Mr. Trump on Friday and Saturday, trying to calm him after Mr. Flynn’s guilty plea.” It certainly should not surprise anyone that Trump needed calming after the Flynn guilty plea. But it sure is a surprise to hear Trump’s lawyer admit it — another admission harmful to the President.

Now two Trump lawyers have effectively confirmed Trump knew of the Flynn lies when he fired him, despite the range of subsequent denials, reversals and the like. The President has lied over and over again to the American people, with apparent impunity.

All of this brings to mind Trump’s recent backtracking and assertion that maybe he didn’t say those things we all heard him say on the Access Hollywood tapes, even though Trump has admitted they were true and apologized. The President’s lies only lead to more lies. I fear we are deep in the rabbit hole, and there is no telling when we will hit bottom.

#1511474 --- 12/23/17 02:09 AM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/donald-trump-break-with-reality

Is Donald Trump Lying, or Losing His Mind?
A growing body of evidence suggests the president has broken with reality.

by Tina Nguyen November 29, 2017

a growing body of evidence suggests that Trump’s alternative view of the world is more than just dirty politics: it may be pathological.

The Times and Post both describe this behavior as characteristic, and strategic. Trump “has a long history of stretching facts, predating his presidency,” the Times notes. “He has claimed his signature building, Trump Tower in Manhattan, was several stories taller than it actually is. In his first book, The Art of the Deal, he conceded to employing what he called ‘truthful hyperbole.’” The Post writes that Trump “has sought to paint the rosiest possible picture of his presidency and his character—and has tried to will others to see it his way, like the big-promises salesman he once was.” And there is surely some method to the madness. Publicly denying inconvenient truths, while attacking the media as “fake news,” is a key element of Trump’s continued support among his voters. But his private misstatements, within the White House, about easily verifiable facts, are harder to explain.

One possibility is that Trump’s original statements—his apology for the Access Hollywood comments and his renunciation of birtherism, for example—were delivered in bad faith, and that he has always believed the tape, and birth certificate, were fake. Other possibilities point to a much more serious break from reality.

#1511475 --- 12/23/17 02:14 AM Re: New Gropers and Perverts [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-dra...ory?id=50519672

By Meridith McGraw
JUSTIN FISHEL
JUSTIN COLEMAN

Oct 16, 2017, 8:11 PM ET

Trump draws ire after falsely claiming 'most' past presidents didn't call families of fallen troops

President Donald Trump touched a nerve with former White House officials after saying today that previous presidents did not make phone calls to the families of fallen service members.

#1511476 --- 12/23/17 02:17 AM TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it.

#1511477 --- 12/23/17 02:20 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact...m=.d6b267ed2c42

President Trump has made 1,628 false or misleading claims over 298 days

For some reason, our year-long project analyzing, categorizing and tracking every false or misleading claim by President Trump had seemed like quite a burden in the past month. Well, the numbers are in and now we know why: In the past 35 days, Trump has averaged an astonishing nine claims a day.

The total now stands at 1,628 claims in 298 days, or an average of 5.5 claims a day. That puts the president on track to reach 1,999 claims by the end of his first year in office, though he obviously would easily exceed 2,000 if he maintained the pace of the past month.

#1511478 --- 12/23/17 02:24 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I just posted above from five mainstream news sources about Trumps lies. That is why he likes to tell the lie that the press is the enemy of the people. That is his worse life of all and will destroy our democracy if he convinces enough citizens that it is true. His piggy backing on the booming economy started by Obama is of little consequence compared to the harm he is doing to our nation's morals.

#1511490 --- 12/23/17 09:13 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Great articles, reminds me of the proverbial quote "Those that fail to take a stance will fall for anything" WELL!!!!!!!! wink

#1511492 --- 12/23/17 09:39 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1511493 --- 12/23/17 09:52 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The Beat With Ari Melber 12/22/17
Trump hid Mar-a-Lago tax deal from IRS
A new report from the Palm Beach Post shows Trump used a “dirty tax scam” to avoid millions in taxes. This, as new analysis shows Trump could save more than 11 million in the new GOP tax bill. Duration: 5:59

#1511494 --- 12/23/17 09:54 AM Re: TRUMPS LIES [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/trum...Sm6Zz4qQRU5twI/

PALM BEACH — Donald Trump’s deal with the town of Palm Beach to turn Mar-a-Lago into a private club hinged on an act of charity crafted to skirt IRS scrutiny and deliver for Trump a seven-figure tax break, a Palm Beach Post investigation has found.

To make sure Trump could get the $5.7 million deduction, America’s future president and his lawyers intentionally left out those details from the written agreement with town officials.

The deal, which took shape in public meetings over several months in 1993, provides the best look at Trump’s largest form of charity: an obscure and controversial land-use deduction known as a preservation easement.

What did Trump do?

He donated control of certain “critical features” at Mar-a-Lago such as art objects and even vegetation to a nonprofit to assure the town that neither he nor a future owner could change them. But he got something in return.

Since then, Trump has applied the tax break to his golf courses and estates to potentially deduct more than $100 million from his taxes, even though the IRS once listed such deductions among their “Dirty Dozen Tax Scams.” One tax expert said that if Trump is under audit, as he says he is, his frequent and vigorous use of the deductions “absolutely” could be why.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >