FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1509019 --- 11/17/17 07:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle?
I bet most of the 16 women Trump abused think he should step down.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/al-franken-acc...topstories.html

Tweeden said she was inspired by Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., sharing her account of sexual assault as a young congressional aide.

“That happened to me...that was my sign. I think if I don't speak up now, I'm going to forever hold that and keep it with me forever. That was my moment to speak up,” Tweeden said.

She went on, “I didn't do this to have him step down. I think Al Franken does a lot of good things in the Senate.

FingerLakes1.com
#1509020 --- 11/17/17 08:02 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-tweet-condemning-al-085949308.html

Trump's Tweet Condemning Al Franken Assault Allegations Backfires Spectacularly
HuffPost Rebecca Shapiro,HuffPost 4 hours ago

President Donald Trump, who was infamously caught on tape bragging about groping women, was attacked on Twitter Thursday night over his criticism of Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who is facing allegations of sexual assault.

Anchorwoman Leann Tweeden said on Thursday that Franken groped and kissed her without her consent during a USO tour in 2006.

Responses piled up within seconds, calling the president a hypocrite for attacking Franken while more than a dozen women have accused Trump himself of sexual assault. Critics also took issue with the president’s condemnations in the face of his silence on Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing mounting allegations that he preyed on underage girls when he was in his 30s.

Edited by kyle585 (11/17/17 08:02 AM)

#1509021 --- 11/17/17 08:03 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Arindrajit Dube @arindube

Groper-in-chief offers us his expert opinion about the dynamics of groping. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931357870024687616
10:55 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509022 --- 11/17/17 08:04 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Judd Legum
&#10004;
@JuddLegum

Ninni Laaksonen
Jessica Drake
Karena Virginia
Cathy Heller
Summer Zervos
Kristin Anderson
Jessica Leeds
Rachel Crooks
Mindy McGillivray
Natasha Stoynoff
Jennifer Murphy
Cassandra Searles
Temple Taggart McDowell
Jill [url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW][url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW][url=Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW]Harthhttp://goo.gl/UirrgW[/url][/url][/url]

#1509023 --- 11/17/17 08:05 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Ezra Klein
&#10004;
@ezraklein

Trump has more than a dozen, on-the-record, allegations of sexual assault against him, and was caught on tape bragging about committing sexual assault. This is a dangerous game for him to play. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616
10:12 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509024 --- 11/17/17 08:06 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Reza Aslan
&#10004;
@rezaaslan

You should probably just shut the hell up about this topic - you know, being an accused rapist and confessed sexual predator and all. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616
10:14 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509025 --- 11/17/17 08:07 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

oy Reid
&#10004;
@JoyAnnReid

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931360196554821632
10:21 PM - Nov 16, 2017

#1509028 --- 11/17/17 09:12 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Most of these women are following the money trail!

#1509051 --- 11/17/17 10:51 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Most of these women are following the money trail!
I do not believe that for a minute. Most of them will gain noting from this. They are 50-60 years old. They do not want their daughters and granddaughters to go through what they went through. I have asked women I know. Have you asked any?

#1509088 --- 11/17/17 07:52 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Don't you find it interesting that all these women were quiet for years and now they can get 5 minutes of fame & possibly a payday they all come out at once! Just ask Al Franken!

#1509115 --- 11/18/17 03:05 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Don't you find it interesting that all these women were quiet for years and now they can get 5 minutes of fame & possibly a payday they all come out at once! Just ask Al Franken!
No. Man you are thick. I have tried to explain it to you a half dozen times already on here. And I can quote numerous sources that explain it. It is hardly worth the trouble.

#1509127 --- 11/18/17 06:06 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Originally Posted By: kyle585
What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle?
I bet most of the 16 women Trump abused think he should step down.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/al-franken-acc...topstories.html

Tweeden said she was inspired by Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., sharing her account of sexual assault as a young congressional aide.

“That happened to me...that was my sign. I think if I don't speak up now, I'm going to forever hold that and keep it with me forever. That was my moment to speak up,” Tweeden said.

She went on, “I didn't do this to have him step down. I think Al Franken does a lot of good things in the Senate.

Hey you Big Dummy, this tread is about Mr. Franken! Go start your own thread on President Trump, and STOP DERAILING THREADS!

#1509129 --- 11/18/17 06:44 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Hey you Big Dummy, this tread is about Mr. Franken! Go start your own thread on President Trump, and STOP DERAILING THREADS!

Sorry Tomboy, you gave up the right to sit in judgement of thread highjacking a Loooong time ago. Besides, what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Especially in light of Trump's own comment ABOUT Franken.

You don't get to apply hypocritical standards whenever it suits your flaky little mind.

Walk the Talk, Pal.

#1509134 --- 11/18/17 07:44 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Sorry Tomboy, you gave up the right to sit in judgement of thread highjacking a Loooong time ago. Besides, what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Especially in light of Trump's own comment ABOUT Franken.

You don't get to apply hypocritical standards whenever it suits your flaky little mind.

Walk the Talk, Pal.

Like I said before master timbo.

Quote:

#1509135 --- 11/18/17 08:35 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/why-trump-attacked-franken/index.html

When it comes to making sense of President Donald Trump's public statements, especially his tweets, the first rule is to not think too hard. Trump is not operating out of a secret genius playbook. There is no game theory reasoning in effect here.

So when Trump, silent for so long on Roy Moore, piped up late Thursday to attack Minnesota Sen. Al Franken over revelations of sexual misconduct, the simplest explanation was this: He wanted attention.

Good, bad, whatever; the tweets guaranteed that we would be talking -- and here, writing -- about the President. After nearly 10 months in office, most every day of it in the headlines, there was a possibility that, on Friday, Trump might wake up to find his name a secondary concern. And that, it seems, was too much to bear. (No, it didn't hurt that Franken is a Democrat.)

That the tweets would inevitably rekindle chatter about his own history -- the Access Hollywood tape, in which he speaks at length about sexually assaulting women, and the unresolved allegations made against him during the campaign, to name a few -- was an afterthought.

Not that Trump hadn't thought about this before. It's been more than a week since Moore's accusers first spoke out and turned the Alabama Senate race on its ear. The now-familiar charges against the Republican nominee: molesting a 14-year-old; "dating" teenagers; and the sexual assault of a 16-year-old in his car.

Republican leadership in Washington, after some consideration, all but dropped Moore, cutting off funding to his campaign. House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called on him to quit the race.

But over at the White House, there has been something close to silence. Words, yes, but a clear position? Nope. (Apart from a statement last week from the press shop saying that Trump "believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside," a sentiment reiterated by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Thursday, there's been nothing. Trump has not tweeted a word about it.)

Why the unusual quiet? A Republican close to the White House told CNN this week that Trump was concerned that getting involved in the Moore situation would provoke another look at his own past.

It's as good an explanation as any. But the game plan, as it were, unraveled a little after 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, when Trump sent out the Franken tweets.

So much for keeping his head down and hoping for the controversy to pass him by. Trump simply couldn't help himself. As predicted, the tweets set off a cascade of reminders. But they also guaranteed the President his place in the news. And as the growing ranks of armchair Trumpologists should know by now, that is the point.

#1509145 --- 11/18/17 12:44 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/why-trump-attacked-franken/index.html

When it comes to making sense of President Donald Trump's public statements, especially his tweets, the first rule is to not think too hard. Trump is not operating out of a secret genius playbook. There is no game theory reasoning in effect here.

So when Trump, silent for so long on Roy Moore, piped up late Thursday to attack Minnesota Sen. Al Franken over revelations of sexual misconduct, the simplest explanation was this: He wanted attention.

Good, bad, whatever; the tweets guaranteed that we would be talking -- and here, writing -- about the President. After nearly 10 months in office, most every day of it in the headlines, there was a possibility that, on Friday, Trump might wake up to find his name a secondary concern. And that, it seems, was too much to bear. (No, it didn't hurt that Franken is a Democrat.)

That the tweets would inevitably rekindle chatter about his own history -- the Access Hollywood tape, in which he speaks at length about sexually assaulting women, and the unresolved allegations made against him during the campaign, to name a few -- was an afterthought.

Not that Trump hadn't thought about this before. It's been more than a week since Moore's accusers first spoke out and turned the Alabama Senate race on its ear. The now-familiar charges against the Republican nominee: molesting a 14-year-old; "dating" teenagers; and the sexual assault of a 16-year-old in his car.

Republican leadership in Washington, after some consideration, all but dropped Moore, cutting off funding to his campaign. House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called on him to quit the race.

But over at the White House, there has been something close to silence. Words, yes, but a clear position? Nope. (Apart from a statement last week from the press shop saying that Trump "believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside," a sentiment reiterated by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Thursday, there's been nothing. Trump has not tweeted a word about it.)

Why the unusual quiet? A Republican close to the White House told CNN this week that Trump was concerned that getting involved in the Moore situation would provoke another look at his own past.

It's as good an explanation as any. But the game plan, as it were, unraveled a little after 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, when Trump sent out the Franken tweets.

So much for keeping his head down and hoping for the controversy to pass him by. Trump simply couldn't help himself. As predicted, the tweets set off a cascade of reminders. But they also guaranteed the President his place in the news. And as the growing ranks of armchair Trumpologists should know by now, that is the point.

Start your own thread you big dummy!
mad mad mad

#1509155 --- 11/18/17 02:27 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Start your own thread you big dummy! mad mad mad
LOL grin

#1509195 --- 11/18/17 08:13 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

#1509213 --- 11/19/17 02:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

From your link:

Trump has said that he wants Clinton to run against him again in 2020, but she claims that her career "as an active politician" is "over."

Trump's latest attack against his former opponent comes just hours after Clinton slammed Trump for not taking responsibility for sexual assault allegations made against him.

She said that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) had taken "accountability" for his actions after a TV host accused him of forcibly kissing and groping her.

"I don't hear that from Roy Moore or Donald Trump," Clinton said in an interview Friday, referring to the Republican Senate candidate in Alabama. "Look at the contrast between Al Franken, accepting responsibility, apologizing, and Roy Moore and Donald Trump who have done neither."

#1509270 --- 11/19/17 07:04 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

He accepted responsibility to try and save his butt and senate seat! If he was really accepting responsibility he would resign!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >