FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1508975 --- 11/16/17 11:38 AM Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

By Leeann Tweeden

In December of 2006, I embarked on my ninth USO Tour to entertain our troops, my eighth to the Middle East since the 9/11 attacks. My father served in Vietnam and my then-boyfriend (and now husband, Chris) is a pilot in the Air Force, so bringing a ‘little piece of home’ to service members stationed far away from their families was both my passion and my privilege.

Also on the trip were country music artists Darryl Worley, Mark Wills, Keni Thomas, and some cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys. The headliner was comedian and now-senator, Al Franken.

Franken had written some skits for the show and brought props and costumes to go along with them. Like many USO shows before and since, the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.

Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldn’t kiss me on the lips.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

FingerLakes1.com
#1508977 --- 11/16/17 11:59 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

UPDATE: Al Franken issues statement on groping allegation

Los Angeles radio host says it happened on 2006 USO tour.
Posted: Nov. 16, 2017 10:22 AM
Updated: Nov. 16, 2017 11:47 AM
Posted By: Mike Bunge
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A Los Angeles radio host says Democratic Sen. Al Franken forcibly kissed her during a 2006 USO tour. The host says Franken posed for a photo with his hands on her breasts as she slept.

Leeann Tweeden accuses Minnesota's Franken in an essay on the website of California radio station KABC, where she anchors a morning talk show. Tweeden says Franken wrote a skit for the pair during a 2006 USO tour to the Middle East and insisted they practice a kiss during rehearsal.

Tweeden says she tried to resist but says Franken forced himself on her and stuck his tongue in her mouth.

Senator Franken issued the following statement in response.

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

“While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

“I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

“And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”
http://www.kimt.com/content/news/Woman-accuses-Al-Franken-of-groping-her-458001163.html

This scumbag needs to Resign!

#1508978 --- 11/16/17 12:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/1...oped-her-244976

Franken apologized. Will Moore apologize? Will Trump apologize to the 16 women that accused him?

#1508980 --- 11/16/17 12:19 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Trump is the biggest scumbag and sexual pervert in government! And he is supposed to be setting the example for our country! He should be the moral leader of our county. Instead he is the most immoral president we have ever had. I find it hard to believe that all Americans cannot see that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/36033...trump-of-sexual

McConnell dodges on if he believes women who accused Trump of sexual harassment

By Rebecca Savransky - 11/14/17 03:05 PM EST

Trump said last month the allegations against him — many of which emerged during the campaign after the leak of a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape in which he is heard making lewd comments about women — are "made-up stuff."

"All I can say is it's totally fake news — just fake," he said. "It's fake, it's made-up stuff. And it's disgraceful what happens."

At least 11 women came forward to accuse Trump of unwanted touching and kissing last year.

Edited by kyle585 (11/16/17 03:13 PM)

#1508982 --- 11/16/17 01:57 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

If someone is a rapist, and if said rapists apologizes, it’s okay with you.

#1508984 --- 11/16/17 02:14 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I love the spin on your consistent hypocrisy, a rapist,pedophile or unwanted groping is wrong but your ignorance makes the attempt to focus on what you choose to see and accept. Tell us now son, is Roy Moore a pedophile? Your lack of a pointed response speaks volumes as to why you're a lying hypocrite. grin

#1508985 --- 11/16/17 02:19 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

We all know why the village idiot they call POTUS fails to weigh in on the topic, another sexual predator with a sordid past which can instantly resurface at the drop of a hat if he opens his ignorant mouth.

#1508990 --- 11/16/17 03:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
We all know why the village idiot they call POTUS fails to weigh in on the topic, another sexual predator with a sordid past which can instantly resurface at the drop of a hat if he opens his ignorant mouth.
I would love to see some of the 16 accusers of Trump put out a statement now saying Trump isn't speaking out about Roy Moore because what he did to us is very similar to what Roy Moore did. Trump said he was going to sue us all after he became president but that isn't happening. That should tell you something.

#1508992 --- 11/16/17 03:54 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...p-a7353876.html

Ivanka host the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, he turned to the then-Miss Universe and asked: “Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?”

That anecdote, told to the New York Times by Brook Antoinette Mahealani Lee, appears to be the first recorded incident of the Republican presidential candidate and reality TV star making comments about his daughter’s body which those present have deemed inappropriate.

In the almost 20 years since, Mr Trump has called his eldest daughter “voluptuous”. He’s said it’s OK to describe her as “a piece of ass”, though she is a senior executive in his business empire. And he’s said that, if she wasn’t his daughter, “perhaps [he’d] be dating her”.

On the Dr Oz show, September 2016

The Republican was discussing long-awaited details about his health, and was joined on stage for the pre-record by Ivanka. After they kissed, the host commented: “It’s nice to see a dad kiss his daughter.”

According to several studio witnesses, Mr Trump replied that he kisses Ivanka “with every chance [he] gets”. The comment was apparently edited out of the final cut of the show when it went to air.

#1508993 --- 11/16/17 04:32 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-accused-rape-attempted-rape-162434352.html

Former Alabama judge Roy Moore appears to be losing his shot at a seat in the U.S. Senate that was previously a near-guaranteed win. This follows numerous accusations of inappropriate behavior, including making sexual advances on a 14-year-old girl.

The allegations arrived during a watershed moment in the country, as victims speak out in droves against powerful and dangerous offenders. But one man apparently slipped through the cracks just before America began this reckoning. Despite facing a flurry of allegations, Donald Trump became president.

Trump has been accused of rape and attempted rape a total of three times, once involving an alleged victim who was a year younger than Moore's accuser.

In 1994, Trump took a 13-year-old girl to a party with Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire who was a notorious registered sex offender, and raped her that night in what was a "savage sexual attack," according to a lawsuit filed in June 2016 by "Jane Doe." The account was corroborated by a witness in the suit, who claimed to have watched as the child performed various sexual acts on Trump and Epstein even after the two were advised she was a minor.

"Immediately following this rape Defendant Trump threatened me that, were I ever to reveal any of the details of Defendant Trump’s sexual and physical abuse of me, my family and I would be physically harmed if not killed," Jane Doe wrote in the lawsuit, filed in New York.

The lawsuit was dropped in November 2016, just four days before the election, with Jane Doe's attorneys citing "numerous threats" against her.

During a court deposition, Ivana Trump—Donald's first wife and mother to Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka—accused the president of raping her in 1989. The private account was described in former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III’s 1993 book, Lost Tycoon. It details the alleged "violent assault," in which Trump pulled out fistfuls of his ex-wife’s hair after receiving a painful operation on his scalp.

"He jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months," Hurt wrote. "Ivana is terrified.… According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidants, 'he raped me.'"

Ivana walked back her allegations against Trump after his lawyers insisted she write the following statement at the beginning of her book, according to The New York Times: "During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

A former Trump business associate, Jill Harth, claimed in a 1997 lawsuit the New York real estate mogul “attempted rape” and groped her without her consent on various occasions. In the suit, Harth described a violent encounter at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, in which Trump allegedly threw her against the wall of one of his children’s bedrooms before lifting up her dress.

"It was a shocking thing to have him do this, because he knew I was with George [her partner], he knew they were in the next room," she recalled in an October 2016 interview with The Guardian. "How could he be doing this when I'm there for business?"

In the pre-election interview, Harth maintained her allegations against Trump despite having withdrawn her lawsuit against him after he settled a separate suit her partner filed over a business dispute.

Trump has denied all three of these accusations. He said that Harth’s claims were "meritless" and that accusations of him raping a minor were "categorically false" and "politically motivated." Michael Cohen, his former lawyer and top aide, defended him against Ivana Trump’s claims, saying, "By the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

The president has also been accused of sexual harassment or assault by at least 16 women.

Trump has continued his denials in office, with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee repeatedly telling reporters every accusation against him is a flat-out lie. He’s also used a press conference in the White House Rose Garden to lambast his accusers, saying in October, "All I can say is it’s totally fake news."

He added, "It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff. It's disgraceful what happens, but that happens in the—that happens in the world of politics."

#1508994 --- 11/16/17 04:42 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pentagon-retweet-call-trump-resign-was-accidental-n821556

WASHINGTON — Oops! The Pentagon says it accidentally retweeted a tweet that urged President Donald Trump to resign.

Without mentioning the content of the original tweet, a Pentagon spokesman, Col. Rob Manning, said it "would not be endorsed by the Department of Defense."

The tweet was posted Thursday by a person whose Twitter handle is @ProudResister. It said, "The solution is simple. Roy Moore: Step down from the race. Al Franken: Resign from congress. Donald Trump: Resign from the presidency. GOP: Stop making sexual assault a partisan issue. It's a crime as is your hypocrisy."

#1508998 --- 11/16/17 07:17 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle? Remember master kyle, this is accuser number two.

BREAKING: Second Frankel Accuser Comes Forward; Libs DEMAND His Resignation

November 16, 2017 By Calvin Freiburger

As you’ve no doubt heard by now, the big news of the day is that Democrat Minnesota Senator and former far-left “comedian” Al Franken allegedly sexually assaulted Los Angeles News anchor Leeann Tweeden during a 2006 USO tour. Like in the Roy Moore case, we don’t have proof that Franken grabbed her for an unwanted kiss, but unlike the Moore case, Tweeden produced a photograph of Franken groping her breasts while she was asleep.

Franken has responded by apologizing for the photo, claiming not to remember Tweeden’s other allegations, welcoming an ethics investigation into the matter, and swearing that he’s still totally an “ally and supporter” of women. (Because to the Left, “supporting women” doesn’t actually mean treating them with dignity; it just means abortion.)

But his problems may just be beginning, because there’s already a second accuser following Tweeden’s lead. Media Equalizer co-founder Melanie Morgan is accusing Franken of harassing her.
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaki...and-resignation

Edited by ThomasDecker (11/16/17 07:18 PM)

#1508999 --- 11/16/17 07:27 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: Formermac
I would love to see some of the 16 accusers of Trump put out a statement now saying Trump isn't speaking out about Roy Moore because what he did to us is very similar to what Roy Moore did. Trump said he was going to sue us all after he became president but that isn't happening. That should tell you something.

Thus the reason Trump is so quiet but unfortunately a few dullards here wish to deflect from the main issue, a dysfunctional President who has systemically caused an avalanche of dirt digging on both sides of the aisles and once the dirty laundry is exposed, Trump and his surrogates will be taken down, along with any other entity guilty of any inappropriate actions.

Only fools such as Tommy boy continues the childish Liberal/Conservative nonsense.

#1509000 --- 11/16/17 07:41 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
What do you think, should Mr. Franken be forced to resign master kyle? Remember master kyle, this is accuser number two.
Oh I think he should resign. Right after Trump resigns with his 16 accusers.

#1509001 --- 11/16/17 07:45 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

But his problems may just be beginning,because there’s already a second accuser following Tweeden’s lead. Media Equalizer co-founder Melanie Morgan is accusing Franken of harassing her.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaki...and-resignation
Are you sure there is a second accuser? Your link doesn't work.

#1509002 --- 11/16/17 07:45 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Resign before impeachment? laugh

#1509003 --- 11/16/17 07:48 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1509004 --- 11/16/17 08:07 PM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Oh I think he should resign. Right after Trump resigns with his 16 accusers.

HMMMM 15 minutes while repairing his link, he's quiet...I guess if Franken goes to jail, automatically the same verdict falls on Trump and Moore

#1509009 --- 11/17/17 01:53 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/trump-roy-moore-scandal-245559

Donald Trump loves nothing more than a good controversy. But the president isn’t touching the Alabama Senate race, the biggest talker in American politics right now.

Resisting the entreaties of GOP leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Trump has steered conspicuously clear of the firestorm surrounding Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate accused of pursuing, and in some cases harassing, teenage girls.

Trump’s absence from the race has compounded GOP worries the party is about to lose a seat it has no business relinquishing to Democrats. Republicans say a denunciation of Moore from Trump, a beloved figure in Alabama despite his problems elsewhere, offers the only hope of keeping the seat in the party’s hands.

But Trump sees nothing but negatives in getting involved, according to three White House aides, who say they consider the options laid out by McConnell and his team far-fetched. Many Alabama Republicans are also beginning to view the race as a referendum on McConnell and the Republican establishment more broadly, and Trump’s advisers say they fear any White House intervention is likely to backfire.

At the same time, Trump’s refusal to confront the disaster playing out in his own party is not without risk, and the president may face accusations that he abdicated his authority at a critical time for the GOP, which faces an uphill battle in next year’s midterm elections.

The tension between the White House and Republican leadership has underscored the desperate nature of the situation. Moore has refused to step aside even as accusations of sexual impropriety pile up against him. The Alabama Republican Party has stuck by him, and the state’s governor isn’t providing any relief to frustrated D.C. Republicans, either.

“I think the president is rightly being advised to stay out of this for now,” said a source close to the president and familiar with White House thinking.

“The president believes that these allegations are troubling and should be taken seriously, and he thinks that the people of Alabama should make the decision on who their next senator should be,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters Thursday.

Trump’s reluctance stems in part from the fact that, from the White House’s perspective, they are confronting a host of bad options. McConnell and his aides on Thursday were furiously assembling a memo for White House chief of staff John Kelly laying out various avenues for legal recourse to pre-empt the Dec. 12 runoff between Moore and Democrat Doug Jones — or to keep Moore out of the Senate if he wins that race, which GOP leaders consider an increasingly remote possibility.

Trump’s advisers view many of these options with skepticism. Beyond that, White House advisers have come to believe that the involvement of Washington Republicans has become counterproductive.

“This is a guy where, the more people do in D.C., the less of a desired outcome one has a chance of getting,” said a senior White House aide.

Sanders said Thursday that the president finds the allegations against Moore “disturbing.”

“If those do happen to be true, then he should step aside,” Sanders said, adding that the president supported the Republican National Committee’s decision to sever its joint fundraising agreement with the Moore campaign.

But the president himself has studiously avoided the matter.

The latest option floated by McConnell and his team to push Moore out of the race is for interim Alabama Sen. Luther Strange to step down. They say that would trigger trigger a new special election that would pre-empt the Moore-Jones contest next month.

But Strange and state officials in Alabama rejected that idea out of hand. “I don’t think that’s even an option,” Strange said. “Not legal, and the governor said she wouldn’t move [the election] anyway.”

Alabama officials also waved off the possibility, saying that, were Strange to resign, his replacement would serve only until the Dec. 12 election. According to Alabama secretary of state Jim Merrill, “The person that succeeded him would have six or seven weeks to serve in that role. He was not elected by the people, he was appointed as the temporary successor.”

On Thursday, McConnell and his aides were scrambling to identify other options available to Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, though local officials dismissed the idea that she would employ them.

Under Alabama law, the governor has the power to call a special election, and legal experts disagree about whether she could call another special election while the current one is ongoing — though it may not matter.

Ronald Krotoszynski Jr., a professor of law at the University of Alabama, said Ivey has the power to delay the special election until a date of her choosing. But Ivey was unlikely to move the election, he said, because she is running for reelection and faces a primary in which many of Moore’s supporters will vote.

“I think her options legally are pretty wide,” he said. But, he noted, Ivey is “on the ballot in the late spring of 2018, and she’s going to face these same Republican voters.”

And local officials say Ivey is not considering postponing the election. “I can tell you that is not a discussion that will receive any more attention for the rest of this cycle,” said Merrill, the secretary of state.

Ivey has already shown reluctance to intervene in the race, which has become a source of frustration for McConnell and his team.

“The election date is set for Dec. 12. Were he to resign I would simply appoint somebody to fill the remaining time until we have the election on Dec. 12,” Ivey told AL.com in response to an inquiry about how she would respond were Strange to resign.

The Alabama Republican Party continues to stand by Moore even as national Republicans have abandoned him en masse. The party’s steering committee met Wednesday evening and said in a statement afterward that the party “trusts the voters as they make the ultimate decision in this crucial race.”

A Fox News poll released Thursday evening showed Jones with an 8-point lead over Moore.

White House aides have dismissed the options presented by McConnell and the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Last week, Vice President Mike Pence and his chief of staff, Nick Ayers, as well as congressional liaison Marc Short and presidential adviser Kellyanne Conway, were seriously weighing the idea of a write-in candidacy.

But they have since concluded the idea — which would have required the resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the only Alabama Republican with the name ID to launch a write-in campaign — is not feasible.

“McConnell has pushed for a lot of things that have not turned out to be based in fact or law,” said the senior White House aide.

#1509010 --- 11/17/17 02:07 AM Re: Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-r...4b0162c043a7212

A Running List Of The Women Who’ve Accused Donald Trump Of Sexual Assault

All their stories in one place.
By Catherine Pearson, Emma Gray, and Alanna Vagianos

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >