FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1506867 --- 10/20/17 10:22 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Kells]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Because Mr. Marino does not have the legal authority and backing of the U.S. court system to put a bullet in another person's head on a whim, probably.

FingerLakes1.com
#1506868 --- 10/20/17 11:20 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Mr. 2U]
IHHSG Offline

Loc: 14456
Originally Posted By: Mr. 2U
What I don’t understand is that the city counsel is going after a gpd officers job for his comments 5 years ago, but city counselor Marino had three arrestable domestic violence incidents and is still on the city counsel!!! How is this fair?

Good point, city council should call for an investigation into why GPD let Marino get away with criminal behavior after they get done investigating the racist cop.

#1506874 --- 10/21/17 07:30 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Online   content

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Because Mr. Marino does not have the legal authority and backing of the U.S. court system to put a bullet in another person's head on a whim, probably.
Marino is a female

#1506887 --- 10/21/17 01:32 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Wrap your little head around this-
http://www.fltimes.com/news/update-horn-...d443e47a46.html

"UPDATE: Horn says city resident's huge Trump sign is legal"

I've read the codes and and I've seen the sign, both repeatedly. The sign did NOT meet the size, location and time restrictions.

Horn is wrong. Period.
Did you read this, " City Manager Matt Horn said the sign is legal, but he is unsure whether its illumination abides by city codes.

“Political signs are specifically exempted from the city code/zoning text regulations,” he said Saturday. “ So you can't even read a 2 sentence quote from the newspaper and you want us to believe that you read the codes and understood them perfectly.

Political signs are STILL restricted by size, time and location parameters.

#1506891 --- 10/21/17 03:41 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
[/quote]Political signs are STILL restricted by size, time and location parameters. [/quote]
crazy dead issue

Edited by Hello_Governer (10/21/17 03:45 PM)

#1506892 --- 10/21/17 06:28 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
dead issue

Not according to 'chuckles", it isn't.

Additionally, facts are never a "dead issue".
whistle

#1506901 --- 10/21/17 08:56 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

Unless they're your facts. In which case at least they smell dead.

#1506911 --- 10/22/17 12:16 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Go ahead... challenge my facts. Give it your best shot, tuff-guy. I DARE you. cool

#1506923 --- 10/22/17 06:05 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Online   content

Loc: LOST IN SPACE

Go ahead... challenge my facts. Give it your best shot, tuff-guy. I DARE you. cool
Seems that both you and wolf king have anger issues. May I suggest some anger management therapy.

#1506936 --- 10/22/17 11:45 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

And it seems to us that YOU and The GOV have some major honesty issues. I'd suggest that you bone up on the value of developing some personal integrity.

#1506948 --- 10/22/17 03:40 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

crazy were you trained by Trailblazers, you know the far left political action committee ? That is one of their tactics, lie and call everyone else a liar.

Edited by Hello_Governer (10/22/17 03:44 PM)

#1506949 --- 10/22/17 04:16 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

crazy were you trained by Trailblazers, you know the far left political action committee ? That is one of their tactics, lie and call everyone else a liar.

And yet, each and every time that you're provided the opportunity to point out a single specific incidence of me allegedly lying, you fail to provide the tiniest crumb of evidence to support your asinine allegations.

So, who's the liar, here?
crazy

#1506955 --- 10/22/17 06:54 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

You are! Everybody knows that! LOL!

#1507007 --- 10/23/17 10:01 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

And yet, each and every time that you're provided the opportunity to point out a single specific incidence of me allegedly lying, you fail to provide the tiniest crumb of evidence to support your asinine allegations.

So, who's the liar, here?
crazy
Originally Posted By: gassy one
You are! Everybody knows that! LOL!

Yup! Just like THAT!

#1507029 --- 10/23/17 08:19 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

That's right!

#1508276 --- 11/06/17 01:32 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Kells]
gtownresident1 Offline

Loc: Geneva
This city is just full of hypocrisy and lies by the government.
City Council is a joke and as corrupt as they come.
The city manager turns his head for his friends and the chief that doesn't even live in the city and took money for relocation but never relocated.
We have a city council woman that was recorded abusing her wife and saying that the police wouldn't help because they don't like gay people and she openly admits to sexual relations with police officers and uses this to intimidate her wife.
Another council man that poisoned the city for years and may have also made money from it and he is still sitting there making decisions for the city.

I can remember when Mark Gramling was running for council and D'Amico was harassing him on facebook and bullying him openly. Not once did the mayor or city manager come out publically and denounce tbat behavior.
Racists police officers...this entire city is sick and it's about time that Albany stepped in and cleaned the slate.

Originally Posted By: Kells
http://fingerlakes1.com/2017/09/14/reports-geneva-officer-posted-racist-memes-to-facebook/

http://www.fltimes.com/news/city-cop-s-f...m_medium=social

What is going on in our fair (pardon the pun) city?!

I saw the city's Facebook post about the city not tolerating bigotry and being deverse etc. and wondered what was going on.

I remember when a city employee created a gigantic Trump/Pence yard sign before the election. That action was the catalyst for so many conversations across the community. Was the sign legal? It appeared to be - and, to be fair, a similar sign supporting the candidacy of City Councilor Gordon Eddington had been hanged in the same yard the year before. Was it in poor taste, an affront to the many citizens of Geneva who embrace diversity over the ethnocentrism being touted then by the Trump campaign? Opinions were mixed, but many seemed to come out against it for its sheer size. When balloons were hung for Trump's birthday on the same property, it seemed overkill to many. Then white supremacists in Virginia actually killed someone protesting Nazis, and the people rabidly supporting Trump went into the shadows a bit.

The shadows, I've said all along, is the last place we want these people. And now, it seems, another city employee with Trump-like views may have been brought into the light. There will almost certainly be spirited debate, again. First amendment rights to post material as racist/xenophobic as one wants to post on his or her own time? Or does the city have a responsibility to ensure that those who represent it don't hold - or, at least, publicly express - these types of beliefs? Hmm.

At least one thing should be clear: the fact that a city employee felt so comfortable posting a huuuuuuge Trump yard billboard, and birthday balloon yard celebration... and the fact that a city police officer felt so comfortable posting confederate flags and "trust me, I'm white" messages on Facebook... may just be an indication that holding these types of beliefs isn't as frowned upon within the City of Geneva as some expressed here that they wished it to be.

We'll all be waiting and watching to see what happens next. In the meantime I sure hope people will take the city manager up on his request. If you witness discrimination, harassment, racism, or hate speech, report it to a city councilman or leader.

And I'll add this: report it to EVERY city councilman. And every city leader. And to the Finger Lakes Times, and FingerLakes1, and the Geneva Believer, and [insert any new publications here]. Share it on Facebook, even. Our goal should be to bring people expressing racist, bigoted, and/or homophobic views into the light.

#1508934 --- 11/14/17 08:23 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Mr. 2U]
gtownresident1 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Agreed....Maybe people should look into why she has been given preferential treatment. Why didn't GPD follow protocol...simple, she says it in the recording when she was drunk and committing crimes. (She admits to sexual relationships with GPD and says that GPD is homophobic and also says that she will lie and say she was assaulted). Everyone there works hard at covering up for the other person.

#1509043 --- 11/17/17 09:50 AM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: gtownresident1]
gassy one Offline

What a bunch of whiners! Why don't you run for council and improve things? But then you would expose yourself and all your misdeeds!

#1509083 --- 11/17/17 07:34 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

I think that would be you loser! Can't handle the truth can you!

#1509108 --- 11/17/17 09:18 PM Re: Is hate among us? Oh my! [Re: Kells]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
*Sigh*

Once again, nice rebuttal.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >