Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1508588 --- 11/09/17 06:55 PM "This game destroys people's brains"
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Bob Costas on the future of football: 'This game destroys people's brains'
Tom Schad, USA TODAY Sports

Nov. 8, 2017

“The cracks in the foundation are there,” Costas said. “The day-to-day issues, as serious as they may be, they may come and go. But you cannot change the nature of the game. I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son, I would not let him play football.”

Read on: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...ains/842904001/

Game of Life and Death: As concerns about CTE grow and players suffer from deadly disease, future of football looks bleak
Read on: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/concerns-cte-grow-future-football-bleak-article-1.3611146

FingerLakes1.com
#1508853 --- 11/13/17 11:29 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
I think stories like this have more to do with declining NFL attendance than players taking a knee for the national anthem.

#1508858 --- 11/13/17 11:53 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Pearl City

#1508861 --- 11/13/17 12:20 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: kyle585
I think stories like this have more to do with declining NFL attendance than players taking a knee for the national anthem.

Yes you're correct. Teams with consistently losing records have the tendency to lose support while winners possess season sell out. Can you imagine those sold out seats at the Cleveland games? wink

#1509040 --- 11/17/17 09:41 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Americans are fed up with lose liberals disrespecting our flag and heritage!

#1509045 --- 11/17/17 09:58 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one

Americans People are fed up with lose liberals disrespecting our flag and heritage!

Please inform us as to how a flag helps out the poor and disenfranchised? The very premise, which you've highlighted, you have nothing to do with or for that matter, really care about the struggles of the poor White, Blacks or people of color. Tell us how the flag entitles people to decent healthcare? I'm here because I have a broken femur......besides saluting the flag, what do you do with your busy schedule? BTW, I sat in a wheelchair and rang a Salvation Army bell yesterday and what did your flag compel you to do beside show your blatant ignorance and racism? laugh

#1509102 --- 11/17/17 08:25 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Oh your gonna play the race card Because I don't feel sorry for people who dropped out of school, do criminal activities or to lazy to work! That's a typical liberal response when you can't defend your statements!

#1509104 --- 11/17/17 08:31 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline

LOL. who told you that I was debating with you in the first place, I'm just responding. In order to "play" one must have an opponent, from a logical standpoint, your raging and venting isn't remotely what I deem a worthy opponent........and you playing with yourself is another deviated and nasty habit. laugh

#1509171 --- 11/18/17 03:36 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Formermac
I'm here because I have a broken femur......besides saluting the flag, what do you do with your busy schedule? BTW, I sat in a wheelchair and rang a Salvation Army bell yesterday
wow. Good for you .

#1509201 --- 11/18/17 08:28 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

LOL. who told you that I was debating with you in the first place, I'm just responding. In order to "play" one must have an opponent, from a logical standpoint, your raging and venting isn't remotely what I deem a worthy opponent........and you playing with yourself is another deviated and nasty habit. laugh
Is that why you have a blanket covering you in the wheelchair! You like those young boys & girls?

#1509235 --- 11/19/17 11:01 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: gassy one]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1509241 --- 11/19/17 01:59 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
"I don't feel sorry for people who dropped out of school, do criminal activities or to lazy to work!"

... says the ex-convict with atrocious spelling skills while collecting public assistance. whistle

#1509260 --- 11/19/17 06:13 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Americans People are fed up with lose liberals disrespecting our flag and heritage!

Please inform us as to how a flag helps out the poor and disenfranchised? The very premise, which you've highlighted, you have nothing to do with or for that matter, really care about the struggles of the poor White, Blacks or people of color. Tell us how the flag entitles people to decent healthcare? I'm here because I have a broken femur......besides saluting the flag, what do you do with your busy schedule? BTW, I sat in a wheelchair and rang a Salvation Army bell yesterday and what did your flag compel you to do beside show your blatant ignorance and racism? laugh

Quote:
Please inform us as to how a flag helps out the poor and disenfranchised?

You don't even know what you're talking about ...Fool!

How about you explain who the disenfranchised are, and who's suppressing their vote?

Quote:
The very premise, which you've highlighted, you have nothing to do with or for that matter, really care about the struggles of the poor White, Blacks or people of color.

What are you flapping about?

Quote:
Tell us how the flag entitles people to decent healthcare

Get out an get a job!
Quote:
I'm here because I have a broken femur.

If it happened in February 15', you're telling us another one of your story.

Quote:
BTW, I sat in a wheelchair and rang a Salvation Army bell yesterday and what did your flag compel you to do beside show your blatant ignorance and racism?

You should have asked your Father what the flag means, he defended it, and he was an honorable man.

#1509281 --- 11/19/17 07:27 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
"I don't feel sorry for people who dropped out of school, do criminal activities or to lazy to work!"

... says the ex-convict with atrocious spelling skills while collecting public assistance. whistle
You writing your autobiography DUMBO?

#1509336 --- 11/19/17 09:49 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

I'm shaking my head, you have no education, no skill set, no house, no wife and all you can come up with loser and fool, if those words make you feel better about yourself...proceed governor but the last time I looked, I have a wife,education a business, a house and self confidence....has the adolescent name calling garner you anything? crazy

#1509360 --- 11/20/17 10:05 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

I'm shaking my head, you have no education, no skill set, no house, no wife and all you can come up with loser and fool, if those words make you feel better about yourself...proceed governor but the last time I looked, I have a wife,education a business, a house and self confidence....has the adolescent name calling garner you anything? crazy

Lets break this down master For.... .

Quote:
I'm shaking my head,

Please don't do that, the rock's will fall out of your ears.

Quote:
you have no education

Sure I do.

Quote:
no skill set

I haven't shared my skills.

Quote:
no wife

So!

Quote:
and all you can come up with loser and fool

Funny, that's what you say.

Quote:
if those words make you feel better about yourself...proceed governor

They're just words master For.... .

Quote:
I have a wife

That's a "BIG FAT LIE".

Quote:
education

I wouldn't brag about your education, because you were cheated on it.

Quote:
a business

BBQ grills are a hot item. lol

Quote:
a house

you do not!

Quote:
self confidence

Being full of bs isn't "self confidence".

Quote:
has the adolescent name calling garner you anything?

All you have, master For.... is name calling.

#1509368 --- 11/20/17 11:35 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

I asked one very simplistic question and you give me everything else but......why are you here son?
Your lack of response tells the whole story.

#1509413 --- Yesterday at 11:59 AM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo

You writing your autobiography DUMBO?

Nope, simply pointing out your brazen, shameless hypocrisy... again.

#1509414 --- Yesterday at 12:01 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

I asked one very simplistic question and you give me everything else but......why are you here son?
Your lack of response tells the whole story.

What question was that master For....?
Your last post was nothing but an insult, not one question was asked...dummy.

#1509416 --- Yesterday at 12:09 PM Re: "This game destroys people's brains" [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
How about you explain who the disenfranchised are, and who's suppressing their vote?

OK, let's start with aggressively gerrymandered Republican voting districts (recently ruled by multiple supreme courts to be inherently illegal/unconstitional), Republican voter ID laws (ditto), intense efforts to deny absentee ballots, slash polling locations in poor (read: minority) communities and dramatically cut voting hours.

Next ridiculous question...
mad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >