FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1508866 --- 11/13/17 12:56 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Just think, 75 years later, we now have a lunatic president systematically alienating us with every country on the globe while submitting like a female dog to a Russian dictator.

FingerLakes1.com
#1508868 --- 11/13/17 01:05 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
How do you know that you stunted the intent of a dullard? Meme baby meme!!!!!! Come now, you remind me of a calendar, you just somehow know the events are coming and the element of surprise is lost.

#1508869 --- 11/13/17 01:29 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

The only lunatics here, are the ones that ignore all the swastikas and other white supremacy symbols worn publicly and proudly by an endless parades of racist Trump supporters. mad

#1508871 --- 11/13/17 01:36 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

The only lunatics here, are the ones that ignore all the swastikas and other white supremacy symbols worn publicly and proudly by an endless parades of racist Trump supporters. mad

A Baseless leftist remark, where's your proof master Timbo?

#1508872 --- 11/13/17 01:39 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1508874 --- 11/13/17 01:44 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Why do you make yourself such an easy target by asking such simple and obvious questions? Is a 350 LB. 5ft. person overweight?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...textbook-racism

#1508875 --- 11/13/17 01:45 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Vets Set the Record Straight After PBS Documentary Spreads Leftist Lies About Vietnam War

By John Falkenberg

This week, veterans of the Vietnam War sent a letter to PBS, high-profile documentarian Ken Burns, and documentary sponsor Bank of America in an attempt to set the record straight on the facts concerning “The Vietnam War,” a PBS documentary series that’s turning a lot of heads.

According to PJ Media, veterans argue that the documentary series fails to mention key aspects of the conflict, “including the communist connections of North Vietnamese dictator Ho Chi Minh and the brutal repression after the war.”

Although I personally have yet to see the series myself, that accusation does seem to hold at least some water.

In an interview with far-left publication Mother Jones, neither Burns, who co-produced the series with Lynn Novick, or his interviewer mentioned the words “communism” or “communist” — not once, and it was a fairly length interview.

Lewis Sorley, a Vietnam War veteran, historian, and director at Vietnam Veterans for Factual History, was quick to remind them that this was more than just some unjust blunder.

“The whole cause of all this agony and bloodshed was the aggressive North Vietnamese invasion of the South. If it hadn’t been for that, none of this ever would have happened,” he told PJ Media.

“Burns never seems to find that worth mentioning or condemning and I wonder why.”
Sorley claimed that Burns and his team “had clearly decided that they wanted to tell the standard left-wing narrative of an unwinnable, unjust war.”

PJ Media further reports that the documentary obscured the evil intrinsic to communism.

And that should be an outrage to every American interested in an honest appraisal of history.

As the letter from the Vietnam Veterans for Factual History noted, they had four major issues with the series:

They felt that the documentary showed “U.S. support for South Vietnam as blustering, blundering jingoism.”
They were outraged over the minimization of Ho Chi Minh’s communism.
They felt the series ignored South Vietnam’s valor.
They felt the documentary glossed over communist atrocities.

While I’ve not yet seen this documentary series myself, I have seen every other major series Burns has put out, and from that I can tell you — these veterans almost certainly have legitimate beef.

Ken Burns’ “The Civil War” documentary is still argued over, and that series was released in 1990.

The main difference between the “The Civil War” and “The Vietnam War” documentaries, as we can see here, is that Vietnam veterans still live, breathe, and contribute to society.

I’m glad to see themselves stand up for themselves over what appears to be a grievous misrepresentation of the most controversial war of the 20th Century.

#1508877 --- 11/13/17 01:57 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Offering citation is so simple but for a simpleton, it's a waste of time. Seeing that changing direction at the drop of a dime is your gift, let's do a little fact finding son. Communism being the major component to US fear motivated us to get involved in its spread but one aspect you've failed to note, once the United States left South Vietnam, the region was taken back over by the North, ironically the same happened in the Korean conflict. All said and done, why are we still fighting the same causes 67 and 55 years respectively? not to mention the thousands of lives lost.

#1508883 --- 11/13/17 04:38 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Offering citation is so simple but for a simpleton, it's a waste of time. Seeing that changing direction at the drop of a dime is your gift, let's do a little fact finding son. Communism being the major component to US fear motivated us to get involved in its spread but one aspect you've failed to note, once the United States left South Vietnam, the region was taken back over by the North, ironically the same happened in the Korean conflict. All said and done, why are we still fighting the same causes 67 and 55 years respectively? not to mention the thousands of lives lost.

Quote:
Offering citation is so simple but for a simpleton, it's a waste of time

I did, but you are either blind, or to obtuse too notice.

citation
By John Falkenberg

#1508884 --- 11/13/17 05:11 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Yes indeed folks, now you see why certain people voted for Trump, many of his personalities, traits, behavior and intellect were the winning charm that hooked them
I thought this was a post that Tommy boy created to honor the veterans, now look who destroyed and dishonored them....just like his daddy ain't he? Now that I had that little piece of fun, I've quit laughing with you. This is actually a good year being that an historic day on January 20, 2017 showcased the beginning of the replacement of the Barnum & Bailey circus. Very entertaining and like the circus, stinks to high heaven..........and it's all FREE to watch. laugh

#1508885 --- 11/13/17 05:24 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
wedggie Offline

I'm just curious... how do you defend your assertions that Carter had "no clue", being that he was a former Navy Nuclear Officer and all???

Hmmmm!.......Seem to recall Jimmy never served on a Nuclear submarine as a Nuclear Officer!

But somehow, he did win an election!

President Trump, to the chagrin of liberals, also won an election! The people have spoken!
Deal with it!

#1508887 --- 11/13/17 05:40 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: wedggie]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Spoken like a true Trumpster...."The people have spoken" Well that's to be totally determined in a while. Fact: Trump lost by 3 million popular votes while for whatever reason he is fighting for his life in guarding those proven Russian hacks. Now for your premise that "The people have spoken" is somewhat ludicrous and hilarious, because in the TRUE election, the people spoke last Tuesday because they're "Tired of dealing with it" BTW, why insist on repeating the same infractions of Tommy by showing your ignorance and disrespect toward the Veterans by ranting on an unrelated topic?

#1508888 --- 11/13/17 06:54 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: wedggie]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: wedggie
I'm just curious... how do you defend your assertions that Carter had "no clue", being that he was a former Navy Nuclear Officer and all???

Hmmmm!.......Seem to recall Jimmy never served on a Nuclear submarine as a Nuclear Officer!

But somehow, he did win an election!

President Trump, to the chagrin of liberals, also won an election! The people have spoken! Deal with it!

Deal with THIS:

1)
• After Officer's Navy Submarine School, Carter was assigned and served on SS-391 Pomfret, then promoted to Lieutenant J.G.

• After completing graduate work in physics at Union College, he served as X.O. aboard SSK 1, the first postwar submarine built.

• Carter was then promoted to full-Lieutenant. Carter was detached from K-1 to participate, under then-Capt. Hyman Rickover, on design and development of Navy nuke propulsion plants.

• In 1953, Carter was assigned to the crew of the submarine Seawolf in use of those plants.

2)
• Trump in fact did NOT "win" the election. He conspired with Russia to STEAL the election.

#1508889 --- 11/13/17 06:59 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Offering citation is so simple but for a simpleton, it's a waste of time.

I did, but you are either blind, or to [too] obtuse too notice.
citation
By John Falkenberg

Uh, no... you didn't. You merely provided attribution. They're not remotely the same thing. You're either blind, or too obtuse too notice

#1508890 --- 11/13/17 07:04 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

What Formermac said. whistle

http://hinterlandgazette.com/2015/08/donald-trump-white-pride-supporters-neo-nazis-racists.html

#1508894 --- 11/13/17 07:21 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Now if you'll excuse me while I go throw up and gouge my eyes out. eek

#1508895 --- 11/13/17 07:28 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, please keep the eyes, you are seeing perfectly but I do understand the putrid taste in your mouth, not to mention the smell that permeates the GOP.

There Are None So Blind
As Those Who Will Not See

#1508901 --- 11/13/17 07:48 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

"not to mention the smell that permeates the GOP."

It's the stench of slow death from within.

#1508961 --- 11/16/17 08:24 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

#1508962 --- 11/16/17 09:08 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Adverse to Trump and his surrogates whose time is already here....or did you forget the guilty plea, 2 house arrests and a pending indictment? If he's a dumbo, what does that make someone like you who look and hope for arrest while denying current arrest? Pick your poison son crazy

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >