FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1508768 --- 11/11/17 02:32 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
CIA Director Mike Pompeo stands by US intelligence assessments that Russia meddled in the 2016 election, despite President Trump saying he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin when he says his country did not interfere

http://cnn.it/2hl8SPK

FingerLakes1.com
#1508774 --- 11/11/17 06:24 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump-russia/index.html

Sen. John McCain slammed President Donald Trump on Saturday for saying he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin over senior US intelligence officials when he says his country didn't interfere in the 2016 election.

"President Trump today stated that he believed Vladimir Putin is being sincere when he denies Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and reiterated that he hopes to cooperate with Russia in Syria," McCain, a strong critic of the President, said in a statement. "There's nothing 'America First' about taking the word of a KGB colonel over that of the American intelligence community. There's no 'principled realism' in cooperating with Russia to prop up the murderous Assad regime, which remains the greatest obstacle to a political solution that would bring an end to the bloodshed in Syria. Vladimir Putin does not have America's interests at heart. To believe otherwise is not only naive but also places our national security at risk."

#1508779 --- 11/11/17 06:45 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Trump is disgusting beyond belief.

http://www.whec.com/national/trump-and-putin-chat-on-summit-sidelines/4666286/?cat=565

Trump calls Putin sincere, ex-US intelligence heads 'hacks'

Days before returning home from a whirlwind trip to Asia, President Donald Trump was back on the defensive over Russian election meddling, saying he considers President Vladimir Putin's denials sincere, dismissing former U.S. intelligence officials as "political hacks" and accusing Democrats of trying to sabotage relations between the two countries.

#1508785 --- 11/11/17 08:57 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Well, so much for the Veterans Day thread. frown

#1508790 --- 11/11/17 11:09 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Land of the Free and home of t...
Originally Posted By: Timbo

I know. frown

I did get to thank a lot of "Living Hero's" today...it was a good day.

#1508791 --- 11/12/17 02:18 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I believe all Veterans would be outraged if we didn't criticize an American president who says nice things about dictators!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-possibility-friends-kim-jong/story?id=51091799

Trump: 'It's certainly a possibility' could become friends with Kim Jong Un

#1508793 --- 11/12/17 07:34 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585

I believe all Veterans would be outraged if we didn't criticize an American president who says nice things about dictators!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-possibility-friends-kim-jong/story?id=51091799

You can believe anything you want master Kyle, but more than likely you are wrong.

#1508803 --- 11/12/17 11:46 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Originally Posted By: kyle585

You can believe anything you want master Kyle, but more than likely you are wrong.
Really? You think veterans like our president being friends with all these dictators?

#1508805 --- 11/12/17 11:48 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

And once again Trump has to backtrack over what he said about his friend Putin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h...s-intel-n819986

Trump Backs Intel Agencies After Raising Doubts Over Russian Meddling

by Ali Vitali

HANOI, Vietnam President Donald Trump said Sunday that he's "with" the U.S. intelligence agencies that have concluded Russia meddled in the 2016 election, despite repeated denials from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"I believe [Putin] believes that" Russia didn't meddle, Trump said, walking back convoluted and controversial comments on the subject from one day before. "I believe that he feels that he and Russia did not meddle in the election," Trump said.

"As to whether I believe it or not, I'm with our agencies especially as currently constituted," Trump said during a joint press conference here with Vietnamese President Tr&#7847;n &#272;&#7841;i Quang Sunday morning local time

#1508815 --- 11/12/17 06:14 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
wedggie Offline

AS A NAVY veteran myself from the Vietnam-era, I had the unfortunate accident of fulfilling my enlistment under two other WH "idiots". I speak of our last "unelected" idiot president and his successor from Georgia. Ford didn't want the job and Carter had no clue!
Low morale permeated whole units, ships, battalions and flight personnel. Race riots were prevalent across the Southeast Asian theater. GI's and sailors alike needed it to end. I support our current President because he reminds those of us, who came out from those experiences, how much his kind could have lifted our spirits and restored our love of country!

#1508818 --- 11/12/17 07:30 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: wedggie]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I can think of the mindset as yours that placed citizen under bondage (slavery) Women could not vote and rich White men rule the country. Great news Sir, this is 2017 and those days of yore are gone gone gone, and if you think they're coming back...."YOU AIN'T SEEN WAR YET" Thank God for Democrats, Republicans and Independents who know Trump as an old dirty racist that has stirred of the hatred.

#1508821 --- 11/12/17 08:41 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: wedggie]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: wedggie
AS A NAVY veteran myself from the Vietnam-era, I had the unfortunate accident of fulfilling my enlistment under two other WH "idiots". I speak of our last "unelected" idiot president and his successor from Georgia. Ford didn't want the job and Carter had no clue!
Low morale permeated whole units, ships, battalions and flight personnel. Race riots were prevalent across the Southeast Asian theater. GI's and sailors alike needed it to end. I support our current President because he reminds those of us, who came out from those experiences, how much his kind could have lifted our spirits and restored our love of country!

I'm just curious... how do you defend your assertions that Carter had "no clue", being that he was a former Navy Nuclear Officer and all???

The closest connection to Carter and the Race Riots of the era, was the fact that he actually rose above the abject racism permeating the state he lovingly called home. Trump (and company) are the ultimate expression of the ignorance, hate and violence that spawned those very riots.

Love of country is earned through equal application of our constitutional rights. Not sentimental flag-waving and blind, nationalistic jingoism.

Respectfully, I think you have your idealogical moralities completely ass-backwards. That, or you simply don't give a damn about the historical record.
crazy

#1508838 --- 11/13/17 09:22 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1508842 --- 11/13/17 10:03 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I'm just curious... how do you defend your assertions that Carter had "no clue", being that he was a former Navy Nuclear Officer and all???

The closest connection to Carter and the Race Riots of the era, was the fact that he actually rose above the abject racism permeating the state he lovingly called home. Trump (and company) are the ultimate expression of the ignorance, hate and violence that spawned those very riots.

Love of country is earned through equal application of our constitutional rights. Not sentimental flag-waving and blind, nationalistic jingoism.

Respectfully, I think you have your idealogical moralities completely ass-backwards. That, or you simply don't give a damn about the historical record.
crazy

It's the latter, not to mention the fact that any defence to Trump's dysfunction is very difficult to hold up, thus these silly deflections, BTW I love everything about John McCain, his politics and more so, his service to our country, sadly, an idiot president hate war personell that get captured.

#1508845 --- 11/13/17 10:11 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac

"Respectfully, I think you have your idealogical moralities completely ass-backwards. That, or you simply don't give a damn about the historical record." crazy

It's the latter, not to mention the fact that any defence to Trump's dysfunction is very difficult to hold up, thus these silly deflections.

Far be it from me, not to offer at least two good options. wink

#1508847 --- 11/13/17 10:16 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Come now!!!! you've raised my curiosity.....name at least one option and I'll guarantee we'll concur. laugh

#1508848 --- 11/13/17 10:19 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Referring to these options:

"Respectfully, I think you have your idealogical moralities completely ass-backwards. That, OR you simply don't give a damn about the historical record." crazy

#1508849 --- 11/13/17 10:22 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

laugh

#1508855 --- 11/13/17 11:37 AM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1508859 --- 11/13/17 12:04 PM Re: God Bless Our Veterans [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Just think, 75 years later, we now have a lunatic president systematically alienating us with every country on the globe while submitting himself like a female dog to a Russian dictator.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >