FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#1504933 --- 09/21/17 05:44 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Originally Posted By: gassy one
YATES COUNTY SHERIFF’S UNION ENDORSES TODD CASELLA FOR DISTRICT ATTORNEY

(Penn Yan, NY) The Yates County COPS Law Enforcement Union has endorsed Todd Casella in this year’s campaign for Yates County District Attorney. The organization represents the Road Patrol and Criminal Investigations Division of the Yates County Sheriff’s Office.

In their letter of endorsement, Yates County COPS President Frank Ryan and Vice President Patrick Manahan said, “After careful consideration, we extend our endorsement to you in your candidacy for the position of District Attorney in Yates County. The position of District Attorney is an important part of the legal system that requires committed, and devoted enforcement of the law as well as compassion for the people we serve. Open and honest communications with all levels of law enforcement are essential to best serving the people of Yates County.”

“I am honored and humbled that the brave men and women of the Yates County Sherriff’s Office voted to endorse me to be the next Yates County District Attorney. No one knows better than them how important it is for a D.A. to have my commitment to justice, my dedication to work with law enforcement, and my passion for this important work,” said Mr. Casella. “It is clear they are ready for a change and I look forward to working closely with them to serve the great People of Yates County if elected.”

This important endorsement follow’s Mr. Casella previous law enforcement backing by the Police Benevolent Association of the New York State Troopers, which represents State Police in Yates County and throughout New York.

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom.

The General Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Mr Casella is a Republican who will appear on the Independence and Reform Party ballot lines.
Well that tells it all not one decent law enforcement officer is backing Gardner in Yates County, Val has had almost 4 years to prove she could handle the job but she has failed and now it's time to go away. Gardner has been a terrible District Attorney who has disgraced the District Attorney's office and let down the citizens of Yates county, Todd Casella is a good honest family man who will bring integrity back to the District Attorney's office.

Edited by helpme (09/21/17 05:47 AM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1504944 --- 09/21/17 08:58 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
To quote Albert Einstein: "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters"

Mr. Casella has engaged in unethical behavior from the onset of his campaign. His initial mailing was an all out attack. He should have been promoting his three years experience as a lawyer instead of attacking his opponent and throwing out lies.

Police Unions should remain neutral in elections involving the position of District Attorney. The police enforce the law, its a well founded principal they don't get to decide the punishment once their cases are sent to the District Attorney.

#1504946 --- 09/21/17 09:22 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: cheesehead]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
Tell us what Casella said in court Gene. I hope it is a first hand account..

If you want a first hand account get a transcript of his testimony.

#1504947 --- 09/21/17 09:25 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic
OK so that is two out of the three. Should be interesting to see if the Penn yan police step up and voice their opinion?

The subject of endorsing candidates for Judge and District Attorney had come up numerous times in past years at the Penn Yan PBA. It was always decided that the Police Union would not get involved in politics regarding those positions.

#1504970 --- 09/21/17 07:05 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
To quote Albert Einstein: "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters"

Mr. Casella has engaged in unethical behavior from the onset of his campaign. His initial mailing was an all out attack. He should have been promoting his three years experience as a lawyer instead of attacking his opponent and throwing out lies.

Police Unions should remain neutral in elections involving the position of District Attorney. The police enforce the law, its a well founded principal they don't get to decide the punishment once their cases are sent to the District Attorney.
Actually police unions are the best source of information! They deal with the DA on a daily basis! They know what kind of job she is doing?

#1505019 --- 09/22/17 08:11 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

I am glad you put a question mark at the end of your statement.

Police actually don't deal with the DA on a daily basis. When they write traffic tickets and make misdemeanor arrests they put together a "DA packet" and send it to the DA's office. They generally would not hear from the DA unless there was a question about the paperwork they submitted.

On felony arrests they would have contact if there were a preliminary hearing scheduled or if the case was going to be presented to a Grand Jury.

The police arrest people, its not their function to become involved in disposition of cases. That is up to the DA and defense attorney's in the overwhelming majority of cases.

#1505028 --- 09/22/17 11:40 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
helpme Offline

Gardner's last supporter made a call to Bob Lounsberry talk show this morning claiming Gardner has saved taxpayers money backfired in her face, Bob explained that he attended the Scope party at the firemen's field and he was told by many Scope members that Casella was the one that they were backing because Val was unfit to hold the office of District Attorney.

Edited by helpme (09/22/17 11:41 AM)

#1505048 --- 09/22/17 02:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Sorry helpme, have to take what you say with a grain of salt. I have read an email from one "SCOPE" member who pretends to say he is trying to be unbiased, then goes on in the email with incorrect information that someone fed him or he was intentionally lying. How long is Casella going to try and play the "she is afraid of me card".

Has he ever owned up or given a reasonable explanation why he used three different addresses when filing paperwork with the county? Apparently the tale he tried to spin in court didn't work!

#1505055 --- 09/22/17 04:59 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

Loc: Yates county
I do hereby declare that helpme and gassy one are both unfit to judge any candidate for county office. These two would ask an elementary school teacher with 3 years of service to become principal of the school! You two spew the irrationality of the absurd. It's like reading a comic book.

#1505058 --- 09/22/17 11:17 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
I am glad you put a question mark at the end of your statement.

Police actually don't deal with the DA on a daily basis. When they write traffic tickets and make misdemeanor arrests they put together a "DA packet" and send it to the DA's office. They generally would not hear from the DA unless there was a question about the paperwork they submitted.

On felony arrests they would have contact if there were a preliminary hearing scheduled or if the case was going to be presented to a Grand Jury.

The police arrest people, its not their function to become involved in disposition of cases. That is up to the DA and defense attorney's in the overwhelming majority of cases.
The police know if they have a good case Gene who you trying to fool and whether the DA is doing her job correctly or out dancing on bar tops!

#1505059 --- 09/22/17 11:19 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Enigma3]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Enigma3
I do hereby declare that helpme and gassy one are both unfit to judge any candidate for county office. These two would ask an elementary school teacher with 3 years of service to become principal of the school! You two spew the irrationality of the absurd. It's like reading a comic book.
In your opinion which don't amount to crap!I would rather take the three year teacher! They don't have as many establishment butts to kiss to get the job!

#1505076 --- 09/23/17 03:16 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
I am on the fence.

Casella is new and energetic yet not truly experienced. The address stuff was troubling at first to me, but his explanation makes sense to me now. That being said, still a 'rookie' mistake.

From people who see the current DA's in action, I hear some troubling things. Those things concern me as well. Some say, how much worse can it get? That is very troubling to me.

So on the fence I sit hoping for the facts to aid my decision.

#1505081 --- 09/23/17 07:20 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

cheehead, Ms. Gardner is an upgrade from the previous D.A. She entered her first term with no support or assistance from the outgoing D.A. The prior D.A. only tried two felony cases his first term and didn't win either of them. I believe she has tried three felony cases and won them all.

She kept her promise of making the office more efficent by asking the legislature to eliminate a full time ADA position. (Something the outgoing D.A. didn't want to do and the legislature agreed with him at the time)

Once she entered office the position was eliminated and the taxpayers have saved $300,000 so far, with those savings continuing to add up every year.

Her conviction rate is outstanding, (second in the state for DWI convictions) she is a long time resident who is involved in the community. Her opponent has no connection to Yates County. She now has the experience of running that office along with running her own office prior to being elected.

I would like to see you get off that fence before you get hemorroids!! smile

#1505091 --- 09/23/17 10:39 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
So, the question remains. Why don't those sworn to enforce the law support her, this doesn't make any sense to me.

#1505092 --- 09/23/17 10:58 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
Unfortunately Gene, your Achilles heal seems to always reveal your disdain for Cook. People should be over it, he is the judge.

I am looking at the current DA on her own merits and weighing whether Casella is a better option. When people ask whether it can worse with a new DA; that draws my concern. His lack of experience is also draws my concern.

#1505100 --- 09/23/17 12:43 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Experience is gained through hard work and perseverance. Willingness to tackle any task at hand. How many years someone has in a job doesn't always reflect that they are good at it.

#1505104 --- 09/23/17 03:45 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
gassy one Offline

Experience is gained through hard work and perseverance. Willingness to tackle any task at hand. How many years someone has in a job doesn't always reflect that they are good at it.
Exactly!

#1505105 --- 09/23/17 03:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
gassy one Offline

So, the question remains. Why don't those sworn to enforce the law support her, this doesn't make any sense to me.
She has no support from law enforcement which is a big red flag!

#1505113 --- 09/23/17 04:01 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Gardner claims she has more than 20 years experience as a prosecutor, than why does Casella have more trials then her over 600 and 40 of those were felony trials in just 3 years? Something isn't adding up and it's Gardner's overall experience.

Edited by helpme (09/23/17 04:05 PM)

#1505114 --- 09/23/17 04:11 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: cheesehead]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
Unfortunately Gene, your Achilles heal seems to always reveal your disdain for Cook. People should be over it, he is the judge.

I am looking at the current DA on her own merits and weighing whether Casella is a better option. When people ask whether it can worse with a new DA; that draws my concern. His lack of experience is also draws my concern.

Cheehead, you are not fooling anyone, you have been supporting Casella from the get go. To answer your previous question, you threw out the question of being on the fence. Well, I gave you a comparison to the former DA without mentioning his name. If you are truly trying to figure a benchmark for comparison, the best comparision would be to the previous DA. Its called apples to apples.

I think you and your friends need to "get over it", recruiting Casella by disgruntled Cook friends and family is what you are all about.

Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >