FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 48 of 83 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1507309 --- 10/26/17 06:10 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/26/rex-tillerson-joke-curl-up-ball-244211

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who has repeatedly endured apparent slights from President Donald Trump, said on Thursday that some days he feels like he needs to “curl up in a ball.”

While he denied he's eyeing the exit, Tillerson did not explicitly deny calling the president a moron.

FingerLakes1.com
#1507324 --- 10/26/17 09:16 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

So you never called your boss a moron Kyle?

#1507351 --- 10/27/17 02:09 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: gassy one

Why would he? He hasn't ever been employed by you. grin

#1507353 --- 10/27/17 03:51 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I never worked for a boss who was this big of a self-centered idiot and so full of himself.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...ent-person.html

Donald Trump’s mental capabilities, or lack thereof, have been in the news recently. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly called him a “fucking moron,” and then pointedly refused to deny having said it. More recently, the Washington Post reports, “lawmakers in both parties increasingly consider him an untrustworthy, chronically inconsistent and easily distracted negotiator.”

And so Trump has been forced to remind the country that elected him, sort of, that he does in fact possess a keen intellect. “I went to an Ivy League college. I was a nice student. I did very well. I’m a very intelligent person,” he stated, by way of correcting the false accounts of many people who have worked with him and concluded otherwise.

Trump has had to issue this reminder on numerous occasions: “I went to the Wharton School of Business. I’m, like, a really smart person.” (July 2015); “I’m, like, a smart person.” (December 2016); “Trust me, I’m, like, a smart person.” (January 2017); plus, of course, this classic from July 2016:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, okay, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, okay, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged. …”

Intelligence is a complex trait with many dimensions, but in general, one of the hallmarks of intelligent people is that they are frequently announcing to others that they are very smart.

#1507372 --- 10/27/17 12:56 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
The U.S. economy unexpectedly maintained a brisk pace of growth in the third quarter as an increase in inventory investment and a smaller trade deficit offset a hurricane-related slowdown in consumer spending and a decline in construction. Gross domestic product increased at a 3.0 percent annual rate in the July-September period after expanding at a 3.1 percent pace in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said on Friday. The department said while it was impossible to estimate the overall impact of hurricanes Harvey and Irma on third-quarter GDP, preliminary estimates showed that the back-to-back storms had caused losses of $121.0 billion in privately owned fixed assets and $10.4 billion in government-owned fixed assets.
I tend to believe that presidents often get too much blame and credit for the performance of the nation's economy, but a credible case can be made that Trump's deregulation and pro-business signals, coupled with the (advancing) promise of tax reform, have fostered confidence and optimism.

Edited by cwjga (10/27/17 12:57 PM)

#1507375 --- 10/27/17 01:09 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground

#1507391 --- 10/27/17 08:15 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Corporations are very optimistic about the future proving you wrong! Profits are at all time highs along with the stock market! That shows me optimism not pessimism!

#1507643 --- 10/31/17 09:51 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
gassy one Offline

#1507647 --- 10/31/17 09:57 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Corporations are very optimistic about the future proving you wrong! Profits are at all time highs along with the stock market! That shows me optimism not pessimism!

Yet Trump and his surrogates are wondering, who's next for the PO PO to come knocking. If data serves us correct, one of the arrested owns homes on the Hampton, thousands of dollars worth of closes etc. yet somehow he is under house arrest. Intelligent voters are looking for a fair piece of the pie but trumpites are willing to give away their assets and live beneath their privileges just to keep the rich happy. THAT shows me sheer ignorance.

#1507649 --- 10/31/17 10:01 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

If you haven't figured out both parties are for the rich donors you are more ignorant than I thought! Just look at Weinstein and Clinton!

Edited by gassy one (10/31/17 10:01 AM)

#1507651 --- 10/31/17 10:09 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, that's your problem son, I'm an Independent and vote according to what mistakes were made by any party at any given time. I can't help that you're ingrained to just one party that previously destroyed the economy and put us in 2 major wars. It's apparent that history taught you nothing.

#1507654 --- 10/31/17 10:20 AM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
If you haven't figured out both parties are for the rich donors you are more ignorant than I thought! Just look at Weinstein and Clinton!

To suggest that it's equally so among parties, or that guilt by association is somehow a valid argument, is the quintessential pinnacle of pig-ignorance.

Your move, Spanky.
smirk

#1507715 --- 10/31/17 05:52 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

If you don't think the Democrats like their rich donors you are a moron! They can't wait for all their Hollywood celebrities to dole out the cash! Example! WEINSTEIN!

#1507735 --- 10/31/17 06:35 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

ROFLMAO. They sure want it both ways.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/31/trump-robert-mueller-indictments-response-244361

White House wants credit for Papadopoulos arrest

Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed that Mueller’s probe brought down Papadopoulos only because of White House cooperation.

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM and LOUIS NELSON

10/31/2017 09:10 AM EDT Updated 10/31/2017 04:18 PM EDT

#1507738 --- 10/31/17 06:54 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

It’s not clear when Mueller’s next bombshells will land. And that has put Washington on edge.

The only person with any significant control over events, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, gave no hints on his next move.

#1507740 --- 10/31/17 06:56 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Keith Olbermann&#8207;Verified account @KeithOlbermann 38m38 minutes ago

NEW VIDEO: The indictment of Manafort reads “together with others.” Is it possible Trump is an unindicted “Other”?

Did Trump Spot the Indictment’s Most Damning Phrase?
With three well-chosen words, Mueller hints that more people are going down.

57 replies 122 retweets 337 likes

#1507741 --- 10/31/17 06:58 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Washington Post&#8207;Verified account @washingtonpost 43m43 minutes ago

Opinion: Trump must be wondering who else is talking to Mueller

#1507934 --- 11/02/17 07:01 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1507945 --- 11/02/17 08:00 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

#1508129 --- 11/04/17 02:20 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Prosecutor to Trump: Shut Up or Face Gag Order From Russia Probe Special Counsel

Newsweek Tom Porter,Newsweek 2 hours 13 minutes ago
Reactions Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Special Counsel Robert Mueller could gag President Donald Trump if he criticizes and attempts to influence the investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump camp and Russia, according to a Watergate prosecutor.

The president lashed out at George Papadopoulos on Tuesday, after court records revealed that the former campaign aide pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI – indicating that he is cooperating with Mueller’s investigation.

According to an FBI affidavit, Papadopulos attempted to broker a meeting between the Trump campaign and Kremlin officials several times during the election campaign.

“Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar,” Trump posted on Twitter shortly after 8am local time, adding: “Check the DEMS!”

Attorney Nick Akerman, a prosecutor in the Watergate investigations, told Politico Friday that Mueller could issue a gagging order to prevent the president interfering with the investigation.

He warned that the president had defamed a potential government witness who is likely to be called in a federal trial.

Don't miss: Lebanese Prime Minister Resigns, Fearing Assassination

“This could be grounds for Mueller to obtain a gag order on Trump,” Akerman said. “It would be unprecedented, but he is interfering with the government’s right to a fair trial.”

In order for a gag order to be imposed on the president, Mueller would have to have the request signed off by a federal judge who agreed that the president’s public statements risked prejudicing the case. The federal judge overseeing the criminal trial of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and business partner Rick Gates, who were indicted Monday, said she is inclined to impose a gag order in the case.

Trump’s statements on the Mueller probe were one of several during the week in which he criticized ongoing criminal investigations.

In the wake of Wednesday’s New York terror attack, Trump called for the death penalty against prime suspect Sayfullo Saipov, and Friday described as “a complete and total disgrace” a military judge’s decision not to impose prison time on Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for abandoning his post in Afghanistan.

Most popular: Iran Protesters Torch Trump Effigy and Parade Missile to Mark Anniversary of U.S. Embassy Takeover

In an interview Thursday with talk radio host Larry O’Connor, Trump lamented that he was unable to take an active role in federal law enforcement investigations.

“The saddest thing is, because I am the president of the United States, I am not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department,” Trump told O’Connor. “I’m not supposed to be involved with the FBI. I’m not supposed to be doing the kind of things I would love to be doing and I am very frustrated by it.

“It’s very discouraging to me. I’ll be honest, I’m very unhappy with it, that the Justice Department isn’t going … maybe they are, but you know, as president — and I think you understand this — as a president you’re not supposed to be involved in that process.”

Trump has previously been criticised for using Twitter to criticize opponents ranging from sports stars and TV actors to North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

After charges were filed against former campaign aides Manafort and Gates Monday, Trump was restrained by senior legal advisers from lashing out at Mueller. White House lawyer's told reporters the president was co-operating with the investigation. Former chief strategist Steve Bannon has reportedly urged the president to take a more aggressive path, and hit back at the probe.

Three House Republicans filed a motion Friday calling for Mueller to recuse himself from the investigation over alleged conflict of interest, arguing Mueller is compromised because he served as FBI director when the Obama administration in 2010 signed off on a deal allowing a Russian company to purchase a Canadian energy company with uranium operations in the U.S.

Page 48 of 83 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 82 83 >