FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1507416 --- 10/28/17 08:21 AM Canandaigua police shooting
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
Would anyone chime in on the 4th Amendment issues that put the cop in the apartment legally? I am not sure there was any mention of extigent circumstances asIde from the check the welfare call. Can landlords let people into apartments for just about any reason? She did not show up for work and the cops go in? Sounds fishy to me. Isn’t the cop an assistant district attorney in Wayne County.? How do all those politics play into this investigation. Where is the FBI in this matter? When I hear “transparency” used in press releases it makes me concerned. The state police major looks like he is doing long division in his head whenever he answers a question. That is troubling.

Edited by cheesehead (10/28/17 08:35 AM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1507439 --- 10/28/17 08:38 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
gassy one Offline

I believe they can enter with the landlords permission in a perceived emergency! She did not answer phone calls or knocks on the door! I can see where they thought she might have a medical emergency! Now Sharpton's involved you know the race card will be played!

Edited by gassy one (10/28/17 08:39 PM)

#1507451 --- 10/28/17 11:04 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Get a life.

#1507453 --- 10/28/17 11:35 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: Wolf King]
Teonan Offline

Loc: The Annex
Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Get a life.

Look who itched being first on his block downing "card".

Race-baitin g assy.

#1507469 --- 10/29/17 07:53 AM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
ruby2 Offline

The entry might fall under Probable Cause.  However, there does seem to be something "off" about this shooting.  I need more information.  Nothing about it seems racial though.  However, in keeping with current thoughts by some on race today, maybe the white devils are now taking to going into black folks homes and shooting them there instead of on the street.

Reverend Al is coming to look into the matter.  When I think of Twana Brawley and how vigorously Rev Al defended her, I say prepare for a Circus which may or may not have anything to do with truth.

#1507471 --- 10/29/17 08:43 AM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: ruby2]
cheesehead Offline

Here are a couple questions I have:

Do you have to answer your phone?

Do you have to answer your door?

Do you have to call in to your work?

Do you have expectations of 4th amendment rights in your home?

Do you have expectations of 4th amendment rights in your bed?

Is the cop in a place where he can legally be when he used deadly force in self defense?

The police chief has said several that the cop was dispatched there. Do detectives normally get dispatched to check the welfare calls?

The police chief has said several times that the cop was let in by a pinnacle north representative. Do you have to lock you door? If the door is unlocked, can cops just come in?

#1507473 --- 10/29/17 09:19 AM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
ruby2 Offline

Cheesehead, you ask some very good and reasonable questions. I don't know the answers. Lawers would have to debate all the points related to her civil right to privacy and security in her own home under the circumstances of this particular case. There's a backstory here that we are not being told. Her past behavior, his past behavior, how well did they know each other, were they entangled in something other than a professional relationship? Those are some of my questions. But Al Sharpton, and racial, because she's a black woman seems far fetched at this point. An interesting mystery case for sure.

#1507476 --- 10/29/17 10:09 AM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
cheesehead Offline

The cop is a prosecutor in an adjoining county. I find it hard to believe that this is not a conflict of interest for the Ontario District Attorney. Luckily, the DA’S offIce already said at a press conference that the cop was in there legally.

Jut weird.

Edited by cheesehead (10/29/17 01:10 PM)

#1507485 --- 10/29/17 12:16 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
ruby2 Offline

It is weird. So many unanswered questions.  another bit of this that didn't fit for me was that the public was told the victim pulled a gun on officer and fired first.  Okay.  Thats odd and scary. But he knows her. Why didn't he just back off then.  She missed.  He would have to have unholstered his gun, chamber a bullet, and fire.  In that time he could have retreated temporarily.  unless he had his gun out and ready.  In that case, why?

Why not get out of there, she missed her shot (if in fact she shot first).you got her attention and your mercy call proved she was alive at the time.  Back off and get backup, call her on phone, etc.  She's a known individual, he worked with her.  Didn't he think, gee, that's weird, she fired on me she must be delirious, not recognize me, whatever.  But to return fire on an out sick co-worker during a check-up call, just doesn't make sense.  There's more to this story alright.

#1507493 --- 10/29/17 03:46 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
Cowgirl Offline

Loc: NY
People should question every arrest here in this county. From personal experience, I know how corrupt OCSD, povero, tantillo, and doran all are. The media no longer investigates, rather they write exactly what the corrupt tell them. There can be no justice in this county. Lets see how quick I get kicked off the forum this time. No one likes the truth here. I'm guessing retaliation may be involved.

#1507497 --- 10/29/17 05:54 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
Wolf King Offline

Cowgirl, I could not agree with you more. Spot on, madame, spot on.

#1507503 --- 10/29/17 07:33 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
cheesehead Offline

Who represents the dead lady? Who tells her story? Her family I guess. Sharpton is better than no one. Where is the FBI? Where is the ACLU?

#1507504 --- 10/29/17 08:00 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: Cowgirl]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Cowgirl
People should question every arrest here in this county. From personal experience, I know how corrupt OCSD, povero, tantillo, and doran all are. The media no longer investigates, rather they write exactly what the corrupt tell them. There can be no justice in this county. Lets see how quick I get kicked off the forum this time. No one likes the truth here. I'm guessing retaliation may be involved.
People like you make me laugh! Your life is in the dumper because of you! It's easy to blame somebody else instead of taking responsibility for your own actions!

#1507505 --- 10/29/17 08:02 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: Teonan]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Teonan
Get a life.

Race-baitin g assy.

It's true isn't it though! When a minority gets in trouble that's the first thing they do!

#1507506 --- 10/29/17 08:10 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
Here are a couple questions I have:

Do you have to answer your phone?

Do you have to answer your door?

Do you have to call in to your work?

Do you have expectations of 4th amendment rights in your home?

Do you have expectations of 4th amendment rights in your bed?

Is the cop in a place where he can legally be when he used deadly force in self defense?

The police chief has said several that the cop was dispatched there. Do detectives normally get dispatched to check the welfare calls?

The police chief has said several times that the cop was let in by a pinnacle north representative. Do you have to lock you door? If the door is unlocked, can cops just come in?
If it was a medical emergency and the cops didn't check on her there would be outrage over that!Landlords can legally enter your home if they feel an emergency is taking place!What difference does it make if he was a detective or not? According to the police officers account he addressed her by her first name so they could have had a working relationship!

#1507507 --- 10/29/17 08:13 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
Who represents the dead lady? Who tells her story? Her family I guess. Sharpton is better than no one. Where is the FBI? Where is the ACLU?
Sharpton is no one! Why does everybody try and make a national crisis out of everything?

#1507510 --- 10/29/17 08:24 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: cheesehead]
cheesehead Offline

There is a person who lost their life.....Who got “protected and served” by a cop who went to check on her welfare. She was alive before the cops got there apparently.....Not so much afterward.

#1507512 --- 10/29/17 08:25 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Originally Posted By: Cowgirl
People like you make me laugh! Your life is in the dumper because of you! It's easy to blame somebody else instead of taking responsibility for your own actions!

lmao! Literally all you do is blame others for your own shortcomings! The liberals/dems/commies/immigrants/Muslims/gays/freeloaders are the reason your a loser, in your own words.

#1507513 --- 10/29/17 08:26 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: gassy one]
Wolf King Offline

Get a life.

Race-baitin g assy.

It's true isn't it though! When a minority gets in trouble that's the first thing they do!

And a racist to boot.

#1507518 --- 10/29/17 08:32 PM Re: Canandaigua police shooting [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

Get a life.

Race-baitin g assy.

And a racist to boot.

Racist for telling the truth!

Edited by gassy one (10/29/17 08:34 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >