FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 46 of 83 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1507022 --- 10/23/17 08:49 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
HuffPost&#8207;Verified account @HuffPost 18m18 minutes ago

Megyn Kelly reveals she complained to Fox News about Bill O'Reilly http://huffp.st/MKMJvBo

FingerLakes1.com
#1507023 --- 10/23/17 08:50 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

USA TODAY&#8207;Verified account @USATODAY 9h9 hours ago

Sen. John McCain didn't exactly call the president a draft dodger. But … in a way… he did.

#1507024 --- 10/23/17 09:35 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
[you] claim to be a GUN DEALER...you hypocrite!

A stupid comment, since nowhere did I EVER make such an ignorant claim.

You sure did say you are a "GUN DEALER"

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Hell, I've probably sold more at auction in the past three months than you've ever owned. whistle

Oh, her God's sake, don't be obtuse: crazy crazy crazy

Do I need a License to buy and sell firearms?
Guidance to help you understand when a Federal Firearms License is required under federal law. -Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives:
https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

and...

Legal ATF definition of "Arms Dealer":
https://www.atf.gov/file/55456/download

#1507028 --- 10/24/17 01:03 AM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Economists: The Trump Tax Plan Is Pretty Much Deficit Neutral
Matt Vespa

It’s a given that Democrats are going to oppose President Trump on everything. Whatever the overtures from the Left about finding a bipartisanship consensus on legislation, or any other deal-making gestures by Democrats—we need to remind ourselves that it’s all crap. They’re not going to do anything to help this guy. They want him out in 2020 and tax reform, immigration reform, and bills that could make for a better job-creating environment are not going to allow that. So, what would be the economic benefits of the Trump tax reform package? The Free Beacon’s Ali Meyer broke it down. And quite frankly—it’s tremendous. The two main selling points: a possible five percent jump in GDP and a seven percent increase in wages [emphasis mine]:

President Donald Trump's tax reform framework could raise GDP by as much as 5 percent and wages by as much as 7 percent, according to a new study from Boston University economists.
"We find that, depending on the year considered, the new Republican tax plan raises GDP by between 3 and 5 percent and real wages by between 4 and 7 percent," the economists explain. "This translates into roughly $3,500 annually more annual real take-home pay for the average American household."
Economists believe this growth can happen due to the plan's aim to reduce the marginal effective corporate tax rate from 34.6 percent to 18.6 percent, which they believe will grow the capital stock by 12 to 20 percent.
While critics of the plan have said the tax cuts will add costs to the economy, the Boston University economists say the plan is essentially revenue neutral due to the economy's expected expansion. They point out that closing corporate tax loopholes helps keep the plan revenue neutral and increased revenues are a result of broadening the tax base.
[…]
The Boston University study is similar to the findings from the Council of Economic Advisers study put out earlier this week, which said that the average household income could increase by $4,000 annually if the corporate tax rate was cut from 35 percent to 20 percent.
Wait—this whole plan is deficit neutral. It could add $4,000 to an average households income if we cut the corporate tax rate—how is this not a winning issue? For all the bellyaching about Trump’s economic agenda, it’s paying off. The Dow Jones reached 23,000 for the first time ever, small business confidence has reached record highs; the same with consumer confidence indexes. The Trump White House is just better for business. Today, Boeing and Singapore signed a $14 billion airplane deal that will create 70,000 jobs. Democrats, you lost, now get out of the way so we can get some real job creation going. Also, remember when CNN said a Trump win would be disastrous for the market?

Edited by cwjga (10/24/17 01:04 AM)

#1507040 --- 10/24/17 07:19 AM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-trump-tax-plan-20171016-story.html

By slashing corporate tax rates, the Trump administration said Monday, the average U.S. household will get an estimated $4,000 more a year.

This stunning 5 percent increase was met with skepticism from tax experts and Democratic lawmakers who said the math was flawed. Spread across every U.S. household, the White House analysis claims it would generate "conservatively" an income jump totaling $504 billion, or about $200 billion more than the revenues currently generated by the corporate income tax.

With this new report, the White House is making a populist argument for its proposal to cut the 35 percent corporate tax rate to 20 percent. Trump has pitched his tax plan as supporting the middle class even though the details point to major companies and the wealthy as the biggest winners. Polls suggest that voters generally frown upon the idea of cutting taxes for businesses — essentially rewarding these firms for avoiding taxes by exploiting loopholes and keeping profits overseas.

"President Trump complains about fake news — this fake math is as bad as any of the so-called fake news he has complained about," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat. "This deliberate manipulation of numbers and facts could lead to messing up the good economy the president inherited."

#1507041 --- 10/24/17 07:22 AM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/trumps-dubious-4000-claim/

FactCheck.org

Trump’s Dubious $4,000 Claim

By Brooks Jackson
Posted on October 23, 2017

Would American households really see an average income increase of $4,000 a year if President Donald Trump succeeds in cutting the corporate income tax? Don’t count on it. This claim is dubious at best.

Consider this simple arithmetic:

There were 125,819,000 households in the U.S. last year, according to the Census Bureau. An average increase of $4,000 for each household would amount to a total income gain of more than $503 billion annually.
But the U.S. collected just $297 billion in corporate income taxes in fiscal year 2017, which ended Sept. 30, according to the U.S. Treasury.

So let’s say that Trump’s proposal to drop the top corporate rate to 20 percent (from the current 35 percent) reduces the corporate tax accordingly by $127 billion. How can that spur an income gain of $500 billion?

#1507060 --- 10/24/17 12:23 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

It's called economic growth Kyle! Ever heard of that?

#1507064 --- 10/24/17 12:44 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
It's called economic growth Kyle! Ever heard of that?
We are about at full growth now. Thanks to Obama's recovery from Bush's great recession. Tax cuts will create more stimulus for the same goods which means a lot of inflation. Nothing else

#1507070 --- 10/24/17 01:33 PM Re: The Trump defect continues! More WHINING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-gops-big-lie-about-tax-cuts_us_59ee8793e4b08bce72fe0334

Call it the refusal of “trickle-down economics” to die. Ever since Ronald Reagan introduced the idea, Republicans have clung to a very mistaken concept &#8213; that tax cuts always pay for themselves. Though proven false again and again, this is the fallback Republican position when trying to hoodwink the American public into massive tax cuts for those at the tippy-top of the income scale. “Don’t worry,” the GOP tells the public, “these tax cuts will generate so much new growth that they will pay for themselves!” As always, the reality turns out to fall far short of this lofty goal.

Exposing the GOP’s “big lie” about tax cuts is easy &#8213; all you have to do is look at the last time they tried it (or, for that matter, the time before that, or the time before that...) A new report by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (C.B.P.P.) examines exactly what happened the last time this snake oil was sold to the American public, in detail. Titled “The Legacy of the 2001 and 2003 ‘Bush’ Tax Cuts,” it clearly shows what an empty promise “tax cuts always pay for themselves” truly is.

#1507077 --- 10/24/17 02:14 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: kyle585
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/trumps-dubious-4000-claim/

FactCheck.org

Trump’s Dubious $4,000 Claim

By Brooks Jackson
Posted on October 23, 2017

Would American households really see an average income increase of $4,000 a year if President Donald Trump succeeds in cutting the corporate income tax? Don’t count on it. This claim is dubious at best.

Consider this simple arithmetic:

There were 125,819,000 households in the U.S. last year, according to the Census Bureau. An average increase of $4,000 for each household would amount to a total income gain of more than $503 billion annually.
But the U.S. collected just $297 billion in corporate income taxes in fiscal year 2017, which ended Sept. 30, according to the U.S. Treasury.

So let’s say that Trump’s proposal to drop the top corporate rate to 20 percent (from the current 35 percent) reduces the corporate tax accordingly by $127 billion. How can that spur an income gain of $500 billion?

Much easier when only about 45,000,000 of those households actually pay taxes. I am shocked that a liberal would fudge the numbers. Sarcasm alert.

Edited by cwjga (10/24/17 02:15 PM)

#1507080 --- 10/24/17 03:06 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/gop-tax-rate-cut-wealthy/

Who will pay for Trump's wall?
How do we pay the the much needed failing infrastructure?
Modern technology is eliminating jobs through the introduction of robotics.
You trumpites ask him when will he bring his factories to the states and pay workers a fair wage.
What tax bracket is trump himself in?

funny how Conservatives ignore the numbers and facts.

#1507087 --- 10/24/17 04:40 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac

You trumpites ask him when will he bring his factories to the states and pay workers a fair wage.

Tariffs on imported goods from Mexico!
Same way as we pay for everything else!
Workforce is getting smaller as USA gets older! Don't need as many workers!
NAFTA renegotiation will take care of that!
I could care less!

#1507090 --- 10/24/17 04:47 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Originally Posted By: Formermac

Tariffs on imported goods from Mexico!
Same way as we pay for everything else!
Workforce is getting smaller as USA gets older! Don't need as many workers!
NAFTA renegotiation will take care of that!
I could care less!

Have you ever been in a position of authority son?
what's the price of a TV set, cell phone or any electronics?
American goods are inexpensive because they're made outside of United States at a cheap price. If and when we bring all these goods back to the states, what will be the cost effect?
lastly when people "can care less" why do they respond in the first place?

#1507092 --- 10/24/17 04:54 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Cost will be same! Any new factory will be automated! I could care less because your point is stupid at best!

#1507094 --- 10/24/17 04:58 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

yes I'm laughing very hard at your ignorance, as I sit here, I'm writing a contracting proposal, what's your claim to fame? Once again, argument versus reality or do I believe those lying debates? Fact son, go down to the Southern regions as I speak and price construction material, gas etc.

#1507095 --- 10/24/17 05:05 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

I'm very familiar with construction material prices! They go up and they go down! I think you are showing who the ignorant one is very clearly!

#1507099 --- 10/24/17 05:13 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

ROTFLMAO, materials constantly goes up and manufacturing feverishly look for more reason to raise cost even when the demand isn't there. Question son, what's the present cost of 12/3 wire @ 100 ft.? How much for 5/8 sheetrock in 10 ft length? Something I do everyday while you do what? laugh

#1507102 --- 10/24/17 05:21 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

12/2Rx250 $56.99! 5/8 sheetrock $15 to $17 depending on type & quality! Any more question? LOL!

#1507105 --- 10/24/17 05:27 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Funny how you "GOOGLE" that supposed fact while showing your again ignorance. Prices went up again as of last week son due to the fact that manufactures are scrambling to get those materials to Puerto Rico, Caribbean, Florida and Texas. I love it when a person must use his toes and fingers to count to 19 while arguing with mathematicians.

#1507108 --- 10/24/17 05:31 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! More WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
gassy one Offline

Obviously you are the idiot for buying at the wrong place! LOL! Those are the prices I used yesterday!

Page 46 of 83 < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 82 83 >