FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1506707 --- 10/17/17 06:37 PM Seneca Falls Elections
Crazy Offline

With the Town Board Elections around the corner.Here's a little food for thought.
Half the Canadidates are for the Dump and the other half are Against the Dump.Who among the Votes can say that if the Dump does end up Closing as planned , will be able to afford their Taxes?How any will be moving out of the area if their Taxes increase.Which they will.Because the Town can not Support itself without their help.I don't agree with all of the name calling and Bullying that some people in this town have been doing.Plus the fact that certain people can't mind their own business and let the Town Board Held everything.They are the people that we Elected last year , So I feel that we should let them do their Job, instead of name calling.It's time that this Town start coming together instead of tearing each other apart.Our Town has been in the News way too much over the Dump and over the Town Board members having personal issues with each.I say enough is enough.

FingerLakes1.com
#1506720 --- 10/17/17 08:59 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
SF Board needs to control spending, with or without the Dump. I agree there is too much negatives, in the news about the Dump & SF. Plus, SF has other areas that need attention also. It obvious watching the SF Boarding meetings, that the board is split and there are member issues. Please give a positive that this SF Board has done since elected..???!!! I can't think of 1!!

#1506726 --- 10/18/17 02:07 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
How did Seneca Falls, and Waterloo for that matter, ever run without the dump money years ago? Maybe, just maybe its time to pull our heads out of the clouds and become more responsible with the monies we have.

#1506727 --- 10/18/17 05:30 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Code Red]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
How did Waterloo and Seneca Falls get along without the dump you ask. Well I'LL tell you how, they dumped trash all over the place. They dumped trash on just about every dead end street and every farm field all around the village and town.In 1970 the DEC came along and put an end to all that. Without the dump and cheap dumping you might not have Gould's or any other business. If you think trash disposal is not an issue for business just look a little closer next time you go down Fall street and look at the dump Gould's has on their property.

#1506729 --- 10/18/17 05:46 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
scwoodchuck Offline

Crazy why would you vote for an ANTI DUMP CANDIDATE when they have lied to you about the adverse environmental effects of the landfill ? The crap about protecting the lakes and ground water, toxic landfill gas, high cancer rates is all fear mongering. These people claim the landfill is bullying and intimidating and hiding the truth when that is exactly what they have been doing all along. The Town Board has to make decisions based on fact not scare tactics. People like Churchill have been lying to you for years just to get elected. You have let some radical environmental activists lead you down a path of SELF DESTRUCTION.

#1506743 --- 10/18/17 08:53 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

SMI's monies have never gone for Town Taxes. The taxes fluctuate with expenditures. Stop the fear tactics with the tax talk and read the budget. Stop waiting for the "call" that never comes and create a plan for growth. Too many opportunities that are not being developed. Time to change the "retiree" decision making and think future.

#1506748 --- 10/18/17 11:31 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

I agree, there are a lot of GHOST TOWNS out west that are popular tourist attractions. grin

#1506770 --- 10/18/17 09:45 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
lol retired teachers and people who actually care about and get involved in their communities are now "radical environmentalists?" Just because you can't understand the science does not means it's not true. I refuse to believe that Seneca Falls and Waterloo cannot exist with the largest pile of other people's reeking filth in the state on their outskirts. Plenty of other communities do it just fine. Prove to me 53 million tons of garbage is healthy to breathe in on a daily basis.

#1506771 --- 10/18/17 09:50 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

The "name calling and bullying" have been coming from certain town board members who can't stand their egos being challenged. Members of the community have every last right to question their elected officials at every chance they can get. They work for us, not the other way around. It is our business. If they don't like it, they can resign.

p.s. town taxes ONLY MAY see a slight increase. Your county taxes, property taxes, school taxes will not increase one cent. Your mortgage will not go up.

p.p.s. LL3 gives that dump and the town 9 years to figure out a plan for its closure. That is plenty of time to work out their finances. No landfill goes on forever. They all close down eventually. This idea of that dump giving handouts into the sunset is not reality. It will close someday, like it or not.

#1506775 --- 10/18/17 10:52 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Code Red Offline

"I refuse to believe that Seneca Falls and Waterloo cannot exist with the largest pile of other people's reeking filth in the state on their outskirts"

This was my point. The towns both existed before the dump, and will continue after the dump is gone. When the "Community Benefits" deals started both towns loosened up the belts on money to do things that were not necessary. So the belts will have to be tightened. They have 9 years to come back to reality and figure out a solid plan. The Landfill has become a Landoverfill now and it cant survive its footprint much longer. How many more hundreds of acers of land do we want to forfeit for their gain ?

#1506780 --- 10/19/17 07:02 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Code Red]
scwoodchuck Offline

Breach of contract, ever hear of that ? If Seneca Falls violates the Community Benefits Agreement the landfill can stop the money now, so much for your 9 years. Like so many other municipalities in the north east your infrastructure is falling apart. You can't make the necessary repairs without raising taxes or taking landfill money. But you guys flunked math so there is no hope of you ever figuring that out. But you married money so you don't need to know math.

#1506787 --- 10/19/17 08:30 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

"Breach of Contract"? You should read the agreement before making statements. SMI is and has been responsible for on time payments and legal fees, why has this been overlooked? Business is business. There are many, many ways to make necessary repairs without raising taxes. Proactive planning, grants, responsible fiduciary controls, and compromise are ways successful small community governments approach this. If any entity decides not to hold up their responsibilities by way of legalize manipulation, review their infrastructure responsibilities. Are they paying their fair share of school or property taxes or are they using PILOT programs? Are they paying their just portion of water/sewer costs or are they paying what common household owners are charged? Is the town government trying to diversify their portfolio or are they placing all their eggs in one basket? Again, think future opportunities not "retiree" maintenance!

#1506788 --- 10/19/17 09:34 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Code Red Offline

"But you married money so you don't need to know math." LOL, not anymore. And you have missed the point. All these years the towns have had Uncle Moneybags there. How did they do it before he came around? These CBPrograms weren't around when I grew up in Waterloo.They only statement I am trying to make is, now they will have to start using the funds that they have available and not hold their hand out to SMI. But another big issue I fear is when the dump does close, and SMI basically walks away, and 10 to 15 years down the road there is leakage or some even bigger problem, who will be paying for that? Yup Waterloo and Seneca Falls.

#1506792 --- 10/19/17 10:25 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

Negotiate the rights for the power released from the dump. This will also be there forever and it may be due compensation to closing the gap on clean up and maintenance. I believe that SMI cannot walk away from their responsibilities once overall collection has ceased. Working together to effectively compromise and benefit. SMI does have an exit strategy, that's how successful corporations operate.

#1506797 --- 10/19/17 11:14 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

Well it's obvious you 2 don't have a clue as to how things work. The landfill once capped and water can't get in there is almost no chance of any kind of leak. There is something like 15,000,000 dollars already set aside for anything that is needed after the landfill closes and the State will be responsible. Now would you 2 please try to explain exactly where Seneca Falls would be if the dump never existed. Your perfect little town is falling apart with the millions it has gotten in the past. Just exactly where do you think it would be today. The entire State of New York is going down the toilet but somehow you think Seneca Falls could have done better , what a joke you are !

#1506798 --- 10/19/17 11:27 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

OINK
https://goo.gl/images/GwuVCZ

Tell you what, take your lawn chairs down to the old village of Waterloo dump on Main Street and wait for something to happen like you claim will happen at SMI and report back. Nothing has happened in over 50 years and that dump is far more toxic than SMI.

Also explain why the current board is responsible for something that has been going on for decades.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/19/17 11:56 AM)

#1506801 --- 10/19/17 12:08 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

Again, the future is what we are all referring to. We cannot change what was done in the past but we can take advantage of what the future holds. You enjoy pointing fingers and using bullying rhetoric but you have never suggested constructive suggestions to go forward. If you come in to the office and give 3 reasons of how bad things are without suggestions on how to help fix them, then that is the definition of "whining". The "dump" is not the primary issue, it is the failure to develop a comprehensive strategy for growth and sustainability which you have no interest in since everything that has been attempted is the only thing that can be done. That's a little insane, isn't?

#1506810 --- 10/19/17 04:12 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

What's insane is having a conversation with you and your kind. The board has asked every department too cut their budget by 15% and cut back on all unnecessary spending. The board is trying to fix infrastructure problems that have existed for 30 years or more. The only problem is you cannot be satisfied. You are the one using bullying rhetoric. The board has offered constructive suggestions and has taken action you are repeating the same strategy the board has already implemented.

#1506811 --- 10/19/17 05:16 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

"Your kind"? Please expound, what are "my kind"? This is what I am referring to as Bullying Rhetoric. It was 10% not 15%. Infrastructure problems, those are a given but handing out raises to elected officials who had the choice for running for the position, Wow! Let's show the public that we are looking closely at the budget and announce that we are doing something then in a flash OK a raise. How about proudly stating that the board is actively pursuing economic development and spends over $50,000 for part time position. Another example for you, making the decision to replace the sitting Town Attorney with a more expensive one. What, aren't all of our citizens aware of these few decisions. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

#1506812 --- 10/19/17 05:54 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Breach of contract, ever hear of that ? If Seneca Falls violates the Community Benefits Agreement the landfill can stop the money now, so much for your 9 years. Like so many other municipalities in the north east your infrastructure is falling apart. You can't make the necessary repairs without raising taxes or taking landfill money. But you guys flunked math so there is no hope of you ever figuring that out. But you married money so you don't need to know math.

It is not a breach of contract, so you can spare us your employer's fear-mongering right now. SMI themselves agreed to the 2025 closure date in the 2007 host community benefits agreement. LL3 simply holds them to their word. And even if it were a "breach of contract", contracts can go straight to hell when the health and well-being of community members and their children are at stake.

#1506813 --- 10/19/17 06:03 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Well it's obvious you 2 don't have a clue as to how things work. The landfill once capped and water can't get in there is almost no chance of any kind of leak. There is something like 15,000,000 dollars already set aside for anything that is needed after the landfill closes and the State will be responsible. Now would you 2 please try to explain exactly where Seneca Falls would be if the dump never existed. Your perfect little town is falling apart with the millions it has gotten in the past. Just exactly where do you think it would be today. The entire State of New York is going down the toilet but somehow you think Seneca Falls could have done better , what a joke you are !

Your former boss, Don Gentilcore, said it himself: "All landfill liners leak." It is a simple eventuality. Toxic leachate is so corrosive it eats through several inches of steel piping. Given enough time, it WILL eat through the liner. You think your taxes will go up without the dump? Wait until your watershed has been poisoned with landfill leachate.

#1506814 --- 10/19/17 07:41 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Gentilcore said no such thing. But you're so smart tell me if the clay liner will leak. And explain why there is no ground water contamination where there is no liner. That's right part of SMI was built before plastic liners were even used. Why don't you check on Ontario county's landfill, it was started in 1974 before liners were used. So tell us what the life expectancy is of the compacted clay liner. Almost forgot, what about the second liner ? You know if the first liner leaks when leachate shows up in the liner underneath. How many times has that happened ?

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/19/17 07:49 PM)

#1506815 --- 10/19/17 07:56 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf King

It is not a breach of contract, so you can spare us your employer's fear-mongering right now. SMI themselves agreed to the 2025 closure date in the 2007 host community benefits agreement. LL3 simply holds them to their word. And even if it were a "breach of contract", contracts can go straight to hell when the health and well-being of community members and their children are at stake.
If people are really concerned about their kids they'd move.

#1506816 --- 10/19/17 08:09 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Gentilcore said no such thing.

But... The EPA Most Assuredly DID!

Read and Learn:
http://www.rachel.org/?q=es/node/4429

And...

New Evidence That All Landfills Leak:
https://ratical.org/corporations/RHWN316.txt

Analyzing Why ALL Landfills Leak:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn116.htm

Why Plastic Landfill Liners Always Fail:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn217.htm

Leachate Collection Systems: The Achilles' Heel Of Landfills:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn119.htm

Why Every Landfill Liner Leaks:
http://landfill-site.com/landfill-liner-leaks.html

Landfill Failures - The Buried Truth:
https://socm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Landfill-Failures-PUB-0091.pdf

Landfill Liners only DELAY, not Prevent FAILURE.

#1506817 --- 10/19/17 08:16 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Nothing lasts forever but in time the landfill will be considered NO threat to the environment or human health. May I suggest you search the DEC, because the NO LONGER A THREAT determination has been declared on the north hill at SMI. :-P

Why are NONE of your links for an actual EPA site, just sayin wink

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/19/17 08:19 PM)

#1506826 --- 10/19/17 11:21 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

Stay on topic, the Elections will be a determining factor on what happens economically, if we have representation as citizens, and if we can re-establish leadership and reasoning. At this point, none of it exists.

#1506827 --- 10/20/17 05:02 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Why are NONE of your links for an actual EPA site, just sayin wink

I guess you don't know how to read: "FEDERAL REGISTER - May 26, '81, pgs. 28314 - 28328."

#1506831 --- 10/20/17 05:30 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: OINK
SMI's monies have never gone for Town Taxes. The taxes fluctuate with expenditures. Stop the fear tactics with the tax talk and read the budget. Stop waiting for the "call" that never comes and create a plan for growth. Too many opportunities that are not being developed. Time to change the "retiree" decision making and think future.
so what is the topic ? Or do you just say that when you're losing the argument, like everyone else.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/20/17 05:31 AM)

#1506839 --- 10/20/17 09:40 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

I'm casting my vote for scwoodchuck! He has all the answers and can deflect any question. Leadership that we haven't witnessed in a long time, well, I may be mistaken....

#1507011 --- 10/23/17 11:29 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Gentilcore said no such thing.

But... The EPA Most Assuredly DID!

Read and Learn:
http://www.rachel.org/?q=es/node/4429

And...

New Evidence That All Landfills Leak:
https://ratical.org/corporations/RHWN316.txt

Analyzing Why ALL Landfills Leak:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn116.htm

Why Plastic Landfill Liners Always Fail:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn217.htm

Leachate Collection Systems: The Achilles' Heel Of Landfills:
http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/rhwn119.htm

Why Every Landfill Liner Leaks:
http://landfill-site.com/landfill-liner-leaks.html

Landfill Failures - The Buried Truth:
https://socm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Landfill-Failures-PUB-0091.pdf

Ya know it really doesn't matter what you think, liners are the law. However I do realize that you think you're above the law. grin
http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/23719.html

#1507012 --- 10/23/17 01:29 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Ya know it really doesn't matter what you think, liners are the law. However I do realize that you think you're above the law. grin

What matters is that virtually every single claim that you make concerning landfill safety is ultimately proven to be... 'unreliable'.

Now, what's this nonsense about me believing myself to be above the law, or is that just you experiencing another one of your frequent psychotic episodes (not that I'm judging)?

#1507017 --- 10/23/17 03:33 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

OK so just explain what the liners will be leaking when they eventually fail. Once capped no water can get in the pile of trash and it will dry out. It's called a dry toumb for a reason. As far as my mental state the psychiatric staff here will attest to my being perfectly normal.

By the way you seem to have a lot of your"OWN facts" that nobody agrees with.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/23/17 03:37 PM)

#1507026 --- 10/23/17 05:50 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
scwoodchuck Offline

So can we get back to the election ? Did anybody watch the video on FL1 where they interviewed the 2 Democrats running for the town board ? In my opinion it was all criticism of the current board but no solutions.

#1507046 --- 10/24/17 06:03 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Somebody should tell Avery his platform is over 30 years old. Best part is they kept saying it will take time to turn Seneca Falls around but the present board has had less than 2 years. What does a music teacher know about business or economics ? He has proven he knows absolutely nothing about environmental issues and he is president of the Environmental Action Committee. This guy is a joke right from the start.

#1507148 --- 10/24/17 04:36 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
Somebody should tell Avery his platform is over 30 years old. Best part is they kept saying it will take time to turn Seneca Falls around but the present board has had less than 2 years. What does a music teacher know about business or economics ? He has proven he knows absolutely nothing about environmental issues and he is president of the Environmental Action Committee. This guy is a joke right from the start.

And what do a retired jail guard and construction laborer know about, well...anything?

#1507150 --- 10/24/17 04:37 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

OK so just explain what the liners will be leaking when they eventually fail. Once capped no water can get in the pile of trash and it will dry out. It's called a dry toumb for a reason. As far as my mental state the psychiatric staff here will attest to my being perfectly normal.

By the way you seem to have a lot of your"OWN facts" that nobody agrees with.

If you believe a landfill cap can NEVER, EVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES leak, you're only kidding yourself.

#1507219 --- 10/25/17 08:00 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Bioremediation is the use of microbes to clean up contaminated soil and groundwater. Microbes are very small organisms, such as bacteria, that live naturally in the environment. Bioremediation stimulates the growth of certain microbes that use contaminants as a source of food and energy.

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/25/17 08:04 PM)

#1507220 --- 10/25/17 08:17 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Bioremediation is the use of microbes to clean up contaminated soil and groundwater. Microbes are very small organisms, such as bacteria, that live naturally in the environment. Bioremediation stimulates the growth of certain microbes that use contaminants as a source of food and energy.

Cool. Except bioremediation doesn't clean up inorganic contaminants like heavy metals, such as lead, mercury, benzene or asbestos. Sorry, try again, I guess.

#1507221 --- 10/25/17 08:18 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Also, your mindset of "Let's allow it to become poisoned because someday maybe it can be bioremediated" is really pretty absurd.

#1507260 --- 10/26/17 05:38 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

What is absolutely absurd is the fact that the natural elements you have just mentioned exist everywhere in nature and some of them are essential for life to exist on this planet. You have no idea that we are all carbon based life forms an are dependent on volatile organic compounds and natural elements for our existence.

#1507306 --- 10/26/17 05:56 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

What is absolutely absurd is the fact that the natural elements you have just mentioned exist everywhere in nature and some of them are essential for life to exist on this planet. You have no idea that we are all carbon based life forms an are dependent on volatile organic compounds and natural elements for our existence.

Utterly clueless. Just because those elements are natural does not mean they are safe for human beings to be exposed to on a daily basis. Go eat lead and asbestos and tell me how that works out for you.

#1507315 --- 10/26/17 08:31 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

The only ones exposed to that stuff even close to a DAILY basis would be landfill employees. I will put money on them being healthier than you.

#1507347 --- 10/26/17 10:47 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

The only ones exposed to that stuff even close to a DAILY basis would be landfill employees. I will put money on them being healthier than you.

I will bet you ANYTHING that is 100% utterly false. Wait until they get a bit older and also wait until their kids start to come down with symptoms.

#1507348 --- 10/26/17 10:48 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

And the people who live in close proximity to that dump are also exposed on a daily basis, whether they work there or not.

#1507358 --- 10/27/17 06:07 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

I will bet you ANYTHING that is 100% utterly false. Wait until they get a bit older and also wait until their kids start to come down with symptoms.
How old is older in your mind ? Thousands of landfill employees have been monitored for decades and I don't know of any documentation of any health issues. Let me remind you that I am 96 so when should I expect these supposed symptoms to occur ?

#1507382 --- 10/27/17 02:46 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Do you know the health status of every employee and former employee of that dump?

No, you do not.

I know several that have died of cancer over the years. Problems is, no direct exposure correlation measurements have been taken to see the link between this particular for-profit, toxic landfill and various cancers.

That's of course assuming they don't get run over by a truck while working.

#1507383 --- 10/27/17 03:09 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Do you know the health status of every employee and former employee of that dump?

No, you do not.

I know several that have died of cancer over the years. Problems is, no direct exposure correlation measurements have been taken to see the link between this particular for-profit, toxic landfill and various cancers.

All you have to do is ask the right state agency. You are a flat out liar you never knew several landfill employees unless you were fired by SMI. WHAT DID YOU DO FAIL THE DRUG TEST ?

#1507782 --- 11/01/17 10:15 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

This portion of the water & sewer system isn't that old. Is this what happens when monies are misappropriated, departments have a lack of management, and board members make their own decisions without input from their constituency? Businesses are now losing money, residents are without water, and safety is a major concern. This should not happen but at least we had our Deputy Supervisor showing up at the scene and letting everyone know that it was wet. What a joke, he and Ruzicka are the heads of the Water & Sewer Committee and nobody will question this or any other departmental issues. Just keep spending guys and treat everyone as subjects!

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/n8PRQzjcakY[/video]

#1507791 --- 11/01/17 11:41 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

OMG you act like these guys have been in office 100 years. Don't you recall them saying the infrastructure in the old village needs immediate attention.

#1507824 --- 11/01/17 08:33 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

No, you do not.

All you have to do is ask the right state agency. You are a flat out liar you never knew several landfill employees unless you were fired by SMI. WHAT DID YOU DO FAIL THE DRUG TEST ?

I doubt that place drug tests. If they do, they don't test for uppers.

#1508058 --- 11/03/17 02:43 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

The audit is coming because of the many many many phone calls and letters and emails to the comptrollers office- NOT due to Mr Ferrara's claims that he initiated it. More to the story with the Water & Sewer Department than an elderly couple's reimbursement! This guy is distancing himself. It's the entire Board's responsibility to perform a line by line analysis of the budget not the Town Assessor and Town Council! Taxes doubling due to political manipulation of the truth. Taxes are going to blow up but not because of the Dump, it will be due to a mass exodus!

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/lZO3XUwOpbI[/video]

Edited by OINK (11/03/17 02:45 PM)

#1508150 --- 11/05/17 05:02 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Hello_Governer Offline

The audit is coming because of the many many many phone calls and letters and emails to the comptrollers office- NOT due to Mr Ferrara's claims that he initiated it. More to the story with the Water & Sewer Department than an elderly couple's reimbursement! This guy is distancing himself. It's the entire Board's responsibility to perform a line by line analysis of the budget not the Town Assessor and Town Council! Taxes doubling due to political manipulation of the truth. Taxes are going to blow up but not because of the Dump, it will be due to a mass exodus!

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/lZO3XUwOpbI[/video]
And the line by line analysis would be the information provided by the department heads, would it not ! You expect way to much from someone who has been on the board less than a year.

Edited by Hello_Governer (11/05/17 05:08 AM)

#1508160 --- 11/05/17 09:04 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

HG, you are correct. However, you are only running a $12 million dollar budget here. In a much larger body I could agree with you but the line by line is not difficult when you have the committee chairs attending the workshops and providing their due diligent analysis. We do not have a sitting Comptroller and I see that out Supervisor was performing his due diligents at the County's workshop but why did he pull the Town's Board members from our workshops? Easier to spread the blame. There is no need to double the tax rate at this time. Keep the budget where it is at then, as you profess, you can give them more "time" to understand what in the hell they are doing!

#1508166 --- 11/05/17 12:12 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

Obviously you miss the point, the board has said that they will use less landfill money to offset taxes, instead it will go towards necessary repairs to the infrastructure. That's what the anti landfill people want isn't it.
Hey Gov. I think this guy has ADD.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/05/17 12:14 PM)

#1508168 --- 11/05/17 12:41 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

He is just an insider trying to cause trouble. Nobody is that dumb.

#1508169 --- 11/05/17 01:21 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

"An insider trying to cause trouble". An insider to what? What does that even mean, exactly? The only "insider" type situation I could think of would be someone on the payroll of the dump. What else would someone be an "insider" for? The George Soros anti-SMI branch?

#1508179 --- 11/05/17 03:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

TRAILBLAZERS like the 2 Democrats just repeating what they were trained to say. The Seneca Falls Environmental Action Committee is just a bunch of talking heads who have absolutely no idea what they're saying. Right Chico grin

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/05/17 03:57 PM)

#1508180 --- 11/05/17 04:23 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Trained to say by whom, exactly? It's not like either of their campaigns were funded by SMI, as is the case with Mr. Ruzicka, who had his campaign funded in it's entirety by one such landfill. I'd have to say if anyone was "trained" to say anything, it would in fact be him. I don't know the inner-working of this Environmental Action Committee, but I know a couple of members. I can tell you for a fact they don't have anywhere near the funding your employer does, and they don't get contributions from anyone but their own money. Unlike certain other candidates.

#1508256 --- 11/06/17 06:41 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

I take it you missed the article where Mr. Avery thanked a left wing activist group called TRAILBLAZERS. And the other Democrat belongs to a radical left wing group called INDIVISIBLE.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/06/17 06:43 AM)

#1508259 --- 11/06/17 08:39 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

They want to make it "appear" that the landfill money offsets the tax rate. It has never been earmarked to do this. If so, then why for the last 25 years have we not had the lowest tax rates in the the region? Time to plan out diversification. 8 years is more than enough time so utilize the money in a constructive manner not in a divisive way. There is a smarter way. This is a small town not Washington DC. There are no activist groups looking at this podunk town as a mecca for their cause, that's crazy. Wake up or keep writing larger checks!

#1508272 --- 11/06/17 12:09 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Hello_Governer Offline

Some people are just totally brain dead. The town just took over bankrupt Village of Seneca Falls just 5 years ago. So what are you talking,
" LAST 25 YEARS "

#1508316 --- 11/06/17 09:30 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

I take it you missed the article where Mr. Avery thanked a left wing activist group called TRAILBLAZERS. And the other Democrat belongs to a radical left wing group called INDIVISIBLE.

Oh, cool. And AT LEAST one republican candidate belongs the the multi-billion dollar trash-for-cash company WASTE SOLUTIONS. Forgive me if I'm not concerned about Avery or Weil and their little citizens groups.

#1508317 --- 11/06/17 09:31 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Wolf King Offline

They want to make it "appear" that the landfill money offsets the tax rate. It has never been earmarked to do this. If so, then why for the last 25 years have we not had the lowest tax rates in the the region? Time to plan out diversification. 8 years is more than enough time so utilize the money in a constructive manner not in a divisive way. There is a smarter way. This is a small town not Washington DC. There are no activist groups looking at this podunk town as a mecca for their cause, that's crazy. Wake up or keep writing larger checks!

TRUTH.

#1508359 --- 11/07/17 11:36 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Wrong ! it's a little San Francisco.

#1508391 --- 11/07/17 05:49 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Wrong ! it's a little San Francisco.

Seneca Falls is a "little San Francisco"? Hmm. I guess that's better than a little Chernobyl.

#1508416 --- 11/07/17 10:17 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Crabby Offline

Loc: In the wind
Avery 1387, Delelys 1204, Ruzicka 871, Turkett 886

#1508425 --- 11/08/17 06:36 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crabby]
Lee Alias Offline

Great results.....I hope our Supervisor & Deputy Supervisor realize the people have spoken. Let's move ahead.

#1508426 --- 11/08/17 06:43 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Lee Alias Offline

Observation - Josh Durso's FingerLakes1 interviews were excellent & professional. Harold Weber's were very one sided. Especially when he kept saying "my friends", ie. Greg, Lou, etc.& not professional. Obvious he supported Greg & Lou and Seneca Meadows!!!

#1508470 --- 11/08/17 12:46 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Lee Alias]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Lee Alias
Great results.....I hope our Supervisor & Deputy Supervisor realize the people have spoken. Let's move ahead.
The town taking over the village only temporarily delayed the entire community going down the drain. There is no moving ahead from here. Just a slow steady decline, better pray for a miracle.

#1508494 --- 11/08/17 02:24 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Lee Alias]
Wolf King Offline

This. A brighter, cleaner future is ahead.

#1508496 --- 11/08/17 02:25 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

The town taking over the village only temporarily delayed the entire community going down the drain. There is no moving ahead from here. Just a slow steady decline, better pray for a miracle.

Sour grapes. Go grab a tissue.

#1508514 --- 11/08/17 08:08 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Wolfy did you just crawl out from under a rock or something ? Since the beginning of time politicians have made campaign promises but once they get in office and find out the facts they have to deal with reality. I give the 3 anti-landfill people 3 months to change their tune. That's about how long it took the anti-clay mine Democrats to change their position.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/08/17 08:09 PM)

#1508515 --- 11/08/17 08:27 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Sour grapes it is. Your employer's days are numbered, I'm afraid. The tides are changing.

#1508517 --- 11/09/17 12:00 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

Regional election observation is that all except for one of the so called "anti-dump" candidates won their elections. The Finger Lakes communities have had enough. Plenty of time for those Multi-Billion Dollar Corporations to assist their loyal employees to receive training, transfer to new positions, or whatever Corporations promise. Oh, you've been had. You've been took. You've been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Led astray. Run amok! Your loyalty will never be repaid not because that they are Landfill operations, it is because they are large corporations who do not give two shits about their employees. Welcome to the reality of the board room!

#1508522 --- 11/09/17 06:16 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.

#1508593 --- 11/09/17 08:09 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Wolf King Offline

Regional election observation is that all except for one of the so called "anti-dump" candidates won their elections. The Finger Lakes communities have had enough. Plenty of time for those Multi-Billion Dollar Corporations to assist their loyal employees to receive training, transfer to new positions, or whatever Corporations promise. Oh, you've been had. You've been took. You've been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Led astray. Run amok! Your loyalty will never be repaid not because that they are Landfill operations, it is because they are large corporations who do not give two shits about their employees. Welcome to the reality of the board room!

Truth.

#1508596 --- 11/09/17 08:51 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

If you look at the turnout the election doesn't really mean anything except the Seneca Falls Environmental Action Committee worked real hard to get their people to the poles. The women who want to see a woman elected and the LGBT community probably made the difference. Let's not forget the school system employees. Looks like the usual popularity contest to me.

#1508599 --- 11/09/17 09:30 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Do people vote for unpopular candidates? Is that how Ferrara got in?

Edited by Mighty_Oak (11/09/17 09:30 PM)

#1508625 --- 11/10/17 06:50 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

People usually vote for someone they know, if the person is a real jerk people will usually vote against them. In this case Avery has name recognition but most people DON'T really know him. I see him as a one term candidate. A school class room is not a democracy, he is out of his element. Besides he is too narcissistic.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/10/17 06:52 AM)

#1508627 --- 11/10/17 07:31 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

if the person is a real jerk people will usually vote against them.

That's exactly what happened, sweetums.

#1508628 --- 11/10/17 07:46 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Seneca Falls has a line forming of short-timers. I don't see it ending soon.

#1508668 --- 11/10/17 12:02 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

I like that for months people like Woodchuck were stating that the activists were a small group spouting a bunch of rhetoric but now they are a majority who pushed people into office. 2,400 citizens voted and only 800 voted against Dave and Doug. It wasn't the activists who voted for them, it was people who have common sense and believe enough is enough. The new majority are younger and have no time for business as usual. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Stirring up controversy doesn't feed the bulldog. Either do something to benefit others or stifle yourself!

#1508669 --- 11/10/17 12:53 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Betty.
if the person is a real jerk people will usually vote against them.

That's exactly what happened, sweetums.
in that case Dave should have been voted out. But the "tell em what they want to hear" trick worked again.

#1508671 --- 11/10/17 01:02 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crabby]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Crabby
Avery 1387, Delelys 1204, Ruzicka 871, Turkett 886
318 votes between Delelys and Turkett isn't really that much. 333 between Ruzicka and Delelys isn't either. There will be around 300 real sorry people by June.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/10/17 01:03 PM)

#1508675 --- 11/10/17 03:48 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Woodchuck is just all sour grapes. The people have spoken, and you and your employer just can't stand it. Women, LGBT people and school employees are Americans, too, and as such they have every right to vote for whomever they see fit. I'm sorry your employer's scare tactic mailers didn't work this time. They tried real hard and they failed. The people saw through their lies. As for Mr. Ruzicka, the man assaulted another board member. For that alone he can disappear forever from the town board. Good riddance. And Mr. Turkett has always been quite unpopular from my understanding, not to mention an avowed bigot. I'm sorry the world is moving too fast for you, old man.

#1508712 --- 11/10/17 10:23 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Mighty_Oak Offline

What explains the spread between Avery and Ruzeizka and Turkett?? Bad math get it just south of 500

#1508713 --- 11/10/17 10:26 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Turkett bested Ruzeicka, the incumbent. Is he in the jerk zone you speak of. ?

#1508719 --- 11/11/17 07:23 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

The truth is in the future, all you have heard from Avery is just the typical campaign rhetoric.
Things will look totally different when he is on the inside looking out. Your only hope is Vic, he is the key board member who will decide the future of Seneca Falls. As I see it the board is split 2-2 and Vic is the most reasonable one of the 5 members. You guys let your personal feelings interfere with logic.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/11/17 07:25 AM)

#1508742 --- 11/11/17 09:43 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

"The truth is in the future"? What in the hell are you talking about? Are you referring to the fact the we the people of Seneca Falls have not heard the entire truth? Avery is not a politician, Vic has common sense, and Dave is an old school "what can I do to help you" kind of person. The other two are "what's in it for me" kind of individuals. Their days are numbered if they do not listen to the people. That is what Dave, Vic, and Doug have in common. They understand that they are only representatives not "this is my town so you must listen to me"! "Truth", what do you know about truth when you spout hatred and decisiveness. You need to quit your job and start your own one man talk show. You are now looking around and beginning to see that you are on the wrong side of things. Pull on the rope together instead of trying to push it up hill!

#1508758 --- 11/11/17 11:38 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

Wow, you described your self perfectly about spouting hatred and divisiveness. ( I think you spelled it wrong ) You just have the labels in the wrong place. However I can do the math, which you seem to ignore. All of your delusions of grandeur cannot be attained without MONEY. SO tell me where is Mr. Avery going to come up with the millions that it's going to take to keep the town from falling completely apart ? By the way " we the people of Seneca Falls " have heard the truth, but not from Avery or Delely

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/11/17 11:44 AM)

#1508763 --- 11/11/17 12:35 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Crabby Offline

Loc: In the wind
Lest we forget, Lazzaro was elected by fraudulently proclaiming to be in favor of closing the dump. After he was elected, he quickly sold out, betraying all those who voted for him.

#1508769 --- 11/11/17 02:38 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

Woodchuck, name three things that you have done for the community?

#1508771 --- 11/11/17 03:36 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crabby]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Crabby
Lest we forget, Lazzaro was elected by fraudulently proclaiming to be in favor of closing the dump. After he was elected, he quickly sold out, betraying all those who voted for him.
WRONG, Lazaro was sincere when he opposed the landfill but that was before he learned the facts. If Avery is an honest man he will do the same. There is very little chance of that in my opinion. Avery is just a well rehearsed candidate trained by the TRAILBLAZERS repeating the same Democratic propaganda.

#1508772 --- 11/11/17 03:38 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
scwoodchuck Offline

Woodchuck, name three things that you have done for the community?
AH, I moved to Ontario County :-P

#1508773 --- 11/11/17 06:04 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Wow, you described your self perfectly about spouting hatred and divisiveness. ( I think you spelled it wrong ) You just have the labels in the wrong place. However I can do the math, which you seem to ignore. All of your delusions of grandeur cannot be attained without MONEY. SO tell me where is Mr. Avery going to come up with the millions that it's going to take to keep the town from falling completely apart ? By the way " we the people of Seneca Falls " have heard the truth, but not from Avery or Delely

How do the thousands of other communities do it?

#1508775 --- 11/11/17 06:26 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Pretty sure both of those guys have made statements about a long term solution without bleeding the taxpayers dry in the process to my understanding.

#1508780 --- 11/11/17 08:00 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: DR. D]
Wolf King Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Pretty sure both of those guys have made statements about a long term solution without bleeding the taxpayers dry in the process to my understanding.

Truth. It's very possible. As I've already said, many communities all over the world do it every dingle day. But it requires some hard work and not just accepting the dump's handout hush money.

#1508782 --- 11/11/17 08:48 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Care to share some details. Anybody can say promote economic development and tourism. However politicians have been saying that for 35 years and all we get is some apartments. Then there are the real smart ones who say ask the casino for money, what a joke. As I recall that was one of your Democrats.

#1508783 --- 11/11/17 08:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Republicans have been running the county for decades. Why is everyone not wildly rich?

#1508784 --- 11/11/17 08:57 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Like this.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/nyreg...t-in-utica.html

How Cuomo’s Signature Economic Growth Project Fell Apart in Utica
By VIVIAN YEEDEC. 27, 2016

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/11/17 08:59 PM)

#1508786 --- 11/11/17 09:03 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Republicans have been running the county for decades. Why is everyone not wildly rich?
It takes more than a county. Besides who ever said the Republicans are any better.

#1508787 --- 11/11/17 09:09 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

Like this.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/nyreg...t-in-utica.html

How Cuomo’s Signature Economic Growth Project Fell Apart in Utica
By VIVIAN YEEDEC. 27, 2016

And like this
http://niagarafallsreporter.com/thinking-seneca-casino-sucks-life-city

What Were They Thinking? Seneca Casino Sucks Life From City
IN FEATURED, NIAGARA FALLS

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/11/17 09:11 PM)

#1508788 --- 11/11/17 10:07 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Let’s just hope we don’t foolishly utilize our waterfront like Pittsford or Skaneateles. They have to be so envious that we have a landfill and they don’t. Be careful or Kyle might pack up his $’s and stink and take it on the road to improve the lot of those poor impoverished towns.

Edited by Mighty_Oak (11/11/17 10:09 PM)

#1508794 --- 11/12/17 07:36 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hey, I just had a great idea ! Why don't you dig a canal to the casino and charge a toll for boats to use it. It would only take you a few hundred years to recoup your investment. Then maybe you could get rid of the freeloaders who park their boats downtown all summer.

#1508800 --- 11/12/17 09:54 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Have it covered. I signed you up for Uber.

#1508810 --- 11/12/17 01:57 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

When I go anywhere I get a ride in an ambulance. :-)

#1508811 --- 11/12/17 02:23 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Run the lights and your fares will tip you better.

#1508813 --- 11/12/17 04:10 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

Does your drinking water get delivered in a pipe that looks like this ?
https://goo.gl/images/rYsTqr
Bet it does. So next time you take a nice cool drink of village water remember these pictures, and try not to puke :-) make sure you look at all the pictures

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/12/17 04:12 PM)

#1508817 --- 11/12/17 07:10 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

If you do not live here then your input is mute.

#1508819 --- 11/12/17 07:38 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Hello_Governer Offline

Come on OINK, is that the best you can do ? The truth matters no matter where it comes from. You dump haters are whining about a almost $3.00 per thousand tax increase, what are you going to do when it gets to $15 or $16.00. Chuck and I figure the tax rate might get as high as $20.00 per thousand when it is all said and done. The EPA does have a whole bunch of new regulations that might crush your town financially. Then throw in the DEC's new clean water regulations and you won't be able to afford to take a bath but once a month. I guess with a name like OINK it would bother you too much would it.

#1508820 --- 11/12/17 08:20 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

"who ever said the Republicans are any better."

All Wealthy Republicans.

#1508822 --- 11/12/17 08:48 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Well, if it ain't my old friend BIMBO.Here to share your wisdom ? Could you tell us, if the water pipes are full of zebra mussels, where do they poop ?

#1508825 --- 11/12/17 09:06 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

All Wealthy Republicans.
All the wealthy Democrats are perverts and going to jail such as Weinstein & Spacey!

#1508826 --- 11/12/17 09:07 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Just a wealthy Republican trying to drive my stock in bottled water up grin

#1508827 --- 11/12/17 09:13 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: gassy one]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hey gassy you got any hydrogen sulfide ? I'm making home made wine and I need some for the fermentation process.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/12/17 09:14 PM)

#1508831 --- 11/13/17 05:38 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

Bet it does. So next time you take a nice cool drink of village water remember these pictures, and try not to puke :-) make sure you look at all the pictures

Hey wolfy, Take a good look at the pictures and then challenge me to drink the purified leachate from SMI. Have you had your water from your sink tested ? Do you really know what is in it ? At least the leachate has a laboratory certificate. And ah, try not to choke on your coffee.

#1508832 --- 11/13/17 06:21 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

SO tell me where is Mr. Avery going to come up with the millions that it's going to take to keep the town from falling completely apart ? By the way " we the people of Seneca Falls " have heard the truth, but not from Avery or Delely

Oh, you mean like Lyons, in Wayne county ? To start with the tax rate per thousand is $19.59.

#1508898 --- 11/13/17 07:44 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wolf King Offline

Come on OINK, is that the best you can do ? The truth matters no matter where it comes from. You dump haters are whining about a almost $3.00 per thousand tax increase, what are you going to do when it gets to $15 or $16.00. Chuck and I figure the tax rate might get as high as $20.00 per thousand when it is all said and done. The EPA does have a whole bunch of new regulations that might crush your town financially. Then throw in the DEC's new clean water regulations and you won't be able to afford to take a bath but once a month. I guess with a name like OINK it would bother you too much would it.

I know, who needs clean water haha.

How does every other town do it? Taxes are rising, regardless of your dump. Why has Seneca Falls and Waterloo not been totally tax-free since 1983?

#1508900 --- 11/13/17 07:47 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

SO tell me where is Mr. Avery going to come up with the millions that it's going to take to keep the town from falling completely apart ? By the way " we the people of Seneca Falls " have heard the truth, but not from Avery or Delely

Oh, you mean like Lyons, in Wayne county ? To start with the tax rate per thousand is $19.59.

So every community in the world, besides Seneca Falls and Waterloo, have high taxes? Taxes are going nowhere but up. Why? Why isn't your dump taking care of it?

#1508902 --- 11/13/17 07:53 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

All Wealthy Republicans.
All the wealthy Democrats are perverts...

Citation, please. crazy crazy crazy

#1508905 --- 11/13/17 08:21 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

god BIMBO YOU SEEM TO BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. Did you finally realize you're in over your head ? Can't you find a way to help WOLF KING out as he regurgitates all over himself with senseless babble.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/13/17 08:22 PM)

#1508908 --- 11/13/17 08:48 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

god BIMBO YOU SEEM TO BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. Did you finally realize you're in over your head ? Can't you find a way to help WOLF KING out as he regurgitates all over himself with senseless babble.

Sour grapes. So sorry you lost.

#1508909 --- 11/13/17 09:41 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

8:30 and you're drunk already? eek

For you:
https://www.aa.org/

#1508911 --- 11/14/17 09:47 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

For you:
You guys always revert to that type of response. Chuck hasn't had a drink since before you were born, in fact Chuck and I never were drinkers. You guys have some serious mental issues.

#1508912 --- 11/14/17 10:08 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

For you:
"Chuck hasn't had a drink since before you were born..."

Unless Chuckles is well into his 80s, then it's not likely that he hasn't had a drink since before I was born. Regardless, he still acts like a drunken misanthrope mumbling to himself at the end of the bar, as his above post clearly demonstrates. It's just harder to slur the written word, but if anybody can do it... grin

#1508922 --- 11/14/17 04:36 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

How many times have you been told,"you can't just jump in and read one post and think you know everything that's been said ". If you don't know how old Chuck is you haven't been paying attention.

#1508927 --- 11/14/17 07:17 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: gassy one]
scwoodchuck Offline

Are you watching the town budget process ? It didn't take Dave long to do a 180 from what his supporters wanted. The anti-landfill people want to become less dependent on landfill money and he led the way for using 75% of it in next year's budget. Best part is no body knows exactly how much money the landfill is going to give them. The town may actually run out of money in Avery's first year as a board member. crazy
That is totally insane.

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/14/17 07:18 PM)

#1508929 --- 11/14/17 07:59 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

How many times have you been told,"you can't just jump in and read one post and think you know everything that's been said ". If you don't know how old Chuck is you haven't been paying attention.

And the point that YOU don't seem to get, is that his age is completely irrelevant, regardless of whatever point you mistakenly believed was germane to the actual discussion at hand.

Once it does become relevant, I'll start paying more attention. In exchange, you can consult the dictionary for the definition of the word "relevant". Deal?

#1508938 --- 11/15/17 05:03 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

So every community in the world, besides Seneca Falls and Waterloo, have high taxes? Taxes are going nowhere but up. Why? Why isn't your dump taking care of it?
Actually the tax rate in Waterloo is $22.55 when you add village and town taxes grin

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/...34Y6C6Y6R0JCU45

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/15/17 05:07 AM)

#1508946 --- 11/15/17 09:31 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

Actually the tax rate in Waterloo is $22.55 when you add village and town taxes grin

What's the matter ? Is everyone suffering from STICKER SHOCK ? Don't like the thought of your taxes going up over $20.00 ? You had better get used to the fact that your WONDERFUL LIFE is about to turn into a nightmare? Your delusions of being Bedford Falls is about to come crumbling down. When you see some of the former village officials thank them for the terrible mess they left you in. One final thought. What could the zebra mussels in the water mains be eating ?

#1508947 --- 11/15/17 09:35 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

#1508989 --- 11/16/17 03:15 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
FLHTCUI-XL1200R Offline

Loc: Fingha Lakes
Tough times ahead in ol Sneaky Falls. Glad I don't live there. Interesting how the voters have gone back and forth on this. And the propaganda from the dump. No more police dept, LOL that's funny.

#1508991 --- 11/16/17 03:35 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: FLHTCUI-XL1200R]
Hello_Governer Offline

If by "back and forth" you are referring to the two board members who lost last year's election, I think you may be mistaken. First the two women were appointed and may have never gotten elected in the first place. When they were voted out it may have been the fact they weren't very well liked in the first place. Those two being voted out could have possibly had nothing to do with landfill support.

Edited by Hello_Governer (11/16/17 03:37 PM)

#1508995 --- 11/16/17 05:05 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wolf King Offline

If by "back and forth" you are referring to the two board members who lost last year's election, I think you may be mistaken. First the two women were appointed and may have never gotten elected in the first place. When they were voted out it may have been the fact they weren't very well liked in the first place. Those two being voted out could have possibly had nothing to do with landfill support.

Doubtful. Actually, complete BS. The incessant, sustained SMI propaganda absolutely had something to do with it. Those flyers specifically targeted the elderly. Showing an elderly woman in tears at her kitchen table, implying she is going to lose her home if the for-profit dump doesn't get it's way? Reprehensible. Absolutely disgusting. SMI should have been brought up on charges for these lies. These mailers coming out 3 or 4 times a week, for weeks on end, did in fact influence voters, many of them elderly and easily scared by such brightly-colored fliers. Sickening. If you don't believe scare tactics like that would influence voters, you don't live in the same reality as the rest of us.

That being said, Lutz and Sarratori only lost by maybe 100 to 150 votes each. Even with their slanderous fliers that preyed on elderly and impressionable people, your dump BARELY eked out a win. Pathetic.

#1508996 --- 11/16/17 05:47 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Lutz lost by about 400. If the propaganda works why did the dump lose both seats ? By large margins too.

#1508997 --- 11/16/17 06:02 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Lutz lost by about 400. If the propaganda works why did the dump lose both seats ? By large margins too.

Wrong. It was more like 100-150. The dump lost this time because people don't want a man who assaulted another board member, nor do they want an avowed bigot. People are waking up to the dump propaganda.

#1509005 --- 11/16/17 08:28 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Mary Sarratori (DEM, FFM) 1,700

Lou Ferrara, Jr. (REP, CON, IND 2,079

TOWN COUNCIL (To Fill Vacancy)(1 Year Term) (Vote for 1)

Town of Seneca Falls: reported: 8 of 8 100.00%

Annette Lutz (DEM) 1,744
Thomas Ruzicka 1,944

We were both wrong but I was closer grin

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/16/17 08:34 PM)

#1509006 --- 11/16/17 08:58 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

#1509007 --- 11/16/17 09:18 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Anyone else missing Jeanette Pfeiff about now?

#1509027 --- 11/17/17 09:12 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
FLHTCUI-XL1200R Offline

Loc: Fingha Lakes

Err umm Didnt Lazaro get elected on the premise he was going to work to close the dump in 2018, and HE appointed those two ?

#1509047 --- 11/17/17 10:14 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: FLHTCUI-XL1200R]
scwoodchuck Offline

That's why we refer to politicians that run opposing the landfill as the 180 CLUB. These people promise a lot of things that are unrealistic, then once in office they find out they were wrong and do a 180 degree turn around.

#1509078 --- 11/17/17 05:59 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

That's why we refer to politicians that run opposing the landfill as the 180 CLUB. These people promise a lot of things that are unrealistic, then once in office they find out they were wrong and do a 180 degree turn around.

How does every other community do it?

#1509101 --- 11/17/17 08:24 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Didn't somebody already answer that question ? A 20 dollar tax rate was the answer I believe. But tell me why is the board so concerned about interest rates and bond ratings ? There is something they are not telling us.

#1509110 --- 11/17/17 09:24 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Thousands of other communities are getting by just fine without massive tax increases and dump handout money. Hmmm...

#1509122 --- 11/18/17 05:22 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Thousands of other communities are getting by just fine without massive tax increases and dump handout money. Hmmm...
And what PLANET are you on ? Everyone knows that every municipality in the country is just about broke and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Even you can't be that stupid, you just throw that out there with the hope someone will fall for it.

#1509131 --- 11/18/17 07:17 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

It was time to get off the teet. The previous Boards became irresponsible about the monies that Seneca Falls was receiving from the landfill. It was never earmarked to reduce taxes which it inappropriately morphed in to. It was viewed as a revenue source which it is not. A municipality's revenue sources are property taxes, sales taxes, as well as certain fees such as water and sewer, permits etc. It is time to get fiscally responsible and with that comes tough decisions. Lazzaro did a responsible act. Say what you want, he does have the best interest of the Town in his decision making. He might not perform it in all the right ways but he and no other want to see the Town implode. It is terrible that the taxes had to increase but the bottom line is that you will have to do without purchasing your $600 iPhone and get what you need, not what you want!

#1509136 --- 11/18/17 08:38 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Hello_Governer Offline

The board needs to take a tour of the town and count the boats, campers, motorcycles and $60,000 pickup trucks parked in people's yards. One board member said the tax increase is around $45.00 a month, I used to spend more than that on wild bird feed. It's your town, the place where you live, and people complain about spending around $2,000.00 a year to make it possible to live there. Is your cable bill worth more than your surroundings ? You people need to get REAL cry

I used to have $5000.00 a year in my household budget for charity. Most years I went well beyond that.

Edited by Hello_Governer (11/18/17 08:41 AM)

#1509142 --- 11/18/17 11:46 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

And what PLANET are you on ? Everyone knows that every municipality in the country is just about broke and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Even you can't be that stupid, you just throw that out there with the hope someone will fall for it.

So why not go broke WITHOUT a tumor of other people's filth in your community? I mean, if we're all going broke anyway.

#1509151 --- 11/18/17 01:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

Now you sound like a welfare recipient.

#1509173 --- 11/18/17 04:33 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

OK, "Hello Governor", why don't you explain to me, if you can, how exactly that statement makes me sound like a "welfare recipient". I'm giving you a chance to defend this utterly idiotic statement. By what mental gymastic reach does your statement at all make sense to you? Explain it to me. Otherwise I'm going to label your statement as yet another hateful belch of ignorant venom on a subject you have zero understanding of.

#1509181 --- 11/18/17 05:35 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

The Gov is busy flirting with the nurses and he told me to tell you " get a life " or " a job " or Just plain get lost " you are as bad as a commercial played over and over every 5 minutes." Now if you'll excuse me I going to join the Gov, the blonde from Clifton is on tonight.@@

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/18/17 05:40 PM)

#1509182 --- 11/18/17 05:53 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Hitting the bottle a little early, I see. The geezer who spends literally every waking moment on these forums tells me to get a job and a life. That's rich. I have a job and a life, and I will not get lost. In fact, I'm not going anywhere.

p.s. those nurses are pretty creeped out by you.

#1509226 --- 11/19/17 05:49 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hitting the bottle a little early, I see. The geezer who spends literally every waking moment on these forums tells me to get a job and a life. That's rich. I have a job and a life, and I will not get lost. In fact, I'm not going anywhere.

p.s. those nurses are pretty creeped out by you.
Obviously you don't know what a nursing home is ! crazy

#1510864 --- 12/14/17 01:28 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

:-P Check out the date on this post-11/15. Then actually go to this site, it's exactly the same.

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/14/17 01:32 PM)

#1510905 --- 12/15/17 07:57 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
The board needs to take a tour of the town and count the boats, campers, motorcycles and $60,000 pickup trucks parked in people's yards. One board member said the tax increase is around $45.00 a month, I used to spend more than that on wild bird feed. It's your town, the place where you live, and people complain about spending around $2,000.00 a year to make it possible to live there. Is your cable bill worth more than your surroundings ? You people need to get REAL cry

I used to have $5000.00 a year in my household budget for charity. Most years I went well beyond that.

I don't think the tax increase is terrible but it could have easily been rolled out gradually.

The dump isn't closing next year and they could have gradually increased taxes until they are no longer dependent on the dump.

This move just offers more proof of financial incompetence of the board members.

#1510970 --- 12/15/17 04:47 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

OMG, where have you been ? The SF ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION COMMITTEE has said for over a year that they want the town to stop depending on landfill money. Repeatedly saying they are willing to pay higher taxes if they don't have to deal with the stink. What you are seeing is a gradual increase in taxes cause this is just the beginning. It will be about the same as the other communities of that size, just under $20.00 per thousand.

Keep in mind Waterloo Town and Village adds up to about $22.55

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/15/17 04:54 PM)

#1510974 --- 12/15/17 05:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Quote from a state report,

"In general, all town residents will see the Town tax rate go from zero to approximately $4.56/$1000 in the first year of dissolution. Village residents will see the elimination of the Village tax which is currently $16.93/$1000. In addition, the current Town highway tax will jump from zero to $1.66/$1000."

Village of Seneca Falls
Dissolution Plan
Final Report on Dissolution and Alternatives to
Dissolution for the Village of Seneca Falls
Prepared by the Dissolution Study Committee
November 2009
This document was created with funds provided by the New York Department of State

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/15/17 05:57 PM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >