FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#1509047 --- 11/17/17 10:14 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: FLHTCUI-XL1200R]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
That's why we refer to politicians that run opposing the landfill as the 180 CLUB. These people promise a lot of things that are unrealistic, then once in office they find out they were wrong and do a 180 degree turn around.

FingerLakes1.com
#1509078 --- 11/17/17 05:59 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
That's why we refer to politicians that run opposing the landfill as the 180 CLUB. These people promise a lot of things that are unrealistic, then once in office they find out they were wrong and do a 180 degree turn around.

How does every other community do it?

#1509101 --- 11/17/17 08:24 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Didn't somebody already answer that question ? A 20 dollar tax rate was the answer I believe. But tell me why is the board so concerned about interest rates and bond ratings ? There is something they are not telling us.

#1509110 --- 11/17/17 09:24 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Thousands of other communities are getting by just fine without massive tax increases and dump handout money. Hmmm...

#1509122 --- 11/18/17 05:22 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Thousands of other communities are getting by just fine without massive tax increases and dump handout money. Hmmm...
And what PLANET are you on ? Everyone knows that every municipality in the country is just about broke and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Even you can't be that stupid, you just throw that out there with the hope someone will fall for it.

#1509131 --- 11/18/17 07:17 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
OINK Offline

It was time to get off the teet. The previous Boards became irresponsible about the monies that Seneca Falls was receiving from the landfill. It was never earmarked to reduce taxes which it inappropriately morphed in to. It was viewed as a revenue source which it is not. A municipality's revenue sources are property taxes, sales taxes, as well as certain fees such as water and sewer, permits etc. It is time to get fiscally responsible and with that comes tough decisions. Lazzaro did a responsible act. Say what you want, he does have the best interest of the Town in his decision making. He might not perform it in all the right ways but he and no other want to see the Town implode. It is terrible that the taxes had to increase but the bottom line is that you will have to do without purchasing your $600 iPhone and get what you need, not what you want!

#1509136 --- 11/18/17 08:38 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: OINK]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
The board needs to take a tour of the town and count the boats, campers, motorcycles and $60,000 pickup trucks parked in people's yards. One board member said the tax increase is around $45.00 a month, I used to spend more than that on wild bird feed. It's your town, the place where you live, and people complain about spending around $2,000.00 a year to make it possible to live there. Is your cable bill worth more than your surroundings ? You people need to get REAL cry

I used to have $5000.00 a year in my household budget for charity. Most years I went well beyond that.

Edited by Hello_Governer (11/18/17 08:41 AM)

#1509142 --- 11/18/17 11:46 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

And what PLANET are you on ? Everyone knows that every municipality in the country is just about broke and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Even you can't be that stupid, you just throw that out there with the hope someone will fall for it.

So why not go broke WITHOUT a tumor of other people's filth in your community? I mean, if we're all going broke anyway.

#1509151 --- 11/18/17 01:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Now you sound like a welfare recipient.

#1509173 --- 11/18/17 04:33 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

OK, "Hello Governor", why don't you explain to me, if you can, how exactly that statement makes me sound like a "welfare recipient". I'm giving you a chance to defend this utterly idiotic statement. By what mental gymastic reach does your statement at all make sense to you? Explain it to me. Otherwise I'm going to label your statement as yet another hateful belch of ignorant venom on a subject you have zero understanding of.

#1509181 --- 11/18/17 05:35 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

The Gov is busy flirting with the nurses and he told me to tell you " get a life " or " a job " or Just plain get lost " you are as bad as a commercial played over and over every 5 minutes." Now if you'll excuse me I going to join the Gov, the blonde from Clifton is on tonight.@@

Edited by scwoodchuck (11/18/17 05:40 PM)

#1509182 --- 11/18/17 05:53 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Crazy]
Wolf King Offline

Hitting the bottle a little early, I see. The geezer who spends literally every waking moment on these forums tells me to get a job and a life. That's rich. I have a job and a life, and I will not get lost. In fact, I'm not going anywhere.

p.s. those nurses are pretty creeped out by you.

#1509226 --- 11/19/17 05:49 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hitting the bottle a little early, I see. The geezer who spends literally every waking moment on these forums tells me to get a job and a life. That's rich. I have a job and a life, and I will not get lost. In fact, I'm not going anywhere.

p.s. those nurses are pretty creeped out by you.
Obviously you don't know what a nursing home is ! crazy

#1510864 --- 12/14/17 01:28 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

So every community in the world, besides Seneca Falls and Waterloo, have high taxes? Taxes are going nowhere but up. Why? Why isn't your dump taking care of it?
Actually the tax rate in Waterloo is $22.55 when you add village and town taxes grin

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/...34Y6C6Y6R0JCU45

:-P Check out the date on this post-11/15. Then actually go to this site, it's exactly the same.

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/14/17 01:32 PM)

#1510905 --- 12/15/17 07:57 AM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: Hello_Governer]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
The board needs to take a tour of the town and count the boats, campers, motorcycles and $60,000 pickup trucks parked in people's yards. One board member said the tax increase is around $45.00 a month, I used to spend more than that on wild bird feed. It's your town, the place where you live, and people complain about spending around $2,000.00 a year to make it possible to live there. Is your cable bill worth more than your surroundings ? You people need to get REAL cry

I used to have $5000.00 a year in my household budget for charity. Most years I went well beyond that.

I don't think the tax increase is terrible but it could have easily been rolled out gradually.

The dump isn't closing next year and they could have gradually increased taxes until they are no longer dependent on the dump.

This move just offers more proof of financial incompetence of the board members.

#1510970 --- 12/15/17 04:47 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

OMG, where have you been ? The SF ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION COMMITTEE has said for over a year that they want the town to stop depending on landfill money. Repeatedly saying they are willing to pay higher taxes if they don't have to deal with the stink. What you are seeing is a gradual increase in taxes cause this is just the beginning. It will be about the same as the other communities of that size, just under $20.00 per thousand.

Keep in mind Waterloo Town and Village adds up to about $22.55

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/15/17 04:54 PM)

#1510974 --- 12/15/17 05:55 PM Re: Seneca Falls Elections [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Quote from a state report,

"In general, all town residents will see the Town tax rate go from zero to approximately $4.56/$1000 in the first year of dissolution. Village residents will see the elimination of the Village tax which is currently $16.93/$1000. In addition, the current Town highway tax will jump from zero to $1.66/$1000."

Village of Seneca Falls
Dissolution Plan
Final Report on Dissolution and Alternatives to
Dissolution for the Village of Seneca Falls
Prepared by the Dissolution Study Committee
November 2009
This document was created with funds provided by the New York Department of State

Edited by scwoodchuck (12/15/17 05:57 PM)

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8