FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1505439 --- 09/27/17 10:20 AM Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis
Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform

Jonah Bennett
National Security/Politics Reporter
5:04 PM 09/26/2017
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/26/army-o...ting-communism/

The U.S. Army has opened an investigation into West Point graduate Second Lieutenant Spenser Rapone for appearing to openly advocate for communism on social media.

Pictures of Rapone in uniform at West Point promoting pro-communism messages spread wildly around the internet Monday, in effect forcing West Point to issue a statement in response. The statement noted the Army has launched an investigation into Rapone’s activities.

“The U.S. Military Academy strives to develop leaders who internalize the academy’s motto of Duty, Honor, Country, and who live the Army values,” West Point said in a statement released Tuesday. “Second Lieutenant Rapone’s actions in no way reflect the values of the U.S. Military Academy or the U.S. Army. As figures of public trust, members of the military must exhibit exemplary conduct, and are prohibited from engaging in certain expressions of political speech in uniform. Second Lieutenant Rapone’s chain of command is aware of his actions and is looking into the matter. The academy is prepared to assist the officer’s chain of command as required.”

In one picture, Rapone appears to have placed a paper sign in his hat saying: “Communism will win.” In the other photo, Rapone is wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt underneath his uniform. At a time when active-duty service members and veterans are being dragged into the recent controversy of the National Football League flag and anthem protests, the pictures immediately went viral.

FingerLakes1.com
#1505440 --- 09/27/17 10:40 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
I checked on Snopes and found nothing. I think this is probably fake news.

#1505445 --- 09/27/17 10:51 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

It's real.

#1505446 --- 09/27/17 11:16 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo
It's real.
Wow. We never had problems like this when Obama was president! grin

#1505462 --- 09/27/17 05:27 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
It's real.
Wow. We never had problems like this when Obama was president! grin

It had to of started under Mr. Obama, he was President when this young combat veteran started West Point.

#1505466 --- 09/27/17 05:47 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

I think you're a fake, Kyle!

#1505469 --- 09/27/17 08:25 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

CNN?

#1505483 --- 09/28/17 03:52 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
CNN?
I am skeptical when I see this was from the the Daily Caller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller

In March 2013 The Daily Caller posted interviews with two women claiming that New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez had paid them for sex while he was a guest of a campaign donor.[24] The allegation came five days before the 2012 New Jersey senate election. News organizations such as ABC News, which had also interviewed the women, the New York Times, and the New York Post declined to publish the allegations, viewing them as unsubstantiated and lacking credibility.[25][26][27] Subsequently, one of the women who accused Menendez stated that she had been paid to falsely implicate the senator and had never met him.[25][28] Menendez's office described the allegations as "manufactured" by a right-wing blog as a politically motivated smear.[29]

In January 2017, the Daily Caller published a video which encouraged violence against protesters.[39][40][41][42] The video in question showed a car plowing through protesters, with the headline "Here's A Reel Of Cars Plowing Through Protesters Trying To Block The Road" and set to a cover of Ludacris' "Move Bitch."[39] The video drew attention in August 2017 when a white supremacist plowed his car through a group of counterprotesters at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.[39] After the video attracted attention, the Daily Caller deleted it from its website.[39][42]

The Southern Poverty Law Center subsequently criticized the Daily Caller, saying that it had a "white nationalist problem".[43] SPLC also said that two other contributors to the Daily Caller had ties to white nationalist groups.[43]
Articles by white supremacist Jason Kessler

The Daily Caller has published articles by Jason Kessler, a white supremacist who organized a rally of hundreds of white nationalists in Charlottesville.[44][45] Before Kessler published his article, it was known that he had spoken at white supremacist gatherings.[46] After Kessler received attention for his organizing of the Charlottesville white supremacist rally, the Daily Caller removed his articles from its website,[47] but the Caller's Executive Editor defended Kessler's articles.[48]

#1505489 --- 09/28/17 04:23 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Dude... it's REAL.

#1505493 --- 09/28/17 07:06 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Dude... it's REAL.
OK. I believe you. But I am just naturally skeptical when I see something that seems so unlikely from a such a right-wing news source.

#1505494 --- 09/28/17 07:06 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

America needs to rise up and stuff you so called protesters back in the garbage can where you belong!

#1505529 --- 09/28/17 08:42 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Dude... it's REAL.
OK. I believe you. But I am just naturally skeptical when I see something that seems so unlikely from a such a right-wing news source.

Quote:
But I am just naturally skeptical

laugh Funny, I was thinking you were naturally something else. laugh

#1505530 --- 09/28/17 08:56 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Dude... it's REAL.
Quote:
I am naturally a great thinker among other things. grin

#1505531 --- 09/28/17 08:57 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

America needs to rise up and stuff you so called protesters back in the garbage can where you belong!
Now don't tell me we don't have the right to protest? I know you don't read much but do you know how this nation was founded? In North Korea no one protests. They just salute.

#1505532 --- 09/28/17 10:20 AM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

This nation was founded over a protest of a tax on tea. Do you believe me or do I need to do a cut and paste?

#1505536 --- 09/28/17 01:21 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Dude... it's REAL.
Quote:
I am naturally a great thinker among other things. grin

You keep thinking that Kyle.

#1505544 --- 09/28/17 02:24 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Colloquially expressed but essentially correct. You must be often told that you've been overcome by the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Idget.

#1505580 --- 09/28/17 07:34 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-daily-c...of-glenn-thrush

Maybe there is such as thing as going too far for The Daily Caller.

On Thursday, the conservative website founded by current Fox News primetime host Tucker Carlson, posted a video on YouTube of New York Times reporter Glenn Thrush saying the word “chutzpah” over and over again on Lawrence O’Donnell’s MSNBC show as the song “Hava Nagila” played behind him.

Leaving aside the fact that there was nothing particularly “funny” about the video, the whole thing would be less offensive if The Daily Caller didn’t have a history of posting articles written by white nationalists. That’s all the “context” most people needed to understand why the website’s readers might find it so hilarious.

#1505585 --- 09/28/17 08:10 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Colloquially expressed but essentially correct. You must be often told that you've been overcome by the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Idget.
I would call it stupidity but you put your own twist on it!

#1505596 --- 09/28/17 08:58 PM Re: Army Opens Investigation Into West Point Grad For Promoting Communism In Uniform [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Idget.

Quote:
Idget

If all else fails, call it a name...you progressives are predictable, Master Timbo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >