FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1506279 --- 10/09/17 12:28 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Timbo]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Oh did I leave you out ? OK, you're a joke too. Actually you're the biggest joke on the forums !

FingerLakes1.com
#1506290 --- 10/09/17 04:56 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: Wolf King
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Originally Posted By: gassy one
I'm sure I know more about landfills than you ever will! First of all according to DEC regs any landfill that accepts drill cuttings has to have permanent Geiger counters mounted at the scale house to detect radiation if there is any! There is never any detection on drill cuttings! That is a activist myth! The leachate at SMI is run thru a RO system and filters which clean up the leachate tremendously! I think your just another crackpot who has no clue what they are spouting off about!

What is your position at Seneca Meadows? Are you an engineer who works on the Geiger counters? What level are those counters set at? Are you taking into account the incremental build up of radioactivity over time? And if there were to be any radioactivity detected, would you or your employer ever actually admit to it? Sorry, but science is not "activist myths". And being that you know more about landfills than any one else, I'm sure you know that much of the SMI leachate is trucked off-site to a treatment facility in Endicott, NY because it is far too toxic for the Seneca Falls waste waste treatment plant to handle. I'm far from a crackpot, friendo. In fact, I actually know what I'm talking about.

p.s. *You're
Do you even know what causes radioactivity ? I think not.
For CRACKPOTS
https://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/faqs/consumerproducts.html

What exactly is it you're trying to prove with that link? That site lists common household items? You do realize this indirectly supports my claim of incremental buildup of radioactivity when you store it all in one giant pile, right? And you do realize that site says nothing of radioactive drill casing used in hydraulic fracturing, right?

...Right?
WRONG
https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania...-public-health/

#1506293 --- 10/09/17 06:36 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Festus]
Wolf King Offline

Loc: The Forest
Well, I might not believe he is 96 years old, but I do believe he (and you) have all the time in the world to play silly games. I'm guessing either SSI or SSD.

#1506295 --- 10/09/17 06:41 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: scwoodchuck]
Wolf King Offline

I'm sure I know more about landfills than you ever will! First of all according to DEC regs any landfill that accepts drill cuttings has to have permanent Geiger counters mounted at the scale house to detect radiation if there is any! There is never any detection on drill cuttings! That is a activist myth! The leachate at SMI is run thru a RO system and filters which clean up the leachate tremendously! I think your just another crackpot who has no clue what they are spouting off about!

What is your position at Seneca Meadows? Are you an engineer who works on the Geiger counters? What level are those counters set at? Are you taking into account the incremental build up of radioactivity over time? And if there were to be any radioactivity detected, would you or your employer ever actually admit to it? Sorry, but science is not "activist myths". And being that you know more about landfills than any one else, I'm sure you know that much of the SMI leachate is trucked off-site to a treatment facility in Endicott, NY because it is far too toxic for the Seneca Falls waste waste treatment plant to handle. I'm far from a crackpot, friendo. In fact, I actually know what I'm talking about.

p.s. *You're
Do you even know what causes radioactivity ? I think not.
For CRACKPOTS
https://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/faqs/consumerproducts.html

What exactly is it you're trying to prove with that link? That site lists common household items? You do realize this indirectly supports my claim of incremental buildup of radioactivity when you store it all in one giant pile, right? And you do realize that site says nothing of radioactive drill casing used in hydraulic fracturing, right?

...Right?
WRONG
https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania...-public-health/

Once again you utterly fail at macroscopic reasoning. The radioactivity present in hydraulic fracturing operations, as they takes place, may not be harmful, in small amounts. Wholesale storing that radioactive waste, in tons upon tons, centralizing it all in a mega landfill certainly IS. Again, this realization requires reasoning you do not possess. You need to be lead by the hand, verbatim, to every fact and do not possess the ability to see the larger picture here.

#1506296 --- 10/09/17 07:08 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

He also fails to understand that Perma-Fix (the company that carried out the study which he cites) has a dreadful safety compliance record, has been, on multiple occasions, successfully sued and has received repeated citations and has agreed to legal settlements for repeatedly violating the proper handling and control of oil, highly toxic chemicals and a multitude of various radioactive materials. They have also been further cited for failure to expidite proper remedies of their violations.

Then again, maybe he just doesn't care.

Violation Tracker Parent Company Summary:
http://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/perma-fix-environmental-services

Air pollution agency cites Jefferson Twp. company for violations:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/loca...pxqlZ0JoIMwhXN/

Perma-Fix Reaches Agreement with U.S. EPA on Alleged Clean-Air Violations:
http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrich...lations-008.htm

Richland firm fined $36,400 for radioactive waste storage:
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/local/hanford/article112293332.html

Perma-Fix settles complaint over emissions:
http://www.ohiocitizen.org/campaigns/dayton_vx/dayton_vx.html

And the list goes on...

#1506297 --- 10/09/17 07:17 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
Oh did I leave you out ? OK, you're a joke too. Actually you're the biggest joke on the forums !

Clearly NOT. smirk

#1506300 --- 10/09/17 07:50 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

But SMI doesn't take fracking waste crazy

#1506301 --- 10/09/17 08:08 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Festus]
Wolf King Offline

Yeah, you can stop that lie. No one is buying it anymore. According to the EPA, SMI accepted over 8,000 tons of radioactive drill casings from hydro-fracturing operations in Pennsylvania. We have this thing called the "internet" these days, old boy.

#1506304 --- 10/09/17 08:20 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Clearly NOT. smirk
Clearly YES!

#1506305 --- 10/09/17 08:21 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Clearly NOT. smirk
http://www.occupy.com/tags/violation-tracker

#1506313 --- 10/09/17 08:44 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Yeah, you can stop that lie. No one is buying it anymore. According to the EPA, SMI accepted over 8,000 tons of radioactive drill casings from hydro-fracturing operations in Pennsylvania. We have this thing called the "internet" these days, old boy.

He'll say absolutely anything in an attempt to spread his ridiculous agenda. You could drive truck through the gaping chasms of his knowledge-base. Including... hell... especially on the subjects of which he claims expertise.

Of course they've taken in thousands of tons of radioactive casings.

#1506314 --- 10/09/17 08:52 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
scwoodchuck Offline

What year was that ? It AIN'T casings it's DRILL CUTTINGS.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/stor...vania/22951199/

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/09/17 08:58 PM)

#1506325 --- 10/10/17 05:48 AM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

He'll say absolutely anything in an attempt to spread his ridiculous agenda. You could drive truck through the gaping chasms of his knowledge-base. Including... hell... especially on the subjects of which he claims expertise.

Of course they've taken in thousands of tons of radioactive casings.
IT'S NOT CASINGS IT'S CUTTINGS.

#1506353 --- 10/10/17 12:05 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: scwoodchuck]
gassy one Offline

Those idiots have no clue Chuck!

#1506360 --- 10/10/17 03:15 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

What year was that ? It AIN'T casings it's DRILL CUTTINGS.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/stor...vania/22951199/

As usual, you move the goalpost when you're called-out for making patently false statements.

So, to summarize: "SMI accepted over 8,000 tons of radioactive drill casings [cuttings] from hydro-fracturing operations in Pennsylvania."

YOU don't get it.

#1506367 --- 10/10/17 03:54 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Those idiots have no clue Chuck!

Not so idiotic as one who crows after being caught in an outright lie.

#1506369 --- 10/10/17 04:11 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Oh but I do get it,you two know absolutely nothing about radioactivity or where it's found and how come. You refuse to accept the fact that the radiation from fracking drill CUTTINGS is harmless. crazy

Edited by scwoodchuck (10/10/17 04:12 PM)

#1506371 --- 10/10/17 07:22 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Oh but I do get it,you two know absolutely nothing about radioactivity or where it's found and how come. You refuse to accept the fact that the radiation from fracking drill CUTTINGS is harmless. crazy

Doubling-Down, are you?

Having graduated from the Navy's Basic Nuclear Power Course, Nuclear Field A-School (equal to almost 80 college credits hrs), AND five years of Sea-Intensive Tours as a Navy Nuke Tech, I can say with a generous degree of expertise that you're completely full of it.

Even Miniscule Amounts of Radiation Can Be Dangerous (take for example your own broken tangle of DNA).
grin

#1506384 --- 10/10/17 09:11 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Festus]
Wolf King Offline

You have yet to show ANY practical reasoning why radioactivity A is any less harmful than radioactivity B. I don't care if it's cuttings, casing, shavings, pallets, bags, train loads, truck loads, or whatever it is. If it's radioactive, and it's being wholesale stored in one central location, IT'S DANGEROUS.

When the gun is aimed at your head, whether it's loaded with brass bullets or lead bullets makes little difference.

But please, keep your industry science coming. I certainly hope you're getting time and a half for shilling up these forums. Too bad no one has been buying dump propaganda for close to 10 years now.

#1506388 --- 10/10/17 09:30 PM Re: Bad news for SMI [Re: Wolf King]
gassy one Offline

You have yet to show ANY practical reasoning why radioactivity A is any less harmful than radioactivity B. I don't care if it's cuttings, casing, shavings, pallets, bags, train loads, truck loads, or whatever it is. If it's radioactive, and it's being wholesale stored in one central location, IT'S DANGEROUS.

When the gun is aimed at your head, whether it's loaded with brass bullets or lead bullets makes little difference.

But please, keep your industry science coming. I certainly hope you're getting time and a half for shilling up these forums. Too bad no one has been buying dump propaganda for close to 10 years now.
Actually you so called activists who pretend to know everything but actually have no clue have been proven wrong many times!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >