FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1508529 --- 11/09/17 07:36 AM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: gassy one]
Laketrout Offline

Loc: NY
They pay significantly more. Its just like any other profession. If another company is going to offer you significantly more for the same or better job why would you not take it all other things being equal. Just because crime MAY be down in Yates County that doesnt make it any less dangerous to be in LE in this county. There was a home invasion murder in the southern tier and another murder in Steuben County the same day last week. Yates County does not exist in a vacuum.These officers have no idea what the next traffic stop entails. If it was me and one department offered significantly more I would jump ship too.

FingerLakes1.com
#1508683 --- 11/10/17 08:20 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: Laketrout]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
How is it that such a small village can pay more than a county position?

#1508688 --- 11/10/17 08:41 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic
How is it that such a small village can pay more than a county position?
State retirement is why the county is losing deputies to the village!

#1508689 --- 11/10/17 08:45 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: gassy one]
gassy one Offline

#1508778 --- 11/11/17 06:42 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

I get the budget increases, but the same two names always pop up, morris and Morrison, and the always attack the sheriff budget. Take a look at the social services budget and see what that looks like. Too many mandated handouts and not enough mandated get off you asses and earn a living.

#1508781 --- 11/11/17 08:32 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
I get the budget increases, but the same two names always pop up, morris and Morrison, and the always attack the sheriff budget. Take a look at the social services budget and see what that looks like. Too many mandated handouts and not enough mandated get off you asses and earn a living.

Amen, sister!!!

#1508823 --- 11/12/17 08:50 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
gassy one Offline

They should attack the sheriff's budget it is out of control but the old timers on the legislature give Spike a free pass! Check our LE budget against counties of similar size!I agree with you on social services! That's what happens when you keep putting in more section 8 housing! You're not getting the cream of the crop!

Edited by gassy one (11/12/17 08:53 PM)

#1508892 --- 11/13/17 07:18 PM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

See, that's the standard mark morris, Elden morrison comment. What they should do is build a new jail and start making money on prisoners like Seneca and Ontario did. However that requires progressive thinking.

#1508952 --- 11/16/17 07:37 AM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
gassy one Offline

So you are telling me its ok for our LE budget to be so far out of wack with other counties of similar size! Maybe you like paying taxes but I don't! As far as a new jail it's not needed! Update the one we have now! If every county boards prisoners how many do you think will be left for YC?

#1508974 --- 11/16/17 11:10 AM Re: Spike gets his way [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

If it costs me a few dollars per thousand to make sure a cop is coming to my house or the roadside when I need one, amen to that. I'd pay it in a heart beat. If it gives the police one more cop on the road to chase after drug dealers, I'd pay it in a heart beat. If it prevents even one house being broken into due to the cops driving around, worth every penny. Let's see the numbers and who you are comparing to.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2