FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1505165 --- 09/24/17 11:43 AM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

The trouble is you have no idea what a fact is in your lefty weanie way!

Edited by gassy one (09/24/17 11:44 AM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1505274 --- 09/25/17 02:19 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
It would have been different had financial assistance been provided to help polluters clean up, but no that was not done. As an example I submit the case of the JJ Rogers Paper Co. in Ausable Forks, NY. The paper mill closed when anti pollution regulations prevented further waste disposal in the Ausable River. The closure created havoc. Had there been funding to help them clean up the story would have changed.

#1505289 --- 09/25/17 04:21 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.193187340724053.48067.125588860817235&type=3

http://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2011/07/a-short-history-of-johns-brook-lodge.html

GEE, you couldn't have picked a worse company to complain about. Do you realize the company started in the 1820s ? Now it's a tourist destination !
Access and reservation information can be found online.

Illustrations: Above, Johns Brook Lodge (photo courtesy ADK); below, a map of the Johns Brook Primitive Area included with the High Peaks Wilderness Complex UMP.

Sources: The May/June 2000 edition of Adirondac celebrated JBL with several articles including “Johns Brook Lodge: A Short History” by Bob Grimm. Also, the High Peaks Wilderness Complex UMP, The Forest Preserve by Eleanor Brown, Guides of the Adirondacks by Charles Brumley, Barbara McMartin’s Great Forests of the Adirondacks, and the ADK’s JBL Master Plan.

Edited by scwoodchuck (09/25/17 04:44 PM)

#1505403 --- 09/26/17 07:26 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Lee Alias]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Tourism dollars are better than no dollars....and the transition took time. So nice to hear that there was a turn around. I would submit that it didn't have to be that way. Polluting industries were squeezed and left to pollute where there were no restrictions. Luckily the Ausable River watershed and Lake Champlain were spared. Yet the factory could have continued to sustain the community if our politicians had had the intestinal fortitude to commit to funding pollution abatement. But no, the firms left. China and Mexico get to choke down those poisons now. Not that you care. As long as it isn't here, right? Or maybe you support more pollution here. Those pesky regulations are the problem. If we could just pour the benzene down the sink.....isn't that the reality? In Seneca Falls jobs left and the impact on the economy has been devastating. Neighborhoods are deteriorating because the folks that own the houses have lost their economic advantage. And no matter what ,tourism wages don't pay like manufacturing wages. The transition to a tourist economy is fraught with unanticipated expense.

#1505433 --- 09/27/17 08:51 AM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Tourism causes polution too. Try to get into your twisted little mind that people cause polution and when you have millions of people visiting the Finger Lakes they create a tremendous amount of trash and air polution.

#1505459 --- 09/27/17 03:40 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

I'm sure China will survive the pollution better than we will survive the shrinking economy.
Jan 25, 2017 - Buick's mid-size luxury crossover, which is called the Envision, is the ... all are assembled in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities that ...
General Motors Opens Cadillac Plant in Shanghai
General Motors › media › news › jan › 0...
Jan 21, 2016 - The flexible and intelligent state-of-the-art manufacturing facility will support the growth of the Cadillac luxury brand in China while strengthening ...
The Facts And Figures Of Cadillac's New, State-Of-The-Art Chinese Manufacturing Plant - GM Authority
GM Authority › blog › 2016/04 › the-fa...
Apr 17, 2016 - ... new Cadillac plant in China is a high-tech, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. ... Next story Storied Buick Union Being Absorbed Into Local 659 ...
Cadillac Shanghai China Plant | GM Authority
GM Authority › blog › gm-china-facilities
Sep 6, 2017 - According to GM, the flexible and intelligent state-of-the-art manufacturing facility will “support the growth of the Cadillac luxury brand in China ...

#1505468 --- 09/27/17 08:23 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: scwoodchuck]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Tourism causes polution too. Try to get into your twisted little mind that people cause polution and when you have millions of people visiting the Finger Lakes they create a tremendous amount of trash and air polution.
Plus all the vineyards polluting the lakes with runoff causing algae blooms!

#1506032 --- 10/05/17 09:57 AM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Lee Alias]
cortez Offline

Loc: geographic location
From Bryne Dairy to Nice And Easy there is only two houses that are kept up and very pleasant....I see that one of those is up for sale...wouldn't want to live next to that string of dumps.

#1506036 --- 10/05/17 12:57 PM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: cortez]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
I agree however there are more then 2 homes. Did you notice the house or apartment building across from Byrne's had broken furniture, etc on the curb for days, last week? That tells me the Town doesn't care...welcome to SF!!!

#1506527 --- 10/13/17 07:24 AM Re: Seneca Falls Deteriorating Neighborhoods - Why? [Re: Top Dog]
ibepokenmore Offline

Loc: waterloo
Your right on target. There is no finacial security in seneca county as a whole. People have to travel outside the county to look for work that gives you 40 hours a week and not seasonal. Not saying thete isnt any jobs, but not so you can afford to pay to live. People can and will move closer to their jobs. But its much more than just a job thing. Theres a lot of things that factor into the decline of our communities. And sadly we arent the only communities hit by this decline, its hitting all over america.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2