Originally Posted By: kyle585
http://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari-m...t-1040058947730

Rep. Castro: New report means it's time for Trump impeachment

The Beat With Ari Melber 9/5/17
Never going to happen sore loser!

So arrogant.

So angry.

So...not in the White House!
Hillary Clinton: I Was So Sure I Was Going to Win, 'I Had Not Drafted a Concession Speech'

FingerLakes1.com
#1504728 --- 09/13/17 08:48 AM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-apos-going-kill-apos-151555452.html

Mueller Is ‘Going for the Kill’ on Trump-Russia Investigation, Republicans Believe: Report
Newsweek Jason Le Miere,Newsweek 22 hours ago

Republicans with close links to the White House increasingly believe that special counsel Robert Mueller is “going for the kill” in his investigation into links between President Donald Trump and Russia, according to a report from Axios Tuesday.

Members of the GOP are said to have come to that stark conclusion based on Mueller’s hiring of lawyers experienced in dealing with money laundering crimes and the Mafia, as well as the intensity of his pursuit of both witnesses and evidence.

Trump has previously warned that investigation of his financial dealings is a red line that Mueller should not cross. But that is thought to be exactly what Mueller is doing, including looking into a proposal made during the 2016 campaign to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

The new report comes just days after Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, told CBS’s 60 Minutes that Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, which he called the worst mistake in “modern political history,” led directly to the appointment of Mueller to oversee the investigation.

Mueller’s probe appears to have stepped up in recent weeks. It was reported last month that he had impaneled a federal grand jury in Washington and has issued subpoenas related to a meeting Donald Trump Jr. held with a Russian-government-linked lawyer in June 2016. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, as well as his then-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, were also at the meeting. Last week, Trump Jr. was interviewed behind closed doors by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Robert Mueller Special counsel Robert Mueller arrives at the U.S. Capitol for a closed meeting with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 21. Alex Wong/Getty Images

Such is the scale of Mueller’s investigation that legal fees for those coming under the probe’s focus are mounting sharply, to the extent that outside legal defense funds could soon be necessary, Axios reports. More Trump aides are said to have lawyered up in response to a draft letter from Trump explaining his reasons for firing Comey, which was never sent and has not been published but has been obtained by Mueller. The letter was handed out to several White House officials, including Vice President Mike Pence, according to The New York Times.

Despite Trump’s repeated insistence that he has been told he is not personally under investigation, the president is possibly facing very real personal consequences. Based on conversations with White House aides, Axios says that Mueller is narrowing in on a possible charge of obstruction of justice against the president.

While the details of the original letter have yet to be disclosed, Trump undermined his legally refined reasons for dismissing Comey when he told NBC News that he did so with the Russia investigation in mind.

Despite all of this, Trump is not thought to be considering firing Mueller, according to Axios. Doing so, Trump associates said, would be as bad as “firing the pope.”

#1504732 --- 09/13/17 01:19 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: gassy one]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY

#1504762 --- 09/14/17 01:13 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ann-coulter-says-everyone-wants-130119011.html

Ann Coulter, conservative Republican commentator and author of the book “In Trump We Trust,” reached peak Donald Trump frustration on Thursday morning when she tweeted, “At this point, who doesn’t want Trump impeached?” and said she'd prefer President Mike Pence if the promised border wall falls through.

Other Republicans or Independents who have discussed the possibility of a Trump impeachment include Representative Justin Amash (R-Mich.), Representative Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) and Senator Angus King (I-ME).

#1504840 --- 09/17/17 02:41 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/09/17/feinstein-senates-russia-probe-take-another-year-half-not/

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) said the Senate Judiciary Committee’s investigation into possible collusion between Russia and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign could go on for “a year, a year-and-a-half, if not more.”

When asked if Donald Trump Jr., will testify in public Feinstein said, “It will be this fall, I know that for sure.”

She added, “Things keep changing. Not by design but by just the press of other business on the committee. I think people have to anticipate — I know because as I walk through the halls, there is a rush of the press, you know, question after question, it will take a long time. This could take a year, a year-and-a-half, if not more. So I think people have to be patient. The chairman and I work well together. If we have a difference, we work it out between us. I think the Democratic side is very constructive in how they work at this and we will be able to answer some questions.

#1504877 --- 09/19/17 05:09 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-manafort-spokesman-responds-to-wiretapping-report/

Manafort issued a rare response, after CBS News confirmed Manafort was wiretapped during an investigation of the efforts of Russian operatives to influence the election.

"If true, it is a felony to reveal the existence of a FISA warrant, regardless of the fact that no charges ever emerged," Manafort spokesman Jason Maloni said in a statement released Tuesday. "The U.S Department of Justice's Inspector General should immediately conduct an investigation into these leaks and to examine the motivations behind a previous administration's effort to surveil a political opponent.

Mr. Manafort requests that the Department of Justice release any intercepts involving him and any non-Americans so interested parties can come to the same conclusion as the DOJ – there is nothing there."

The warrant was issued prior to Robert Mueller's appointment as special counsel to take over the FBI investigation into Russian election meddling and any ties to the Trump campaign. Since then, Mueller has convened a grand jury in the probe. Federal investigators have told Manafort they plan to indict him, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

According to CNN, which first reported the Manafort wiretapping, the U.S. government listened in on the former campaign manager's conversations during the election cycle. The wiretapping, however, was not continuous, CNN reported.

This is a developing story.

#1504980 --- 09/21/17 07:33 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Obama illegal wiretaps! No way! LOL!

#1504987 --- 09/21/17 09:34 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: gassy one

Not according to any investigation. whistle

#1504991 --- 09/21/17 10:21 PM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: gassy one

Not according to any investigation. whistle
Wiretaps were approved under FISA warrants so Obama had to know or was more incompetent than everybody knows!

#1505073 --- Today at 01:56 AM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

This may be the first time in his life that Trump said he may have made a mistake! And I had to go to Breitbart to read it! And Trump is a fine person to talk about loyalty. He is the most disloyal I ever heard of! That is often mentioned in the news media. He will throw any friend under the bus to make himself look good.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...luther-strange/

President Donald Trump admitted to Alabama voters Friday that he might have made a mistake by endorsing appointed Alabama Senator Luther Strange in the Republican primary.

“We have to be loyal in life,” Trump said. “There is something called loyalty, and I might have made a mistake and I’ll be honest, I might have made a mistake.”

Trump appeared in Alabama for a campaign rally for Strange, despite polling showing him still lagging behind his primary challenger conservative Judge Roy Moore.

Trump predicted that if Strange lost, his political opponents and the media would cite it as a big loss for Trump, but that he wanted to repay the appointed senator for his loyal support in the Senate.

“Both are good men,” Trump said, referring to Strange and Moore.

He specified that his decision was about loyalty and picking a candidate that could win in a general election.

“Luther will definitely win … Roy has a very good chance of not winning in the general election,” Trump said.

But he promised that if Moore won the primary, he would be “campaigning like hell” for him in the general election.

Trump spoke at length about Strange, pointing out that he was easy to work with and helped him support his agenda in Washington, DC.

Despite deep skepticism from grassroots conservatives about his credentials, Trump repeatedly insisted that the senator would help him achieve his agenda.

“Luther Strange is determined to drain that swamp,” Trump said.

Trump also tried to distance Strange from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, although McConnell endorsed him.

“He’s not a friend of Mitch McConnell … he doesn’t know him, he just got there!” Trump exclaimed.

The McConnell-aligned Senate Leadership Fund Super PAC has spent $8 million in the Republican primary to help Strange win.

Trump admitted that Strange was damaged politically after he was appointed to the Senate seat by former Alabama Governor Robert Bentley after then-Senator Jeff Sessions took a job in the Trump administration.

“The fact that he was appointed, hurt him,” Trump said, but noted that he had done a “hell of a job” representing the state in a short time.

Trump said that it was fine if some of his friends and supporters preferred Moore over Strange, but joked that he might have to fire them.

“We may have to get rid of a few of them,” he said. “I’ve already gotten rid of a few of them. But they are good.”

#1505074 --- Today at 02:03 AM Re: 'Stupid and Reckless' [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
They say that politics makes strange bed fellows. This is about as strange as I ever saw. And not because there is a person named Strange involved.
Quote:
Trump also tried to distance Strange from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, although McConnell endorsed him.

“He’s not a friend of Mitch McConnell … he doesn’t know him, he just got there!” Trump exclaimed.

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16