FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1504519 --- 09/07/17 10:23 AM YC Republican Primaries
McLovin' Offline

Loc: In the land of freedom
I just read Milo candidates for the YC Legislature. Don't the GOP Incumbents realize there's a race going on? It sounds like Church only cares about the Town of Milo (grants to improve MILO's Water System---that helps me but not the County. She has to realize that being Town Supervisor is different thaat being a County Legislator).

Banach reminds us that the Jail grow older each day and then the normal political BS--improving the quality of YC life--its good now but he wants to make it better.

Morris' Priorities are to continue to do what is being done now.

One has to wonder if Gleason really cares for more than his pay check and health insurance since his one sentence respinse says nothing--same as Morris and Banach.

I was quite impressed with Chilson's vision. She points out the groups that are not quite enjoying the quality of life the incumbents wants to continue. She speaks to the Senior citizens and others who are on fixed income about the building a new 2 story jail. She talks about the opioid crisis--also not the quality of life that Banach, Church, Morris and Gleason boasts about. She wants to have the Legislature meetings at night so we can attend the meetings without having to take a half day off from work. .

I'm going to vote for only one on September because I've always heard you should vote for the best candidate. She probably won't win because she's a new voice and doesn't have the name recognition. but I bet she doesn't play golf or work for her husband's company as a secretary.

FingerLakes1.com
#1504533 --- 09/07/17 02:33 PM Re: YC Republican Primaries [Re: McLovin']
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
McLovin, I will strongly disagree with one of your statements. Mr. Morris listed quite a bit of information regarding his goals and activities as a Conservative legislator. He pushed the county to use "Benchmarking" when looking at their budget. It showed some glaring inequalities in spending if you compare Yates' per capita spending compared to similar other counties.

The problem is he couldn't convince the majority of the legistators to seriously address that issue. Mark Morris has the taxpayers interest at heart along with the knowledge and background to be the most fiscally minded legislator on the board. If you vote in the T/Milo he should be your number one choice. Ms. Chilson seems to have a Conservative posture, it wouldn't hurt to have some new blood on the board.

Instead of voting for "one" person I suggest you block vote for two people if you truly want them to be on the board. You have two very conservative minded people available in Milo.

#1504534 --- 09/07/17 04:07 PM Re: YC Republican Primaries [Re: McLovin']
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
I agree with all of what mclovin said, and mark morris has mark morris interests in his agenda. You always calling for new blood, new ideas and new visions. Morris would be a good person to replace.

#1504547 --- 09/07/17 11:36 PM Re: YC Republican Primaries [Re: McLovin']
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Mark Morris' is a thorn in the good ole boys side. He has brought up issues that aggravate some of his fellow legislators. If you look at his voting record and proposals he is doing exactly what a people's representative should be doing. He questions the way things have been done with legitimate information. He doesn't complain for the sake of complaining, He presents legitimate information and reasoning regarding his position.

#1504567 --- 09/08/17 08:25 PM Re: YC Republican Primaries [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Mark Morris' is a thorn in the good ole boys side. He has brought up issues that aggravate some of his fellow legislators. If you look at his voting record and proposals he is doing exactly what a people's representative should be doing. He questions the way things have been done with legitimate information. He doesn't complain for the sake of complaining, He presents legitimate information and reasoning regarding his position.
Until people like Dennis, Banach,House and some of the other Spike lovers are voted out of office nothing will change!