FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1503946 --- 08/23/17 11:57 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
http://www.conservapedia.com/USA_Today

USA Today would be leftist.

FingerLakes1.com
#1503947 --- 08/23/17 12:06 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Betty.
They are not a new group. They were organized in February.
By a college professor running for town council who'd a thunk it.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=37207#

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/23/17 12:28 PM)

#1503948 --- 08/23/17 12:36 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Big front page story in FL Times today. I am printing a little bit of it here and there.

Nearly 75 people took time to come Tuesday to the birthplace of the Women's rights Movement to stand against hatred, bigotry, racism, and discrimination.

“Many cities have held rallies said organizer Rachel Weil of Seneca Falls. She never expected to see so many people waving Nazi flags in the country that proudly defeated Hitler”.

John Kehoe and Joanna Papontos of Seneca Falls said they came because they consider themselves part of the Resistance Movement.

Joanne Blair of Seneca Falls said she grew up in the Bronx and saw racism as a child.

Others who spoke were Interlaken Village Board member Tony DelPano and Robin Williams of Waterloo.

(My note: the article mentioned no one from Ithaca and no mention of violence happening at the rally)
You would be wrong "AGAIN" it seems the organizer is a history professor at CORNELL grin

#1503949 --- 08/23/17 12:39 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
You would be wrong "AGAIN" it seems the organizer is a history professor at CORNELL grin
I didn't know that. All I know is the newspaper article said she was from Seneca Falls. A history professor who knows much more about history than Trump obviously.

http://time.com/4433807/donald-trump-american-history/

t the Democratic National Convention, Democrats cited American heroes of both parties and their collective vision—the shining city of Ronald Reagan, the political arena of Theodore Roosevelt and the declared independence of the founders. Hillary Clinton renewed Franklin Roosevelt’s call “The only thing to fear is fear itself” in response to modern-day fascism.

But something was particularly striking about Donald Trump's RNC acceptance speech: Its staggering deficit of United States history—its failure to acknowledge inspiration from any past U.S. president. Think about that. There is not one U.S. president—Federalist, Whig, Democratic-Republican Party, Democrat, Republican—whom Trump pointed to as an historical model.

So if Trump's alleged collusion with Russian cyber-terrorists hacking U.S. security is not evidence enough of disloyalty to the United States—nor his supposed bedside reading of Hitler's speeches, his hateful bullying of "others" or the candidate's resemblance to an intemperate autocrat who would rule over us—what about Trump’s denial of our democratic history?

Instead he claims, as no previous nominee of any U.S. political party has, “I alone” can fix the country. That is the construct of a third-world demagogue, not an American president. Trump’s patchwork does not appear to fit into our democratic existence.

From this perspective, Trump fails the most basic test of citizenship. Americans are coming to an urgent realization. It is not U.S. exceptionalism that is on the line this election; it may be American extinction, her preservation as a beacon of liberty, and her survival in the book of history.

"Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out," said American educator Virginia Gildersleeve. We are an open-minded people but not to the prospect of a homegrown dictator. If Trump does not take stock of American history, it is our very open minds and free expression that could hang in the balance.

#1503956 --- 08/23/17 03:34 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Gee I thought the reason George Washington was picked for president was the Congress new he was the only one the army would listen to. Need I remind you that the army was about to take over the country.

#1503957 --- 08/23/17 03:43 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Here is what a Cornell student had to say.
If you're looking for an easy A in the history department, look elsewhere. As an English and History double major, I squeaked out an A-. The teachers are nice, the material is straightforward, but they are straight Nazis on grading essays. Not only are they mega-strict on the grading, they're terribly inconsistent. Stay away. Stay well away."

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=37207

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/23/17 03:45 PM)

#1503959 --- 08/23/17 04:47 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Kyle literally Hijacked his own thread. D-Bag, keep your presidential hate to the other 47 threads you have on it.

You took another topic that literally has some good discussion potential and you ruined it. I was completely serious about my concern of protesters coming to protest what happened yesterday and thank goodness there were no counter protesters because it would not have been good.

#1503960 --- 08/23/17 05:22 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

Originally Posted By: Betty.
They are not a new group. They were organized in February.
By a college professor running for town council who'd a thunk it.

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=37207#

She's running for Seneca County Board of Supervisors.

#1503973 --- 08/23/17 09:46 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Sam the Sham]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
I bet someone in Honeoye Falls said the same thing:

Honeoye Falls Charlottesville Connection

at least until the photos came out.

[There is no KKK or Neo-Nazi presence to battle in Seneca Falls. I am unaware of any march being planned. [/quote]

#1504003 --- 08/24/17 06:48 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis
Unless you are a total pacifist, it is hard to keep your anger in check when confronted with Neo-nazis and the KKK. There are no "fine" people among those two groups.

Kyle, don't you forgot to add Antifa to your group hate.

#1504006 --- 08/24/17 07:00 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Unless you are a total pacifist, it is hard to keep your anger in check when confronted with Neo-nazis and the KKK. There are no "fine" people among those two groups.
Kyle, don't you forgot to add Antifa to your group hate.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

A controversial protest group, known as Antifa, clashed with right-wingers in Charlottesville

Some members employ radical or militant tactics to get their message across

After protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, turned violent on Saturday, leaving one person dead and dozens injured, the world is still grappling with what happened, who was involved and why.

Hundreds of white nationalists took to the streets over the weekend to protest the removal of a Gen. Robert E. Lee statue. But members of a controversial opposing group, known as Antifa, also showed up to condemn hate and racism.

Here's a closer look at Antifa protesters, who have become more visible in the past year.

Antifa is short for anti-fascists. The term is used to define a broad group of people whose political beliefs lean toward the left -- often the far left -- but do not conform with the Democratic Party platform. The group doesn't have an official leader or headquarters, although groups in certain states hold regular meetings.

Antifa positions can be hard to define, but many members support oppressed populations and protest the amassing of wealth by corporations and elites. Some employ radical or militant tactics to get their message across.

The majority of Antifa members don't fall into a stereotype. Since the election of President Donald Trump, however, most new Antifa members are young voters.

#1504009 --- 08/24/17 08:09 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Kyle literally Hijacked his own thread. D-Bag, keep your presidential hate to the other 47 threads you have on it.

You took another topic that literally has some good discussion potential and you ruined it. I was completely serious about my concern of protesters coming to protest what happened yesterday and thank goodness there were no counter protesters because it would not have been good.
I think it's only a matter of time before Seneca Falls and Geneva start having real problems. When all the college students return the protesting may increase. Keep in mind what has taken place at Congressman Reed's office in Geneva.

#1504014 --- 08/24/17 09:02 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: DR. D

I think it's only a matter of time before Seneca Falls and Geneva start having real problems. When all the college students return the protesting may increase. Keep in mind what has taken place at Congressman Reed's office in Geneva.
real problems? I expect a lot of protests nationwide as long as we have our current president.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the United States Congress from enacting legislation that would abridge the right of the people to assemble peaceably.

#1504016 --- 08/24/17 09:12 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Keep in mind what has taken place at Congressman Reed's office in Geneva.
Those were all peaceful protests, were they not?

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20170203/prot...ffice-in-geneva

By Aaron Curtis acurtis@messengerpostmedia.com
Posted Feb 3, 2017 at 6:46 PM Updated Feb 3, 2017 at 6:46 PM

GENEVA — An estimated 300 people showed up outside of House Republican Tom Reed’s Geneva office last Tuesday in an expression of angst over President Donald Trump’s policies and where the local representative stands on them.

According to rally organizers — three professors in the psychology department at Hobart and William Smith Colleges — the showing on Exchange Street is just the beginning.

“Lots of planning and talking and worrying is happening in hallways, offices and online, which is great, but sometimes you just have to get out on the street and be seen and heard,” said one organizer Brien Ashdown. “A lot of people were seen and heard on Tuesday.”

#1504017 --- 08/24/17 10:26 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

So you think taking over a congressman's office is OK. 10,000 people marching in Seneca Falls has no possibility of turning ugly I suppose. We've had 2 people arrested so far in Seneca Falls and in your mind there is no possibility of it escalating. You have a history of being out of touch with reality and it appears to continue.

#1504019 --- 08/24/17 10:38 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

So you think taking over a congressman's office is OK. 10,000 people marching in Seneca Falls has no possibility of turning ugly I suppose. We've had 2 people arrested so far in Seneca Falls and in your mind there is no possibility of it escalating. You have a history of being out of touch with reality and it appears to continue.
I wasn't aware they took over a congressman's office? When were two people arrested in Seneca Falls? Either I am out of touch or you have a lot of info from somewhere. grin

#1504020 --- 08/24/17 10:41 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

10,000 people marching in Seneca Falls has no possibility of turning ugly I suppose. We've had 2 people arrested so far in Seneca Falls and in your mind there is no possibility of it escalating.
Were their people arrested here?

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/...rally/96920202/

1/21/17

Voices rang out across upstate New York as thousands gathered Saturday to share their view of what America needs.

The chant "Love, not hate, that's what makes America great," went up among the crowd estimated by organizers between 8,000 to 10,000 who attended a rally at the Women's Rights National Historical Park in Seneca Falls, Seneca County. Marchers reported an approximately mile-long traffic backup on the New York state Thruway as people tried to get into town for the event.

#1504034 --- 08/24/17 12:49 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

I wasn't aware they took over a congressman's office? When were two people arrested in Seneca Falls? Either I am out of touch or you have a lot of info from somewhere. grin

http://weos.org/post/womens-assembly-occupies-rep-reeds-office

#1504036 --- 08/24/17 03:02 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://weos.org/post/womens-assembly-occupies-rep-reeds-office
The headline says: Women's Assembly Occupies Rep. Reed's Office

The article says" Around two o’clock, protesters had occupied Reed’s office where a number of individuals spoke including Banan Otaibi."

The article says nothing about forced entry or arrests. Maybe he invited them in?

#1504038 --- 08/24/17 03:44 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

OK, get 30 people and just walk into the Dean's office at Hobart or Cornell and let us know how you make out.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >