FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1503826 --- 08/21/17 12:53 PM New group formed in Seneca Falls
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Front page story on Finger Lakes Times today.

Indivisible Seneca Falls has organized an event to respond to recent violence in Charlottesville, VA. The group will gather on Tuesday from 5 to 6 PM in Elizabeth Cady Stanton Park.

The group put out a press release over the weekend saying, “We will honor those who were lost and injured, denounce hate and intolerance, and stand in solidarity with all who have been targets of ‘alt-right’ Neo-Nazi and racist attacks.”

FingerLakes1.com
#1503859 --- 08/22/17 03:38 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Front page story on Finger Lakes Times today.

Indivisible Seneca Falls has organized an event to respond to recent violence in Charlottesville, VA. The group will gather on Tuesday from 5 to 6 PM in Elizabeth Cady Stanton Park.

The group put out a press release over the weekend saying, “We will honor those who were lost and injured, denounce hate and intolerance, and stand in solidarity with all who have been targets of ‘alt-right’ Neo-Nazi and racist attacks.”
bump

#1503864 --- 08/22/17 07:29 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
All we can hope for is that this go well and it does not turn into more hate.

#1503868 --- 08/22/17 08:38 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: DR. D]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Unless you are a total pacifist, it is hard to keep your anger in check when confronted with Neo-nazis and the KKK. There are no "fine" people among those two groups.

#1503870 --- 08/22/17 08:48 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
This sounds like, at best, a solution in search of a problem and, at worst, an ill-minded attempt by the same group of Ithaca activists who travel around harassing Tom Reed and other republican politicians.

There is no KKK or Neo-Nazi presence to battle in Seneca Falls. I am unaware of any march being planned. Any bigotry that exists, while abhorrent, is no more pronounced here than anywhere else in upstate New York.

So why is Kyle saying it is justified to get angry here when "confronted with Neo-Nazis and the KKK"? Why is an organizer with a "cornell" email address organizing a group nearly an hour away from the campus?

Perhaps there is a legitimate threat here for this group to battle, but suspect Dr D's fears may come true. This is a group looking for a fight and hoping to provoke something just to get their (possible masked) faces in the news, rather than work for real solutions.

#1503873 --- 08/22/17 09:49 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Unless you are a total pacifist, it is hard to keep your anger in check when confronted with Neo-nazis and the KKK. There are no "fine" people among those two groups.

So, to prevent Nazi's and the KKK (which have no presence in this area)from making a speech which locally hasn't happened that promote violence we should use actual violence? .....do you even logic?

#1503876 --- 08/22/17 12:08 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
I think you're wrong Doc, we have lots of Nazis and facists here in Seneca County. Just take an objective look at the CCSC.

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/22/17 12:10 PM)

#1503878 --- 08/22/17 12:21 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Sam the Sham]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Sam the Sham
This sounds like, at best, a solution in search of a problem and, at worst, an ill-minded attempt by the same group of Ithaca activists who travel around harassing Tom Reed and other republican politicians.

There is no KKK or Neo-Nazi presence to battle in Seneca Falls. I am unaware of any march being planned. Any bigotry that exists, while abhorrent, is no more pronounced here than anywhere else in upstate New York.

So why is Kyle saying it is justified to get angry here when "confronted with Neo-Nazis and the KKK"? Why is an organizer with a "cornell" email address organizing a group nearly an hour away from the campus?

Perhaps there is a legitimate threat here for this group to battle, but suspect Dr D's fears may come true. This is a group looking for a fight and hoping to provoke something just to get their (possible masked) faces in the news, rather than work for real solutions.
Brace yourself Seneca Falls is about to become very sorry for It's history.

#1503880 --- 08/22/17 12:50 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
Triumph the Dog Offline

Forgeet Mexico. Build a wall around Ithaca.

#1503896 --- 08/22/17 04:20 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
Betty. Offline

They are not a new group. They were organized in February.

#1503898 --- 08/22/17 04:56 PM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Betty.]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Bought and paid for by downstate DEMOCRATS.

#1503920 --- 08/23/17 06:40 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Hello_Governer]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Big front page story in FL Times today. I am printing a little bit of it here and there.

Nearly 75 people took time to come Tuesday to the birthplace of the Women's rights Movement to stand against hatred, bigotry, racism, and discrimination.

“Many cities have held rallies said organizer Rachel Weil of Seneca Falls. She never expected to see so many people waving Nazi flags in the country that proudly defeated Hitler”.

John Kehoe and Joanna Papontos of Seneca Falls said they came because they consider themselves part of the Resistance Movement.

Joanne Blair of Seneca Falls said she grew up in the Bronx and saw racism as a child.

Others who spoke were Interlaken Village Board member Tony DelPano and Robin Williams of Waterloo.

(My note: the article mentioned no one from Ithaca and no mention of violence happening at the rally)

#1503923 --- 08/23/17 07:15 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I remember when Bill and Hillary gave speeches at Hobart College in 2001. There were no protestors. I remember when Barack Obama at least rode a bus through Seneca Falls. There were no protestors.

What do you think would happen if Donald Trump came to Seneca Falls? The protestors would number in the thousands.

#1503925 --- 08/23/17 07:43 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
I remember when Bill and Hillary gave speeches at Hobart College in 2001. There were no protestors. I remember when Barack Obama at least rode a bus through Seneca Falls. There were no protestors.

What do you think would happen if Donald Trump came to Seneca Falls? The protestors would number in the thousands.

Isn't that because conseratives tend to be more respectful and law abiding than liberals?

#1503929 --- 08/23/17 08:00 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Hot Burrito]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito

Isn't that because conseratives tend to be more respectful and law abiding than liberals?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/24/is-donald-trump-conservative-heres-the-rundown/

by Ben Shapiro 24 Jan 2016

Is Donald Trump conservative?

This week, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has bashed Trump for insufficient conservatism. He explained, “Donald’s record does not match what he says as a candidate.” Cruz isn’t the only one. Last month, Rush Limbaugh said that Trump’s attacks on Cruz reflected the fact that he was not a “genuine conservative.” Mark Levin said in 2011, “Trump is NOT the real deal… He is not a conservative. He was happy to donate to Schumer, Weiner & Emanuel campaigns last year. He was pro-choice recently and now claims to be pro-life. He sounds more and more like Ross Perot.” Andrew Breitbart said at the time, “Of course he’s not a conservative. He was for Nancy Pelosi before he was against Nancy Pelosi.”

I don’t believe Trump is a conservative either; I’ve said that repeatedly. Full disclosure: I’ve also said that I would vote for Ted Cruz if the primaries took place today. I’ve also said that Trump channels conservative anger against the establishment brilliantly, and that he has become a vessel for much-needed conversations on immigration.

With all that said, it’s worthwhile exploring Trump’s worldview. To do that, we must separate two elements of that worldview: his current positions, and his historic positions. The first goes to supposed conservatism, and the second goes to credibility – even if he says he’s conservative today, should you believe him?

#1503930 --- 08/23/17 08:02 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Big front page story in FL Times today. I am printing a little bit of it here and there.

Nearly 75 people took time to come Tuesday to the birthplace of the Women's rights Movement to stand against hatred, bigotry, racism, and discrimination.

“Many cities have held rallies said organizer Rachel Weil of Seneca Falls. She never expected to see so many people waving Nazi flags in the country that proudly defeated Hitler”.

John Kehoe and Joanna Papontos of Seneca Falls said they came because they consider themselves part of the Resistance Movement.

Joanne Blair of Seneca Falls said she grew up in the Bronx and saw racism as a child.

Others who spoke were Interlaken Village Board member Tony DelPano and Robin Williams of Waterloo.

(My note: the article mentioned no one from Ithaca and no mention of violence happening at the rally)
written by David Shaw I presume crazy

#1503931 --- 08/23/17 08:04 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
written by David Shaw I presume crazy
So now you are going to tell me the FL Times is a liberal paper? The kind Trump says is an enemy of the people?

#1503932 --- 08/23/17 08:06 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/24/is-donald-trump-conservative-heres-the-rundown/

by Ben Shapiro 24 Jan 2016

Is Donald Trump conservative?

This week, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has bashed Trump for insufficient conservatism. He explained, “Donald’s record does not match what he says as a candidate.” Cruz isn’t the only one. Last month, Rush Limbaugh said that Trump’s attacks on Cruz reflected the fact that he was not a “genuine conservative.” Mark Levin said in 2011, “Trump is NOT the real deal… He is not a conservative. He was happy to donate to Schumer, Weiner & Emanuel campaigns last year. He was pro-choice recently and now claims to be pro-life. He sounds more and more like Ross Perot.” Andrew Breitbart said at the time, “Of course he’s not a conservative. He was for Nancy Pelosi before he was against Nancy Pelosi.”

I don’t believe Trump is a conservative either; I’ve said that repeatedly. Full disclosure: I’ve also said that I would vote for Ted Cruz if the primaries took place today. I’ve also said that Trump channels conservative anger against the establishment brilliantly, and that he has become a vessel for much-needed conversations on immigration.

With all that said, it’s worthwhile exploring Trump’s worldview. To do that, we must separate two elements of that worldview: his current positions, and his historic positions. The first goes to supposed conservatism, and the second goes to credibility – even if he says he’s conservative today, should you believe him?
I thought I liked skiing, till I hit a tree.

#1503934 --- 08/23/17 08:09 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
I thought I liked skiing, till I hit a tree.
Did you have a helmet on? grin

#1503938 --- 08/23/17 08:49 AM Re: New group formed in Seneca Falls [Re: Hot Burrito]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Not much respect from these Republicans. It is fake news for sure.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/loca...land/592199001/

Ah social media is a glorious place. You see something, it looks cool, and so you retweet it.

And sometimes that gets you into trouble.

Such was the case Tuesday night, when Tennessee Republicans and other supporters of President Donald Trump started sharing an image of what was purportedly a massive crowd gathered in the streets of Phoenix ahead of his speech.

Only problem? The photo is actually an aerial shot from the 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers parade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >