FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1502838 --- 08/05/17 07:32 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: DR. D
Really a good topic about something factual and you guys are discussing rent issues.
Low cost housing is what attracts people to this area just look at all the people from downstate and the Northeast who buy houses and lake property because it's so cheap. Then they try to turn the area into a place just like the place they just ran away from.

FingerLakes1.com
#1502839 --- 08/05/17 07:35 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
Sneaky, snarky, snooty Seneca Falls has a little sunshine thrown on its elitist delusions.

Examples?
YOU

#1502843 --- 08/05/17 05:19 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Really a good topic about something factual and you guys are discussing rent issues.
Low cost housing is what attracts people to this area just look at all the people from downstate and the Northeast who buy houses and lake property because it's so cheap. Then they try to turn the area into a place just like the place they just ran away from.

Oh believe me this rent thing is a whole separate topic you discuss and one that I would be more than glad to give my input on.

However, I believe although entitled to her opinion and guaranteed freedom of speech the director of the WHF like any good front person should choose her words more wisely since she is a Federal employee(Remember when she refused to put the flag at half mast?). The core of what she does is public service based on tourists and thusly telling people that folks from SF are mean only brings negative attention.

#1502884 --- 08/06/17 07:35 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: DR. D]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Downtown will reflect success or failure, it won't create it.

This is where you are wrong, unless you are one of the good ol' boys offspring your stuff isn't succeeding in SF.

What are you talking about here?

#1502885 --- 08/06/17 08:43 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Top Dog]
DR. D Offline

The downtown should support and embrace new start ups even though the owners are not home grown...if you know what I mean.

#1502897 --- 08/07/17 12:54 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: DeReRustica]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Originally Posted By: DeReRustica

<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall
The Ami Ghazala's are the problem with the world today.

Instead of focusing on the positives and coming together, everybody wants to find the negatives and divide.

More and more people are dividing into groups (blacks, indians, women, muslims, kkk, terrorist, whites, koreans, and whatever other group you can think of) and looking out for their own interest group rather than coming together with everyone and work together and make sure everyone succeeds.

I completely agree.........(DoctorD: Runs screaming down hallway realizing he agreed with hereall's statement)

Not only did Dr. D agree with Hearall, they both agreed with Ghazala.

It strikes me that Ghazala was pointing out the very same problem. That he noted that there was a part of local society that was looking out for their interest group and not ready of come together with the staff at the park, or work together so Seneca Falls succeeds.

Now you're putting words into my mouth. I don't agree with her at all. I think she's over reacting and from the little bit that I read here she sounds like a heterophobe (maybe all straight men need to protest in front of her office with hats opposite of what the women wore for their protest).

Working together is one thing. Saying the whole town is not welcoming because of one guy's problem is another. Sounds like they are both way too sensitive. I think the town has more than bent over backwards tried to work together with the Women's Rights National Park. Half of the downtown area is dedicated to Women's Rights shops or museums.

Maybe people in SF can't stand the women's rights park or got annoyed because of all the people that were blocking Fall Street in January. Talk about a nuisance. People have things to do and we have people whining and blocking the street about trivial issues.

I do understand her position though. It is her job to make a big deal out of nothing. I mean, the modern women's rights movement is really making something out of nothing and a farce. Women and minorities have more opportunities today for just meeting the simple criteria of being female or a minority. If you're not succeeding as a woman or minority today, it's really your own fault. Minorities and women have the same rights has everyone else. I know plenty of minorities and women that make really good salaries (60-70-100G plus) with great careers.

Here's an example:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governo...tate-exceeds-20

The only thing MWBE's do is increase taxes for NYS residents. Literally, the NYS branch that is ordering products, orders from a nationally owned company that is linked to a MWBE. You place the order through the MWBE and the order comes from directly from the nationally known company. A certain percentage gets added to the price of the product or service that the MWBE receives. The state can then say they purchased the product from a MWBE. The MWBE business did literally nothing except be a middle woMAN and collect the markup on the product.

And we wonder why taxes are going through the roof?!?! It's because of bogus PC programs like Article 15-A.

#1502899 --- 08/07/17 05:03 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
DR. D Offline

I don't agree with her at all. I think she's over reacting and from the little bit that I read here she sounds like a heterophobe (maybe all straight men need to protest in front of her office with hats opposite of what the women wore for their protest).

Oh my God, I agree again.

Secondly the hat idea....Brilliant.

#1502906 --- 08/07/17 10:54 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: DR. D]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
The downtown should support and embrace new start ups even though the owners are not home grown...if you know what I mean.

I get what you mean and agree. My point is that downtown is not the cause of a great economy that it seems to be portrayed as in this thread.

Taxes and jobs are generated by the Outlet Mall, Walmart, and car dealerships. Hopefully del Lago has joined that group. Not of which offer an abundance of high paying jobs, but jobs just the same. A small retail store downtown is nice, but not in that league.

My point that we need to build astronger local economy and then money invested in downtown will follow.

#1502949 --- 08/07/17 08:06 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Top Dog]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Every community in New York is trying to build a stronger economy. Seneca Falls has nothing to offer business except opposition.

#1502951 --- 08/07/17 08:09 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...nality-map.html

HOME»NEWS»WORLD NEWS»NORTH AMERICA»USA
New Yorkers are neurotic and unfriendly, says Cambridge University 'personality map'
New York is home to the most neurotic and unfriendly people in America
Must be everyone thinks this excludes Seneca Falls.

#1503193 --- 08/11/17 05:03 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
Hello_Governer Offline

http://www.fltimes.com/opinion/letters_t...9dc0f64711.html

LETTER: Saddened by the prejudice she is seeing locally
Mike Cutillo 1 hr ago 0
To the Editor:

This is an open letter to the woman who called the police on my step-son for riding his long board down the street. She called the police because "A Hispanic man keeps riding by her house." He is 16 and his friend lives two doors down from her.

The police came and were very kind to my step-son, letting him know he had every right to ride his long board in the street.

I am deeply saddened that someone in my neighborhood could be so prejudiced. Would she have called if he was white? Why does she fear someone with darker skin?

I am writing this in hopes of educating people, letting them know that they do not have to fear someone because they are different. My step-son is Syrian/Native American. I want him to grow up in a world where differences are celebrated, not feared. I ask that everyone who reads this take the time to ask themselves what they would have done and educate themselves.

We do not need to live in fear. We need to live in love.

LARA WATSON

Seneca Falls

Edited by Hello_Governer (08/11/17 05:07 PM)

#1503209 --- 08/12/17 12:01 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Kells Offline

Friendly or not, Seneca Falls smells like @$$. Breathing in the air in Seneca Falls is enough to make your lungs hurt. Who cares if the people are friendly, if behind that friendly demeanor is a willingness to pollute the lungs of every man, woman, and child who has the misfortune of passing through?

#1503219 --- 08/12/17 05:27 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Kells]
DR. D Offline

Stop it, you want to make landfill comments go to one of the 57 anti-landfill threads.

#1503222 --- 08/12/17 06:31 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Kells]
scwoodchuck Offline

A good psychiatrist could make a fortune in Seneca Falls grin

#1503307 --- 08/12/17 10:06 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Hello_Governer]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
http://www.fltimes.com/opinion/letters_t...9dc0f64711.html

LETTER: Saddened by the prejudice she is seeing locally
Mike Cutillo 1 hr ago 0
To the Editor:

This is an open letter to the woman who called the police on my step-son for riding his long board down the street. She called the police because "A Hispanic man keeps riding by her house." He is 16 and his friend lives two doors down from her.

The police came and were very kind to my step-son, letting him know he had every right to ride his long board in the street.

I am deeply saddened that someone in my neighborhood could be so prejudiced. Would she have called if he was white? Why does she fear someone with darker skin?

I am writing this in hopes of educating people, letting them know that they do not have to fear someone because they are different. My step-son is Syrian/Native American. I want him to grow up in a world where differences are celebrated, not feared. I ask that everyone who reads this take the time to ask themselves what they would have done and educate themselves.

We do not need to live in fear. We need to live in love.

LARA WATSON

Seneca Falls

ZzzzZZZzzzz.

Another person playing the race card.

Going with the 'Would she have called if he was white' question. . . What if the woman said there is a white kid riding by my house? Maybe she was annoyed by him. Would we be all emotional because the person said "white person"?? It's just like when a black person commits a crime and the news media holds back that the person is black and tells us we need to be on the lookout for a 6' male 180 lbs. Well, that really narrows it down.

Either way, why bring it to this level. Why don't you go ask her in person if she hates your son because of his skin color or because he rides by her house 80x a day. Lara sounds like a drama queen just like Ami.

Maybe Lara should stick to being a better animal communicator.

#1503317 --- 08/13/17 09:45 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

The letter is appropriate in this discussion. You should talk about being a drama queen.

#1503360 --- 08/14/17 10:34 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: DeReRustica

<!-- -->
The Ami Ghazala's are the problem with the world today.

Instead of focusing on the positives and coming together, everybody wants to find the negatives and divide.

More and more people are dividing into groups (blacks, indians, women, muslims, kkk, terrorist, whites, koreans, and whatever other group you can think of) and looking out for their own interest group rather than coming together with everyone and work together and make sure everyone succeeds.

I completely agree.........(DoctorD: Runs screaming down hallway realizing he agreed with hereall's statement)

Not only did Dr. D agree with Hearall, they both agreed with Ghazala.

It strikes me that Ghazala was pointing out the very same problem. That he noted that there was a part of local society that was looking out for their interest group and not ready of come together with the staff at the park, or work together so Seneca Falls succeeds.

Now you're putting words into my mouth. I don't agree with her at all. I think she's over reacting and from the little bit that I read here she sounds like a heterophobe (maybe all straight men need to protest in front of her office with hats opposite of what the women wore for their protest).

Working together is one thing. Saying the whole town is not welcoming because of one guy's problem is another. Sounds like they are both way too sensitive. I think the town has more than bent over backwards tried to work together with the Women's Rights National Park. Half of the downtown area is dedicated to Women's Rights shops or museums.

Maybe people in SF can't stand the women's rights park or got annoyed because of all the people that were blocking Fall Street in January. Talk about a nuisance. People have things to do and we have people whining and blocking the street about trivial issues.

I do understand her position though. It is her job to make a big deal out of nothing. I mean, the modern women's rights movement is really making something out of nothing and a farce. Women and minorities have more opportunities today for just meeting the simple criteria of being female or a minority. If you're not succeeding as a woman or minority today, it's really your own fault. Minorities and women have the same rights has everyone else. I know plenty of minorities and women that make really good salaries (60-70-100G plus) with great careers.

Here's an example:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governo...tate-exceeds-20

The only thing MWBE's do is increase taxes for NYS residents. Literally, the NYS branch that is ordering products, orders from a nationally owned company that is linked to a MWBE. You place the order through the MWBE and the order comes from directly from the nationally known company. A certain percentage gets added to the price of the product or service that the MWBE receives. The state can then say they purchased the product from a MWBE. The MWBE business did literally nothing except be a middle woMAN and collect the markup on the product.

And we wonder why taxes are going through the roof?!?! It's because of bogus PC programs like Article 15-A.

"maybe all straight men need to protest in front of her office with hats opposite of what the women wore for their protest"

Hats with dog ears?

#1503361 --- 08/14/17 10:39 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
If you didn't mean dog ears, and you meant a hat with a replica of your genitalia on it (which women marchers did not wear) I can tell you right now--on behalf of all feminists, we certainly encourage you to begin marching with penises on your heads.

Please. Start knitting immediately.

#1503362 --- 08/14/17 11:14 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: past tense]
Triumph the Dog Offline

I like both ideas. Dog ears vould honah me. Und der udder idea vould be great because vhy should male protesters look any less redeeculous dan der feminuts?

#1503402 --- 08/15/17 07:00 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
So here we are again... Ridicule all you want. Does any moment of clarity occur? Does it even seem something could matter enough to take a long look at how we present ourselves? Visitors for all over the world come to SF to honor and reflect upon the history of Women's Rights. Too bad even when we are shown the ball we can't pick it up and run with it.

Edited by Here's Johnny (08/15/17 07:01 AM)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >