FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1502596 --- 07/30/17 07:38 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: dj205]
French Pastry Offline

Gentlemen, please get your facts before tossing rocks...Valerie Gardner hired a local PI to check and see the THREE addresses Casella had on his petitions....He listed THREE different residences, NONE of which are in Yates County.....You would think he would cross all his t's and dot all his i's and have a local residence before sending out petitions....You'll notice that three of his party lines have been disqualified...

FingerLakes1.com
#1502881 --- 08/06/17 05:42 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Casella signs are starting to appear all over Yates County in lawns of law enforcement officers, when Former Penn Yan Police Chief Hulse retired last week he within one day put one in his lawn, State Police, Yates County Sheriff Department officers and the Penn Yan Police are all endorsing Casella for Yates County District Attorney. They claim that Gardner has shown in the last three and half years that she is a lazy prosecutor who is not fit for the job.

#1502900 --- 08/07/17 07:44 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
yipes Offline

Loc: NY
I have noticed that as well, very 'telling' for sure. When do we vote?

#1502901 --- 08/07/17 08:35 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Ha Ha, no doubt some are endorsing Casella, It tells me one thing. They didn't pay attention in basic school when they were told it was there job to arrest people, not to worry about how a case was disposed of in court.

I personally know LE officers who are not supporting Casella so your "all" statement is BS. I think it is very "telling" someone would support an out of county resident they don't know.

#1502909 --- 08/07/17 12:27 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Online   content

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Ha Ha, no doubt some are endorsing Casella, It tells me one thing. They didn't pay attention in basic school when they were told it was there job to arrest people, not to worry about how a case was disposed of in court.

I personally know LE officers who are not supporting Casella so your "all" statement is BS. I think it is very "telling" someone would support an out of county resident they don't know.
It's easy Gene! If your not happy with 1 or 2 you go to three!

#1502935 --- 08/07/17 05:51 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: yipes]
helpme Offline

Court hearing today in Rochester was held to decide if Todd Casella will have the two parties lines reinstated that were taken away for him by the Yates County Board of Elections, it appears that Casella will get the 2 party lines back when Judge Ark renders his decisions on Wednesday. Casella took the stand and answered All questions put to him by the high priced lawyer hired by Gardner's supporter who filed the frivolous lawsuit, the high priced lawyer called no witness to testify for Gardner's side. Gardner better start looking for a new job, maybe she can get appointed to Brockman's job that he will losing soon Yates county Public Defender.

#1502967 --- 08/07/17 09:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]

Originally Posted By: helpme
Court hearing today in Rochester was held to decide if Todd Casella will have the two parties lines reinstated that were taken away for him by the Yates County Board of Elections, it appears that Casella will get the 2 party lines back when Judge Ark renders his decisions on Wednesday. Casella took the stand and answered All questions put to him by the high priced lawyer hired by Gardner's supporter who filed the frivolous lawsuit, the high priced lawyer called no witness to testify for Gardner's side. Gardner better start looking for a new job, maybe she can get appointed to Brockman's job that he will losing soon Yates county Public Defender.
Not to crash the thread but what happened to the charges against Brockman?

#1502985 --- 08/08/17 06:47 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
McLovin' Offline

Loc: In the land of freedom
How can anyone believe helpme? I'm not a Gardner fan, but what helpme reported has no credence at all. I guess we will see tomorrow if he is doing his usual BS. Too bad helpme didn't give details, just what he hopes happens. You might call it FAKE NEWS. I wonder why Daines or Brechko didn't testify.

#1502994 --- 08/08/17 12:13 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
I am still waiting to hear who the private investigator was in this case. Any one know? Surely Gene must know, please tell us.

#1502995 --- 08/08/17 12:17 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Originally Posted By: gassy one

It's easy Gene! If your not happy with 1 or 2 you go to three!

Isn't it a good thing for law enforcement to want to follow a case from start to finish? Doesn't that show they care about what happens? I know that Donald trump doesn't live in Penn van and I don't know him, but I sure voted for him.

#1502998 --- 08/08/17 01:33 PM Re: Casella vs Gardner [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic

Isn't it a good thing for law enforcement to want to follow a case from start to finish? Doesn't that show they care about what happens?

I think the bigger issue that Gene was touching upon is that (to paraphrase "law and order") we are are supposed to have "two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders"

Once the case goes to the District Attorney, the DA is not the lawyer for the police, but for the People of the State of New York. They're job is to help ensure a fair prosecution, not just convict. Too many police seem to think the DA's are their to represent them and to get a conviction on the police cases even when one isn't warranted.

#1503019 --- 08/08/17 05:21 PM Re: Casella vs Gardner [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Well stated "Blue Man". As a police investigator or officer I always took ownership of my cases and presented the best possible information so it would be easy for a prosecutor to look at and decide how to proceed.

If a prosecutor had a question about the circumstances they would call me. If I had a case that I had very strong feelings about I would let the D.A. know, but that didn't happen very often. The point that was taught in basic school was not to get involved worrying about the disposition of your arrest. If you put together a good case it would usually get pled out.

If you send the prosecutor a lousy case, especially if the defense knows, it probably won't go anywhere.

#1503020 --- 08/08/17 05:23 PM Re: Casella vs Gardner [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

"Cynic", your reference to Trump regarding a national election is not comparing apples to apples regarding a local election. smile

#1503038 --- 08/08/17 09:35 PM Re: Casella vs Gardner [Re: Mean Gene]

"Cynic", your reference to Trump regarding a national election is not comparing apples to apples regarding a local election. smile
Sure does Gene.Instead of rehashing the same people over & over again bring in a outsider with new views and thoughts!

#1503072 --- 08/09/17 07:27 AM Re: Casella vs Gardner [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

gassy, I believe his post was reference to a prior comment why someone would vote for someone they don't know who doesn't live in the county. A national election is a bit different than a local one.

In this case we are not dealing with the "same people over and over again" Ms. Gardner came in and uprooted someone the establishment put in the position. She has been there one term. I wouldn't refer to her as " a same person over and over again"

#1503367 --- 08/14/17 05:57 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
helpme Offline

Well once again I'm right, last week Gardner had 2 felony drug cases throw out of County Court and now today we learn she lost 2 election law lawsuits. Tomorrow like last week she will have at least 2 more felony drug cases dismissed because she screwed them up, these dismissals most likely will cost Yates County taxpayers $$$.

#1503369 --- 08/14/17 06:00 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: McLovin']
helpme Offline

McMuff You just proved you are foolish.

#1503375 --- 08/14/17 09:20 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]

CASELLA WINS NYS SUPREME COURT CASE AGAINST GARDNER, WILL REMAIN ON BALLOT IN YATES D.A. RACE

(Rochester, NY) Today the New York State Supreme Court ruled in favor of Todd Casella and against Valerie Gardner’s attempts to remove him from the ballot in this year’s election for Yates County District Attorney. The ruling means that Casella will be on the ballot for the September 12th Republican Primary Election, and on the ballot on the Independence and Reform lines for the November 7th General Election.

“It’s pretty simple: The voters of Yates County deserve a choice,” said Casella in reaction to the ruling. “Valerie Gardner has gone to great lengths to try to remove me from the ballot. You have to wonder why she’s trying everything she can to avoid facing the voters on Election Day. This is not only a great victory for me, but a great victory for the democratic process and the People of Yates County.”

While the challenges were filed at the Board of Elections and Supreme Court by Gardner’s close associate, Penelope Marchionda, Gardner was the driving force behind them. She personally appeared in Supreme Court with Marchionda and listed the expense of filing the Supreme Court Index Number on her latest Campaign Financial Disclosure Report. The Private Investigator who harassed Casella’s wife and one-year old daughter also appeared in court with Gardner.

“Before deciding to run for D.A., I asked myself one question: Is justice being done for the people?” he added. “Unfortunately, the answer was ‘No’. That’s why I’m running for District Attorney to bring my dedication and passion for justice to the office, and am respectfully asking the people of Yates County for their vote.”

“It was a privilege and honor to talk directly with voters as we collected nearly 1,000 signatures for my petitions,” said Mr. Casella. “It’s abundantly clear that they’re ready for new leadership that is committed to the principals of justice in the District Attorney’s Office. People are ready for a change and I’m prepared to take on that challenge.”

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom. He is a zealous courtroom advocate and principled prosecutor who has earned the endorsement of the New York State Police in his candidacy for Yates County District Attorney.

The Republican Primary Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 and the General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017

#1503384 --- 08/14/17 09:54 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

helpme, I am sure the paper will cover dismissal of any felony
drug cases in great detail, you will excuse me if I wait for the details from the paper.

I see Gassy has reprinted Casella's new release he provided for the media regarding the court case. He forgot to mention in the article he used three different addresses in his filings with the Board of Elections which caused his paperwork to be challenged. I am glad a challenge was filed against someone who doesn't live, work or have any connection to Yates County who listed three different addresses!!!

#1503400 --- Yesterday at 05:29 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

MG is it true you contacted Casella to offer your support, and you then claimed you asked Gardner to return your 10$ campaign donation so you could give it to him?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >