#1506000 --- 10/04/17 09:23 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
gassy one Offline

FingerLakes1.com
#1506001 --- 10/04/17 09:58 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: gassy one
What planet are you on? Puerto Rico pays no federal tax! It's a one way street petunia! Their way!

Puerto Rico funds the US government. Puerto Ricans who live on the island aren’t just American citizens, they’re American taxpayers. They pay payroll taxes, business taxes, and estate taxes. They helped pay for disaster relief in Texas after Hurricane Harvey and in Florida after Hurricane Irma.

Now, do you think you can process that little fact?

#1506015 --- 10/05/17 05:39 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sam...kushpmg00000067

The American government’s slow response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria is actually nothing new.

On Wednesday’s “Full Frontal,” Samantha Bee explained that the way President Donald Trump “helped” storm-ravaged Puerto Ricans followed a 100-year-old pattern.

“If you’re shocked by this, then you are not Puerto Rican,” said Bee. “Truth is, we’ve been treating them like the unwelcome nephew under America’s stairs for more than a century.”

Aided by “Hamilton” star Javier Muñoz, who has family on the island, Bee then dissected its history of “getting screwed with their pantalones on by the United States.”

#1506017 --- 10/05/17 07:36 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
What planet are you on? Puerto Rico pays no federal tax! It's a one way street petunia! Their way!

Puerto Rico funds the US government. Puerto Ricans who live on the island aren’t just American citizens, they’re American taxpayers. They pay payroll taxes, business taxes, and estate taxes. They helped pay for disaster relief in Texas after Hurricane Harvey and in Florida after Hurricane Irma.

They pay crap! Half of them don't work! They pay no federal tax so we aren't getting much tax from them petunia! It's mostly them sucking money from us! Can you process that flower petal?

#1506033 --- 10/05/17 11:26 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/puerto-rico-jeb-bush-slams-064342201.html

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said Puerto Ricans deserve “consistency and compassion” from the Trump administration, after the president said loss of life on the storm-devastated island did not compare to a “real tragedy” like Hurricane Katrina.

On his visit to Puerto Rico Tuesday, Trump addressed government officials, and compared the loss of life from Hurricane Maria to that from Hurricane Katrina, which struck Louisiana in 2005.

"Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous—hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody's ever seen anything like this,” said Trump.

Since Trump left the Caribbean U.S. territory, the death toll has risen to 34, and thousands remain without power.

The mayor of San Juan Carmen, Yulin Cruz, criticized the administration for not providing the same assistance to Puerto Rico as it did to Texas and Florida after recent devastating hurricanes, and described scenes in which Trump tossed paper towels to hurricane survivors after his statement to officials Tuesday as "terrible and abominable."

Jeb Bush, a rival to Trump for the 2015 GOP presidential nomination, became the first senior Republican to break ranks and criticize the administration’s response Wednesday.

#1506037 --- 10/05/17 01:00 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

They pay crap! Half of them don't work! They pay no federal tax so we aren't getting much tax from them petunia! It's mostly them sucking money from us! Can you process that flower petal?

Read and Learn, O Misinformed One:

Puerto Rico is supporting the US…not the other way around:
https://waragainstallpuertoricans.com/20...r-way-around-2/

#1506041 --- 10/05/17 01:32 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Excellent link Timbo.

#1506053 --- 10/05/17 08:35 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Read and Learn, O Misinformed One:

Excess profits to corporations don't equate to paying taxpayers back for what we send over there DUMBO!

#1506054 --- 10/05/17 08:39 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
gassy one Offline

#1506059 --- 10/05/17 08:50 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Excess profits to corporations don't equate to paying taxpayers back for what we send over there DUMBO!

And yet, each and every policy that you typically cling-to does precisely the same thing. You're a hypocrite.

"the island received a total of $4.6 billion in federal dollars, while contributing $71.6 billion dollars back to the US economy."

To suggest that these figures DON'T confirm that PR contributes FAR more than they take in is utterly incorrect and derisible. Besides, government decides where tax money is spent. Not you. So, move the goalpost all you wan't, Your argument is false any way you stack your BS.

#1506062 --- 10/05/17 08:56 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

I don't cling to anything flower petal! I'm sure you take more handouts than I ever would! You're a lefty petunia who likes handouts!

#1506065 --- 10/05/17 09:15 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Excellent link Timbo.

Thx, my work here is done. grin

#1506066 --- 10/05/17 09:16 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

But first, A Reminder...

And yet, each and every policy that you typically cling-to does precisely the same thing. You're a hypocrite.

"the island received a total of $4.6 billion in federal dollars, while contributing $71.6 billion dollars back to the US economy."

To suggest that these figures DON'T confirm that PR contributes FAR more than they take in is utterly incorrect and derisible. Besides, government decides where tax money is spent... NOT you. So, move the goalpost all you wan't, Your argument is false any way you stack your BS.

#1506067 --- 10/05/17 09:21 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

I don't cling to anything flower petal! I'm sure you take more handouts than I ever would! You're a lefty petunia who likes handouts!

I might agree with with you, but then I'd also be wrong and then we'd BOTH look like total idiots. grin

#1506106 --- 10/06/17 11:15 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

I might agree with with you, but then I'd also be wrong and then we'd BOTH look like total idiots. grin
You make yourself look like a total idiot everyday! What's the difference?

#1506107 --- 10/06/17 11:17 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Excellent link Timbo.
Butt kisser!

#1506109 --- 10/06/17 11:49 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Excellent link Timbo.
Butt kisser!
If you ever post anything I agree with I will complement you also.

#1506154 --- 10/06/17 07:09 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Won't happen! You are way out there off the charts!

#1506170 --- 10/07/17 02:47 AM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Won't happen! You are way out there off the charts!
I support every law-abiding citizen having the right to own guns. Since I support it can I assume you don't support it?

#1506184 --- 10/07/17 12:51 PM Re: Trump "Fritzing Out" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Throw them a roll of paper towels Trump and I am sure they will be just fine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...aria/736372001/

GUAYANILLA, Puerto Rico — José Roig, 56, tried to stay positive as he surveyed his 150-acre coffee plantation clinging to the steep, storm-scoured hillsides near Puerto Rico’s southern coast.

Hurricane Maria’s winds of more than 150 mph ripped away nearly all the leaves on the once-lush tropical landscape, twisted tree trunks and exposed Roig’s shade-loving coffee plants to the sun.

“What took 35 years to build was lost in 10 hours,” Roig said, looking at a valley of destruction that spread beyond the mountain peaks in the distance and across the entire island.

Roig, who is proudly self-reliant, said his harvest was insured and vowed to recover.

But Puerto Rico’s agricultural sector was decimated by the storm, and he and government officials agreed that a full recovery from Maria’s blow will require federal assistance.

Carlos Flores Ortega, Puerto Rico’s secretary of agriculture, said the area around Roig’s farm, near the southern port city of Ponce, is known for plantains, bananas, papayas, coffee and citrus crops.

“All of that has been wiped out,” Flores Ortega said. “Farmers are used to loss, rain, heavy rains and flooding. But in this occasion, we had the worst natural disaster in 100 years on the island.”

Flores Ortega estimated the island lost 80% of its crops. The poultry sector lost 90% of its production and more than 2 million of its 2.6 million birds, along with numerous chicken coops and processing equipment.

All the plantations have been destroyed. Flooding covered 51,000 acres of coastal area. Cows and other livestock floated away in the swollen rivers. Irrigation systems were lost, and ornamental and hydroponic facilities were damaged.

“There’s no plant that can survive 150-mph winds,” Flores Ortega said.

Federal agencies and the island’s Department of Agriculture are looking for ways to restore Puerto Rico’s $1 billion agricultural sector, with grants and loans to help bury animals and to rebuild facilities and roads so farmers can go back to planting and production.

Jobs and income produced by food processors add another $3.5 billion to the island’s economy, Flores Ortega said.

Luz Quiñones, 39, who owns La Cosecha Mia (My Harvest) produce market in Old San Juan, said Puerto Rico’s farm industry was undergoing a renaissance before the hurricane, with young people getting into the game to feed a demand for organic and local produce.

That sector has grown to the point it started to export produce, Quiñones said.

“If the government doesn’t help rebuild, I don’t know if we’re going to survive,” she said.

In Yabucoa, a region on the southeastern corner of the island that produces plantains, farmer Aurelio Beltran drove through acres of downed plantain trees.

Angel Morales, president of the Yabucoa farming cooperative, said most of the valley's 3,000 to 4,000 acres of plantains were destroyed. Although farmers carry insurance, they'll still lose money because trees cost $6 to $7 to plant, and insurance only pays $3.25 a tree, Morales said.

Roig, whose forefathers established his farm in 1876 as Spanish immigrants from Catalonia, rode across his land in a rusty Jeep Renegade with his son, Jesús, 31, at the wheel.

Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 >